Heat On Dusty Rhodes

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I read reports earlier in the week stating that Stephanie McMahon was upset with Dusty Rhodes. Dave Meltzer reported it on his radio show and stated that Stephanie was pissed because Dusty Rhodes facepalmed her during their segment. Meltzer said that a lot of people were happy with the addition of the facepalm to things and that really only Stephanie had issues. He further added that Stephanie was supposed to bury Dusty during the segment they had a few weeks ago on Raw, but kept talking when he was supposed to be quiet.

At the end of the day, I don't see any real consequences coming down on Dusty because of this. Dusty Rhodes is someone that's been very well known for going out there and ultimately doing his own thing during promo segments. It's a major factor in what's led to him cutting some of the greatest promos in wrestling history. The man's got the gift of gab and can think while on the go. Basically, Dusty is an old school wrestler cutting and old school promo, which is how Triple H has Dusty and the other trainers in NXT teaching recruits.

This sounds like some aspects of Vince's personality rearing in Stephanie. She's upset because Dusty didn't do things Vince's way, which is also her way as long as Vince is still running things. If the promo segment flat out bombed from Dusty doing his own thing, I'd be more sympathetic to her. I don't think Dusty meant anything disrespectful, he's just doing things the only way he really knows how. Dusty Rhodes has been involved in professional wrestling for over 45 years. He's a genuine legend, a dying breed in pro wrestling, when the term legend is tossed around in pro wrestling with the casual ease of swatting a fly. He was cutting captivating in-ring promos & interviews that he was making up as he went along when Stephanie was teething. I think this is ultimately stuff that Triple H wants brought back into WWE once he's in charge, otherwise I see no reason to do away with scripted promos in NXT.

This isn't anything of note.

The Rhodes Family segments have been some of the only good things on Raw recently and a lot of that has been due to Dusty carrying the segments. The facepalm made the segment feel that much more realistic and suggesting that things were made worse because they went off script makes little sense. Almost any fan would agree that the more natural a segment feels, the better the segment is. Dusty did something that felt natural, but only Stephanie seems upset by it. I know she won't, but Stephanie needs to get over it and go with things. It's a non-issue, which means Stephanie will probably complain about it for months.

1. Dusty Rhodes couldn't possibly give a single solitary fuck

2. Sounds a lot like dirtsheet witch hunting after the Mcmahon-Levesque. Nothing out of the ordinary. Much like those posts on FB saying "the white house is SO MAD this photo is circulating....keep it going!!" Yea, sure they are.

Pure IWC gossip. Nothing but dirt sheet garbage. Don't waste your time. What likely happened is Dusty went off script a bit and maybe Stephanie and him discussed it. I doubt she cared that much and I doubt Dusty cared. Also, there's a good chance that it's a 100% made up story that's just playing off IWC thinking and stereotypes. Happens all the time. Bischoff is right....the IWC spreading lies and trash is just plain bad for pro wrestling.

I see nothing to this really. It's just the legend Dusty Rhodes who is a well seasoned veteran improvising on the spot, which by the way was the right call. Steph has nothing on Dusty and if she wants pursue this further she will only be disrespecting the art of pro wrestling.

Even if Steph had an issue, she can't DO anything... they've already pissed Flair and JR off, is she gonna punish Dustin and Cody? No cos they've invested too much in it. She should be honored to be facepalmed by Dusty...in a segment that shows why he is a legend.

If i had a match coming up where there is a possibility that would lead to the end of Dusty Rhodes career I might try to create some interest in it by spreading a rumor about friction between Dusty Rhodes and Stephanie McMahon. This rumor doesn't seem very effective but either has the whole draw for anyone to buy Battleground. Also doesn't hurt to further develop Steph's heel persona and connection in personality to her father.

Even if Steph had an issue, she can't DO anything... they've already pissed Flair and JR off, is she gonna punish Dustin and Cody? No cos they've invested too much in it. She should be honored to be facepalmed by Dusty...in a segment that shows why he is a legend.

Of course she could do something. She could bury them. Dusty would go back down to NXT, Cody would get jobbed out and Dustin would go back to being jobless. In other words the SSDD. Let's not act like the Rhodes are above the McMahons. Flair and JR mean nothing because neither one was around much.

But I don't believe much out of Meltzer's mouth. This is just him making crap up again.

WWE news tends to have more truth than not so I do believe that Dusty is having his liberties. Eventually he will be booked into a corner and pay for it with some form of embarrassment. I'm not sure what more they can possibly do to Dusty, they sure did a number on him when he was wrestling but I have a feeling Stephanie is feeling creative.

All those dudes are 30 years passed their target demographic. Nobody in WWE is even thinking about any of those or pissing off Cody and Dustin. Everyone is replaceable and nobody is bigger than the company.. or whatever nonsense is their motto.

this is the only time I have heard of this. Usual reporting of internet gossip drivel. Dusty Rhodes has single handedly made the Rhodes clan all look relevant. McMahon should be stoked that Rhodes has maybe ad libbed as this has been the only real reason they look anywhere near equals when sharing television time. If they want to get rid of Dusty and fuck up all the hard work he is done for WWE, then that circus deserves everything they get6. Rhodes doesnt need WWE, he could go to the joke that is TNA in an instant, or retire. He is a mulit millionaire

this is the only time I have heard of this. Usual reporting of internet gossip drivel. Dusty Rhodes has single handedly made the Rhodes clan all look relevant. McMahon should be stoked that Rhodes has maybe ad libbed as this has been the only real reason they look anywhere near equals when sharing television time. If they want to get rid of Dusty and fuck up all the hard work he is done for WWE, then that circus deserves everything they get6. Rhodes doesnt need WWE, he could go to the joke that is TNA in an instant, or retire. He is a mulit millionaire

Dusty a multi-millionaire?

I thought Dusty was "just a common man, working hard with his hands". :lmao:

BTW, how weird did Goldust look wearing a suit.

Of course she could do something. She could bury them. Dusty would go back down to NXT, Cody would get jobbed out and Dustin would go back to being jobless. In other words the SSDD. Let's not act like the Rhodes are above the McMahons. Flair and JR mean nothing because neither one was around much.

But I don't believe much out of Meltzer's mouth. This is just him making crap up again.

The issue is this... if they "buried" the Rhodes' legitimately after they've just screwed over JR and Flair there would be a massive fan backlash. Not just internet fans but any fan who remotely remembers the old era. Steph wouldn't want to unleash that kind of hate on herself or Triple H at this point... but there is a point to it.

Stir up some shit and it puts out the vibe that the McMahon/Helmsley combo are not to be fucked with by veterans whether Vince is there or not, and Mr. Warrior and Mr. Hogan are the likely targets of the message... Shitty way to do it but the JR stuff is classic Sun Tsu, nuke someone important early to show you're in charge. Although JR doesn't seem to be doing much different, he's still tweeting about WWE all the time so I'm guessing this was a work.

At the end of the day if Steph even made a comment Triple H should and probably did put her straight, it could then be twisted any which way by the rumor mill and we probably know where Steph and Trips's war on legend ends... Hogan & Warrior v Triple H and Big Show or The Shield...

Pure IWC gossip.

Yes, most likely.

Speculating on stuff like this is what makes pro wrestling so intriguing. Yes, when you look at the replays, it seems as if Stephanie truly disliked it; yet, isn't that exactly what she's supposed to do, as part of the act? The notion that we sometimes wonder what is real and what is faked has been the subject of discussion on wrestling forums for years. There's no other form of entertainment like it.

My guess is that Steph genuinely didn't expect it and didn't care for it, yet she could appreciate it as part of the act; an offshoot of what's going to happen on live television.

Of course, when you're the boss in real life as well as part of the act, it's possible Dusty has some heat on him. But as NorCal says, he probably doesn't give a damn, anyway......and it's hard to believe any heat would amount to anything in terms of punishment.

Stephanie: "Don't do it again, Dream."

Dusty: "Okay, boss lady. The plumber's son will keep his hands-off."

Maybe Steph is just a good actress, but I thought she looked seriously pissed a couple of weeks ago when Dusty mentioned her daughters.

How dare Dusty actually improve the segment. ********..

But seriously, if Steph is pissed off at Dusty then there is something wrong with her. Dusty was fantastic and was concise with what he was saying rather than Steph who is distinctly average on the mic and is boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back