TNA Gets Major Publicity From Latest Signing

Dizzy

Championship Contender
The media has gotten the attention of the newest TNA wrestler, Jesse Godderz. A former reality star on the CBS show "Big Brother"

He's been covered on TMZ, MTV, Entertainment Tonight and now ESPN.

New TNA Wrestler Jessie Godderz posted a link to an ESPN article on his twitter page covering him signing with TNA:

Mama won't be happy.

But Jessie Godderz -- Mr. Pec-Tacular from CBS' "Big Brother" -- is heading to TNA Wrestling this fall as an arrogant musclehead.

Godderz, who starred as the loudmouth bodybuilder on Seasons 10 and 11 of the CBS show, recently signed a developmental deal with the hopes of debuting before the end of the year.

"My mom hates that I'm likely going in as a bad guy, but I told her that I might be good later!" said Godderz, who is 5-foot-9 and 200 pounds. "Now, my girlfriend… she has been with guys with huge egos, and she's a huge fan of me as a wrestler."

Godderz, 25, parlayed his fame on "Big Brother" into magazine covers and fitness events talking about natural body building. And now he's becoming a wrestler.

"This is a lifelong dream of mine and it's coming true," Godderz said. "Impact Wrestling is giving me a chance. That's all I ask. They want me to take the ball and run with it."

Godderz has the swagger but really is a small-town boy, having grown up in Rudd, Iowa. His high school graduating class was 54 students, and both his parents combined to bring home less than $50,000.

Godderz got into weightlifting at Northern Iowa Area Community College and decided to head west to make it big in California. He appeared on several shows before finding the right fit on "Big Brother."

"On TV, it's all schtick. Everything is played up. I'm not that outlandish," said Godderz, who got his nickname from a roommate. "I'm from Iowa with homespun moral standards. I did what I had to do to be a star on TV."

And now he is hoping to be a star in the ring.

"I would love to do this for several years and keep going as long as my body lets me," he said. "I don't want to lose focus. The sky is the limit."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1upLeTrON8&feature=player_embedded

His mic skills aren't bad. He seemed nervous and quite honestly, nobody does a 3 minute promo on themselves.

The interesting thing is his body resembles and looks like Cena but he moves around like a cruiserweight. He's got some good potential. He already has a cult following as well.

The media has gotten the attention of the newest TNA wrestler, Jesse Godderz. A former reality star on the CBS show "Big Brother"

He's been covered on TMZ, MTV, Entertainment Tonight and now ESPN.

His mic skills aren't bad. He seemed nervous and quite honestly, nobody does a 3 minute promo on themselves.

The interesting thing is his body resembles and looks like Cena but he moves around like a cruiserweight. He's got some good potential. He already has a cult following as well.

wELL GOOD FOR him if he can make it, wich i don't know. 5.9 200lbs, seems to be like a Chris Benoit type ( without the mental issues) so it might be interesting to see him in the ring ( if he makes it). Mic skills can improve over time, even Hogan and Flair didn't do good promos over night so i will give him some slack when i see him talk on TV.

Time to add another match to everyone's fantasy WWE vs TNA card!
Battle of the Reality TV stars! I Love New York's David Otunga vs Big Brother's Jesse Godderz! Let the HOLY SHIT chants begin..

Seriously though. I've been waiting for this for quite some time. Being an avid BB viewer since it's debut season, I remember him sitting in the kitchen talking about being a WWE Superstar. When I heard TNA signed him a while back, my first thought was "Yeah I figured as much." Despite him killing any chance of making it big in WWE by associating himself with TNA... I think he actually will find great success. TNA loves pushing anyone with outside wrestling connections. Even someone like Robbie E got championship gold pretty quick, just because his GIMMICK resembled something popular in society. I really think Eric Young's current gimmick of running around challenging TV stars, and trying to be on TV.. is going to result in Jesse debuting, pounding him, and becoming the Television Champion on his debut night. How they build him and establish his character from then on out could go either way. But it will be interesting to watch.

Time to add another match to everyone's fantasy WWE vs TNA card!
Battle of the Reality TV stars! I Love New York's David Otunga vs Big Brother's Jesse Godderz! Let the HOLY SHIT chants begin..
It's even bigger you forgot The Miz handicap match.

Honestly though I really don't see much from him. Being built like Cena doesn't get you anywhere having skills do. I don't know how much publicity he will get as well I've never heard of Jessie Godderz and for that matter I nevear heard of Mike Mizanin either.

I enjoyed watching him on BB and I think he can make a good cocky heel. My only fear is since his ring gear is kinda like the Miz's that people will try to go on about how TNA is just making a Miz clone. For anyone who hasn't seen him in action he has some matches on youtube.

Hollywood Love Guns VS Ugene, Bushwacker Luke & Rupert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReWYc9vPQNQ&feature=related PART 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er7gV8bPhPk&feature=related PART 2

Hollywood Love Guns VS Kip & Bob Holly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFzAm0DsGI&feature=related PART 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFzIFpZ6QE8&feature=related PART 2

ill be honest i cant see him being that good in the ring but ill give him a chance...god i couldnt stand this guy on big brother but honestly he wont have to try that hard to be a heel hes pretty annoying just being himself! :lmao: but someone else said they think hes gonna end up winning the tv title in his debut from EY....thats actullay pretty easy to picture with EY doing his current gimmick then he says hes conqured hollywood (on impact in the ring of course) then jesse slides into the ring from behind and kicks his ass before winning the title...i can already see it happening not sure if this is good or bad well i guess we will see :icon_neutral:

Yeah...i just watched him on youtube...he doesn't move like a cruiserweight at all. I see headlocks,chops, clothslines etc...and he IS NOT built like Cena...he was literally the smallest guy in the ring. If TNA spends time pushing this guy (and we know they will) they will waste alot of air time and money. We will probably see him walking around in lame suit with a (worthless TNA bottom card) title on his shoulder cutting horrible cocky guy promos. How can i not call him a Miz wanna be when that is clearly all he is...

I was all willing and ready to buy this guy as a big dominating muscle head. Watched his you tube matches and by fuck is he small. I don't think he's going to be able to wrestle the way he may want to wrestle, I mean I know smaller guys, most noticeably people like Kendrick or Red (as were) could get over doing the small guy shtick, but he certainly can't wrestle that way. But at the same time he can't wrestle like Goldberg because he's so limited by his height it won't be believable.

Strangely enough I can see him as an ironic comedy character, a little sted head who overvalues himself and doesn't see what everybody else is laughing about when they face him. Comedy jobber 4 Lyf eh? Other than that, if they actually intend to push him as a legit. star, they are going to have to have him wrestle the Miz/Christian cowardly heel style. You can have all the muscles in the world when you're 5"9, you could be built like Rob Terry, but you're still going to look like you're 5"9 predominantly.

Also, goes without saying that mic skills need brushing up on. It's not the content, it may have been a scripted promo (at least it appeared to be) but I didn't find fault with what he was saying, plays arrogant well. It's something often underrated for a performer, the voice. He sounds tame on the mic. Hopefully he'll pick this up before debuting in the impact zone.

Wow, when the Miz debuted TNA marks made fun of the WWE and the Miz, now TNA signs a worse reality star and the marks pretend it's a great thing. Typical...

Wow, when the Miz debuted TNA marks made fun of the WWE and the Miz, now TNA signs a worse reality star and the marks pretend it's a great thing. Typical...

In what way is he a "worse reality star"??

Godderz had a huge cult following, and is the biggest star ever produced by Big Brother, which is a highly-rated show(especially when Godderz was on it) on a national over-the-air network.

Miz was just some kid from a cable reality show that is designed to appeal to only the mid-teens to late-20s crowd; on a network that caters exclusively to that age range as well.

Jesse Godderz is a much bigger star than Miz was prior to breaking into wrestling.

Hell, Godderz is a more recognizable name from a mainstream perspective than probably eighty percent of every wrestler in TNA or WWE right now(and that may be a very conservative estimate).

Do I think that he will have Miz's success? Doubtful. But if he does, this is one of the best signings TNA could make.

You really can't criticize TNA for making this move. The guy is already a star, brings in a built-in fanbase, seems committed to making the most of the opportunity, and has a pretty good look and some raw natural talent. This is a low risk signing that will create alot of buzz. There is alot of potential for this to be a big payoff move. Bringing in Godderz is a smart risk to take across the board.

And from the matches of his I've seen, though he still clearly needs to improve, I can say this with confidence... he's already better in the ring than David Otunga.

If TNA spends time pushing this guy (and we know they will) they will waste alot of air time and money. We will probably see him walking around in lame suit with a (worthless TNA bottom card) title on his shoulder cutting horrible cocky guy promos. How can i not call him a Miz wanna be when that is clearly all he is...

What? So because he was on a reality show (and coincediently Miz was also on a reality show) that makes him a Miz wannabe? That's like having a wrestler debut who is from Battlecreek Michigan and calling him a Rob Van Dam wannabe. It just doesn't wash. And I can't believe I used a huge star like Rob Van Dam as an example. Miz is a nobody, so in reality, no one is a Miz wannabe (as he's not famous/big enough for a wrestler to want to be him).

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing this guy debut and if he can bring some mainstream attention along the way, then all the better for TNA. I've never seen the American Big Brother as was never a fan of the original series over here. So I don't really know much about him, apart from a few episodes of some Canadian promotion I remember seeing him on a year or so ago. And he's the only guy (along with Bushwacker Luke) that I actually remember from that promotion, so that says something about him. He made an impression.

If he's one of these idiots that loves himself and is really self assured, he could get himself some decent heat in the wrestling World. I liked the idea mentioned about having him debut and kick Eric Young's arse. Could work well IMO.

Miz is a nobody, so in reality, no one is a Miz wannabe (as he's not famous/big enough for a wrestler to want to be him)

Miz is a nobody. You mean the guy who had an over six month reign as the world champion of the biggest promotion in the world is a nobody. The guy who pinned John Cena in the Main Event of Wrestlemania 27 is a nobody. The number 1 rated wrestler in the world by PWI Magazine is a nobody.

By god then who is a somebody it sure as hell isn't the guy in your avatar AJ Styles, Nobody in TNA's roster is a somebody then except Angle, Sting, Hulk, and Flair by your thinking.

Anyways thier is no harm made what so ever by being compared to The Miz. Do I believe Jesse has what it takes to be a big star. NO, did I believe that The Miz had what it took to be a big star. No, So let's see if Jesse can do what The Miz did and be sucessful in the world of Pro Wrestling.

Godderz had a huge cult following, and is the biggest star ever produced by Big Brother, which is a highly-rated show(especially when Godderz was on it) on a national over-the-air network.

Miz was just some kid from a cable reality show that is designed to appeal to only the mid-teens to late-20s crowd; on a network that caters exclusively to that age range as well.

Jesse Godderz is a much bigger star than Miz was prior to breaking into wrestling.

Hell, Godderz is a more recognizable name from a mainstream perspective than probably eighty percent of every wrestler in TNA or WWE right now(and that may be a very conservative estimate).

Do I think that he will have Miz's success? Doubtful. But if he does, this is one of the best signings TNA could make.

You really can't criticize TNA for making this move. The guy is already a star, brings in a built-in fanbase, seems committed to making the most of the opportunity, and has a pretty good look and some raw natural talent. This is a low risk signing that will create alot of buzz. There is alot of potential for this to be a big payoff move. Bringing in Godderz is a smart risk to take across the board.

And from the matches of his I've seen, though he still clearly needs to improve, I can say this with confidence... he's already better in the ring than David Otunga.
This is a joke, right? Big Brother is the most obscure reality show out there that no one cares about. The Real world was bigger and better, MTV evolved it while Big Brother just gets worse and worse. If anything Big Brother needs the hype from TNA to stay on TV, which shows how sad the show really is.
This joker would be best suited to be Miz's new sidekick, but I doubt he could even pull that off. Maybe better suited to be Hornswaggles Big Brother.
Another total failure being overhyped by TNA...

What? So because he was on a reality show (and coincediently Miz was also on a reality show) that makes him a Miz wannabe?
I agree for that cream puff to be a Miz wannabe, he would have to actually survive a season of Tough Enough and he obviously doesn't have enough talent for that....

1. Big Brother is one of the highest rated shows on the CBS block. CBS is BIGGER than MTV. I love the Real World, never watched Big Brother but It's a fact.

2. Really...Really? He's a Miz wannabe because he came off a reality show? I'm sorry but since when did Miz invent that? David Otunga isn't criticized right?

Randy Orton, John Cena, Big Show, Stone Cold do movies. THEY ARE A ROCK WANNA BE!

3. You are talking about him having no talent when he hasn't even fucking wrestled yet.

4. Can we put this under trolling? Because It sounds like it. Shut up and stop being defensive.

Big Brother is in its 13th season and, week in and week out, is 3 of the top 10 shows in the ratings. Not exactly an obscure show that no one cares about.

That's why I hate these Forums sometimes. People just can't discuss a topic without getting all whiny and making sure everyone knows and accepts their opinion.

No one is ripping off anybody! The original person to say that in this thread.. if they actually meant it.. is an idiot.

Yeah Big Brother is kind of big deal, with spin offs in over 40 countries. If you don't watch Big Brother, that's fine. But don't try to poo-poo it's popularity and the fan base it's gotten Jesse over the years just because you didn't know about him when everyone else did.

How everyone here is able to predict people's career's is beyond me. You haven't seen him do a damn thing except some youtube matches. It takes two to tango. Ever think that his opponent was crap? In TNA he'll be exposed to some the best talent in the WORLD where he can learn and experience quite a bit. There's guys like AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Austin Aries, and many more who could make this guy look like a million bucks.

The success or lack of success that he achieves is ultimately on his shoulders. The better he does, the more TNA will give him. So instead of trying to fit him into a certain mold cuz he's a reality star, or jacked to the max, try to be a wrestling fan. Sit back and just watch.

This guys "cult following" won't do TNA any good. They will be in the same spot they were before they got him. He will not improve anything. Please, if Hulk Hogan couldn't get them enough exposure to keep atleast 3 million watching per week, what makes you think some guy from Big Brother is?

The bulk of the Big Brother audience is women over 30, so what makes you think that they would want to watch wrestling on Thursday nights and buy 40 dollar PPV's every month?

TNA is a nostalgia killer, just ask Hogan and Flair.

There's no getting around the fact that this dude is going to be compared to The Miz. That said, if he's anything like Mike Mizanin, TNA just made it's best signing in years.

When the WWE signed Mizanin back in 2004, they didn't realize what they were getting. They didn't know then that they were getting an incredibly hard worker hellbent on shedding the label of "Reality TV Star" to become a WWE Superstar. This was a kid with a lifelong dream that outworked basically everyone to get to the highest possible level in the company. Seven years later, Mizanin is one of the go-to figures for WWE when it comes to appearances and marketing and he one of the top stars on Monday Night Raw. This is a guy who used the fuel of "you were on Real World, you'll never make it" and drove himself to the main event of Wrestlemania.

Now, years later, TNA has found their Mizanin......or so they hope. I hope for their sake that they have. Now, don't expect him to become a star and champion overnight, but he should have some mic skills to start with given his background and that should help him quite a bit in the early going. Then, if he has even half the drive of Miz, you'll see ring work that improves ten fold and you might just have a real star on your hands. His height might be a little to overcome but hey, he's about the size of Chris Jericho so why can't he use a large personality like the Fozzy lead singer?

I'm actually excited at the potential of this signing. If this kid is truly motivated, we may look back at this and think "wow, what a steal". Time will tell, but I really do think this is the best signing by TNA in a long time. Just don't debut him as a face only to have him turn heel on the first show to join Immortal and be forgotten.............

This guys "cult following" won't do TNA any good.
Really? Because I've seen a ton of twitter and youtube comments saying "congratulations Jesse I cant wait to see you kick ass in the ring!"mostly by females.

I'm glad you can see into the future.

They will be in the same spot they were before they got him. He will not improve anything.
....He was not signed to improve anything. He's a prospect. Fresh young talent.

Please, if Hulk Hogan couldn't get them enough exposure to keep atleast 3 million watching per week, what makes you think some guy from Big Brother is?
TNA draws about 2 million per week. His debut SEGMENT drew 3 million viewers. A segment is when people tune in to see the action person and not the show.

Nobody gives a shit about his exposure.

The bulk of the Big Brother audience is women over 30, so what makes you think that they would want to watch wrestling on Thursday nights and buy 40 dollar PPV's every month?
You can't be serious...If It makes a new fan here and there. What's the fucking problem?

They never signed him to draw in women. They signed him because he has charisma, wants to wrestle, has tons of years ahead of him and has potential to be really great.

TNA is a nostalgia killer, just ask Hogan and Flair.

willross is a buzz killer. Just ask anyone who reads his post.

First, Jesse isn't even close to the biggest star ever to come from Big Brother. That can be shown as he and his partner got 1% of the votes to come back this season. I admit, it will get some viewer carry over from BB to TNA, but the bad thing is that TNA is on at/around the same time as BB's eviction show is on.

He will make a really good heel because his personality dictates that he is an ass. With that being said, I hope that he does get over with the fans and has a good career. It's been his dream for a long time, so lets all stop hating on him and see how he does.

unfortunately, TNA does too much listening to guys like Dizzy which is why they are such a shit hole. I can prove they are with facts like their ratings, amount of shows, audience sizes, etc.

TNA is gonna pay this guy 5 - 6 figures worth of money in the hope he will draw a couple people, which doesn't justify his price.

TNA's problem has always been caring about the small people which is why they are not doing very well. Do they release their quarterly revenue or their PPV buys? Hmmmm I wonder why, they brag about everything else they do, shows what they can do and what they can't.

Get off your TNA highhorse, you are the problem with wrestling, people like you. Over boosting everything TNA does and shit on everything WWE does, which makes Dixie wet thinking that the people on the Internet make her money. Remember, the internet is the same place where you can watch PPV's for free, which I can guarantee over 95% of TNA's audience does every month.

I had no problem with TNA using Fairplay, but when they used a bunch of the "Survivor" females that couldn't wrestle their way out of the proverbial paper bag, you lost me.

I watch "Brother", & saw him say a lot he wanted to be a wrestler. Looking at his body, I thought of Jagger: "You can't always get what you want."

But TNA will get what they need: Another reality star to show them not every one of them should be in the business.

I've watched Big Brother since the start of it all. I can say w/o a doubt: there's no other person that's been on this show, that i've hated more then this toolbox! That being said- this could be the perfect profession for him. So- I wish him luck.

But to say this guy has star power is a joke!. As Perryman pointed out: Big Bro had a "vote for your favorites" type of thing to begin this newest season...and Jessie and his partner got like 1% of the total votes on cbs.com. Nobody can stand this guy. So- like I said: it could end up working out to his advantage as a heel character.

Also- IF TNA is thinking they are gonna get Big Brother watchers to tune in, it is another mistake on thier part. As Perryman again mentioned: Big Bro's live eviction show's start at 9pm on Thursday nights. Now- obviously: the show only goes thru the summer. So after that- all bets are off. But i'm telling you: most fans of Big Brother the show- will not be tuning into to see this guy.

I don't even have to watch any of his matches or promos to know he would be lucky to be considered a poor-mans Petey Williams. If Petey couldn't cut it in TNA, with actual wrestling skills and the Canadian Destroyer- Jessie has a Very minimal chance to have any major success(consistant TV time over multiple years) in this business. If TNA wants someone with a character from Big Brother- they sould get themselves some Evil Dick to play a managerial role in the company

I hope Jessie proves me wrong.

unfortunately, TNA does too much listening to guys like Dizzy which is why they are such a shit hole. I can prove they are with facts like their ratings, amount of shows, audience sizes, etc.

TNA is gonna pay this guy 5 - 6 figures worth of money in the hope he will draw a couple people, which doesn't justify his price.

TNA's problem has always been caring about the small people which is why they are not doing very well. Do they release their quarterly revenue or their PPV buys? Hmmmm I wonder why, they brag about everything else they do, shows what they can do and what they can't.

Get off your TNA highhorse, you are the problem with wrestling, people like you. Over boosting everything TNA does and shit on everything WWE does, which makes Dixie wet thinking that the people on the Internet make her money. Remember, the internet is the same place where you can watch PPV's for free, which I can guarantee over 95% of TNA's audience does every month.

now this guy is intelligent!!!! :worship: I've tried to be nice and understanding about TNA but, its because of the TNA masterbators....sorry master Debators..that it just pisses me off, ppl get off your highhorse, Eric Bischoff HIMSELF has said TNA will never EVER compete with WWE he specifically said that Hell would freeze over before Impact rasslin' becomes any kind of a competition or threat. TNA sux BIG TIME! I enjoy some of the talent, but more I see TNA, more I see how terribly misused a lot of that talent is. I know WWE has dropped the ball on many too, quite frankly i'm upset chavo guerrero was diminished to a jobber, but thats another story for another time. This guy from Big Brother isn't gonna do a damn for TNA. They're gonna remain in the 1.0 to 1.2 range for a long ass time, if the babe ruth of pro wrestling didn't change a damn, what makes you think this moron will do anything???? Get a life ppl TNA is a sinking ship! I feel sorry for guys like Samoa Joe and AJ Styles...putting up with a craphole like TNA. to finish, I'd like to PROUDLY say I am part of the 95%ers that watch TNA ppv's for FREE online!! :D Willross you are awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back