Calgary Region, LA Subregion: First Round: (14) Scott Steiner vs. (19) Dustin Rhodes

Who Wins This Match

• Scott Steiner

• Dustin Rhodes

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the Staples Center, LA, California

2010034339staples_center.jpg

#14 Scott Steiner

Steiner2.gif

Vs.

#19 Dustin Rhodes

goldust.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Scott Steiner easily.

He would overpower Dustin, and wear him out for a Steiner Recliner pretty fast. Dustin is a pretty decent wrestler, and I'm a fan, but not against Big Poppa Pump. He had a good IC title run, but that's about it. Scott is a former world champion, and would beat up Dustin. Simple as that.

As much as I love Dustin's "Goldust" gimmick, The Genetic Freak will get this easily. He's too damn powerful, and piss him off, he'll break you apart. I like his early career with Rick as he can also be athletic despite having muscles where muscles aren't considered.

Steiner with the Recliner in 5 minutes.

My vote: The Big Bad Booty Daddy

I think goldust would manage to get the win here I feel that his mind games would really throw big poppa pump off. I know steiner is athletic and powerful but goldust isn't a slouch in the ring either. I know most will disagree but I have to give the golden one the nod here

In his prime, Dustin (as Golddust) would have found a way to win this match. He was sly, cunning and much smarter than Scotty, and I see that playing a big role.

I like Scott Steiner, but this just seems like a match he would lose. He isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, kind of a meathead, and I think that comes into play here. Dustin wouldn't win in a squeaky-clean manner, but he still picks up the win.

Dustin Rhodes had some great runs in his career. Whether he was using his own name, or was using some gimmick that required him to use face paint, Rhodes was always a good match up for anyone.

But I think as good as his runs were, they fail in comparison to Steiner's. Steiner started off as one half of one of the best tag teams of All Time, The Steiner Brothers. They went on to be successful wherever they were at.

But, then there came a time in the late 90's that WCW did something else with the All-American Scott Steiner, and turned him Heel. He turned on his brother and joined Buff Bagwell in the NWO. It was the best move Steiner ever made in his career and went on to not only LEAD NWO Hollywood but also capture The WCW World Title.

When I first saw this thread title, I thought, "Oooh close match." But the more I thought about this, it really isn't a close match. I think Steiner had the career that Rhodes wanted and never achieved.

So, I think Steiner wins this match clean, and defeats Rhodes with a Steiner Recliner, or possibly a Frankensteiner off the top rope.

I gave this one to Dusty's boy under one weird but insanely feasible circumstance, Goldust plays some SERIOUS mind games with Steiner the entire week before the match began.

The draw was about a week ago, yes? This gives Goldust an entire week to fuck with Scott Steiner's mind. Now anyone who knows Scott Steiner knows three things about him: 1) He's impossible to understand. 2) He's a botch waiting to happen. C) He's a horny mother fucker. Goldust uses the last Steiner Fact to his advantage and just drives away all the women from Scotty's room by posing as Steiner's girlfriend. Without his pre-game nookie, Scott Steiner is rendered useless, and Goldust capitalizes and picks up the win.

I love Goldust, I hate Scott Steiner, so I'm voting for Goldust. I would rather watch an entire litter of live puppies get forced down a fucking garbage disposal than see or hear this monstrous, sickening piece of trash on my television.

I really don't have any argument other than I fucking despise Scotty, so I'll likely just leave it at that.

Sure, Goldust would be able to get into Steiner's head and play mind games going into the match, but once we got inside the ring, Steiner (Pre-Steroids) would be able to take control and use his strenght to overpower Goldust.

We got to remember that Steiner wasn't always the wrestler that he is today, and I think the Steiner that rocked a mullett before he became your hook up, would be able to get the victory over Rhodes.

Goldust can't fuck with Steiner. Steiner is one of the few people in the wrestling business to have two completely different gimmicks and be totally successful with both of them. Scott is a former world champ and in his younger days was widely considered one of the best wrestlers in the world while mainly competing in tag competition. Their is no way Goldust beats Steiner at any point of either one of their careers.

You look at the abundance of muscles Steiner possesses and you think he would easily defeat Dustin but I don't see that. Goldust in his prime was one creepy dude, his mind games were some of the creepiest and weirdest you'll ever find. He was never the strongest guy in the ring or the most talented but it was his tactics, that won him many matches and this match too. Steiner is used to being feared and to being intimidating and when he realizes that Goldust isn't one of those people, it is going to give him enough of a shock. He's never had to deal with many mind games in his career, and it is just more of a reason that it wouldn't be hard for the Gold and Black superstar to scare the hell out of him. Every wrestler is given at least a little bit of notice about what match they'll be participating in so he'll have time to put his plan to action and try and tell me that Scott won't be phased. He'd find a way to make sure Steiner wasn't the same man that had beaten many a superstars, he'd find a way because that is just the kind of person he has always been. And if that doesn't work? Well, it will. It doesn't help that I despise Steiner either and I'm amazed that the guy has been able to do so well with that god awful voice, less than satisfactory mic skills and muscles that sure as heck didn't just come from some extra time in the gym. Dustin Rhodes as all his insane and weirdoh's that he portrayed, they could all cut some pretty creepy promos and he has been able to play his characters to a tee and that is why he wins this one, baby.

Steiner was not to be messed with in his prime. He performed phenomenal feats of strength and agility that Dustin could only dream of. He doesn't much flash to knock you down with a Steinerline, though. And once he gets a hold of anybody, it's hard to avoid his Suplexes. Dustin is most remembered for his absurd amount of absurd gimmicks. He can be as freaky as he wants, but you can't outfreak, the Freak of freaks.

Goldust is a great wrestler, he really is, and if wrestling was judged purely on the ability to get into your character, he would surely be one of the greatest ever. He really bossed the midcard for a long time, and has been able to put a lot of great matches on over the years and bring on young talent too in recent years. However, he never really did anything on his brief entry into the main event, which Steiner was able to achieve, albeit briefly. This would probably be a close run thing, but Goldust would fall short ultimately.

Regarding the choices here, I have always thought that Scott Steiner is incredibly overrated. He was good years ago, when tagging up with his brother, but he eventually became such a roiled up freak that his wrestling actually suffered because of it. Sure his popularity with the fans, especially the casual ones, probably escalated, because he was so impressive physically, but he lost the ability to move in the ring and do anything over and above the meathead power moves. Goldust, on the other hand, has always been severely underrated. A very unique gimmick with the ability to get in the heads of his opponents, something which would be very effective over a musclehead like Steiner.

I see Steiner dominating a lot of this match, but with some sort of mental mind games, Goldust pulls off the victory and advances to the next round.

I just don't see a Runnel's character that Scotty wouldn't beat - 'The Natural' would be pure and simply out wrestled and either pinned or forced to submit. Goldust would be decimated - it's one thing to play homoerotic mindgames with a sane person, it's another to play them with a psychotic obsessed with his own heterosexuality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back