[Bound For Glory] Jeff Hardy v. Austin Aries (C) [World Heavyweight Championship]

Who wins?

• Jeff Hardy

• Austin Aries

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
ImpactWrestling.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bound For Glory 2012
Jeff Hardy v. Austin Aries
TNA World Heavyweight Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bfg_hardyaries.jpg

bfg_tnahof.jpg

"Bound For Glory,” presented by Direct Auto Insurance, will be held live
at the Grand Canyon University Arena starting at 5pm local time with doors
opening at 3:30pm MST. Continuing the celebration of ten years of Total
Nonstop Action, this will be the biggest weekend of the year for the superstars
of IMPACT WRESTLING.

The weekend will feature expanded activities in the Phoenix area, including
a special “Bound For Glory Fan InterAction” and the inaugural annual TNA
Hall of Fame induction.* As announced at “Slammiversary” in June, the
first-ever inductee is “The Icon” Sting.

bfg-bfgweekend.jpg

[YOUTUBE]AO2-jOCWZK8[/YOUTUBE]

All discussion here.​

In the last ppv thread I had said Jeff hardy was my pick to win the tournament, and I think he will take the next step and win the World Title as well. It just seems like Hardy is going to come full circle and be on top. He had a crazy year and a half with the drugs then coming back, and it looks like he is ok now. To win the title would be huge for him, and I think that is the BFG moment they are going to go for.

It is too soon for me to vote. But, I will chime in now and later.

Jeff Hardy is the most over person in TNA Wrestling. Austin Aries is the most over for TNA in the IWC. I think Aries has yet to earn his keep in the main event division. The only person he has defended against is Bobby Roode. Jeff Hardy has regained the respect of many in the back and many fans. He deserves this title match just as much as anyone else. He has earned it, too.

Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy will certainly be an amazing match up. It has potential to steal the show; and be match of the night. Ofc, we don't know any of the other matches just yet. But, the two's ring styles are more similar than they are different. The high fly, high risk, high reward in-ring style has won each of them may matches.

The thing that TNA always seems to do good at is having a Face vs. Face feud. Aries is above Hardy's level on the mic, but Jeff can hold his own. They are bound to have some amazing interactions. But, they still need a selling point. They need to find a focus that makes these two want to beat the other. Yeah, the TNA Title is on the line, but I think they need a more in-depth reasoning to add to the build. It is the build of this match that can sell Bound For Glory.

I will come back to this thread as BFG nears and give a prediction. But, as of now it too soon.

I don't want to see Jeff HARDLY win.

I'm sorry, but this current gimmick for him is weak.

He's probably the 2cd or 3rd best talent in TNA right now as far as mic skills go and he never uses them. I loathe this quiet Jeff Hardy that is living on his namesake right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Jeff Hardy fan. Him and Matt are why I really got into wrestling in the mid 90's but this today is ridiculous on who he's become.

Let Aries keep it and give Jeff his persona back!

I want Aries to win in one. Jeff is over without question, and is talented. But I like Aries as the champ more so. He can go in the ring and is a superb talker on many levels. He lost some steam since winning the belt, and perhaps he could go back to being heel at BFG. Who knows really? Should be a fun match though.

Its becoming more and more obvious they aren't going to take the straight up Face vs. Face route here. Which is a good thing.

Aries is getting in touch with his inner heel. As the weeks progress, he see fills with envy. I feel like we may see some hate build between the two and all the emotions burst here at Bound For Glory. Aries feels as if Hardy is stealing his spot light. He feels like he is better than Jeff. And, he wants a career that is as high a caliber as Jeff's. He is envious of Jeff Hardy.

Hardy simply want the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. He has proven himself time and time again in the wrestling industry, but BFG gives him the opportunity to solidify his run in TNA. It gives him another notch on his belt, a notch that Aries so badly wants to prevent.

I am certainly becoming more intrigued in this BFG Title match.

With the way they're booking it, I'm much more sympathetic to a Jeff Hardy win at Bound for Glory. And I think that's the hope of TNA, and the direction they're trying to work the fans towards. With as much as Hogan has put Austin Aries over since the build-up towards Destination X, I'm starting to doubt TNA's resolve in their decision to place the World Title on him. His flaws are starting to surface, and being overshadowed by the BFG series and Aces & Eights tournament hasn't exactly helped him come into his own either. The term "disenchanted" comes to mind. My biggest problem - and one I think TNA is trying to work out right now - is that I don't see a main event, World Champion caliber star in Austin Aries. If Bobby Roode hadn't just held the belt for almost a full year I probably could have, but I find myself missing the leader of the "selfish generation" and his strong presence in the main event picture every month. TNA needs a Champion that stands out, that the fans absolutely love, and that can be the poster boy for the company coming out of Bound for Glory.

Jeff Hardy can be that guy. He's the most over wrestler (I almost would use the term "Superstar", in a good way) on the Impact roster. He's also playing the "one more shot" angle, and has been since returning from taking care of some dark, very personal demons. His return was handled masterfully. Creative didn't try to insult the fans intelligence; we all know what Jeff Hardy has struggled, and where his fault lie. But TNA and Hardy have been very upfront about all of that, and resisted the urge to push him right back into the spotlight so soon. Hardy has worked to build back the trust of the fans, and I'm sure management and some of the boys in the locker room, and Bound for Glory could easily be that story of redemption many fans are craving.

Plus, the BFG Series winner lost last year. If they want any hope at doing it for a 3rd, Hardy should probably win this thing and walk away the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

To me, this is looking more and more like an Austin Aries heel turn at BFG, a la Bobby Roode's victory over James Storm for the TNA WHC after BFG last year. The other route they could go is Hardy wins and Aries turns heel either that night or the following Thursday. Though I feel it would make more of an impact if Aries retains by turning heel. Hardy is over. He always will be. Why not try and get Aries closer to Hardy's level by having him go over? Makes more sense to me that way.

Have Hardy go over Aries later.

I've said it before, face vs. face main events at the big ones never go without a controversial finish -- I think it's a guarantee we'll see some kind of ending like Aries smacking Hardy over the head with the World Title to retain the belt or something like that, turning himself heel. Unless it's going on before another match then I don't think it will matter if we get a normal finish but if it's going on last, they gotta go out with a bang & give us an "OMG" moment to remember the PPV for. Actually how about Bully turns heel on Sting in his match and reveals himself as the leader of A&8, then Aries turns heel in his match & retains and reveals himself as the co-leader of A&8? That would be pretty shocking as hell if that happened, nobody would've expected there to be two leaders behind the group. Whatever happens though, this will be bound to be a hell of a match with their similar in ring styles.

Really looking forward to seeing this match at BFG, Aries and Hardy are both good performers and it looks like Aries will be heel come time for this match to happen, That being said I think Hardy HAS to win the belt here as much as I dont want him to.

Roode won the BFG series last year and lost at BFG, Cant do that again this year or else its gonna be ruined for next year. If Hardy wins it can fully turn Aries heel again and set up a few good matches together for the rest of 2012.

IF Aries is to win I can see him using the Twist Of Fate or Swanton Bomb to put Hardy away just for the HUGE heat it will get him.

I simply cannot call this one. There are so many potential scenarios that could play out here and I cannot work out what I think TNA will go with. Hardy is obviously looking at getting "Redemption" by reclaiming the TNA World Title, Aries is hinting at a full blown heel turn and acheap win here could solidify that, and the whole Aces and 8s storyline could yet be a part of the finish of BFG so I'm struggling to pick a winner here!

Whoever comes out on top, I think it could and should be a show-stealing match. Both Aries and Hardy are great showmen and know how to put on a great match. Their styles should work well together and I expect them to give us a main event to remember.

Winner: Impossible to call.

After weeks of uncertainty, I have decided to go with Jeff Hardy here.

Aries has had a title run that has been mostly overshadowed by the Aces and Eights. It sucks for him, because it could have been so much better. It sure wasn't a bad run, but it wasn't the best either. I think Hardy wins here, and the two can have a rematch. Let Hardy hold the belt for as long as he can. Let Aries stay in the main event. Then, let Aries get a fresh start with the strap later on in 2013.

Hardy wins because it will be a feel GREAT moment for him and all the fans, or "creatures." It has been building and building ever since Hardy cleaned up and returned to Impact. I think the perfect time to crown a new champion is here at BFG.

Prediction- Jeff Hardy

Personally, I think the build for this match has sucked. As with Aries himself, it's pretty much been overshadowed by the Aces & Eights angle. That's not to say that the match itself won't be a lot of fun, as it probably will, but the build left a LOT to be desired.

That being said, I see Jeff Hardy walking away with the strap. Hardy's deal is up before too long and I'm sure TNA will do whatever they can to get him to sign a new contract, including putting him back in the main event as the TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Reportedly, Hardy brings in much more money in terms of merchendise than anyone else on the roster. If the reports are true about what TNA gets in terms of ppv buys and house show attendance, then Hardy's probably the overall biggest money maker on the roster right now.

I think that TNA will go for the feel good moment that a lot of fans want with Hardy walking out the champ. Maybe the third time will be a charm for Hardy as TNA WHC.

I don't care about this match, and the build for Hardy VS Aries has been pretty lackluster. It's not Hardy and Aries' fault. They just had to take a backseat to Aces & Eights, that's all.

It's a shame if Aries' loses the title tomorrow night. Aries' put a lot of hard work into his time as champion this year, but the Aces & Eights storyline overshadowed his entire reign.

Picking the winner is a tricky task, but I'm going with Jeff Hardy. Hardy's contract expires soon, and putting the TNA WHC around his waist could persuade Jeff to stay. In TNA, Jeff has a much better chance of becoming "the top guy." Hardy is a major money-maker for TNA, and he's easily the most over wrestler on the roster.

In WWE, the competition is tougher. He'll have to fight Cena, Punk, Orton, and depending on his future, Ryback. But on the flip-side of that argument, if Jeff wants a bigger paycheck, then a return to WWE would make more sense.

Still, I'm picking Hardy for the win, and he should put on a good show with Aries. Plus, Aries' potential heel turn could provide a more intriguing set of rematches with Hardy.

Here we have the one that will close the show. Not the match that I would have picked for the world title match at the biggest show of the year at all, but it is what TNA decided to give us and it could have been far worse. Aries has been doing a great job as the top guy. Hardy seemed like an odd choice to have win the Bound For Glory series, but it will be good for Aries to retain against him.

Normally I would support the need for the Bound For Glory series winner to win at Bound For Glory, however Aries needs the win more. Hardy will be over with or without this title shot. If Aries is to continue to be pushed as their top guy, then TNA needs to have him retain against guys like Hardy. I expect for this to be one of the better matches of the night. Both guys will move on to other feuds and the biggest show of the year ends as Aries stands voctorious holding up his belt after defending it.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Austin Aries will retain the TNA World Championship.

This would be the perfect chance to put the belt on Hardy. The final champion of his redemption storyline after hitting rock bottom at Victory Road last year and to comeback from that and become the world heavyweight champion. It would be the ultimate feel good moment.

It is for this reason that I think Aries will go over this Sunday and probably not cleanly either. TNA has had a knack for swerving the fans at BFG for awhile now (I mean, if you wanna count the painfully predictable Immortal birth at BFG a couple years ago). We all though Bobby Roode finally winning the big one at last year's BFG and we were all swerved. I have a feeling that Hardy going over seems to be an almost too obvious outcome.

I was looking forward to this match before last Thursdays Impact but after the promo Aries cut at the end of the show which I thought was a great promo and it's got me really excited for this match. I thought that the build for this match has been the BFG Series already starts to build the World Title match months before the BFG PPV and when Jeff won the BFG Series because Aries vs Hardy is a First time match and its happening at the biggest PPV of the Year for TNA. I thought it was smart for them to wait and let Aries cut the promo when he did. I think this is going to be a Great match and potential MOTY candidate. After Thursdays promo I think it really makes sense to have Aries win and Hardy losing wont hurt him as a lose would hurt Aries. Aries wins this match by any means necessary.

I really want to give the win to Aries here but I just can't help but think Hardy wins. Aces and Eights are obviously going to gain the upper hand at BFG and I just don't think TNA are going to have their two biggest matches end with a heel triumphant. Aries should retain here due to his title run so far being very lackluster but Hardy just has so much momentum. I like Aries regardless if he is heel or face but I can't help but think TNA is turning him heel way too similar to WWE's CM Punk. I don't like Hardy, I don't like how this feud has been but on the back burner, and I want Aries to win, but I have to give to Hardy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back