• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock Lesnar's next opponent rumored to be...

jmt225

Global Moderator
.... Shane Carwin at UFC 106.

2cwttax.jpg

Sources close to MMAMadness.com are reporting that negotiations are underway for Brock Lesnar to make his first official title defense against Shane Carwin at UFC 106 on Nov. 21, at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV.

Carwin had been scheduled to take on AKA fighter Cain Velasquez in October at UFC 104. But the UFC has opted to change course.

Velasquez is reportedly healthy, and his management, Zinkin Entertainment, has not heard any news regarding the bout being scratched.

Minnesota MMA confirmed our sources by tweeting the news Wednesday night.

UFC 106 takes place Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas NV.

Here are other rumored matches for the event:

Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman

Jon Fitch vs. Ricardo Almeida

If this is true, then it's odd they would just fuck over Cain Velasquez like that?

Hmm... maybe they'll throw a can at Velasquez, let him get another win, and then give him a shot at the winner of Lesnar/Carwin. Makes sense. I mean, both Velasquez and Carwin are on huge win streaks and it didn't make much sense for them to fight each other in the first place because it just sets one of the top UFC Heavyweights, which they're lacking at the moment, back a couple of steps. There's no point in that. I guess since Dana didn't get Fedor, it made him realized that the UFC HW Division is starting to become limited again in their options of true contenders.

Anyway, as far as the fight itself... as you can see, Carwin is a big, strong dude. He's listed at 6'4, but that's a load of bullshit. Lesnar definitely has the height advantage. But strength, you never know, could go to Carwin. Nevertheless, this is your classic match-up of Striker vs. Wrestler.

Carwin is undefeated at 11-0, finishing every single one of his fights in the 1st Round. Pretty incredible, huh? Thing is... he's never been in there with the type of beast like Lesnar. Then again, maybe you can argue that Lesnar hasn't been in there with the type of beast like Carwin. It's hard to tell because even though Carwin's record is extremely impressive, none of those wins were against anyone worth a damn, except Gabriel Gonzaga. However, if Carwin is able to stop Lesnar's takedowns and keep the fight standing... you never know what may happen.

But I still have to take Lesnar. He just looked too damn good against Mir for me not to. Should be one hell of a fight if it happens though. That plus Tito/Coleman being on the card just very well make this event bigger than UFC 100.

I've personally never seen one of Carwin's fights. He looks pretty tough, though. But you saying that he could have the strength advantage is a bit laughable. I'm not anyone has the strength advantage in UFC over Brock Lesnar. He's weighed at 265, but probably gets up around 290 pounds for a fight. Just take a look at him:

brock-lesnar-champion.jpg

Brock is a monster.

As for the fight, well, I've never bet against Brock Lesnar. He's just too good, too strong, too fast, too tough. He's the perfect human, and I don't see him being dethroned for a long time.

I don't see how it's laughable if someone can be stronger then Lesnar. I would say he's just as strong, Carwin that is, just not as quick or as agile as Lesnar. Carwin actually has bigger hands then Lesnar, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was stronger then Lesnar.

I heard the rumor about this fight, but have yet to see official confirmation on it. I would be more interested to see Carwin Vs. Lesnar, then any other fight for Lesnar in the UFC since Lesnar would have to face someone of his relative size. Meaning Lesnar can't run around manhandling Carwin like he has his other opponents not named Randy. We'll finally probably see more then few seconds of Lesnar's stand up in this fight. With both being wrestlers, and pretty big, I imagine both would be able to nullify each others takedowns. If this fight does stay on the feet I see it ending quick. Both probably don't have amazing technique, but when your hands are as big as theirs, It takes one punch to end your night.

I'm hoping Carwin clinches Lesnar and knocks him out with some dirty boxing like he did to Gonzaga.

Well this is dissapointing in a way, because I was looking forward to the Cain Velasquez fight, alot actually, but oh well, this should be a very interesting fight.I'm predicting a Brock Lesnar win all the way here, sure Carwin is a monster, and is very powerful to say the least, but he is also fighting a monster in Lesnar and Lesnar is a monster who can out wrestle him at that. I don't think all is cloudy for Carwin because he could definitely walk the victor if the fight stays standing,but I don't see that, I see Brock successfully taking him to the ground as quick as possible. If this fight goes past the first round I would bet my life that Lesnar takes it, Carwin is completely untested in extended battle, and only has one "notable opponent" in Gabe Gonzaga, which is really pushing it as a notable fighter.

As for Velasquez, I agree with JMT, he should fight some tool just to get a another notch on his record , then after Lesnar vs Carwin fight ,launch him back into the title scene.

Me pretty much just breaking ground into MMA and being green to alot of the fighters in it, have never heard of Shane Carwin before. He looks like a pretty big dude, and if what fellow posters are saying about his strength and size then Brock Lesnar might be in for one damn good fight. Like someone above posted, I just can't bet against Lesnar, he's too good. He has absoulutely INSANE speed for a man his size, his wrestling skills are almost untouchable, and he's just a great, well-rounded fighter. I think both are gonna battle and beat the hell out of each other, at least let's hope for that. Kind of weird that they'd do that to Velasquez, we'll see how that pans out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back