Could Raw Become The Home Of BOTH World Titles?

it could happen, but it wouldnt make much sense. i can see del rio winning the WHC, but somehow one of the titles going back to smackdown. in there respective promos, both randy orton and mark henry, who moved to smackdown, have said they will be in world title contention. while this doesnt mean much, i doubt vince would hype up the main event scene like this if there is no world title. i do see a unification of the us/ic titles, as i would love to see a sheamus/barrett feud, and then once unified introduce swagger, would make a really good 3 way feud for the unified belt.

1)i hope not i wanna see christain as the champ.
2)i hope it wont be ham fisted, im hoping that christain beats del rio and stays on smackdown.
3)NOOOOO!!! NO NO NO NO NO! dont unify them, do that and SD might as well be ended. need a big title on each show and if you dont remember one half of the tag team champs (big show) got moved to RAW.

Oh my god is this serious? First off both world titles won't stay on the same show because this one reason but there's many more.IT WOULD DIMINISH the value of BOTH world titles. WORLD champ means they are that company and or leagues champion. Does the nfl have two SB winners? Umm no. Second the god damn WHC has too much freakin wrestling history they will NOT just throw that title away bc of unification. Get over it, brand extension is going nowhere.

The draft means nothing. The brand split means nothing. Superstars from both shows regularly switch back-and-forth throughout the year without any explanation given. The same thing can happen a week or two after the PPV.

This is simply an attempt to sell some PPV buys to long-term fans who might be excited by the idea of Christian winning the title and who are gullible enough to believe that Del Rio going to Raw somehow translates into Christian's win being a lock. It's really quite pathetic.

raw wont hold both titles. if they did i would be legit shocked. ive begged for yrs to unify wwe/world, ic/us. thank god they finally unified the tag and womens, not that they mean more now, but it was ridiculous. but anyway they wont have both top titles on raw. even if they unified the ic/us, smackdown would without a shadow of a doubt be the B show if it wasnt evident already. "well, we got the 3rd best title over here." wont happen. either Christian wins at ER, theres a random title change at RAW, or theres some ******ed trade.

You say 1st step like it has not happened before. am I getting that old. It was just 10 years ago that Chris Jericho became the 1st ever Undisputed WWE Champion in History. Ten years Later....why not do it again. Can go on either show have good solid title runs. Make being champion mean something. So what Vince will lose money not have 2 world champs. Ever since Brock Lesnar refused to fight Triple H (the #1 contender) at Unforgiven 2002...and ran to Smackdown...thus making the title disputed again....The WWE has been in a Fantasy world. there are not 2 champions in the NBA or the NFL...and we know how Vince Loves to be like the NFL (having drafts)...why have 2 Champions in Wrestling... The 2 best ...and they can never Fight each other?!?! Pointless to have the most entertaining possible match never be possible to even occur.
Bring back the Undisputed WWE title...the Original one that HHH came out with the night after WM18. The current title is Lame and looks stupid. next Undisputed Champion....Alberto Del Rio -_-

It would definitely help bring a tad bit of prestige back to the midcard belts. However, I don't see it happening. I see Christian winning at Extreme Rules due to Del Rio being on RAW now. Highly unlikely

My advantage to win goes to christian for these reasons:
1) One brand cant have both world titles, it would bring smackdown to the C show.

2)This match is kind of like a tribute to edge from christian.

3)Christian has more experience with ladders and more experience overall than del rio a a matter of fact.

4)I just want Christian to win.

I wouldnt be entirely shocked, especially since both mid card titles as of this very moment live at Smackdown.

Would be it really fucking stupid? Well yea, of course it would, totally pointless. Suprising? I say no. Silly shit has happened before. It very well could happen.

Title Unification at SummerSlam, anyone?

If this did happen, it wouldn't happen for even a little bit of time at all. There's no reason to have both titles on one show, leaving the other show with no championship main event scene.

Two championships on one show would certainly dilute one another.

WWE has been in similar situations in the past. A swerve with Edge at the 2009 Elimination Chamber fixed it that year. CM Punk's Money in the Bank cash-in during summer 2008 fixed it the year before. A swerve might be needed in order to get the second world title onto the other show. I do not see both titles ending up on Raw, although I wouldn't put it past WWE to set it up that way just to swerve us again. Del Rio will probably lose and Miz will probably retain. If the titles did both end up on Raw, which they won't, then they would need to come up with a creative way to get Smackdown a title and the Money in the Bank PPV isn't until July. I don't see a unification happening anytime soon, the midcard belts would be unified before the world titles are and currently both of those are on Smackdown. After Extreme Rules, Raw will have a world title and so will Smackdown, because there's no way to creatively get Smackdown a belt without it turning into a cluster mess if both end up on Raw at the moment.

I think they put both mid card belts on smack down for the time being just to try and push ratings for the time being, with edge the biggest smackdown star (I could be wrong on this but it's just how I feel about it) going into retirement I just see it as a reason to get more viewers on to smack down. Since big show and kane can currently be on both shows, what if big show challenges barrett for the IC title and wins, and when kane and show drop the tag titles he returns to raw with the IC title and sheamus stays with the US title? How does that sound.

Unless they were merging titles or trying to revive the prestige of the lower titles, I don't see how this could work. Smackdown is much more wrestling-intensive, while Raw is promo-intensive. While a show like Smackdown would help the mid-card titles, I don't know how Raw could support two world titles with its current direction.

I don't think they should even try it. Y'all say it's been done in the past and could be done again, but no, I think Christian should win the WHC and so it remains on Raw. Also, if Del Rio wins, would that mean The Miz loses his title to either Cena or Morrison? I just can't see two heels holding both titles and with the midcard belts added, all four are in the hands of heels then.

Why would they have the draft then do this plus people like the Miz and Morrison may have never got over without two midcard titles so I say keep two belts on each show and occasionally switch the titles. Having the titles merged would result in smaller roster and same old shit and faces every week so I like the variety of choices with more superstars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back