• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

David Otunga Finally Doing Something Relevant?

Im thinking Otunga might go the same way D'Lo did when the nation of domination first came to our screens, where he was always advising the LEGAL way of doing things.

Also I think hes gonna keep getting Christian even more multiple title shots.

But I think hes gotta definitley drop the A list gig, yeah David we know your married to Jennifer Hudson, whoever the hell she is.

I think it's a boost for Otunga beasue he was close to being buried and written off TV. The who "A lister" thing doesn't equate to the ring and the fans of the WWE. He needs to improve on his mic skills and ring work. This seems to be a great way for him to do that. I just want to see what will come of all of this and where does he go from here.

I think we could see 3 factions emerging in the whole conspiracy angle. You'd have Triple H, Cena, Punk, Rock by survivor series time, and maybe 1 more like Riley or as the faces, and 2 heel factions. One heel faction trying to take Triple H out via legal means so you get a bunch of whiny heels in Ziggler Christian, Otunga, and Rhodes, but then a second heel faction exists with Kevin Nash, Miz, R Truth, and possibly another main event heel like Del Rio or maybe a heel-turned Daniel Bryan as heels trying to take over through violence and brute force. Then you can have feuds crossing between and the opportunity to create a lot of individual feuds as well between main event and midcard talent.

I love it. Otunga has so many hateable qualities. Steroid suspicion (seriously, Cena is big but Otunga's pecs are ridiculous, I don't think Otunga is a roider, but a lot of people do), star fucker, lawyer, smug harvard grad.

How could you NOT package him as a hateable guy? I hope he's away from McGuillicutty. Joe needs to go back to OVW and work on some stuff. So does Otunga from an in-ring standpoint, but Otuna is interesting enough as a character to keep on TV.

Ever since his debut in NXT: Season 1, I thought Otunga had something special about him, and figured that he would be in the final two along side Daniel Bryan. I always thought that it was other people around him (like McGuillicutty) that held him down

He has a solid look, he's a graduate of Harvard Law school & dating a celebrity. There are so many natural gimmicks that he could run with it's ridiculous.

I'm glad that Otunga has a gimmick that he should feel comfortable with and is finally getting this solo shot to either sink or swim and prove that he is a value member of the roster.

Having an on air talent that has legitimately background with Harvard Law, adds a deeper dimension to the current HHH vs the roster, which makes it that more interesting to me as a viewer.

I think that this is a great character for young Otunga to portray and it is something that I would like to see him do well beyond this storyline, maybe even for the rest of his career. I could be wrong but I do not think that Otunga can ever be a huge breakout singles star. He is very bad in the ring and average on the microphone. I feel that people sometimes overrate his mic skills a bit because of how much better it is as compared to his ring skills. A lot of people are still better than him though.

But with this gimmick, he can be a bits and pieces player in many a major angle which I believe is the best he can do. He can also be one of those guys who follow two careers like say a Big Bossman. He could play the guy who is always instigating people backstage to file a lawsuit against their opponents in order to advance his career in that field. He would become more of a mouthpiece than a wrestler that way but I think that is the only way he can have a good WWE career.

Like I said earlier, I see nothing much in Otunga but this way, I believe that he can become a character that attains some cult following in this era like a Val Venis or Matt Hardy( Matttude version) from the earlier eras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back