Next Titles to Make a Brand Switch

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
I was thinking when we would see the next title title switch in the WWE. Every here and now we see the titles switch brands usually because of the WWE Draft. However there may be other ways for this to happen such as the General Managers switching the champions. So the questions I will be addressing in this thread our What titles will be switched? When we will see the next title switch? Who will be the champions to switch brands? Will you be happy to see the titles change brands?

What titles will be switched?

I have a strong feeling that the next titles to be switched will be the IC and U.S titles. I think this will happen because the WWE championship seems to belong to Raw and World Heavyweight Championship belongs to Smacdown. Although this may be because they are where the titles are now it may also be because Raw is the main show and WWE championship has been the main title. I think the midcard titles always have the ability to change and don't really have a set brand assigned to them.

When will we see it happen?

I believe we will see it happen at the next draft. I think Sheamus belongs on Smackdown and this will make the IC champion come over to Raw. Sheamus could do wonders for Smackdown and him being able to feud with people such as Edge, Undertaker, Del Rio. This would be a very good thing and it would make wrestling a lot more interesting. The titles changing hands could bring viewers to both shows. This could be a strong marketing move to get Smackdown more viewers that Vince clearly wants. Raw truly does not need Sheamus buit I think it could use a new title to kindle the title drive in the midcard.

Champions That Will Switch

I have a feeling that the champions switching will be United States Champion Sheamus and IC title will be held by none other than Mysterio. I think they are going to give hima title and ulitmately put him back on Raw, however if Sin Cara is on Smackdown then he will remain Smackdown and somebody else will have the titlle. But who knows.

Will you be happy?

I will be happy with this change. I think it is a great way of showing off different talent on different brands. I like change in the WWE as long as it makes sense and this makes plenty of sense to me. I think if it were the main titles then I would be mad because I think they are pretty stablished on their respective brands.

Everyone else's ideas?

Last time the titles changed brands was in 08', The WWE and World Heavyweight Championship changed brands, as did the Intercontinental and United states championships. Both the WWE Title and US titles were basically held by one guy for the entire year, granted the WWE title did change about a bit near the end of the PPV season.

However both the Tag Team Championships and the Divas/Womens championship are multibrand titles so I dont see any mid card titles switching brands.

But the draft is coming up so any thing can happen, I for one would want to see a draft with the impact of the 2008 draft, where the world titles switch brands but im not sure.

I would like to see Sheamus go to Smackdown, and have Kofi keep the IC title on Smackdown as well.

I don't think any big names from Smackdown should switch. This would also be a good time to unify the two belts, and Sheamus is a good person to have hold the new belt and bring prestige to it.

It seems that the US title with Sheamus is heading to to SD and the IC minus Kofi ( maybe with Swagger) is going to Raw. Also don't be surprise if The World Title and WWE Titles swap shows also, Miz WWE Champ to SD and the new World Champ Alberto Del Rio to Raw.

I totally agree with you on Sheamus. I wanted him on SD! last year. I know some of you know what I'm talking about, but you know how some people just look better on one brand than the other? Sheamus IS a Smackdown! star. He looks better on the blue show (was happy to see him there last week)

Sheamus should be on Smackdown! for the majority of his career in my eyes. He shows up better in a blue lit ring to me.

Anyway yes the midcard titles should change again, but really dont have to this year. I'd rather a two year wait until 2014 and there's one reason...

The WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship should change brands because Cena, Orton & HHH wont be drafted even though they should especially with Punk & Miz able to carr Raw with John Morrison, new face draft picks from SD!

but anyway we DO NOT need the title history to have Cena, Orton, HHH etc on the WWE title ANYMORE for atleast 2 years

Do you get what I'm saying? The titles change hands way too much between the same guys that the LEAST WWE can do is change the belt they are getting as to not exceed a certain amount of reigns on a single belt within a certain amount of time

thus I think it's about time Cena, Orton, HHH started winning the World title again and let Miz win at Mania and go to Smackdown! with the WWE title if need be

lastly: Sheamus vs Taker @ SummerSlam is a must. Taker's first SummerSlam match since Edge in HIAC I believe, but Sheamus vs The Undertaker would be a great August main event!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back