Sandra Bullock

Bette Davis

Ingrid Bergman

Sigourney Weaver

Judi Dench

Audrey Hepburn

Whoopi Goldberg

Elizabeth Taylor

*discussion will be open until Wednesday, June 8th, on which date the polls will open and voting will be permitted. No spamming, no flaming.

I'm backing Jodie Foster. She's been spot on since a very young age and was magnificent in Silence of the Lambs. I love some of the women on this list, but Jodie Foster to me is just so dialed in when she acts.

I'm with Joe here, Jodie Foster all the way. From Taxi Driver through kiddie standards like Bugsy Malone & Freaky Friday to the quirky Hotel New Hampshire to powerhouse performances in the Accused & Silence Of The Lambs to comedy (Maverick), reimagining (Anna And The King), thriller (Panic Room, The Brave One) and, most recently, back to quirky with Mad Mel himself in the Beaver; Miss Foster is phenomenal. Can anyone name a poor performance in the last 35 years?
The_Hotel_New_Hampshire_videoposters_16689.jpg

I like everyone on the list, but for my money, the best actress in the world is Sarah Polley. She's a 32-year-old Canadian actress who's going to win an Academy Award some day, if she can stay out of her own way. By that, I mean that she shuns major roles in order to keep acting in low budget independent films, but most of her work has been amazing. She can say more in a scene without opening her mouth than most actors can by speaking.

Most people don't know who she is, but if she wins an Oscar, remember that you read it here first.:)

polley.jpg

I would go with Kate Winslet, i'm not personally a fan of any of the women on this list aside from Winslet although I have alot of respect for all of them. I like Kate Winslet because she put on such a phenominal performance in Titanic, her wonderful acting is part of what made that movie one of my all time favorites and that is why I have to pick her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back