Brock Lesnar: UFC Return?

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
For the last couple of days, I was intending on making a thread posing the question if Brock Lesnar is UFC Hall of Fame worthy. Then, things got very interesting last night when Brock Lesnar appeared on camera right before the main event of UFC 146.

When questioned about Brock's appearance after the show, Dana was being very sly, saying Brock may or may not come back, and that Brock told Dana that he just wanted to attend the show.

As we all know, Brock is a recluse. He doesn't like being in the public eye. He doesn't like being away from home. There's a lot more than what meets the eye here, and Brock would not appear at a UFC event unless there was something in it for him.

The WWE has botched the return of Brock Lesnar in so many ways that it wouldn't be surprising if Brock threw his hands up in the air and said he was done with the WWE, especially if they told him they intend having HHH go over him in their feud. Vince could have made huge money with Brock's return, and instead, he seems intent on carrying out a personal vendetta to make him look bad, because that's exactly what Vince McMahon does when mixing in his personal feelings with business, he'll cut off his own nose to spite his face.

I think the possibility of a Brock Lesnar return to the UFC is a very real possibility. He doesn't need to be fighting for the title yet. Fights against guys like Big Country and rematches against Mir, Carwin, and Overeem would do huge business.

Brock never should have retired and went back to pro wrestling in the first place. And I think now, he's realizing that. Bring on Lesnar vs. Mir III.

The WWE has botched the return of Brock Lesnar in so many ways that it wouldn't be surprising if Brock threw his hands up in the air and said he was done with the WWE, especially if they told him they intend having HHH go over him in their feud. Vince could have made huge money with Brock's return, and instead, he seems intent on carrying out a personal vendetta to make him look bad, because that's exactly what Vince McMahon does when mixing in his personal feelings with business, he'll cut off his own nose to spite his face.

Normally I'd agree with you here man, but you're flat out wrong about them botching Lesnar so far, atleast from a financial standpoint. Extreme Rules this year did an extra 50,000 buys than the year before, which is in the ballpark of an additional $2 million dollars in revenue that he brought in alone. So in other words, Lesnar's pretty much already paid for his enormous contract with his first PPV appearance alone.

But, on the actual topic of the thread, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Lesnar return to the UFC because he's a big name draw and Dana loves those, regardless of whether they actually deserve to get a PPV fight spot or not. Honestly though, I'm not sure Lesnar has much left in him in MMA. He looked so anemic in his last few fights that I can't imagine him being very successful if he were to hop right back into MMA in the middle of or at the end of his WWE contract.

No, he wont return. His body isn't capable of getting the abuse u get in the UFC. He has had too many problems. That is why he will have a very light and favorable schedule in the WWE where he will be protected and any threat to his well being is minimal. I'm not sure but i'd imagine he would get paid a very nice wage at either organisation.

There is nothing left for him to prove in the UFC. People doubted him but he won the world title. Smashed Mir, beat Carwin and although he didn't fight JDS i reckon he would have of beaten him too.

I'd be extremely surprised if a return to the cage was in the works for Brock Lesnar. Look, I love Brock, but he's nowhere near the fighter he once was -- he's a shell of himself. His bouts with diverticulitis took a lot out of him and we saw that in his fights with Overeem and Cain; however, I'm sure Brock can still compete with the lower to mid level heavyweights. That being said, I'm not so sure Brock would want to. He's got a lot of pride and I don't know if fighting cans would be something that Brock would be interested in. Lesnar would probably strive for greatness and try to get back at the title, taking some really hard fights, and I don't think he's at that level anymore -- his body just isn't all there anymore. I don't know if it would be worth it.

I don't doubt that Brock would be a giant draw for the UFC and I'm sure Dana White knows that. After all, it's Dana's job to create hype around the product, isn't it? As a result, I'm taking what was said last night -- or rather, how it was said -- with a grain of salt. Brock very well could have just been there enjoying the fights (unlikely, but possible) and Dana could have tried to capitalize on that. It's more likely that maybe they're working out some non-fighting appearances or something. Brock's in a comfortable position right now; Vince surely paid Lesnar through the nose and all Brock has to do is sit there, making the occasional appearance, until they decide to bring him back for an extended period of time for the WrestleMania build. It's a cushy job and I'm sure Brock realizes that.

In the end, this is all speculation, but I just don't see it happening.

The Brock Lesnar with Greg Nelson as his trainer would be a top 5 heavyweight, i'm utterly convinced with that. Once he got rid of Nelson, his performance decreased dramatically because he did not have anybody in his camp that knew how to prepare him for an MMA fight. He brought in so many great training partners and coaches such as Peter Welch for boxing, and Rodrigo Comprido for BJJ, but he had nobody who truly knows how to prepare a fighter for an MMA fight. That was Lesnar's biggest mistake and it cost him his career.

If he were to return, he cannot be so reclusive. He needs to leave Deathclutch and train at a true gym with someone who can push him when he needs to be pushed, someone that can make him peak when he needs to peak. He doesn't have that at Deathclutch. As much as I love Brock, he has a great deal of "yes" men around him and I don't want to see him fight again unless he rectifies that.

I can't see Lesnar returning to the UFC until his contract with the WWE is up and who knows what kind of shape he will be in then. It is a possibility, but I just can't be sure of how realistic it is based on his decreasing performances and his injuries. Granted, if he did return he would be an immediate draw once again. Fights with Nelson, Bigfoot, Mir, and other mid to top Heavyweights would do big business. The guy is a bonafide draw regardless of who is across from him. I don't see a Lesnar return happening anytime soon, and I really don't know if it is a good idea based on Brock's health and his dedication to training.

I think he will come back to the UFC. Maybe not right now but certainly sometime in the future.

I must say that I was surprised by his appearance at 146. I don't think it meant anything just yet other than wanting to turn up and see some fights. But really, I do see him going back to it eventually. But then, why would Dana even want him? Brock would love to go back to the UFC and be Heavyweight Champion again. But the way he was brutalised by Velasquez, Overeem and Carwin (for a long time in the match), he just doesn't have what it takes. In fact, I've never seen such a big man so scared to take a punch in all my life. I don't think that Brock Lesnar has what it takes to get anywhere near Dos Santos right now.

And I think Dana knows that too. He knows that Brock Lesnar is never going to be able to beat Dos Santos. Sure, it would be good to fill up the Heavyweight scene a little more because no one is really moving forward with the exception of Velsquez and perhaps Big Country. But people have laughed Lesnar out of the business. He might have been a UFC Champion but his bouts with illness and everything else have left him way down the pecking order.

If he does go back to the UFC, you can bet that his fee for fighting is going to be a whole lot less than it was previously.

I must say that I was surprised by his appearance at 146. I don't think it meant anything just yet other than wanting to turn up and see some fights.

Lesnar would never leave the solitude of his house just to enjoy some fights. Funny that the first PPV he came out to "enjoy" featured a heavyweight title fight and an all-heavyweight card. No way it's as simple as "he just wanted to enjoy some fights."

But then, why would Dana even want him?

Probably the guaranteed 600,000+ PPV buys he'll put up :shrug:

Brock would love to go back to the UFC and be Heavyweight Champion again. But the way he was brutalised by Velasquez, Overeem and Carwin (for a long time in the match), he just doesn't have what it takes. In fact, I've never seen such a big man so scared to take a punch in all my life. I don't think that Brock Lesnar has what it takes to get anywhere near Dos Santos right now.

As I said, Brock Lesnar post Greg Nelson is not a top 10 fighter. Brock Lesnar with Greg Nelson or another real trainer is a top 5 heavyweight. Thing is, Lesnar is to stubborn to face lower-end competition to enhance and sharpen his skills. Couple that with his lack of real trainers around him since firing Greg Nelson and you have a guy that will never accomplish half of what he has the potential to. If Brock comes back, and I mean really comes back with a full training camp at ATT, Greg Jacksons, or Tristar, he certainly has what it takes to climb up the ladder.

And I think Dana knows that too. He knows that Brock Lesnar is never going to be able to beat Dos Santos.

Never say never in MMA.

Brock doesn't need to beat Dos Santos if he were to come back. Every fight he's in no matter the opponent will draw 600,000 PPV buys. Just because he likely will not beat JDS doesn't mean he cannot come back and be a main fixture in the division for a few years. So what if he can't beat the champion, 99% of heavyweights in the world won't beat JDS. That has no bearing on whether he returns or not.

But people have laughed Lesnar out of the business.

Anybody laughing at Brock Lesnar is as stupid as they are ignorant and I don't even need to justify why.

If he does go back to the UFC, you can bet that his fee for fighting is going to be a whole lot less than it was previously.

The millions of pay per views he has sold say differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back