John Morrison's "Charisma"

Why is everybody so obsessed with turning Morrison heel? He is doing fine with his current character and is pretty over with the fans. He probably gets the biggest face pops on raw after Cena and Orton. His mic work isn't fantastic but it is competent enough, but more importantly his fantastic in-ring work does the talking for him. Besides I found most of his heel promos fairly boring and this is demonstrated by the fact he hardly ever used to get much heat. Let him talk more naturally and he will flourish, trust me.

Ive said this in about 5 other threads concerning Morrison's mic skills and charisma. How many of you all actually tune in to RAW and say to yourself "OMG I can't wait to see if JoMo cuts a promo tonight" or when was the last time you even cared? We don't watch Morrison because of his charisma or mic skills we watch him put on fantastic matches and to do spots that defy the laws of physics. So why are we complaining about him not being above average on a quality that none of us even care about? A lot of guys that went on to become huge didn't cut amazing promos. They relied on their ring work to do their talking for them. Watch Morrison for his ring work not so he can talk. It's that simple

I am kind of new to WWE but since i have watched, morrison has been one of my favorite wrestlers the first time i saw him in action which was in Elimination Chamber 2010, i was amazed. i do not think he is bad at the mic, his voice is not the best but neither is del rio's(sounds like someone hit him across the head) and he gets plenty of mic time. As for his match at WM27, it sucks but it will probably make him more popular and push WWE to give him a world title shot.

Honestly, John Morrison may be the only person i can think of that his in-ring ability compensates for the fact that he cant talk. I mean really, does anybody really even care about how good on the mic he is? Alls people are really interested in is what he can get done in the ring. He also has the type of character and swag that he doesnt need to talk that much. Cant really think of anybody else whose ring work is THAT good to where they dont need to talk, but Morrison can

I do!! If one guy cant talk, how the hell he is going to be a world champ, how is he going to maintain us interested in this feud?
I like what JoMo does in the ring, but if he cant tell a story to the fight that he is having, i just dont watch!!

Ive said this in about 5 other threads concerning Morrison's mic skills and charisma. How many of you all actually tune in to RAW and say to yourself "OMG I can't wait to see if JoMo cuts a promo tonight" or when was the last time you even cared? We don't watch Morrison because of his charisma or mic skills we watch him put on fantastic matches and to do spots that defy the laws of physics. So why are we complaining about him not being above average on a quality that none of us even care about? A lot of guys that went on to become huge didn't cut amazing promos. They relied on their ring work to do their talking for them. Watch Morrison for his ring work not so he can talk. It's that simple

Give me one GOOD World Champion that cant talk??
Only one, and i shut up!!!

I want you to watch a promo by Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mick Foley, Ric Flair .

There is not ONE person in the entire WWE that can cut a promo like these guys not one not taker, not HHH, not miz, not cena so to say watch these guys and then watch morrison is like saying go watch 90's wrestling and watch today its a completly different beast with different limits and a whole different leash you wont see these kind of promos or mic skills until the business changes so the wrestlers can change with it

People act like you need phenomenal mic skills to be champion i can list for days World champions that by NO means come close to the names you ask to compar morrison to in the mic skills department Goldberg, Sting, Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Bret Hart, Brock Lesnar, Ultimate Warrior, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerruero, Chris Beniot

Being a world champion doesnt have to do with who can cut an edgy or smart promo if it was then majority of the people wouldnt have been ragging on the miz for so long....... its about putting on matches thats what wrestling is putting on matches that people care about and want to see... not mic skill, mic skills dont make you steal the show at wrestlemania, mic skills dont make people remember you 20+ macho man was pretty charasmatic and when you say his name majority of people think macho vs steamboat WM3 as the first thing in their head

Give John Morrison a little bit of a direction with his character then keep the promos short and let the story unfold in the ring, or backstage you dont need to have mic skills to be charismatic, everyone goes gaga over mic skills because of guys like austin and rock, but yet the rock couldnt even get a fuckin pop in a ten minute promo until he called cena a yaba daba bitch:disappointed: like i said times change mic skills are the most overrated skills of a wrestler and are the easiest to hide and as obvious by the product is by far not what guys are judged off of seeing as almost every damn promo is scripted

He had natural charisma as a cocky heel, it just all comes over very forced as being a good guy.

John Morrison has the perfect skillset for his role: Midcard attraction. People will get excited for his incredibly athletic and visually appealing stunts. That's a great spot. It isn't main event worthy, but it keeps the guy popular, sells merchandise, and allows for great highlight reel moments.

But no, he can't talk or wrestle. His mic skills have been abysmal, to the point that they bring down whatever segment he is in. He rambles, lacks focus, makes bad jokes that aren't funny, and simply does not draw you into the feud. Will he get better? Probably not. Some people have it, and some don't. John Morrison just doesn't have it.

He's also a mediocre wrestler. Oh, he's great at the stunts, for sure, but his matches are weak. He is the epitome of a spot monkey. All flash, no substance. There is no flow, logic or psychology in his matches. Just spots. Very entertaining spots to be sure, but he lacks the ability to tell a story in the ring. There is no emotional investment in his ring work, just stunts.

He's great at what he does, but what he does is a novelty attraction. He's a bottom tier speaker and wrestler, and a top tier stuntman.

I agree 100 percent with what jellmoo said above me.

He's great a being a apotmonkey, but that can only take you so far, see Shelton Benjamin. Sure, Jeff Hardy was a spotmonkky, but he was immensly, a great draw, and his moveset was a very good draw for kid's.

Morrsion os a white version of Shelton Benjamin. Great athletism, very minumum perosnality or mic work, or ring skill. He's promo's are strocious, his clothesline's are terrible, his facial expression's are the same the whole match (happy or mad). His strikes are god awful horrible!

He's need's to work on his mic skill's and personality. He's still employed becuase WWE somehow see something in him that I sure don't.

Im actually a fan of John Morrison and although his mic work is his weak point, he has charisma and a personality so I don't know where that comes from. It's not like he's able to grab the mic week in and week out to cut a promo.
He needs to improve his mic skills though, cause in the end, that is what separates you from a permanent main eventer and a permanent mid-carder. Take the Miz for example. Is he the best wrestler in the company? Not even close, but he's the champ..and why? Because he can cut a promo to make you believe he is one of the best and the most "must see". Couple that with some underhanded tactics and you have a main event type heel.
Now I'm not one of those on here that say turn him heel, because that is always the easy way out. I say make him more edgier and aggressive. He's far from Shelton Benjamin who had absolutely NO mic skills. With his in ring style, he is better suited as a face. I say maybe put him under the Rock's wing for a couple of months and that will turn him around. I hope he gets a legit shot at a title run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back