check these vids out. Seriously.

One Punch Doug Crashin

I AM INVINSIBLE!
[YOUTUBE]dihTdqOkBXk[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]aW3ZbCWjhiw[/YOUTUBE]

Believe it or not this guy is channeling John Winston Ono Lennon. You may think it's crazy but its not. Though it's probably too "new age" for this forum but still. Just watch these vids.

You know what I'd do if I was a spirit? Be channeled by someone who is from a foreign country who has spent their entire life trying to be me, despite being a woman trapped in a man's body. I'd then spout a lot of thought about the American political system, endorsing a party that shared none of my views and without any of the wit with which I characteristically used throughout my life. I'd also completely lose all of my talent. Imagine that.

Obvious closed mindedness is obvious.

You know what? Fuck it. Obviously this new age stuff is too crazy for this forum. I have never seen so much close mindedness in my life.

The burden of proof is most definitely on the transvestite that claims to be John Lennon, not me. Open mindedness means being available to change ones convictions when presented with a reasonable alternative, it does not mean believing somebody deluded.

Neither does he.

If you can't open yourself to the possibility that there ARE supernatural things, or what have you, then that's the very definition of closed mindedness.

Nobody has done that though have they? The world around us responds to natural laws, the burden of proof is on those who claim there is more than that. A man who channels John Lennon, but who does so whilst offering none of Lennon's characteristic charm and wit isn't offering much proof.

Seriously Doug? He fucking explains why you aren't being open minded.

Can I also point out that by rejecting what he says off hand, you're proving that you are close minded.

There's a difference between being close minded and not jumping all over something just because there might be the slightest, practically non-existant chance that it's a real supernatural event.

Also, I believe you're confusing close mindedness with cynicism because me and Tasty call him a faking bastard. But I think that perhaps the cynicism is apt in this case.

If you want the tell tale sign of bullshit. Look on his you tube where he claims to have typed as John Lennon/George Harrison. It's modest, whereas it was a staple of Beatles interviews to be deliberately egotistical. It also praises Ringo "not even the best drummer in the Beatles" Starr's solo work, and refers to a grocery store, an expression that isn't used in British English.

Also, on a balance of probability (which is used in courts of law all the time); it's more likely that this guy's faking it than he's channeling the ghost of a dead Liverpudlian. For a start because lying is something that can be proven to exist, wheras there is no convincing evidence that I know of for the existance channeling spirits.

the hell was that video supposed to prove? that this guy is an idiot?
The guy isn't an idiot, far from it in fact, as he was very much the example of critical thinking in the accompanied video. What you have is a believe based on faith i.e. belief that is not based on proof. Which is fine, and your right to have.
But clearly you can't accuse others of being close minded simply because they require some form of evidence before they consider switching their opinions on a concept or belief lest you be rather close minded (and hypocritical) yourself. In fact seeing as how they would be willing to consider such new ideas upon in introduction of such evidence means they are very open minded indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back