Witnessing Extreme

wrestlemaniac

Getting Noticed By Management
So here we are, a week away from Hardcore justice. Do you like thee idea of it? No this isn't another thread about that. Reading responses made me simply not care about that topic or interested. What I want to know is...what did ECW mean to you and how did you stumble upon it? As for me, well.....let me just explain hat bit. At one point I went every week to blockbuster to get a game or movie. On this particular day, I decided to go for a movie. I would always see ECW video tapes there and was curious. So I rented ECW EXTREME EVOLUTION. I saw it, I loved it, I kept it. Would watch it every now and again...wwf/e really bored me at times and for me was starting to go down hill. Years later when I finally got internet I would watch ECW online. Still do every now n then since I dont have a vcr for the tape anymore. ECW wasnt just about hardcore I mean yea it was cool and in some cases it was awesome how these weapons were incorperated, but ECW was also about great technical wrestling. Some may say, you had to be there to truly understand ECW and I might agree with that statement. Now I have never been to an ECW show only have seen the tape and the vids on youtube. Now although I know these guys are old, I am still going to the ppv in orlando. I'll be flying out of here sat afternoon. so here we are11 years after I saw the tape and my favorite match from it will be repeated. RVD vs Jerry Lynn. So, how did you encounter ECW?

the first time i saw ecw was on the msg channel at like 2 in the morning. i dont remember what the matches were on that episode but i remember i loved every one.from that point one whenever i got the chance i watched ecw. at that point in time i had illegal cable and i was getting free payperview so i saw all there paperview matches also.i didnt have tnn so i had to spend the night at my cousins house when it came on that channel. So ive been a fan of ecw since the first time i seen it. i seen alot of hardcore matches and i seen alot of straight technical wrestling matches.i gotta agree with u though the RVD vs Jerry Lynn matches have always been the best

I first heard about when I read about the "200 chairs" incident.

I then caught it on late might MSG...I was hooked!!
You can not truly appreciate RVD until you see him FLY OVER YOU!!

I was ringside at the Flickinger center in Buffalo the night he did that!!!

Talk about technical wrestling..I remember seeing the first Eddy/Dean match
my jaw was on the floor...these guys were that good!!
I have yet to see a series of matched live up to their matches...EVEN TODAY!!

Man, where do I begin...I live in NY and ECW was a frequent visitor to the mid hudson civic center and I always would make sure to make it to the show. It was great!! You could meet each wrestler and even hang out backstage. I still got pics of myself holding on the belt with Taz. I cant tell you how many times I had a wrestler thrown into my chair. I saw so many crazy hardcore matches but at the same time I saw so much great wrestling. It was nice to have something different than WWF/E and WCW, it was so much more personal. Also, you never knew who was going to show up. I mean if a superstar was just fired recently from the big two back then you knew there was a good chance that they would make a appearance! Even the stables were great...you had the impact players (lance storm and justin credible) then you had the FBI...full blooded italians which I loved that idea...the bwo...I mean I really had big hopes for some of those guys when the company was bought...I remember when they were hyping up taz' appearance I was so siked. But I guess Vince just didnt want it to happen. I mean I guess I can understand that since he didnt create it. Well anyway I am personally going to watch hardcore justice just so I can relive those great memories.

very cool guys, the only wrestling shows I've been to are smackdown....in 01 or 02, tna victory road 08 and a tna house show. This next statement may or may not be ECW related but it involves RVD. At the house show here a few months back, RVD was signing autographs and taking pics after the show, some in the crowd including me waited for him to get out the ring since we had no money for the $20 pic inside the ring w him. RVD got out and was signing autographs for the people that waited. He signed like 4 or 5 then the asshole security guy started chasin' people out. I have the VIP package so I hope I get his autograph this time around. I'm tempted to take my tape for him to sign

I first saw ECW on television back in about '05. We didnt get any MSG channel or anything like that in Missouri, but, I dont remember what channel it was on. I am wanting to say WGN or something like that. It was like 1 in the morning, too.

But what I am really proud of, is that I got to see one of their house shows live. What I am even more proud of, was that it was actually their second to last show, EVER!! It was in Poplar Bluff, MO at the Black River Coliseum. Rhyno vs Dreamer in the ME. Second row and The Sandman spit beer on me and my buddies. At the time, we had no idea that ECW was on the skids. After that show, about a week later, we get on this very site, Wrestlezone, and there is a report that ECW had gone under and out of business.

There is a site, dont know where it's at, where you can find that exact house show and the results. You will see, if you find it, there was only one other show after that, then it was done. I believe the very last show was somewhere in Arkansas. Great house show, though. Tajiri was in set up by the concession stands signing autographs. Got to see alot of good wrestlers that night. Good stuff!!!!!

http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/ecw/results/2001.html

Sorry guys, I had to post the link to the above mentioned house show(s). In case anyone was interested in reading those results.

i think the one thing that stuck ECW out from every other federation was it's fan participation.

where else would you see a wrestler take an object out of a fans hands and use it on his opponent?

where else would fans actually have "their own title" in every show. like plunger guy, or toilet seat dude.

plus the interaction with the fans. you could bs with most of those guys like they weren't even there to wrestle. could never do that in the E. imagine going up to HHH and starting up a conversation? no way.

i haven't gotten a PPV in so long. the last one was when stone cold took the title from the rock with vince's help and that was, what 10-11 years ago?

i might get this one. not expecting a lot, but i am sure all those guys will try their best to put on a good show, even if they are over the hill.

I first heard about when I read about the "200 chairs" incident.

I then caught it on late might MSG...I was hooked!!
You can not truly appreciate RVD until you see him FLY OVER YOU!!

I was ringside at the Flickinger center in Buffalo the night he did that!!!

Talk about technical wrestling..I remember seeing the first Eddy/Dean match
my jaw was on the floor...these guys were that good!!
I have yet to see a series of matched live up to their matches...EVEN TODAY!!

this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTmm_icx8Bc

I used to have the illedgal cable too with free PPVs... I rememer watchin something on PPV then I saw the ad for their first PPV Barely Legal... After that I was hooked...

I would go sleep at my Grand Parents house a lot and they had a satelite dish so they got a shit load of channels... I started watching as much ECW as I could find... I atleast saw every PPV...

Raven was my favorite, just for the sick promos he used to cut and his brutality in the ring...

But, some of my favorite pure wrestling matches were the three way dances between guys like Tajiri, Super Crazy, Guido, Nova, Kid Kash... Any combination of those guys always turned out damn good matches... And obviously the Lynn and RVD matches were great...

I can't wait to see HardCORE Justice, just to relive some memories and see who shows up...

I hope PG 13 show up to face the Dudleys... The "Moma Dudley is a Hoe" is still joked about to this day by me and my friends...lol

I started watching ECW when it was still Eastern Championship Wrestling... When the Sandman was a face with a surfboard and Ironman Tommy Cairo put in regular appearances. I remember watching on TV when Shane Douglas threw down the NWA World Heavyweight title and declared the ECW title a World Championship. I remember Todd Gordon coming out to declare that he had folded Eastern Championship Wrestling and would broadcast ECW - Extreme Championship Wrestling in its place. I pretty much watched from then up until they lost TNN and folded shortly thereafter.

I'm glad the guys are getting one last go at Hardcore Justice. Sure, nothing will completely recapture how different and unique a promotion the original ECW was. I don't think that's the point though. I think the basis for the event is exactly as advertised... one last stand for the original ECW guys to show what they still have left, in spite of the revived attrocity that was WWE's version of ECW. I haven't bought a TNA PPV before, and this will be the first one. I just hope the original premise is followed through completely and the former ECW guys are allowed to (and can still) shine.

I have so many ECW memories... I used to go to shows in Waltham Massachusetts and they were amazing.... My friend had Big Dick Dudley flip over the guardrail and his foot hit him in the face. There was another time where we were standing on our chairs and Sabu and Too Cold Scorpio came fighting down our row of chairs while they we standing on the chairs and Sabu actually pushed my friend off his chair by accident.... THESE WERE AT THE SAME SHOW!!!

I have so many memories of the original ECW and I went to both One Night Stands. I hope the Impact Zone has TONS of original ECW fans in it and they go crazy all night long. I am scared that the usual TNA fans will get their seats first and leave some old school fans out in the cold....

I can't wait for tonight and I hope Lynn is ok and reports are false... but either way, I know Dreamer will make this a good show! I would recommend ordering this. TNA deserves credit for giving the ECW guys one more night in the spotlight instead of fizzling away while WWE Raped the ECW name.

You should order this PPV even if it sucks it will be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back