Brock Lesnar was overrated in UFC.

TimeIsWasting

Occasional Pre-Show
I will first start off with that Brock Lesnar no doubt was a huge draw for the UFC. Dana White used him and milked the cow. Dana did what was good for business not what was good for the sport. Onto Brock Lesnar, his career in UFC was nothing more than him being a hype man and nothing more. Lets look at his 5-3 record in the UFC and his unjustified rise to becoming the world champ. So he fights min-soo kim and get a victory in his first fight. Wow, who cares. Then he fights Frank Mir and Lesnar Taps to a knee bar or foot lock whatever people choose to call it. Then onto his next challenge against a tomato can named Heath Herring. Lesnar gets the win in a three round decision. Then he gets a title shot? Really? He was 2-1 and he gets a title shot. He did not earn his title shot, it was given to him. Dana White knew he could make a ton of money and that is all that boils down to. So Lesnar captures the title from an old man named Randy Couture........wow,not. They should of never had a fight,but I digress. So now he is world Champ at 3-1. Then he wins his rematch with Frank Mir. I'll give him credit for this one because he really did handle Mir. Then he fights Shane Carwin and wins in the second round. There are many of people that think the fight should have been called and Carwin would become the new champ. However, the champ always gets special treatment in title fights. Carwin showed the blue print on how to beat Brock Lesnar. So at 5-1 he goes onto fight Velasquez and overeem and he loses both fights. People will say oh, overeem was on roids, but seriously he lost in the first round and got his but whooped. I didn't mention the Velasquez fight first because it wasn't really a fight at all and wasn't really worth mentioning. How many people get title shots being 2-1? I mean seriously he was 2-1 and in the loss tapped out to a kneebar. He beat the can and gets the title shot. He never earned anything in UFC. He was nothing more than a glorified hype man. People can say that he was good, but 5-3 doesn't sound all that good to me. Especially because we all know there was a really good chance that record should or could of been different had the Carwin fight been called the right way. I know the guy got sick and all of that, but you are either a fighter or not. Brock Lesnar is not a fighter, He is not an ass kicker. He is one of the most overrated if not the most overrated fighter in UFC History. I am not talking about his drawing ability. I am talking about his overall skill. He didn't earn the right to become world champion. Especially when many other guys had to fight upward to 10 fights just to get a number one contender fight. So for all of you people all on Brocks nuts, please be honest with yourself and everyone else and admit that the guy was overrated and not a good fighter.

I'm not a big Lesnar UFC fan, but you're wrong. The man was not overrated. Sure, he was shot to the moon really quickly because he was a draw, but he beat some of the best fighters in the world to earn his spot at the top. Herring, Couture, Mire, and Carwin are no push overs and Lesnar didn't just beat them but demolished them, with the exception of Carwin. Losing to Mir, Cain, and Overeem isn't something to frown upon. Two of those guys are top 3 Heavyweights and the other just fought for the belt. Lesnar was not overrated in fact people didn't really give him enough credit for being thrown to the wolves and not just surviving but thriving.

Lesnar won my respect when he demolished Heath Herring. Before that I thought he was a phony. Everyone was all over his nuts because he "Almost" beat Frank Mir in that first fight. I wasn't buying it until he smashed Herring.

Let's not ever forget that the man was fighting a disease. Lesnar did extremely for his tenure there. A lot of heavyweights have been there for a good year or so and still haven't even fought in a championship match. Lesnar was a draw and his fights kept people watching. Lesnar was not overrated but just overly hated. The second Mir fight told me that Brock Lesnar is no one to sleep on in the heavyweight division. It sucked that he left so early and the UFC lost a huge draw to the heavyweight division. Mir is the only reasons why I care about the heavyweight division.

I'm sorry, but who made you the authority on all things MMA?

Brock Lesnar was neither overrated, nor underrated; actually, he was pretty much exactly what he was. First of all, let's get this out of the way; he won his UFC Heavyweight Title, because he won it. It wasn't handed to him, he fucking earned it; any attempt to take that away from it comes across as bullshit. Brock was also probably the best wrestler in UFC; hia amateur skills get really overlooked, but he was a damn good wrestler. He was good enough everywhere else to, well, be fucking UFC champion. He beat Carwin and Mir, he beat really damn golod fighters, and were it not for his illness, I'd argue he would beat plenty more. I find it hilarious that you discredit all his wins, but don't even mention his illness, and how it affected; Brock was a completely different fighter after that, but he surely wasn't the hack you make him out to be.

Fuck off with this nonsense, lest I have to stich more of a clown suit for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back