Calgary Region, LA Subregion: Second Round: (3) Edge vs. (14) Scott Steiner

Who Wins This Match

• Edge

• Scott Steiner

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a second round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the Staples Center, LA, California

2010034339staples_center.jpg

#3 Edge

Edge-WWE-Wrestler-001.jpg

Vs.

#14 Scott Steiner

Steiner2.gif

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

All the muscles in the world wouldn't save Steiner from Edge. Edge is simply too smart and too talented for Big Poppa Pump. Besides strength and notches on his bedpost, I think Edge is pretty much better than Steiner in every way. He has greater accomplishments, he's beaten bigger and better stars than Steiner, he's a better wrestler, better on the stick, and has impacted his era of wrestling more than Steiner did. You could argue Edge is one of the most important wrestlers of the PG Era. I doubt anyone would argue that Steiner is one of the most important wrestlers of any era.

Edge is an all around better wrestler than Steiner. I see this being a fairly run of the mill win for Edge. He gets in some offense, Steiner gets in some offense, he locks in the Steiner recliner, Edge breaks out and hits a Spear and gets the win.

Vote Edge.

This is tough. Who have I cared about less since moving on from tag-team competition? Hmmm.

I'll vote for Edge, mainly because he wasn't involved in that feud with HHH back in 2003. Steiner and Hunter (mainly Steiner) stunk up every arena they went into. Wrestling matches, promo segments, arm wrestling contests, all of it. Edge hasn't been involved in anything that terrible and he's a better singles wrestlers, so he gets my vote.

Scott Steiner is someone that seems like they've always been a big deal, but actually, he hasn't. He won the world title once, when WCW was on its arse, but apart from that, he's just been someone who hangs around the main event and loses. Edge, conversely, is somebody who has spent the majority of the last 5 years hanging around the main event and wins. Edge is an 11 time world champion, which is an incredible achievement, and no amount of steroids can make up for that.

Scott Steiner, before he went nuts with steroids, was someone I liked watching a lot as a kid. Before the Franken-Steiner, I had never seen a hurricanrana before and thought it was about the greatest thing my 8 year old eyes had ever seen. Steiner was at his peak when he was in the WCW & WWF tag team picture with his brother Rick. As a singles wrestler, Steiner has just never really interested me all that much. By around 1997 or so, when Steiner really jacked himself up, he was an overall shell of the wrestler he'd once been. He sacrificed a lot of his ability inside the ring for his freakishly enhanced physique.

Edge is someone that sorta surprised me. He's someone I kind of had pegged as a tag team wrestler or mid-card wrestler for life. Not that he didn't have the talent to be a main eventer, I guess I just never really thought it was in his future when he & Christian were doing the whole teen idol gimmick they worked as a tag team. We all know how strong the WWE's tag team scene was in the early 2000s and Edge is one of the primary reasons why. I was glad to see Edge rise to the ranks of the main event scene after winning the first MITB match at WrestleMania. Edge had worked hard and had earned his place.

In the end, I can't ignore Edge's credentials and his overall ability in the ring. He isn't as good or as athletic now as he used to be but, in his prime, he was great. No matter which way you slice it Edge is an 11 time World Champion, a 14 time World Tag Team Champion, 2 time MITB winner, KOTR & Royal Rumble winner. Take away Scott Steiner's physique and tag team title runs, he doesn't really have much left.

Scott Steiner is very overrated in my book. His horrendous in ring ability is often over shadowed by the huge muscles and the taunts to get the crowd into him. I like how someone mentioned his WWE run in 2003ish. Proves just how bad this guy is overall ability. His mic ability is just terrible. Let's see him go to the WWE again and try cutting a promo without using the word "bitch" every other word.

Edge, is an amazing commodity. Winning the World Heavyweight Championship 11 fuckin times is not a fluke. The WWE has relied on Edge to carry the Smackdown and RAW brands on numerous occasions and that is no fluke either. Edge draws. Scott doesn't. Edge wins with a quick running hug after Scott is taking his sweet ass time posing.

I like Edge in the ring, I really do. However it frustrates me that he is an 11-time World Champion, when guys like Hogan, Bret, Austin, Rock and Undertaker have far less accolades when they are much better.

Edge is probably one of the most decorated superstars ever to step foot in a WWE ring, his lists of accomplisments is incredible, but I have been losing interest in him more and more over the last few years.

I am growing to like Scott Steiner more each time I see him, the guy is such a legend on the mic, and very accomplished in the ring. I certainly enjoy seeing him back in TNA.

Fuck it, I am going for Steiner. Steiner Screwdriver nearly kills Edge and the 3 count for Scotty.

GET MY BAGS!!

Edge is about as overrated as it gets. His body has deteriorated to the point where he very rarely gets dragged to the performances expected of people at his level. Not to mention that there have been many occasions in his time as top heel when he's failed to maintain the interest of the audience in a manner unbecoming of someone in his position. If this were the Edge of 2002 and before, I might have some good things to say about him. But even that Edge doesn't entertain me like Steiner. The man is just OTT pro-wrestling to his core and continues to do more for me as a broken down shell of a man than a broken down shell of Edge ever could.

I'm voting for Steiner simply because he is way more entertaining. I think if he would have been used better during his second run in WWE he might be where Edge is right now. I know the rivalry with HHH sucked, but then again everything sucked in 2003. Who wants to see someone with a physique and sailor mouth like Steiner as a face, It's just stupid he should have always been a heel and I refuse to blame him for Vince wanting to kill off another WCW superstar.

In this match here Edge will get some offense in until Steiner goes ape shit and whoops his ass all over the ring and ends it with the Steiner Screwdriver

I had to pipe in here.

I agree Edge has talent, and he's usually grudgingly appealing. Meaning that I seem to find myself not wanting to like him, then he turns face and gets funny again, and I realize "shit. I kinda like Edge again. Dammit all".

Steiner, I love the guy, he's funny as hell (intentional or not) in his promos. Some of the stuff he rambles about can be downright hilarious.

About his work rate? I actually respect the guy a hell of a lot more after chatting w/Buff Bagwell. I asked him something about Steiner (I forget what it was) and he started talking about him and saying that the guy's back is total shit. I'm talking shit as in difficulty getting out of a car shit. Yet he gets in the ring, pushes through it, and does what he loves.

I'm leaning towards Steiner on this one, even if it's just for the fact of his crazy ass promos. Because the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor means your redneck ass has to get my bags, bitch.

I'll put this as simply as I can.

Scott Steiner has defeated the likes of Booker T, Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, DDP & Sting to win (or retain) the World Championship, once.

Edge has defeated the likes of John Cena, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, Kane, Chris Jericho, and the Undertaker to win (or retain) 11 World Heavyweight Championships.

I truly don't give a shit how large Steiner's baseball sized arms ever get. I honestly couldn't factor in how many of Edge's body parts have broken or worn down over the course of his career. Edge has won 10 more World Championships than Steiner. He's Main Evented Wrestle-fricken-Mania. He's been the actual leader of a Company, that wasn't going under during the time of his reign.

Edge wins for every bit of all of those factors.

I vote Edge.

edge is a better wrestler then Steiner,better promos (maybe :lmao:) even though i guess that wouldn't matter. Edge is a 11 time world champion and 13 time tag champion. Edge's success is has much more prestige to it then Steiner's. Which says something since Scott is much older which would also affect the 'Big Bad Booty Daddy' as the match went on.

Edge.

Edge is the ultimate opportunist which is great if your facing a face, do-gooders who follow rules are good at providing plenty of that.

The Big Bad Booty Daddy isn't a good guy, opportunity is hard to come by against him.

Potential back up for Edge - (I'm discounting all round two competitors as they're otherwise engaged) Gangrel? Rick Steiner! Lita? The Freaks! Hawkins & Ryder? Palumbo & O'Haire!

IMO Edge's prime eras are his rule breaking short cut taking periods were wins are infrequently clean. Now, while WCW was heading down the toilet, Scotty was booked quite well and as a heel who wasn't adverse to breaking the rules, using his trademark steel pipe or having outside interference he also had the tools to dominate. Big Poppa Pump to suplex the Rated R Superstar round the ring like a rag doll then Steiner Recliner submission - "Holla, if you hear me!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back