• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does the Women's Division Suck?

Why is it a good thing? Trish wasnt special. She was an average wrestler. With average charisma. Mickie should try to be original. Trish's 7 title reigns were given to her. It's not like boxing where you have to actually win titles.

Every title reign ever was given to the person. Trish was given title? So was Ric Flair (16 times), HHH, The Rock, Austin, Hart, etc, etc.

Awww Jefferson, don't mind that moron. He can't help it. Everything that he feels compelled to type on here turns to textual diarrhea...

Awww Jefferson, don't mind that moron. He can't help it. Everything that he feels compelled to type on here turns to textual diarrhea...

And yet your the one that everyone take's the piss out of. Weird.

My point is, why wish for another Trish Stratus? Why not wish for somebody who is better and can make womens wrestling better.

^^ Jake give Trish more credit than that. IMO, among the WWE divas, Trish was one of the best. Sure she's not the best ever if you factor in the women outside of WWE, as I can name plenty of women with more raw talent than Trish. But she did have plenty of talent, and was very unique. As far as she having 7 titles, I agree, some of those were given to her because WWE didn't have anybody else to put the title on. But she worked hard and earned her first title, and proved that a diva can come in with no talent and work her way up with hard work. She also had lots of charisma, IMO she was one of the most charmismatic divas ever. And in age when a woman's breast's were valued higher than their ability to put on great matches, Trish remained unique in that category to, trying to adapt to the changes by mixing the right amount of sex appeal and still remaining a great athlete and performing for the fans. And as far as wishing for someone better to pick up were Trish left off, I agree, I to would like to see that happen. Just check out my Book This! if you don't believe me. But I'm still going to acknowledge Trish and what she did accomplish while in WWE.

something i never really understood was...WWE knew that they were loosing the 2 best women wrestlers they had (trish & lita) so why would they fire jazz instead of moving her over to RAW??? that was really stupid...we could of have seen great matches between jazz and mickie james???? how dumb were they to do that!!!

It's sad that people will actually accept Trish or Lita as credible ladies wrestlers and talk them up to high heaven. Big Boobs McGee and Miss Congeniality aren't all that amazing and I can count the number of passable matches they've wrestled collectively and not even have to take off my shoes to finish. It says loads as to how sad things have been stateside in terms of women involved in wrestling.

There have been some decent ladies wrestlers to come through Titan in the last fifteen years, but they've usually been squandered or mispushed. Of the current roster, the only woman that I can even stand to watch is probably Victoria (which is odd considering she's a Tough Enough contestant). The Diva Search is a wash and the leftovers from it are still stinking up the shows to this day. Looking back, Jazz, Gail Kim, Little Miss Nora Greenwald and maybe to a lesser extent Chyna were the only ones post-Madusa/Luna that I'd even consider. Sable was over because of her big fake t*ts and the fact she was hot. She couldn't work a mic and her "Sable-Bomb" was the lousiest rendition of the move in recent memory. They've never spent the time or the effort necessary to build a credible ladies division. They need to look at what is done in Japan. Those ladies know how to go and can perform on par with a lot of the men. When that kind of dedication is taken into account into American wrestling...then MAYBE I won't be predominantly inclined to cue through those parts of the broadcasts. If they wish to fill the roster with half-plastic airheads who can't pour piss out of a boot in terms of wrestling, then just turn them into valets and managers, a let the real wrestlers wrestle.

Womens division sure has dried up aint it? Like most have been saying letting Trish & Lita go and not really having anyone else in place was a huge mistake for wwe. The womens division has just became a gap filler now and there's only 2 women that can actually wrestle and thats Victoria & Mickie but Raw seems to be more focused on the actual good looking women that cant wrestle at all,look at Melina for example no talent at all.

Womens division sure has dried up aint it? Like most have been saying letting Trish & Lita go and not really having anyone else in place was a huge mistake for wwe. The womens division has just became a gap filler now and there's only 2 women that can actually wrestle and thats Victoria & Mickie but Raw seems to be more focused on the actual good looking women that cant wrestle at all,look at Melina for example no talent at all.

In all fairness it's been like that for a while now. Even when they had Trish and Lita they didn't use them that good, that is the main reason Lita left, they had nothing for her beyond being Edge's valet. Look at the Diva search over the past few years. It's been going that direction for a long time..This isn't a new thing, it's be going into the toilet for years, not that the WWE was ever dedicated to it from the start, the title was defended at Wrestlemania 1 and 2 and then wasn't seen again until wrestlemania 10, thats 7 years of it not being there. Then it was gone until mania 15. It's been on 11 times, no more consistent than when Trish started wrestling, she had a great impact on the division, but now that she is gone and so is lita, and with only 2 women who can wrestle and neither of them did at Mania..I am just not sure if this title won't vanish again for 7 years.

Trish and Lita were standouts in the WWE that had the ability to actually get fans involved in matches and that's saying something for women in the WWE now. They were both good wrestlers that are evidently being missed today and just because they may not have put on the 5 star matches you might see in companies that treat women's wrestling with a bit of respect and hold it higher than the WWE does, but that doesn't mean they weren't good for the standard of women's wrestlers the WWE produced at the time. The WWE has always been about eye candy but Trish and Lita had wrestling ability and the ability to look good in the ring which the women in the WWE today couldn't ever have.

I absolutely despise the Diva search as it degrades the division even further with the "talent" that comes from there, and it makes people like Trish and Lita look much, much better when you compare them to people like Ashley, Candice, Torrie and Maria, who are basically the eye candy the WWE is trying to make look good. Trish and Lita were dedicated to their wrestling ability moreso than their appearances and that's something they need to be credited for. Name one American company that has women main eventing a TV show and that were more over than most of the men, which is exactly what those women were.

Ever since they left the standard has declined further, so respect them for what they gave to the business and the real reason we think they are so good is because they are leagues ahead of the women in WWE today. Sex sells though, and that's why you won't see women like Victoria or Jazz used in the WWE anymore because it's all look wise now. If they could find women that the WWE would push for looking good and also backing it up in the ring, we would have a great division, or maybe if the women actually tried to wrestle, or they actually hired some women who could wrestle beforehand.

The womens division is a joke now but that's all we should expect. At least Trish and Lita fulfilled some expectations we have of seeing women dedicated to wrestling and actually backing that up in matches that were entertaining for what they were. Those women were standouts at a time when womens wrestling in the WWE was held in the same regard as it is now, so they deserve respect for that.

The talent level of the women's division is what is it and will probably stay at about this level for the forseeable future. Because of this, I think that the way that fueds and storylines are booked is even more important than it would usually be. I think the biggest mistake with the current booking of the women's division is that everything is centered around the belt. While obviously there needs to be a storyline around the title, I think that its necessary for other fueds to be taking place. I think that the Ashley/Jillian storyline that just started up is a step in the right direction. I also think that Mickie James, for the time being, should NOT be in the hunt for title. Let her fued with Victoria for a few months to build up both of them. In the meantime, bring up Beth Phoenix or some other women's wrestler from OVW and let them get the push and fued with Melina. Melina comes out on top, but Phoenix (or whoever) still looks good plus there is now a built up challenger for Melina to fued with who could believably take the belt. While all this is going on, let Candice and Maria and whoever else get experience wrestling on Heat and occasionally tag up to add variety to the main fueds. WWE can still only put on one women's match a week on Raw, but they can alternate between feuds so both stay fresh but don't get over done.

I'm sure there are plenty of good ways to book the division other than the above, but the main point is that when the talent level isn't as high as you would like, the booking needs to make up for it.

I liked to See the following in the women's Division: Beth Pheonix,Victoria,
Mickie James,Melina, Jillian Hall ,Nattie Neidhart from Deep South Wrestling
Torrie Maria can go to smackdown forever Also bring up Shelly and Trinity from ECW from time to time . Some of the Diva search models shouldn't even try to wrestle period .

i think torrie should get a push for the womens title, she is improving a lot and she has been in wwe over 6 years now. so she deserves a title run

So about the womens division. I think its ok but some of the women lack the talent needed to be an entertaining wrestler. Some of the diva's are pretty hot though and I think that helps out that division a little bit.

The women's division pretty much stinks.
once they started the diva search, they booted out some great female wrestlers like molly holly, jazz and gail kim.

Now all we got is Mickie James, victoria, melina, jillian, ariel, trinity, torrie[mid-way] and candice[mid-way] who are the only good wrestlers

They should just get rid of some of the pointless divas like michelle and layla

Wwe Need Actual Wrestlers Ivory,jazz,molly Holly, I Miss All Three Of Them

^ There are actual wrestlers in the division, great talent, the only problem is that WWE just won't use them.

I don't think that Jazz fits Vince's "idea" of what a woman should look like so you probably won't see Jazz in the WWE anytime soon. She's in SHIMMER, where she's much better off.

I can't remember the reason why Molly left, but I think it had something to do with a breast cancer scare. Molly left on good terms and might be back one day but probably not.

Ivory is old, she's 46, while she is still much better than the majority of the divas, I think the scedule and being on the road would take its toll on her much quicker than the younger girls.

^ There are actual wrestlers in the division, great talent, the only problem is that WWE just won't use them.

I don't think that Jazz fits Vince's "idea" of what a woman should look like so you probably won't see Jazz in the WWE anytime soon. She's in SHIMMER, where she's much better off.

I can't remember the reason why Molly left, but I think it had something to do with a breast cancer scare. Molly left on good terms and might be back one day but probably not.

Ivory is old, she's 46, while she is still much better than the majority of the divas, I think the scedule and being on the road would take its toll on her much quicker than the younger girls.

I believe Molly is very religous and has moral objections to WWE's content. I doubt we will see her again.

1 of the main reason the women's division sucks is due to the roster split. I still don't get why they waste Jillian Hall on smackdown when she should be going for the title on raw. I have always liked Hall, she a charm about her. I still doubt she will be on raw fulltime.

^ Because half her moves are affected by the move ban, no 450 splash, no moonsault, no top rope hurricanranas or frankenstieners, she also has a wicked missle dropkick, but i've yet to see her use it in WWE.

Jillian hall is on smackdown merely to be a trainer, IMO, as she has been wrestling for almost a decade now and has plenty of experience where as the other smackdown divas have none.

And Molly being a christian won't affect her coming back to WWE. Molly took offense to some of the past storylines WWE had her in, but if they give her some autonomy, like they do with Shawn Michaels, and give her some less intense storylines that don't force her to do something that she would consider immoral, then she would come back, indefinatly.

Im sorry to say it but the womans division sucks .period. the only reason that any wrestling fed has a womans division is to be politically correct. if they took out all the gratuitious diva shit in the show and just took out the womans division in general and put in more matches with guys like shelton benjamin and carlito then the show would benefit indefinetly.

I think it sucks. There are only 4 divas in WWE that can wrestle. Those are Victoria, Mickie, Melina and Jillian Hall. Maria has been trying and so has Candice but there not at that stage yet where they can put on a decent match.IMO, they need to bring back Beth Pheonix and Jaz. I have no idea why they released Jaz. She had a phenominal match with Mickie on the WWE and WWECW head to head special. WWE needs to stop going for eye candy. If they want a good looking diva on there roster go ahead get one but atleast get one that could actually wrestle.

Im sorry to say it but the womans division sucks .period. the only reason that any wrestling fed has a womans division is to be politically correct. if they took out all the gratuitious diva shit in the show and just took out the womans division in general and put in more matches with guys like shelton benjamin and carlito then the show would benefit indefinetly.

How biased is that statement. So you honestly think that none of the divas can wrestle and are incapable of putting on a good show? I certainly hope thats not the case.

No the WWE would not benefit if they just got rid of the womens division completely, what they need to do is stop pushing the divas that can 't wrestle and start pushing the one who can. The divas that can't wrestle I think that they need to train harder and work their way up through the ranks. That means until they show improvement, they do the job. But even if they job, they still have the chance to learn from the divas that can wrestle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back