Calgary Region, LA Subregion: First Round: (6) Eddie Guerrero vs. (27) Bobby Lashley

Who Wins This Match

• Eddie Guerrero

• Bobby Lashley

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the Staples Center, LA, California

2010034339staples_center.jpg

#6 Eddie Guerrero

eddie_guerrero.JPG

Vs.

#27 Bobby Lashley

Lashley.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

Did someone really vote for Bobby already? I didn't expect that.

Bobby would put on a good show, but you can never count out Eddie. I think he would lie, cheat and steal his way to victory in this one. Bobby would put on a lot of harsh offense and make Eddie sore. Eddie would get some good offense too but Bobby would dominate a portion of the match. Some counters from Eddie, a few high flying moves, just to try get something off. However it gets set up, I see Eddie winning frog splash.

Going to go ahead and give eddie the vote here. I know people can argue that lashley has the power over him but in the ring eddie was far superior to lashley. He would also do anything to get that all important 'W', lie, cheat, steal whatever it took. It also needs to be remembered who eddie won his first wwe top title of... Brock lesnar a huge powerhouse and dominant force. He will do the same thing to lashley here.

Yeah, I was definitely not expecting a single person to vote for Bobby Lashley this early on in the match up.

Eddie goes over big here. A legend who gave his life to the business, and easily one of the most recognizable names in the industry up against a guy who doesn't even really seem to care about wrestling except as a stepping stone up to an MMA career. Bobby Lashley was awful on the mic and mediocre in the ring, while Eddie was fantastic on both.

Eddie goes over, absolutely no question.

Eddie has beaten bigger guys than Lashley and Eddie has beaten guys who were more technically gifted than Lashley. Furthermore, Eddie has done things Lashley has never done, namely had a World Title reign. I know Lashley had the ECW championship reign, but Eddie held the WWE Championship, the greatest prize of them all. Furthermore, Eddie is a Grand Slam Champion, an accomplishment few wrestlers can boast about.

It'll be a taxing match on Eddie, but he takes it after he counters the Dominator into a roll-up.

Bobby has grown on me, and I mean that in a "please get him off my TV" kind of way. Eddie is more entertaining, agile, and cunning in the ring that we all know about him. Bobby can use all the power moves he wants, but Eddie will sneak in a blunt object when the ref isn't looking, hit him with it, and goes for the Frog Splash for the win after 7 minutes.

My vote: Latino Heat.

Bobby Lashley has tremendous strength and is more then a little agile for his size. He is a true beast.

But, I have always looked at him as sort of a Brock Lesnar wanna-be. Eddie beat Brock for his first and only World Title.

I see nothing different about this match up. Eddie would obviously use his speed and aerial tactics in this match. I actually see this getting close to the 20 minute time limit.

There would be times when both men get close to winning the match. I actually see Lashley kicking out of Eddie's Frog Splash. But Eddie would pull one of his tricky, "Lie, Cheat & Steal" maneuvers and totally outsmart Lashley in this and would get the victory.

Lashley might be able to upset a lot of guys ranked ahead of him in this tournament. Eddie Guerrero does not fall under that category, though. Some might actually look at this as an upset for Eddie to beat Lashley, given the size and strength difference and also Lashley's MMA skills.

As I said, I feel Lesnar is better then Lashley and if Guerrero can be booked to go over Brock, for a World Title, surely he can be booked to beat Lashley in a 1st Round Tournament Match.

Obviously Eddie wins here. The man beat Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle in the same year for the WWE championship (winning and retaining it respectively). Lashley brought some prestige to the ECW championship, but looking back now, he was just another big guy. He was big, impressive and if it was build properly, intimidating. However, mic skills? Charisma? El tipo era más aburrido que...sorry, the momentum got me. The guy was completely flat and borring. That's why (in some degree) MMA is his place, he is big and can kick some ass. But he isn't entertaining at all. On the other hand we have probably the most charismatic Latino that walked in the WWE.

Like other posters said, I can see thi macth going around 17-18 minutes mark where after "lying,, cheating and stealing", Eddie hits a frog splash for the victory.

¡VIVA LA RAZA!

Lashley cut his WWE run a bit too short to be relevant here. He could have been something huge had he stuck around and actually could have been considered competition for Eddie here, but not today.

I would like to note that I believe that Eddie has become vastly over rated in the years after his death. But there's still no arguing that his contribution to the wrestling industry dwarfs anything Lashley has ever done. Guerrero all the way.

I've been struggling a bit with this one, from a kayfabe standpoint. In all honesty, I see this one going the full 20 minutes, with neither man being able to pin the other. Lashley was big, physical and tough. Guerrero is quick, stronger than given credit for, and can take a beating with the best of them.

So, I'll go with who I like more. Guerrero. Lashley had all the potential to be a huge star in professional wrestling. Not sure why it never happened, if it was his own fault, whatever. Bottom line; he didn't do much. The WWECW title was at it's peak when he held it, but he didn't do anything memorable. Guerrero put on better matches over a longer period of time.

Eddie wins this one.

While I think the World's image of Eddie Guerrero has been drastically overblown since his death, there is no denying that he was great where it counts - in the ring.

Bobby Lashley is a poor man's Brock Lesnar. Brock has more power, speed and accomplishments than Lashley does, and Eddie was able to defeat Lesnar for his first WWE Championship reign.

Based on that logic, Eddie would be able to move past Lashley and advanced to the second round.

Glad to see this first match for Latino Heat not even be close, as it should be. While Lashley had a lot of potential, he left too early and, at his peak, was only the top of the ECW food chain. Eddie, on the otherhand, not only had a great ability to do work inside of the ring, but was very charismatic on the mic. And, from a kayfabe perspective, Eddie, at his peak, beat Brock Lesnar, who was virtually unbeatable during that 2 year stretch. Lashley is a lesser Lesnar, and as such, Eddie gets the win here, around the 15 minute mark.

I think people are forgetting how Bobby Lashley was booked. Sure, he never reached the world title picture, but that was because he left before he got there, and not because he wasn't good enough. Lashley lost about 5 matches in 2 years, fewer than anyone else, and most of them to Booker T, who has about as much in common with Eddie Guerrero as I do with Paris Hilton.

Whenever he wrestled technical wrestlers he won. Benoit? Beat him. Regal? Beat him. Benjamin? Beat him. Not only that, the man went over Randy Orton, Batista, JBL, Umaga, RVD, The Big Show - in essence everyone who was anyone in 2006-7 apart from John Cena.

Guerrero was given the title as a loyalty bonus when the WWE had nobody else to give it to. The fact that he lost the title to JBL is evidence that he wasn't seen as a long term option, and the fact he never returned to the title frame ever again is more evidence. Guerrero beat Lesnar because Goldberg attacked him. As far as I'm aware Goldberg has no beef with Bobby Lashley, and Lashley isn't about to leave the company. He beat Angle, who then took time off injured, and then lost the title after one solitary title defence against Rey Mysterio.

Eddie was popular and entertaining, but there's no way he'd have ever gone over Bobby Lashley.

Eddie Guerrero is a far more rounded wrestler than Lashley could ever hope to be. Bobby has the strength and a far better body, but when it comes down to the actual wrestling, he was very limited.

Eddie could do it all in the ring, and for that reason I see a Guerrero win here

What has Bobby Lashley ever accomplished in the world of professional wrestling? Oh yea thats right nothing. Eddie Guerrero is an icon and would have been an icon even if he had not won the world title. Guerrero goes over here and makes Lashley look like an absolute beast while doing it.

Bobby Lashley did dominate everyone the WWE put him up against, from Batista to Benoit and if he would have stayed and kept on his track, he would've probably had won this because I would guess his domination would just continue. But he left for TNA and it only took a month and half until he fled to MMA and whatever he is doing there doesn't matter as this is not a UFC fight and Eddie is not anything close to that type of style so it wasn't like it was going to be whoever had the best grasp of mixed martial arts would get the three count. This is Eddie Guerrero we happen to be talking about however and his mic skills were tremendously better than anything Lashley came up with, he turned every match he was in to an entertaining one and he was one of the best at being comedic but not comedic enough that he is only seen as a joke. Eddie beat Brock Lesnar and while Lashley has the same physique as Brock, he still isn't half as much of a force as he was in the WWE and Brock had dominated WWE the second he was brought in while Bobby was wading in the weak ECW for quite some time, he was the big thing there but it was ECW and nothing he accomplished there I see as impressive. Eddie beat Brock and Kurt angle in the same match, and Lashley doesn't equal the skill of either so there is no chance he would be winning this one. Lashley would definitely get some offense in and it would go the whole in my mind and it would end by Eddie being Eddie, framing Lashley for hitting him with a steel chair when the ref wasn't paying attention and advancing.

Lashley was a horrible Brock Lesnar expy. He was simple in the ring, he was utterly boring on the mic, and the only reason he ever got over was because he shaved McMahons head. Eddie on the other hand has tangled with the biggest names of WWE and WCW and has had spectacular matches over the years. So Lashley's big and strong. Who cares, big guys have been beaten before. Lashley was strong, but Eddie was billed as one of the most cunning and resourceful wrestlers out there.

Cut short by a month before he could win his second World Champioship, Eddie has shown he had what it took to be a leading man in WWE while Lashley tossed it all in favor of a failing MMA career. A failed Lesnar clone to the bitter end. he deserves to lose to Eddie.

Eddie Guerrero was a gifted athlete. He brought it all to the table when he competed. He was muscular, he was skilled, he was charismatic, he was over with the crowd, and he had longevity in the business, and would have stuck around for quite a while had he not passed away prematurely. Of the five attributes listed for Guerrero, Bobby Lashley possesses one. He was muscular, end of story. Boring, no connection with the crowd, and did not stick around in either WWE or TNA long enough to truly be an impact player in the business. Had he stuck around, he may have developed some of the attributes needed to make it in the business, but he elected not to do so, which makes my choice clear.

Lashley sticks around in the match for a while because of his sheer size (kayfabe), but in the end, he gets sent packing to pursue a career in MMA. And the victory goes to Eddie Guerrero.

Bobby was pure athlete. But that doesn't cut it. He sucked on the mic and Eddie was an all time great. Great on the mic and in the ring, great face great heel. Eddie Guerrero is a legend and takes this one with ease.

To my knowledge Eddie has never beaten a wrestler the size of Bobby Lashley except for Brock. He only defeated Brock due to Goldberg interfering and attacking Brock. Lashley was the first person to break the Master Lock challenge.

In a match between the two, Lashley will have too much power for Eddie to overcome. He can lie cheat and steal but unless someone has a beef with Lashley and attacks him during the match, Eddie has no chance to win at all. Hell, Mysterio might interfere during the match against a heel Eddie to help Lashley win the match. Raw power of Lashley overcomes the cheating ways of Eddie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back