Does the Women's Division Suck?

If the WWE wants the womens division to be good they gotta stop worring about looks and start looking for in ring skill. Jazz wasn't a 'looker' as my dad would say but she was good in the ring. I think that if WWE pushed Beth Phenoix(sp?) then she could be a good in ring competeter as well as Ashley but they need to get there diva's trained if they want the womens division to pick up.

if you go back to 4 or 5 years ago, the womens division had the likes of chyna, lita, trish, molly, stacy and ivory. Those women have half decent personalities and could put on good fueds. this is compared to the cardboard cutouts that are Kelly Kelly, layla, torrie, candice and ashley. But more than that, the divas of past years could actually wrestle. whereas a moveset of Ashley's goes like this: crappy spear that could't take down a baby, sit on top of someone and pull their hair and then finally, throw someone through the middle rope. How can she do that for 15+ minutes at Wrestlemania?

Of course the Women's "Division" sucks, that goes without saying. Take the women's division for exactly what it is- eye candy, nothing more. Filler time to help fill a 2-hour episode.

Few, if any of the current female superstars can wrestle, but that's not why they are there. They are there to look good, and most of them are gorgeous.

Do I care if Torrie Wilson knows how to do a suplex? Or if Candice Michelle knows how do a sharpshooter? Or if Melina knows how to do anything except her impressive ring entrance? No I don't. It is impossible to fill entire episodes with top notch high calibre wrestling, some filler time is always necessary. Personally I would rather see hot divas fill this time, rather than shit like Trump vs Rosie, midget wrestling, or seeing two talentless jobbers fill the time.

There's worse things to see on TV than Maria or Kelly Kelly rolling around the ring.

^^Then in this case, WWE should get rid of the divison and the title. if no one really cares about it and takes it seriously than whats the piont of the division. I think you are right hatehadsforever, at least in the fact that the womens division has become nothing more than filler time for raw. The women that have actual talent are longer pushed and have been replaced by talentless eye candy that wwe insists on pushing down our throats.

The only thing I disagree with you about is that it is possible to have shows filled with good wrestling and the womens divison had divas that contributed. These women were both good looking, but also tough as nails and could entertain crowds, not by rolling around in the ring like a bunch of idiots, but by puting on good wrestling matches, just like their male counterparts. I have long since defended the womens division, but its hard to defend something that continuosuly gets worse and worse and regresses to the piont that it not even worth talking about. Why wwe decided to ruin a good thing, I don't know but I do not find this new womens divison entertaining and I bet alot of other guys don't either.

I agree with everything that you are saying kfowlkes, but to get to what I as going to say yes it does suck right now IMO. I mean the only divas right now that I see who has talent is Mickie, Melina, Victoria, and I heard that Jillian is pretty good in the ring. Other then that everyone else is mostly eye candyat this point girls like Maria could do good in the future if they just train more and work hard but girls like Kelly Kelly and Candice and others don't do crap for the Womens division.

When I went to a Raw awhile back I think it was Candice vs. Maria or Candice vs. someone but I can't really remember that well, the crowd was 100% dead silence not no noise what so ever. I just kinda get pissed off that all these girls get hired to dance around the ring half naked and be ****ty and trashy. It puts the Womens point of view down and should not be thought of lik that, girls like Trish and Lita and some legends in the WWE Division from back awhile ago should be shaking there heads right about now.

Right now I only think the Womens Divsion is only to buy and eat some time up from Raw/Smackdown/ECW. I could go out in the streets and find a bunch of girls to shake there ass around the ring and do like 2 moves and then take their shit off and bounce their ass around. Nothing really has contribued to the Womens Division right now IMO I wish we could be seeing good matches from the divas though don't get me wrong it's not nothing wrong with seeing a bra and panties match or something sexy from the divas once in awhile but it's the same B.S. all the damn time.

I would really like to see a Melina vs. Victoria fued because those two are decent wrestlers and Victoria is very good IMO, to be honest I think that since like the 2000's came and when Trish and Lita left everything been kinda going down it's time for some of these divas to step up but half of them won't. The divas right now that I like are Jillian, Melina, Victoria, Mickie, some what Maria, and so so with Ariel. All the other divas are worthless in the ring like Kelly Kelly, Layla, Kristal, Candice and others it's kinda sad to see the Womens Division go down but if they don't want it no more just get rid of it or something and as for Ashley goes she better not win at WrestleMania23 or I will have less faith and hope for the Womens Division. I bet you could find some indy girl wrestlers or girl boxers and they will perform better then some of these divas right now.

Indeeed you are correct, the women's division is a joke, like many of the no-talent loser wrestlers that are men in wwe. Aka johnny no-talent- cena,batista,masters,lashley,snitsky, etc... Melina is a credible champion, and will have to do. If they let that annoying little ho ashley win the title I will break the screen of my tv. She is just as NON-DESERVING of a title shot or a title as cena/batista/lashlet, etc... She can't wrestle her way out of a hefty bag, and her attitude is annoying and makes me want to change the channel. Melina should teach her not to leave her curtain jerker and kendrick & london manager status again. Victoria is deserving of a title shot or reign again, but for some reason no dice. Victoria vs melina would be a nice wrestlemania match. Trish wrestling would be nice, or Lita. catch my drift here, don't you? Real women wrestlers that can actually wrestle and paid their dues in this business, rather than benefitting from a superficial playboy cover shoot, aka ashley. Give me Jazz, Melina, Victoria, Trish, Lita, Gail Kim, Miss Jackie wrestling. Not Torrie, not Candice, not Jillian, not Ashley, not Crystal, not Kelly Kelly, not Michelle McCool.

See last year the womens divison was good, you had a well done Mickie/Trish feud, and they had a great match at mania. Lita/Trish then had a rivalry which was also ok, the problem is with those two gone, and mickie on leave there basicaly is no womens division now! Theres Melina, Victoria and Ashley that even have anything like enough over witht the crowd to be women champion, and Ashley sucks in the ring, well just in general really and shes not even that hot, so they wont give her the title, so i expect a long Melina reign not doing much excpet managing nitro.

I think they will soon bring up Shantelle and Angel Williams those two r very talented especially Shanetelle who looks like she could take women's wrestling if they allow her to use all her skills in the ring.

i heard a lot of good things about shantelle taylor..and i cant wait to see her come to raw...they desperately need her..and what happened to beth phoenix????

i think beth got injured and they got rid off her and let her go

like vince " YOURE FFFFIIIIIRRRRRRREEEEEEEDDDDD'

IMO Jillian's the best raw talent they have, this woman dominated every single promotion she was in, she has more accomplishments and titles than most of the popular male superstars in WWE. The problem is that WWE won't use her to her full extent because of the move ban, IMO Jillian would be better off in a promotion like ROH or TNA. Same goes for Mickie James, Victoria, Melina, Trinity, and Ariel.

If jillian's "the best raw talent" then why the hell do they have her singing britney spears type songs and making a complete fool out of herself by trying to showcase her total lack of singing ability? And why is it of the very fe wmoves she actually uses in the ring, the only one I can actually remember that was the least bit interesting was when she pulls her willing opponent into her chest. I would be a willing opponent as well :)

Because most of her moveset is limited by the move ban. Takes away her moonsault, her 450 splash, and her top rope tornado DDT as well as most of the other high risk moves she can do.

to me, the diva searches are killing the wwe. look at how many can really wrestle. victoria, mickie, melina, beth (for the short time she was there) and jillian. at least i think so. candice is alright.

maria is trying and i dont hate her cause she doesnt wrestle alot. ashley cant. it bugs me that she got a wrestlemania push.

christy is doing alright at tna with jackie and gail.

The WWE divas are pretty much pure eye candy and if they can work a decent match, all the better. The fact is there are some hot women on wwe programming, and Im sure that in itself is part of the reason that some people watch WWE, and that is a good enough reason to have them around.

Chyna is done with. You see her on those reality shows with her "boyfrind" shawn "x-pac". God she is definitely a shell of her former self. Just as the women's division is a shell of its former self. That jumberjjill match was garbage at wrestlemania just like many of the other matches, in my opinion. Melina did not deserve to even be in the ring with a no-talent poser like ashley. But then again that's a common theme is n't it? It was same for Taker having to wrestle Batista or HBGay having to wrestle no talent cena.

The women's division only sucks because the writers aren't letting the good wrestlers wrestle. If they sent Victoria and Mickie James out to wrestle it would be a quality division and they could easily hire some other good wrestlers, but in the end sex sells more then womens wrestling does. I would pay money to see a bikini contest before I paid to watch Victoria and Mickie James kick the snot out of each other. The diva search is not "killing" the WWE, WWE seems to be doing fine with or without it.

And it wasn't that stupid to push Ashley. Many many potential viewers were buying the Playboy she was in last month, so it isn't that stupid to have her on tv for that time period. Stupid would have been putting the belt on her because now that a new playboy is out she is a nobody.

Someone please tell me? What is so special abou ashley anyway? She can't wrestle. She is not pretty, nor really sexy. She is annoying and makes you want to change the channel. To me the only reason she's out there is to bring a little more appeal to the true professionals kendrick & london's matches... But they don't need her, and I certainly don't need her.

What Ron Simmons really should be saying when he sees ashley is... DAMN SHE CAN"T WRESTLE, WHAT IS MCMAHONNICAN THINKING...

Why would you pay to see a bikini contest at a wrestling event? That just doesn't make sense. Would you say the same for a boxing match or a football game? I would hope not. Sure sex sells, but when the majority of viewers tune in to see wrestling and not some airheaded bimbos show their assets, sex begins to lose some of its appeal. WWE divas having sex appeal is fine as long as it doesn't overtake their wrestling aspect. Since it obviously has within the WWE and the majority of the Divas today are total disgraces to the female wrestling community, I say WWE kills the title, at least until WWE gets rid of some of the usless talents and brings in some real talent to feud with Victoria, Mickie, and Jillian.

Well said. I too am sick of them degrading these women and trying to overshadow why they are truly out there (to wrestle and represent themselves as quality athletes in the ring) with over the top, overtly sexual innuendo, skits, and moves. And I also agree that to this moment the only real women's wrestlers that deserve to even be out there showcasing their talents are Vicky, Melina, and Jillian... But I do think torrie's skills have steadily improved in the ring, as have maria's....

And I left out mickey. And it is obvious she is trying to pattern her career after Trish, which is a good thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back