Daniel Bryan is Overrated

Spear

Occasional Pre-Show
Daniel Bryan is very, very overrated. Here are the reasons why.

1. His Matches Aren't That Good- Bryan's matches are getting to the point of being boring. He has the same 5 Moves of Doom that Cena does, except it looks more complicated. He's a spot monkey at best.

2. He Is God Awful on the Mic- Bryan just comes out and screams, shouts Yes, and that's every one of his promos. I skip them.

3. He's too Small- I can't take somebody I'm bigger and taller than being a World Champion. Bryan should be in the mid card picture at best just based on his size. If you then take into consideration his lack of talent, he should be a jobber.

My point is, Daniel Bryan is just some Indie spot monkey that the WWE has gotten too high on. In my opinion, he should be jobbing to Yoshi Tatsu on NXT.

Daniel Bryan is very, very overrated. Here are the reasons why.

1. His Matches Aren't That Good- Bryan's matches are getting to the point of being boring. He has the same 5 Moves of Doom that Cena does, except it looks more complicated. He's a spot monkey at best.

Do you even know what a spot monkey is? Jeff Hardy, Mick Foley, and Sabu are spot monkeys. Daniel Bryan has a high risk move set that's very unique to this business and more than makes up for his lack of size. Bryan is no spot monkey.

2. He Is God Awful on the Mic- Bryan just comes out and screams, shouts Yes, and that's every one of his promos. I skip them.

You know who else screams 'Yes'? The FANS! All of them. In unison. Sounds like he's doing something right. Also, he's great on the stick, but he doesn't have to be Shakespeare. He just has to get the crowd into what he's doing.

3. He's too Small- I can't take somebody I'm bigger and taller than being a World Champion. Bryan should be in the mid card picture at best just based on his size. If you then take into consideration his lack of talent, he should be a jobber.

Wow. You think you could kick his ass? I mean it's not like he was trained to wrestle/fight by Judo Gene Lebell or anything. You're really just mad that someone who doesn't fit your mold as a main eventer is getting over. Cena fan are we?

My point is, Daniel Bryan is just some Indie spot monkey that the WWE has gotten too high on. In my opinion, he should be jobbing to Yoshi Tatsu on NXT.

You're the type of fan that wrestling can do without. You don't appreciate good wrestling and seem to be in favor of roided out wrestlers like Batista, Ryback, and other gassed out gorillas that can't talk their way out of thin air, but look like a bodybuilder.

Find a jar of the plague, poke a hole in it and suck the air out of the jar until you pass out.

I made an argument once that when AJ Styles wrestled, it was as if the Universe itself had found a tiny piece of harmony, because here was a man who had found the thing he was meant to do, and he did it. As if there was order for a brief moment in an infinite sea of chaos.

Daniel Bryan does not just order the local Universe. When Daniel Bryan wrestles, there is music in the cosmos. There is peace on Earth; crying babies cease to wail; young lovers share their first kisses; dogs and cats negotiate terms. To watch Daniel Bryan wrestle is to know that not only has a man found his purpose and fulfilled it, but he has transcended it - he has made the purpose itself nobler in the doing.

Daniel Bryan wrestling is Christmas and warm baked bread and puppies all at once.

----

That was the philosophical response. Now, the normal one:

1. Five moves of doom is a tragically inept criticism of any wrestler. Every good wrestler ever has callbacks and tried and true spots. Cena's moves are well documented. Orton has the powerslam, and the fancy neckbreaker, and the rope DDT. Flair had the corner thing (I don't know how to describe it properly. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you don't belong here, shoo). CM Punk has the corner knee/bulldog combo. Everyone who is any good at wrestling has a core suite of moves. Daniel Bryan has plenty of signatures in his own right, but as is true of any good wrestler ever, it's what happens between the signatures that define him. And between the signatures, Bryan has it all - the selling, the psychology, the crisp, hard hitting offense, and the ability to play the crowd like a fiddle. The same exact things that Cena, Orton, Flair, Punk, and all the other best fucking wrestlers ever did/do.

2. Motherfucker doesn't have to go out there and bust out a sonnet. He has to engage the crowd and sell the feud. Daniel Bryan sure as hell engages the crowd every time he picks up a mic, and he also sells the feud pretty well.

3. Daniel Bryan is listed at Wikipedia as 5'10", 210 pounds. Mike Tyson, once described as the baddest man on the planet, one of the most recognizable heavyweight champions of all time in "the real world", and all around stone cold motherfucker who in his day everyone believed could probably kill anyone in the ring with him, is listed on Wikipedia at 5'10" and fought at 220. You concede the argument graciously.

anybody who feels Daniel Bryan is over-rated, after the continual burials, setbacks and stop start pushes for him to now finally be on top of the WWE mountain, clearly is only voicing an opinion not based on any factual evidence. Sure Bryan is small, no smaller than Punk and he goes pretty well. Stand him along side Rey Mysterio or even HBK and see who small is. Bryan has the most over reaction in quite some time,. it is real, the fans believe in him and want to see him go the whole way and win the WWE Championship. It isnt his fault he has been saddled with the comedy gimmick routine, but it has gotten him over. Bryan can be serious and would thrive moreso if and when creative allows his character to go down that path. Daniel Bryan has been UNDER RATED for far too long, he is now getting what he thoroughly deserves

Yep, this is the dumbest thread ive seen in ages. You clearly have no clue about wrestling. Up until now, Bryan was the most under rated star in wwe and now he is finally getting the big break that he deserves. And a ''spot monkey''? Don't make me laugh, Daniel Bryan is one of, if not, the best wrestler in the world (Maybe only second to Kurt Angle), and thirdly, I see absolutely no problem with him shouting on the mic, he has great mic skills. Do you know who else shouts on the mic? Mick Foley, and he cuts incredible promos because he has passion in his speech, like Daniel Bryan.

This thread is stupid, and you are stupid, good day sir.

All of you are disrespecting me when I am the best damn poster on this site. You should be kissing my feet.

Daniel Bryan isn't even charismatic. His catchphrase is. He's only over with all of you IWC people.

This is clearly a troll however I will have to disagree with you without being as silly as some of these other posters. Every top wrestler in the WWE has 5 moves of doom as they are usually called by their names in WWE games signatures and finishers. Secondly he is actually quite good on the mic as we can tell by the fact that the fans often loudly agree with what he says uses his catch phrase. I am sure their are plenty of witty penis jokes to make however I will say that Rey Mysterio was WWE champ.

P.S. the height of 5 foot 10 on Wikipedia is his billed weight he actually is 5 foot 8.

Hmm. I keep wondering if someone could possibly really think that or if you just decided to mess with the Internet fans a little by making an outrageous/asinine/idiotic claim.
If the latter was your intention, well done, I'm sure plenty of posters are going to go nuts on you. :blush:
duty_calls.png

If, however, you really mean what you said, then I see no point in arguing with such blindness. I've heard people make better arguments as to why David Arquette's run as WCW champion was not a nail in WCW's coffin. But that's fine. In the words of Evelyn Beatrice Hall: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Only over with all us IWC people? Have you not heard the crowd at every RAW and SmackDown? Are you saying all the men, women and children of all different ages throughout every single arena that blow the roof off when he comes out are 'IWC people'? I think not.

I guess I have to be the only one agreeing with you. I do not like like Daniel Bryan at all I think hes just really annoying and I think all this cena-mcmahon-bryan-hhh storyline is plain stupid. Im not into it at all. I am actually more interested with the world heavyweight title picture with Christian and ADR. I do admit Bryan is one of the best wrestlers wwe has today, but being honest I have never liked him through his days in roh and nxt. Plus I think his "Respect the beard" thing is stupid as well. IMO I hope to see randy orton walk out WWE Champion at summerslam then either cena or bryan, and hopefully we dont see bryan in the main event of NOC, cuz I wanna see cena vs orton.

I will agree with you on one thing. Daniel Bryan's kicks when the opponent is kneeling down, suicide dives and such are getting a... little bit repetitive. Especially the kicks where he would use it several times in a match. He's a great wrestler and I have no doubt that he can do more, it would be good to see him mix it up a bit.

Daniel Bryan isn't funny. He thinks he is, though. I think that's the problem with his personality.

But, putting him in the same sentence with Cena wrestling-wise? Christ. I've seen better matches in Bryan's 1st year in the WWE than Cena in his 8th.

To be fair, I wouldn't mind see Bryan jobbing out to Yoshi Tatsu on NXT.

But I just really like Yoshi Tatsu.

As has been said before, Bryan does have 5 moves of death. The corner flip, the headbutt, the clothesline, all that good stuff.

Which is actually a good thing, because it builds a familiarity with your audience and allows them to cheer for the familiar and get excited when something doesn't go to plan or comes from out of nowhere.

But he doesn't use them in a boring linear way to finish a match every time.

Bret Hart did this a lot, Cena did, but Bryan intersperses his spots and familiar moves throughout the match more, which makes him far more exciting to watch.

you cant say he only has five moves as he has at least 10 signature moves. no lock, indian deathlock, heel hock, suicide dive, flying headbutt, missle dropkick, kick to the head, surf board, turnbuckle kick thing, dragon sleeper, snap suplex, and knee to the outside of the ring. and he does most of these in ever match.

other than that i wont feed the troll anymore.

All of you are disrespecting me when I am the best damn poster on this site. You should be kissing my feet.

Yeah....not really. It's hard to claim that you're "the best damn poster on this site" or any site for that matter when, like so many others, you completely misuse the term "overrated". When you overrate something, according to Webster's Dictionary, it means "to rate or value too highly; to overestimate." Just because YOU personally dislike Daniel Bryan doesn't mean that he's overrated. For the better part of a decade, Daniel Bryan has been viewed as one of the best in-ring pro wrestlers in the business by everyone from fans, pro wrestling journalists and other wrestlers not just in the United States, but internationally as well. As with any other pro wrestler, some people aren't going to be into Bryan as much as others and some fans just aren't going to be into him period. That doesn't make him overrated either but, rather, it makes him human as I've yet to see or hear of anyone in any field that's embraced by everyone. For instance, not everyone is a fan of The Beatles, I know I'm not, but I'd look extremely foolish trying to make a claim that they're overrated.

Daniel Bryan isn't even charismatic. His catchphrase is. He's only over with all of you IWC people.

Your argument would have, at least, a slight degree of weight if fans all over the world weren't into Bryan. Whether his charisma is being able to get a rise out of people by raising and eyebrow, flipping his boss the middle finger or holding his hand up to his ear to hear people screaming; I'm afraid it's there. Right now, all Daniel Bryan has to do is stand in the middle of the ring, grin and he has thousands of people chanting his name. The "Yes!" chant has been going on since WrestleMania of last year and not only has it died down, it's only grown. Over the past several months, Bryan has frequently gotten among the, if not the single, strongest babyface response of any wrestler on the WWE roster in city after city, broadcast after broadcast and house show after house show. If Bryan was only over with all us "IWC people", then his popularity simply wouldn't be at the level it is. He'd have faded out along with Zack Ryder. The IWC only makes up a small fraction of WWE's audience. Otherwise, with all the general pissing & moaning you hear internet fans flinging at WWE on a regular basis, WWE would have gone out of business years ago.

So, if you don't like Daniel Bryan, more power to you; but he's not overrated. If he was an overrated internet darling, his popularity would have long since faded out rather than consistently growing stronger over the course of the past 1.5 years or so.

He is only "Over" because of the stupid Yes, No, chants. Before it nobody cared about Daniel Bryan.

Yeah cause he and Ziggler didn't steal the show at Bragging Rights when he was US Champion [far before the Yes chants were over]. Because he didn't sweep the attention of many fans when he was released for the tie incident. Because the crowd didn't go crazy when he won the WHC Briefcase two years ago. Please, tell me what facts you are basing your statement off of because I've got video evidence that can shatter your claims.

Although this guys is obviously a TROLL who is here just to start an argument for NO REAL REASON.... I agree with him on a lot of points... I dont believe in the 5 moves of Doom for anybody... EVERY WRESTLER HAS SIGNATURE MOVES & yeah its usually in a certain order but it is on PURPOSE to connect with the crowd....

Now here is where U guys make me laugh... If it is one of your favorites you will make exceptions for EVERYTHING THEY DO... Even if its the same thing U rake other guys over the coals for... PLUS U HAVE NO LOYALTY.... Y'all jump ship faster than Dicaprio's girl....

Example # 1... A few months ago there was a discussion on this forum about RYBACK and was being good on the stick over rated... I actually said in RYBACK'S case YES... He is a monster.... Just let him be a BULLY... I got ripped to shreds... U NEED TO BE GREAT ON THE STICK.... HE NEEDS ACTING LESSONS... Blah blah blah... Now that its DB and someone is saying he is not that fluid on the mic well I mean NO WRESTLER HAS TO BE A POET LAUREATE (well except for Lanny Poffo but that's a different subject).... Its just amusing... I have said continuously that the MIZ was a BUM with the world's dumbest catch phrase... His was AWWWWEEEESSSSOOOOMMMEEE..... DB's is YES and yet U guys were like that is INCREDIBLE STICK WORK.... I was like how yet EVERYONE on here said over and over I just must not have any idea what will sell... MIZ is gonna be a headliner for years... I was like NO HE IS A BUM.... Now he is a hair away from being a TNA wrestler or a FULL TIME commentator... Oh and I still say A RY can out MIZ the MIZ any day so why is he good.... Having a one world catch phrase and screaning does not make someone good on the stick... That actually would be quite the opposite and if it was someone U DID NOT LIKE U WOULD SCREAM TO HIGH HEAVEN ABOUT HOW MUCH U HATE HOW HE JUST SCREAMS IN EVERY INTERVIEW.... LOL... FUNNY!!!

No loyalty... I have for ten years been on this site sayin if U gave Mark Henry a LEGITIMATE push at being a MONSTER he could be the BEST BIG MAN in the business. I got ripped to shreds... LOL... I heard he is too injury prone... He is boring and he moves to slow.... No skill set... He does the same moves... HIS STICK WORK SUCKS...I was obviously not educated enough to understand the true nuances of what would succeed in this business (which is strange because I have a BSBA in marketing but alas I stray) and I needed to push more for guys like ZACK RYDER (remember when U guys actually LIKE HIM.... YEAH NEITHER DO I....) DB and a bunch of NO NAME GUYS WHO Y'ALL SWEAR ARE THE FUTURE... LOL... Oh well I guess I was wrong... Oh wait MARK HENRY IS FINALLY GETTING A PUSH AND DELIVERED WHAT COULD BE THE PROMO OF THE YEAR and all those BUMS U said I shoud jump on R MIDCARDERS OR WORSE... I know but wait wait DB is in the MAIN EVENT OF SS TROLL.... Yep He sure is and the MIZ was main eventing BOTH WM AND THE SURVIVOR SERIES a while ago... How well did that work out... DB will be a upper midcarder in less than 2 years... BOOK IT!!!

He is too small... U MUST JUST LIKE STEROID USING JERKS WITHOUT SKILL SETS... Uh well not that U mention it YES.....

LOL... I actually do want my wrestlers to be larger than life and just because a guy has a powerful physique does not mean he is a bad wrestler... 2 of my all time favorite wrestlers are HBK and Randy Savage... Both were muscular but could perform....Sting in his prime also wasn't to flabby... I do think wrestlers are suppose to be larger than life... I have said it before and I mean it.. U see BROCK LESNER, RYBACK or Batista walking through the mall with the WWE belt on their shoulder PPL who dont even watch wrestling will stop and ogle... If U seen DB azzhole naked fuckin both BELLA TWINS in the MACY's parade with the WWE LOGO behind him NO ONE STILL WOULD KNOW WHO THIS GUY WAS.... OR EVEN CARE... So how can he BECOME THE FACE OF WRESTLING.... That is soooo stupid... ONLY WRESTLING FANS LIKE DB... He does not have any CROSSOVER APPEAL...

Funny thing is U GUYS KNOW IT....

An example... about 3 days ago a guy on these very forums asked what would be the best WM main event without PART TIMERS.. U guys voted PUNK VS CENA....

LOL LMAO LMMFAO....

Where was the IWC stance then... Why didnt U guys vote DB vs ANYONE... Why didnt U vote PUNK vs DB... As much as y'all dis him U RECOGNIZE THIS...

CENA SELLS.... DB DOESN'T!!!

LOL LMAO LMMFAO!!!

Feel the FREEZE!!!

Wow! Somebody wants to piss people off!

Everybody is aloud their own opinion but if you think Bryan's match "Aren't That Good" then I wonder what you think a good match is. Maybe you're not a fan of any match that doesn't have a hundred high risk spots? Maybe you're not a fan of any match that isn't No DQ? And you bring up the fact that Bryan uses the same few moves every match, but I think you're missing the fact that every top wrestler has a few moves they use in many of their matches. It helps the fans connect with the wrestler almost. And no, he's certainly not a spot monkey.

If you skip all of his promos, then how do you know they're all the same? Yes, he shouts "Yes!" but that's his character! And not only that, but you see the majority of the crowd chant "Yes!" with him! It works! He might not be Heyman on the mic but that doesn't mean he's not solid on the mic. But whatever he lacks on the mic he certainly makes up for in the ring.

"He's too small" is a piss poor argument. Eddie, HBK, Jericho etc all of these men are considered small for wrestlers, yet they are also considered some of the best wrestlers of all time. The small argument is proved wrong so many times, I'm surprised people still bring it up as a point. It's not. He's over, massively over. And he doesn't lack talent therefore he should not be a jobber.

You are not the best poster on this site!!!

Quick response, if you mean in the ring, then you are wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but nobody in the United States executes their moves as cleanly as Bryan, and few sell as well. You could possibly argue that Tanahashi is better, but he is without a doubt the best wrestler outside of Japan. As for character and story-line etc. i'm not that into it, but I've always cared more about in-ring product and quite frankly no-one else comes close.

I'm just gonna come right out and say it: If Spear isn't trolling, he's a HUGE dunce, and I see no reason why he should be "entitled" to this "opinion" when it's based on jack s**t, and he's trying his damn darndest to present it as a fact. On top of that, he's also claiming to be the "best poster" and demanding respect. Ain't that just adorable? *Sigh* No. That said, I'll humor the little jerk, because why the hell not?

I personally believe that DB's the best on the roster right now. (See? That's how you present something as an OPINION.) He wrestles unlike anyone else on the roster, and he's WAY over with the fans, nearly ALL of them, it seems. I'd have to say my favorite thing about the guy is his ability to go into a berserker rage (As seen at this past MITB) and show this aggression I hardly ever see in WWE anymore. Almost like he's focusing all of his kick-ass tie-strangling badassery into his arms and legs. The dude was moving around the ring like the Tasmanian Devil from loonytoons at that PPV. It really is a shame that I haven't seen quite that much energy in him since then, but I now he's capable.

The thing is, I have this gut feeling that despite all of his talent, he may end up going the way of Zack Ryder. Hot for a while, but as soon as his popularity gets him to the point the "Universe" wants him at, people lose interest, as if everyone collectively said "Good game everyone! Lets pack it in." and left him behind. I hope that doesn't happen to Daniel Bryan, but you never know.

Tl;Dr: I respect the beard, hope it doesn't fall out, and I dislike OP.

LOL, this guy's just looking for a dick punch isn't he?

Saying Bryan is overrated is like saying CM Punk isn't good on the microphone, it just isn't true. Bryan's on the top of the world right now. He's having consistently good WWE TV Matches and PPV Matches with nearly everyone he's been put into the ring with. He's solid on the microphone, and his "YES!" Gimmick is over with everybody and not just the children.

Trolls, man.

I am not the biggest Daniel Bryan fan but since July, Daniel Bryan has really grown on me. I think he is over and he is a pretty good wrestler, sure his mic skills are far from great but then he is still better than allot of the roster. Hell, I could name 5 names who Bryan can talk better than:
1: The Miz (god awful catchphrase that no one ever go into)
2: Sheamus, fella? Really?
3:Wade Barrett
4: Dolph Ziggler's mic skills are non existent
5: Alberto Del Rio

You sir, are an idiot.

If you think being bigger means that he shouldn't be taken seriously, shit, i don't even know what to say. Demetrious Johnson and Jose Aldo could fuck you up to a ridiculous degree, guess we shouldn't take them seriously for being below 5'8'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back