• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does the Women's Division Suck?

Rabbid Wolverine

Pre-Show Stalwart
melina beat mickie james, is this not ******ed??... the only divas that can wrestle are mickie james and victoria, the rest of them cant wrestle... the womens division doesnt draw any additional fans... i've seen ppl on some other posts say that women actually watch the womens division....WRONG.. the only ppl watchin the women wrestle are real wrestling fans that put up with that nonsense...

get rid of the title or atleast get sum butch looking women that can fight or wrestle, who cares if they dont look good, as long as they can wrestle its better than watching half the divas keep fukking up moves

Mickie vs Trish was a big draw at last years Mania. Infact, that whole fued was of the best of the year. Should they keep it on Mickie forever just because she has the most talent? No. Melina isn't all that bad anyhow.

I believe that this was just to get the belt on Melina because she hasn't been champion yet. I do think Victoria is more deserving, but Mickie and Melina can have a great feud and that looks to be the women's wrestlemania match (the other being Ashley vs Jillian in some crap match about Playboy.) The two showed great intensity, and whilst they aren't the best wrestlers, I think that the two can really benefit from a competitive feud that they can really have. Melina hasn't had much time to wrestle so I don't think she has shown what she can really do yet, but she is a better champion than Maria or Candice would be.

These two put on a very intense match and that was enjoyable womens wrestling that there has been a lack of lately. Don't sell them short because they are underrated in my opinion. Melina should have a go as champion just to test her out and I think that is great for her. They may just restore some credibility to the division if they can improve, and after these two's matches, there is nothing stopping them from putting on a great show. It's not the best at the moment, but these two are making something at least.

This comes as a surprise though because she was apparently in the doghouse beforehand, and this isn't exactly punishment is it?

I was at RAW Live on Monmday in Bakersfield and i have to say being there Live Micky and Melina match was good not great but good. Each time they have a match its gets better in teh ring just i rather see a better finish then what they had. But the crowd liked the match as everyone stayed to watch unlike the Kahli vs Highlanders match. This Feud is a good one as Melina right now is over with fans then what they show on TV, I think Melina is the third best diva wrestler in the WWE right now. She has been improving each time she is in the ring. I think her having the belt right now is good and it freshens things up as now Mickie can fight her way back to gold.

This comes as a surprise though because she was apparently in the doghouse beforehand, and this isn't exactly punishment is it?

It was a surprise to me as well as i thought she was in the doghouse too, but then again if your over and well WWE can over look things. Anyways sadly the one they are punshing for Melina's behavior backstage is Nitro

I think your wrong Rabbid Wolverine. Melina can wrestle, look up some of her indy stuff if you don't believe me. The melina in WWE is a much more watered down version than the melina that performed on the indy circuit. Its true that most of the women in wwe can't wrestle in fact Its probably safe to say that 90% of the women in wwe don't anywhere near the ring. But the other 10%, the women that have trained, that have sacrificed to train themselves professionally, deserve a shot at the title. Granted, that there aren't alot of women left in wwe that know how to wrestle. At one point, every woman on the womens roster was capable of performing in the ring either to an average level or to an above avg level. Then WWE started this stupid diva search and brought in wave after wave of worthless models who can't even execute the simplest of moves in the ring. But WWE isn't completely ******ed, as they brought in more and more models the divas who could wrestle began to leave, wwe knows they can't put the womens title on one of these models, because the fans would never except it, it would undo decades of hard earn respect that women like moolah, wendi richter, madusa, and sherri martel fought to earn for the divison in the 80's and 90's and then women like Jacqueline, chyna, sable, lita, molly and then trish continued to mold the divison into what it is today and despite all the resent changes to the divison in resent years, wwe has still managed to bring great new talent to the womens division. Granted that most of these women are watered down versions of their indy counterparts, but they all can work and they were brought in so the wwe doesn't look like complete dumbasses putting in divas that can't work to save their lives. To me I would get bored if Mickie were the champion all the time when there is so many new potential fueds with Victoria, Candice (mid card) Torrie (mid card), Beth Pheonix if she ever returns, Melina who who I knew could be champ, and Jillian Hall who balances out smackdown. ECW has Shelly and Trinity to balance the talent over there. I know that most of the women in wwe don't belong in the ring and probably never will but please don't discount the women who have sacrificed and worked hard to be able to get where they are today, its not fair to them to say they suck when they have alot more to offer than just sex appeal.

Not all of them, some of them have talent and can put on a good show and if your to biased to see that i'm sorry.

ok, i'll agree, i havent seen melina on the indy scene, but wut i've seen in wwe, is not too impressing, it is honestly a chance to go to the bathroom or flip to another channel.

i dont see a division as being worthy when they only have 2-3 participants, the womens division was good at one time, like stated b4 wit jacky,sable, chyna, lita, molly,trish... but now i cant see it being that great

i guess we'll see in time wut happens here

like I said the wwe is slowly rebuilding the divison with the likes of Mickie, Victoria, Melina, Jillian, Shelley and Trinity. the problem is that wwe has hired so many models that can't work, that it is polluting and killing the divison. I swear, If Ashley wins the title at Wrestlemania, then you can call the divison offically dead. I will refuse to support the divison at that point if WWE chooses to go with that senario. Ashley doesn't deserve the belt, hell she doesn't even deserve to hold the belt in her arms and fantasize about being the champ.

True that, that would be terrible if Ashley won.

First of all though, the starter of this thread needs to learn how to spell and stop spelling so n00bish.

I like where the Women's division is going now, Mickie James seems like a good champion to me, and I like Melina and a few of the other girls on the Raw roster right now, so although it's nowhere near perfect, I think the Women's division is slowly being built back up.

Ahh, if only it were the golden days of Sable's Women's title reigns...*sigh*

please tell me what words i spelled wrong..... i dont type out proper sentences......... SUE ME numbnuts (did i spell that right?!)

ashley isnt the only one that shouldnt hold the title, but wwe is still trying to push a womens division.... YAWN

who else is goin to be thrown into this division to "build it up"?

only mickies james,victoria and i'll just say melina for the sake of it, are actually put into matches, who else is going to fight for the belt? torrie, maria, ashley, krystal

this division is kept around to have some T and A to look at during the program, and that is the only thing that it is good for right now

Yeah but ashley can't even sell properly or even deliver her moves right. she has little knowledge of ring psychology and an even smaller amount of training. IMO Torrie or Candice would be much better canidates for the match. both have been training hard to improve their skills and both take their training seriously. Ashley is just gliding off her playboy sales and to me she isn't even that hot. Molly was my favorite diva then I replaced her with Trish and now I support Jillian. Ashley wouldn't know the first thing about being the champ, Hell wwe should just give the belt to Kelly kelly after that. But seriously I don't think wwe is ******ed enough to but the belt on Ashley and I agree that the match will probably be a publicity stunt of some sort.

please tell me what words i spelled wrong..... i dont type out proper sentences......... SUE ME numbnuts (did i spell that right?!)

Let's see, let's start off with the title of the thread, "c y i say the womens division sux". Shouldn't it look more like "See Why I Say the Women's Division Sucks"? Then on to your first post, lets see you spell people as "ppl", you spelled the F-word as "fukk" and actually, ironically, you did spell numb nuts wrong as it wouldn't be one full word, but two.

Just saying maybe you should learn some elementary grammar and spelling before you come in and start telling us all why you think the women's division sucks, even though nobody asked (or really even cares) what you think on the subject.

I'd have to agree though kfowlkes in saying that even the WWE isn't stupid enough to put the belt on Ashley, why would they do that when they have a potential draw in a Melina vs. Mickie James Wrestlemania match?

Being a Playboy Diva doesn't always mean a Title Victory..It didn't work out too well for Christy Hemme against Trish Stratus at WM 21..They just need to do something with Ashley at WM to promote her playboy and this is the only logical scenario..It's just a shame Mickie won't be at Mania this year..But Melina will probably win at WM then reignite her feud with Mickie who'll win the Title back..It's nice to have a mix of Champions in there..While i'm a huge fan of her, Trish Stratus' year long reign as Womens Champion did nothing for the division..Long reigns are nice, but it's better to mix it up and Melina's not that bad in the ring either so it works for me.

I would rather see a mickie vs melina feud than watch any of the so called fake divas struggle in agony just to make it through a 5 minute match. To be brutally honest, I did expect melina to get the title but I didn't expect her to get it this soon. But I guess with Jillian, Shelly, and Trinity on Different shows there really wasn't anyone else besides Melina to take the title besides Victoria. Its a shame that the wwe forms of most of the divas are mere shells of what they once were in the indys. Even now out of the divas that can wrestle, there are 6 of them, I would rank Melina 5th on that list for potential but since wwe's strict rules have trinity sidelined and jillian reduced to Jobber to the Fluff (even though I think she is serving her purpose in another way putting over the fluff on smackdown) even Victoria is half the woman she once was (I think she still has It only wwe won't let her perform to that level anymore) Shelly was really the only one who could improve and she has taken her place as dominant diva on ECW. Melina being the only logical direction for the wwe to go with at this point, doghouse or not, the rules are different in the womens division because it is so much smaller than the men's and good talent is so limited that the rules are bent more easily for women than for men.

yeah its sad that wwe is holding divas like jillian ariel and trinity back...especially cuz there are 3 divas on raw who they can switch with..torrie candice(improving) and maria..i would like to see more competetion in the womens division

they seriously need to have more women wrestlers like lita. Im sick and tired of just see hair pulling and powder puff moves, man. I want to high flying girls that are actually entertaining. now that lita and trish are gone the women's division is crap.

Both Trinity and Jillian are high flyers and IMO they are miles ahead of anything lita (even though I don't take anything away from lita) could ever do, but since wwe as banned high risk top rope moves, Jillian and Trinity will probably never be able to perform to the caliber they once were performing, unless they go to Japan or something. Victoria IMO, is the best wrestler in the divison because she can do it all, she has technique, she can hit high risk athletic moves, and she's got speed and tons of power.

If chyna ever did come back she'd be a mere shell of her former shelf. Even if she worked her ass of and became really dedicated to becoming a wrestler again , she probably would never reach the level of where she was when she left wwe in her prime. Thats saying If Chyna wanted to come back, and if she had the motivation and drive. What I've read resently, states that Chyna has no desire to get back into the ring plus her life seems to be in shambles as she struggles with drugs and relationships and everytime she seemingly gets better, she relapses, and goes further downhill. Chyna was once great, possibly the best, but I think its safe to say that we won't see her in the ring for a long time.

i think ashley is improving very well..she is the most popular diva as well....im not sure if she's quite ready for the womens title but it would be nice to see more of her and to see her with gold...i think that they need to move trinity and jillian over to raw because they are wasting away on their shows...AND WOULDN'T YOU THINK BY NOW THAT TORRIE WILSON WOULD BE A GOOD WRESTLER SINCE SHE'S BEEN IN THE WRESTLING BUSINESS FOR ABOUT 8 OR 9 YEARS???? WHATS UP WITH THAT..i just hope wwe doesn't let the womens division die cuz i like watching the competeion

I'll give ashley some credit, out of all the plastic, no talent, uneducated fluffs that wwe just happened to pick up at the playboy mansion, which happens to include the majority of the divas at this point, ashley does show the commitment and eagerness to learn the aspects of the business unlike some of the others. Ashely is coming along but I just think she needs more experience. I think its way to soon for ashley to get a title shot, but that doesn't mean she can't hold it one day. She just needs more practice, her only competition has been an extremely watered version of jillian or her other fellow playboys, who are no better than ashley. Now if ashley can get to the point were she can take jillian full on, then I think that she can be considered for the title. That way she won't be dominated by the likes of Mickie and Victoria when she challeges for the title.

On the torrie wilson issue, torrie has the talent but for some reason wwe doesn't push her. I've always considered torrie the greatest playboy wrestler ever because of her ties to playboy but as been able to hold her own in the ring. at this point torrie as become alost like a jobber to the stars for the main event women but I can't place her in the same division as the other playboys, so I place her in a league of her own, she midcard so to speak.
If wwe were to push her for the title than I could accept it, as long as they push her as a legitament competitor.

At this point, I'm almost tempted to place Candice at the midcard level as well as Maria, whom i've noticed has greatly improved, and I wouldn't be suprised if ashley were to move to this level in the up and coming months, My only concern is that I hope wwe doesn't push these girls to quickly. Despite what wwe says, they do make mistakes, and I think that it would be a big mistake if ashley won the title now, but i'm not going to continue to rant on about it.

I totally agree with alot of what you guys are saying. I think that the WWE Women's Division is slowly but surely coming back to what it was before. The only problem is the models are getting more time than the wrestlers. Ashley, love the girl but she is not the future of that division as she is being made to be. I am currently in wrestling school to become a wrestler and I'll tell you, it's hard work. And it piss me off when I see girls like Maria, Candice, Torrie, and Ashley get all the TV time rather than Victoria, Mickie, Shelly and even Melina. Right now, I have a torn ACL. I have been training for almost a year and my injury hurts even more when I see vingettes of Ashley being in playboy instead of Melina and Mickie for instance building for another match. The WWE hired the models to balance out the talented girls that they do have. You don't realize how many of those girls that can really wrestle. Even though Sharmell and Krystal don't wrestle, believe me they can. I've been to DSW and OVW shows and I've seen it for myself. Almost all the girls can wrestle, they just don't. Right now, I think they put these models out so that they can work on the other girls more. You know girls like Kelly Kelly and Leyla aren't going to make it. Yeah, they might be on TV now, but they were just like all the other divas that came before and now they are all either in TNA bitching and complaining about WWE or on drugs. In time, these girls will go away. Melina is a good wrestler but she can't work with everybody. But it's not her fault if she has to wrestle a model. Mickie is a great wrestler and she is the true leader in the division. Victoria is being royally fucked over. She should be on TV alot more than she is and she is sexy. Instead of Jillian being Brooke Hogan for a night, she should be wrestling more and the rest of the girls on Smackdown need to be in the ring more. The Extreme Expose is a fucking joke. It piss me off to see Shelly apart of this. Kelly Kelly is a disgrace and Leyla is annoying. But it works for now and if you haven't notice, Vince always use what works for now and not for the future. The same things have been said years and years before and what has always happened, the same girls that everyone doesn't really know why they are here, get released and those that names always get talked about, stay every time. The girls that are being used now are the girls that they will eventually released. Vince knows what he is doing. He is using those models so that you can go to the bathroom and/or get another snack. You'll see, it will change and when it does, all the naysayers will be eating their words. The women's division was never good, but it never sucked either.

^^At last, someone who feels my pain!! I agree Totally, but at this point I honestly think that WWE no longer cares about the womens divison. If Vince really cared then he wouldn't hire models that can't work, then push those models down our thoats, trying to get us to accept irrational thought. You can see painly why the womens divison went south a few years ago and why the divison will eventually be killed off. Its because Vince would rather push a no talent plastic playboy in hopes of hyping up magazine sales, that no one will buy, seriously if I wanted to see Ashley naked then I would type 'Ashley Massaro naked photos ' into a search engine, Im pretty sure id get a result. If vince really cared about the divison the he would probably be working hard to forge a divison with talent that can actually work, and he probably wouldn't have let former divas such as Ivory and molly leave on bad terms. But I guess at this point, its to early to be jumping to conclusions just yet, WWE has pulled stunts like this before and somehow they always manage to come around in the end, this creates a guessing game full of exictment, angst, and drama before the matches. But I guess we'll know were Vince really stands after Wrestlemania.

The Women's division took a crap beating when Trish and Lita left at almost the same time. Of course it is crap, but it will take time for them to build it up. Sure Ashley may not be Lita, but she maybe able to become what Trish was. For her it may take years. Question is: Do they have the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back