Dixie Carter's Infatuation with Reality Stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Powers

Bulletproof Tiger
Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch

Jessie Godderz, who appeared on the CBS reality program Big Brother, received a tryout match at the last set of iMPACT! tapings in Orlando. WWE had shown interest in the bodybuilder as he spent the last few months working out at the company's developmental promotion. At the request of TNA president Dixie Carter, he worked a dark match against Alex Shelley as she wanted to see how he would perform in the ring before committing to any type of contract with him. Reviews were said to be mixed on his in-ring performance. Both Taz and Kurt Angle advised Godderz to prove he's serious by purchasing a pair of wrestling boots. With that being said, still no word yet on whether TNA intends to move forward with him.

On another note, many within TNA feel this is the latest case of Carter becoming enamored with featuring a reality television show star in her company, following the likes of Jenna Morasca, Jonny Fairplay and Joel "Truck" Anderson.

I really hope Dixie kills this fascination with reality stars before it clouds her thinking. We have all seen how these reality stars turned wrestlers have panned out. Don't get me started on the worst match of the year with Jenna Morasca against Sharmell. Especially the horrible Danny Bonaduce and Eric Young match at Lockdown earlier this year.

I've seen clips of this Jessie Godderz guy who is pretty much a body without a brain. I haven't seen him wrestle, but it sounds like the guy really isn't that good to begin with. I don't hold grudges if someone wants to be in the wrestling business for the right reasons, but Jenna didn't even want to wrestle.

TNA thought they would actually gain publicity by throwing this no talent hack in the ring. I really don't feel this will do anything at all for TNA. It won't do anything for the reality stars who want publicity either. It's kinda defeats the purpose for Dixie to tell the wrestlers to step it up, when she does crap like this.

Maybe I'm ranting but what do you think? Do you think any reality star should be given a chance to be a wrestler? or do you think they have any business being in the ring to begin with? Will it help or hurt TNA?

i did watch this year of big brother and saw jessie on there i think he is just another body builder who wants to make a lot of money and get some chicks. I really do think if anybody truly wants to be a wrestler they would do whatever it took to get a tryout match and if he is good in the ring, then give him a shot, but if he isn't then he should just stay on reality shows and don't step near a ring

I would prefer if the management splashes cash on guys like Mistico, Matt Sydal and other ROH guys rather than these Hollywood wannabes. TNA is in dire need for challengers for Amazing red. The X division is Fucking non existant when that should be the highlight.

A few weeks ago I purchased the Lockdown DVD, and saw the match between Eric Young and Danny Bonaduce. It was sooooo horrible. Not because of Young, but Bonaduce. He looked like a complete fool out there. Luckily, Dixie was smart enough not to have this match be broadcasted on the ppv.

To answer the question, TNA needs to stop with this realtiy star bonanza. It's going to end up making TNA look like joke. It's okay to have comedy every now and then, but when have guys you're trying to build up, and then you put them in storylines or matches that make them out to be a joke, then you're going to end up hurting your product.

I completely agree, why TNA thinks having reality stars on their show will do them any good is beyond me. Personally, it would just make me want to turn the channel as I can't stand 'reality' shows at all, thus having no knowledge of who's in the ring. :banghead:

I'm not sure why she (or anyone) would think they'd work. The Miz was a one time deal, and it still took him quite a while to go from reality TV to the ring, and be successful.

If this guy gets a deal, I'd expect it to be something short term, maybe a run-in and then a follow up match, and hopefully not a long term push that results in anything near the air time Jenna received.

Do you think any reality star should be given a chance to be a wrestler? or do you think they have any business being in the ring to begin with? Will it help or hurt TNA?

I think that everyone deserves a chance.... BUT.... only if they actually WANT to wrestle. Reality stars have no business being in a wrestling ring doing any actual wrestling unless they truly desired to give it a try. If a star comes in and wrestles an awful excuse for a match just to promote a product or show of theirs, then it is a waste of time because there are actual wrestlers who could have gotten time in the ring and a commercial for the product/show could just as easily have aired during a commercial break. I'm very against letting the reality stars wrestle unless they really do want to.

I think reality stars should be given the chance to wrestle, but only if they have an interest in it, proper training, and aren't in it just for the money. I know this is the TNA section, but I'll mention a WWE guy here. Mike " The Miz " Mizanin is truly a reality star, anyone who has seen MTV's the Real World, will definitely know who he is, he was a major part of those shows for years after he first appeared. Now the entire time he was on these shows, he always talked about his passion for wrestling and he even went as far as to go on the WWE's reality show to get a shot.

Dixie needs to realize that bringing in random one off stars or C list celebrities aren't going to garner any attention to TNA. In a way this is just her trying to be like the WWE and bring in "famous " people in hopes for a ratings increase. And she really needs to stop doing this, as it's getting TNA nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back