Cena doesn't need to be heel!

Cena's movies dont sell , the only thing he sells is his clothing which aint much because kids clothes are cheap and not alot of kids be out on monday nights .. but anyway .. cena can turn heel .. i think barrett is going to beat him and he'll join cena for a couple of ppvs and if it doesnt work for him they'll turn him face again .. orton is top dog , he can be heel one night and face the next and the fans still love it .. cena needs to be more versatile like orton and so does the miz and jericho :) that is all .. goodbye .

Oh and whoever said heels cant sell merchandise is a lie because i see just as many nexus shirts as i do cena or orton .. even sheamus clothing .. not all kids like faces .. the children to day are exposed to violence .. they need a bad ass super hero .. something like batman .. orton is batman and cena is superman .. they need to make cena into the hulk .. just let him smash whoever in his way and still destroy the bad guy at the end of the day .. not a guy that talks about sheamus skin color or barretts voice all the time and still lose ..

Oh and whoever said heels cant sell merchandise is a lie because i see just as many nexus shirts as i do cena or orton .. even sheamus clothing .. not all kids like faces .. the children to day are exposed to violence .. they need a bad ass super hero .. something like batman .. orton is batman and cena is superman .. they need to make cena into the hulk .. just let him smash whoever in his way and still destroy the bad guy at the end of the day .. not a guy that talks about sheamus skin color or barretts voice all the time and still lose ..

You are right... The Rock and the nWo sold a lot of merchandise when they were heels. The Rock sold tons of T-shirts, as did the nWo. The thing was though, that merchandise wasn't directed towards the kids and families. They were directed towards the Rock Fans, and the nWo fans.

John Cena as a heel could and can sell merchandise. They just need to make the product be more targeted to Cena fans.

This is for the people who are constantly saying Cena needs to be a heel. Well, he doesn't. It's pretty simple. If you ask someone that has never watch a wrestling show in their life to name one wrestler, they'll say 1 of 4 names: Hogan, Rock, Stone Cold, or Cena. That's how big he is. Why would you take your biggest moneymaker and your role model for kids and turn him heel? Both in wrestling and in business, it wouldn't make sense.

This is news to me... You see I have been watching prowrestling for 25 years now and NEVER have heard anyone mention John "freakin" Cena as being one of the guys that people mention... A more appropriate scenario would be if you had Ric Flair's name in there with the Rock, Austin, and Hogan...

John Cena is the face of the WWE when the company is doing some of it's worst ratings and ppv buyrates EVER !!! I would hardly mention him in the same breath as a Hogan or Austin... How many people can relate to a punk ass white kid who wishes he was black??? True, he has toned down the "rapper" gimmick that he initially had, but most people over the age of 12 don't relate to John Cena at all... People love Austin so much because so many people wanted to be like him and be able to do the things that he did... Who in here hasn't wanted to tell their boss off at some point??? Austin did all of those things and people lived vicariously through him... This is why Austin became so popular... Who the FUCK wants to be like John Cena??? Enough said...

Well, I think the ratings might play a factor in a heel turn. If they continue to drop, or stay the same as last raw, wwe may feel they need a change.
For me if, Cena loses to Wade at the ppv, I will be watching Raw the following night. If he wins, my attention, mainly, will be on Monday Night Football. No matter what the result, I will be switching back and forth. Last week? I watched most of the game, and about 10-15 mins total of raw. Nothing interesting enough happened to keep watching.
I speak for myself, but I think others who watch MNF would feel the same.

I don't think comparing Cena with Austin or Rock is fair. Yes he is the biggest star in the WWE but a controversial one. Cena is a more like a good looking body builder who is extremely good with the mic. But that is nothing compared to erra of the 3:16 or the brahma bull. Cena himself knows that 95% of the time when he walks down the ramp, a large section of the crowd is hostile towards him and it is getting bigger. Which is why I think its high time Cena becomes a heel, atleast if he wants to keep up with hype that the Viper has been getting lately.

I agree with all this "oh it would be a great shock" (etc) but RAW don't need more heels... they have enough, they just either need to cut down on their heels and move them to SD!? or need to make some heels into faces? *Jericho as face anyone?*

EDIT Cena cannot be compared to The Rock or Stone Cold because the era is different, if this was still the attitude era and Stone Cold and The Rock were with us I'm pretty sure, make that I'm POSITIVE, Cena would be heel atm EDIT

I know that if I asked 100 random people to name a wrestler, they would say Hogan, Rock, Stone Cold, Flair or Cena. Simple as that. And Dzone, I totally agree with you. RAW doesn't need the heels, and all the people saying that Hogan, Rock and Stone Cold were heels need to realize that that was a different era of wrestling.

I think Cena SHOULD turn heel. sure he makes a lot of money in merchandise, but do you know why? Look at him when he comes out, he's rocking his own hat, shirt, wristbands, armbands.... hell I'm sure he's wearing John Cena boxers, then he throws all of that stuff out to the crowd and comes out with new stuff the next week.

In all seriousness though (which means I was joking in that first paragraph, I'm sure there's some genius who didn't realize that until now) John Cena does sell a lot of merch, but nowhere near as much as Hogan did for WCW back in 1995, and his heel turn not only made them more money but it sparked a storyline that not only brought WCW to it's creative and financial peak, but caused the WWE to up their game and completely revolutionize the industry... although on the flipside of that Stone Cold turned heel back in 2002 and it was one of the worst decisions the company could make.

The point is sometimes you have to take chances and shake things up, break away from the status quo... and the status quo right now really sucks. Will Cena turning heel spark another "nWo" size storyline.... probably not, but it could, but at the same time I don't think it would be anywhere near the disaster of Austin turning. You can't be afraid to make risky decisions, that's where true success and prosperity ultimately lies. I say turn Cena heel see where it goes. Not like you can't undo it if it flops

Lol at the Randy Orton needs to be Batman...even Batman does not act the way Randy Orton does. Orton needs to be himself, not himself as a character in the ring but stick with the tweener/viper gimmick he got goin on.

How amazing would it be though if Barrett beats Cena at HIAC and Nexus comes out on the stage of raw the next night and last out is John Cena sporting a Nexus armband but with his face looking shameful..they come down to the ring and Cena cuts his "why he has to do this promo" saying "hes a man of his word", and "a deals a deal" kind of stuff. Then you have a Barrett v.s. Morrison type of match and again Cena shamefully walks down to ringside to eventually help Barrrett to victory. He would still look shameful as Barrett laughs and the crowd starts to get upset. In turn Nexus over the next few months helps Cena win his matches. Take this to Cena winning the Rumble with the help of the Nexus. Next night on raw he accepts the victory cuz he wants to be champion at wrestlemania. The heel turn starts. He challenges The Undertaker at WM27 who i think should be World Champion by that time. This is insane but what if Cena cheats with the help of Nexus to defeat the Undertaker ending his streak at regaining the World title only to bring it to his group at the time Nexus. Thats a big picture to me. It will never happen but id actually LOVE IT!!

I do and don't agree with this thread. As you can see, I do not like Cena, I respect him for what he does, but I don't like him. Everyone has made good points both pro and con on this topic. I forget who said it, but putting him in a suit and tie actually sounds almost interesting, something like The Corporation of 10 years ago. But, I don't see that happening. I also don't see Cena turning heel and being someone's bitch either. He is to big for that. It would be interesting just for creative to give it a shot. If it works, great roll with it. If not, it's not hard to fix the mistake. How many remember CM Punks first heel turn? It was back on ECW, when he joined the New Breed. That lasted all of what.....two or three weeks? He was just not getting over as a heel then, so he got moved back to a face.

Oh and thank you to whomever mentioned Cena as The Prototype. I actually have that documentery on video somewhere. It was on A&E. Now I have to go look for it.

I think Cena turning heel wouldn't be as much of a shock if he put on his rapper gimmick. He'd be more of a tweener. If the WWE wants to draw some attention back from the adults again, it would be a good idea. Right now, it doesn't make much sense as he got a good thing going for him with the kids. On another note: Do you think any of the kiddies remember Paul Bearer. I would think not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back