Batman 3 ( Dark Knight 2?)

So with my new issue of game informer it showed the video gamers of the world a sneak peak into the new Batman video game. So this got me thinking of Chris Nolan's upcoming movie in 2012.
So my questions to you guys are ......

1) What do you think will be the name of the movie?

2) Who should the villains be ? And who would be a great for fit for them in Nolan's Batman universe ?

3) Will this film be another final blunder like most trilogies ?

I personally I have no clue what I would name it or what it would be named , maybe something like the Dawn Of The Dark Knight , something to symbolize the characters growth into what we see in comic books .

Now I think that the Riddler or Hush should be the villains just because they are as close to the realism as Chris Nolan likes in his Batman Universe.

The role of the Riddler or Hush should be played by some one like Tom Hardy , simply he has already worked for Nolan and based on Inception I could see him getting into the role as mentally and physically s Heath did.

Now will this be a blunder , lord I hope not . I think that Nolan and His team of actors and film crew will do another outstanding job as they have in there past films, I just can't see him just going through the motions for the money cause he is expected to help reboot superman ( but that is another thread at another time.)

Ive heard rumors (just rumors dont jump to any conclusions) that the 3rd batman film will be the final one and that its current name is "The Caped Crusader" which idk about i dont care much about the name, but i dont like it that much even if it his one of his nicknames. And I heard they are supposed to have johnny depp as the riddler which would be fucking awesome and phillip seymour hoffman as the penguin. Nolan also said in an interview they may have enough footage of heath ledger to use in the 3rd film as the joker. More then likely killing off his character. Im not too sure what is going to happen in this film but i am anxious to see it as much as anyone im a huge batman fanatic. Im not worried about it though, I have strong faith in nolan. Then again I also had pretty high expectations for spider-man 3 considering venom was in it but we all know how that turned out. And I think its awesome hes rebooting superman as well

If I where going to title this movie, I would call it something like "The Dark Knight: New Dawn", if you remember in TDK one line that kept being repeated through the movie was "It's always darkest before the dawn", so I figure they're prolly going to continue with that theme

As for villains it looks like it's been all but confirmed that Riddler is next in line, and from what I've heard, Joseph Gordan-Levitts is at the top of Nolans list to play him, though Doug Jones, David Tennant, Johnny Depp, Neil Patrick Harris, Michael C. Hall, Hugh Laurie, and Leonardo DiCaprio have all also been rumored to play Riddler as well at one time or another so who knows

I also wouldn't be surprised if Catwoman makes an appearance, my cousin pointed this out to me the other day, there is a line in the movie

Bruce Wayne: How will it hold up against dogs?
Lucius Fox: We talking Rottweilers or Chihuahuas? Should do fine against cats.

now perhaps he's reading a little to much into this, but he believes that could have possibly been a subtle hint that catwoman could be in the next movie

This movie is going to have ridiculously high expectations to live up to, so I think there are going to be plenty of fans who will eagerly rush straight to the internet to bash the shit out of this movie for whatever flaws it may have, I think Nolan will put forth another great fucking movie, he seems to really put a lot of time, effort, & pride into all of his films, so I don't have any doubts this is going to be another good movie

I honestly don't want a third part of the film. I mean, I think that The Dark Knight has raised the bar way to high even for Nolan himself for this next decade. I think he should "retire undefeated". We all know that there is a 99% chance that no matter what Nolan could bring us with the next film, people are going to say "nah! it's a piece of crap! He needs Heath Ledger" and all the blablabla.

However, if I had to pick, I have no freaking idea about the name of the film. The villian? well I would like to see on of this three (not in the same movie of course):
Deadshot, Black Mask and/or the Man Bat. I don't want the riddler, it's too obvious, I want a new fresh villain not so common. I mean do you imagine the Man-Bat lol! Anyway I don't see any actor actually. I don't know much of actors, but this are my thoughts.

From what I've heard, the main plot is going to revolve around The Riddler, played by Johnny Depp. We all know that Depp can play any role handed to him, and the Riddler seems like a perfect fit. I loved The Dark Knight, and I think that they can do a third one, as long as they don't screw up the plot or make it too unbelievable.

I agree with some that after Ledger's portrayal, it is going to be extremely hard to top.... on the other hand I have faith in Nolan... and I don't think he needs to top Dark Knight, just make another great Batman movie, DK would be hard to top anyway cuz if it has the Joker it is automatically hard to top for most in the bat-verse, especially when the Joker was played to, IMO, perfection, but I also thought Liam brought perfection in the first, I jus don't care for Ghul all that much, same for Scarecrow (least till the end), the fact that I absolutely loved that movie too gives me hope for the third tho

1) Have no clue really but The Caped Crusader as one poster mentioned would be a good fit.

2) It seems The Riddler may be top of the list to be in this one and I say Johnny Depp should play him. Depp easily has the looks & skills to play a mad scientist turned villian in a costume. Bane also comes to mind and I would say The Rock cause he has the build for the role. But as the main villian I would like to see are either The Penguin or Mr. Freeze but I would go for The Penguin cause Mr. Freeze especially after how Arnie played him isnt really all that good of a villian and other than Rock who isnt all that great of an actor, is the only I could see play the role of Freeze. So Penguin for sure and I can only really see either Jack Black or Philip Seymour Hoffman play Penguin as they have the looks for the role already but Jack is a comedy actor, dunno how good he would be playing a serious role as a villian, so Philip Seymore Hoffman.

3) No it wont imo. After Ledger's performance as The Joker, I find it will be hard to top or even find another person that can fit The Joker's shoes.

1) What do you think will be the name of the movie?

Now if I was in charge of this thing, I wouldn't call the next movie (because there will be a next one) The Caped Crusader. That sounds a little too sissy for Nolan's portrayal of the franchise. I think they will settle for a name like Gotham or Gotham City. Now THAT is more like it Mr. Wayne.

2) Who should the villains be ? And who would be a great for fit for them in Nolan's Batman universe ?

Honestly, I don't want it to be The Riddler, Catwoman, or The Penguin. I loved how Nolan ventured more into the comic aspect instead of borrowing characters already set up by the likes of Tim Burton and Schumacher in Batman Begins. I'd like to see him go back to that style he had and introduce unportrayed characters like Hush, The Ventriloquist, or perhaps Lock Up. All three could fit into realism (given that they take a few liberties with Ventriloquist; make him only think the dummy is in charge) and all three fit perfectly in a mob/Arkham escape scenario. Oh and if there was an Arkham escape scenario, a LOT of villains can get a wink to Batman fans out there.

3) Will this film be another final blunder like most trilogies ?

I've never seen a Nolan movie that I didn't like. I do believe this next movie will be his star-studded final achievement with the franchise; even though fans may disagree because of all the hype that was and still is The Dark Knight. I doubt Nolan will disappoint the fans as long as they don't exert themselves over all the possibilities. That only spoils the movie. You know the villains will be played well, the movie will be spectacular, and it's going to make a LLllllllOOOooooTTTttttt of money. What's not to like?

I think they should simply call it "Batman" after all we had Batman Begins so it does make sense... as a 2nd pick I would prefer The Caped Crusader as it was the nickname most commonly associated with the character.

Villains for this movie are tough... They MUST avoid Catwoman... use Talia Al Ghul instead... Also bring back Liam Neeson (you see Ra's Al Ghul meditating before he crashes, hinting at immortality) as the overseer of all the goings on in the previous movie... He wanted to destroy Gotham and after failing to get Bruce to do his bidding ensnared the Joker for example...

My ideal would be to start this movie with a chase/fight of someone like Zasz who was still at large from the first movie... Batman is still trying to "fight crime" while also being chased by police... Gordon is struggling to keep the dogs at bay... from there we get our new gubernatorial candidate, up against Bruce Wayne... current mayor of Gotham Oswald Cobblepot played not by Phillip Seymor Hoffman, but by Toby Jones who appeared in Capote and The Mist... Cobblepot is a benign and popular man who is proud of his birth defects which give him a slightly odd appearance... He is also the nefarious "Penguin", a political kingpin who has manipulated Gotham's system to his own ends and who Batman has been trying to catch for murdering Lucius Fox and Gotham's previous mayor, both crimes attributed to Batman... Bruce is running for Governor to help distance himself fron suspicion as being Batman, as now Harvey Dent is dead, there are few other possible candidates... Bruce meets and falls for Talia, who is working as Penguin's campaign manager... but it is somewhat of a joke campaign.

On election night, Bruce is finally trapped and paraded out to be unmasked prior to the result being announced... Cobblepot, by now revealed to all as "The Penguin" but rendered untouchable by an obscure election law waits for his victory... Suddenly he is assassinated by Talia and her Father, Ra's Al Ghul is revealed as the true mastermind of the Joker's and Cobblepots plots and the previous attack and prepares to kill and unmask the Batman as a lesson to the world... Gordon and his police are seemingly powerless to stop the leauge of Shadows from decimating the populace on Ra's command... the citizens cower in their homes as they watch the TV paralyzed in fear... Batman is mortally wounded by Ra's Al Ghul's sword... only to be unmasked as Alfred Pennyworth... At that moment the real Batman storms city hall tearing through the ninja and subduing Talia... the final battle sees Gordon's forces finally turn the tide... he witnesses a young boy's family being murdered... He saves the teen boy and brings him to city hall in time to see Bruce finally defeat Ra... One camera is still rolling and Gotham witnesses Batman's true heroism... as Batman comforts a dying Alfred he removes his mask... Just as Gordon shoots the camera, preserving Batman's identity... Bruce tells Alfred it's over and they can go back to being a family only for Alfred to say Gotham needs Bruce Wayne more than ever... and its Caped Crusader... and you will find a family before passing away... Final shot is and Bruce and the boy (obviously the future Robin) shaking hands...

Thats how I'd do it anyways...

Will it flop? I doubt it... will it have the benefit of the buzz of Heath Ledger's death... only if by some twist of fate Michael Caine dies before release...

1. 'Knightfall' would probably be a good one. Not in reference to the story arc from the comics, just because it'd kinda fit in with the themes used in the previous film, and since Bat's war on crime never ends, there is no dawn to get brighter, so it'd signify that this is Bruce's life forever now.

2. It'll be Riddler and someone else.

Here's why certain villains will never be used.

-Black Mask. What's realistic about a guy whose face is a burnt skull?
- Hush. What sort of introduction would you give him? Did you people actually read 'Hush'? Did you forget that his initial debut features him manipulating the entire rogues gallery at once, including Jason Todd, who no one but Ra's and Talia even knew was alive again? So pray tell, how exactly would you introduce Thomas Elliot, Bruce Wayne's childhood friend into this film without butchering the character?
-Man-Bat. Seriously, why would you even want to watch a film based on that? Kirk Langstrom isn't even evil!
-Clayface. Super powers are a no no in Nolan's Gotham.
-Poison Ivy. See above
-Mr. Freeze. See above

And then people suggest Deadshot and Lock-Up? Why not have fuckin' Catman or the Cavalier or Amygdala while we're at it?

They could use......

Penguin Mob boss with a legitimate business within Gotham, easily done. No need for the flippers etc, just have a short fat guy that waddles and carries an umbrella. You don't even need it to have weapons in it.
Mad Hatter If Bruce Wayne can make a computer that gives him real time virtual images of the entire city in order to pinpoint someone's location using phone signals, then Jervis Tetch can mind control people with circuit cards.
Bane Super-Roided up assassin. Just don't make him a drooling idiot, and he MUST attempt to cripple Batman, otherwise don't bother.
Hugo Strange Working with Riddler, they could both work together to realise Batman's identity, but it's Riddler who is the main threat, because, i don't know he threatens to kill the Mayor if Bat's doesn't solve a riddle or something.....

3. Don't care who plays what. They've made stellar casting choices in both the first two films (well, except for Michael 'One accent fits all' Caine as Alfred, of course).

Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow = Awesome choice.
Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Guhl = Awesome choice.
Heath Ledger as The Joker = No one would believe it, but it turned out to = awesome choice.
Aaron Eckhart as Two Face = Never heard of him before TDK, but it was still a great choice.

And even the mob bosses, Falcone (Tom Wilkinson) and Maroni (Eric Roberts) were great choices.

What i will say though, is that there is no need to have anyone even attempt to replace Heath Ledger for The Joker. Don't even fuckin' show him on screen. Have him sat in the dark in his cell at Arkham, deliver a few lines, and that'd be enough.

Personally, my ideal ending would depict Bats dragging an unconscious Riddler, battered and bloody, through Arkham Asylum, with shots of random cells as the inmates press up against the glass to see who the 'new fish' is. Scarecrow can show his face, and Zsasz could appear again, maybe even show some of those other random villains that they'd never consider for a main role, and then show Bats throwing Nigma into his cell. And as Bats is leaving, have Joker say something like 'It's not over yet Batsy. Not by a long shot!' or something, and the final shot is Bats walking down the corridor towards the camera, with all the inmates screaming at him, and Joker laughing over the top of it all, meaning the last thing you see is the Bat symbol, and the last thing you hear is the Joker.

Ends the trilogy, but not the story (because fuck, it'll never end).

It has been announced that Tom Hardy will be in a lead role in the new Batman movie. It doesn’t say he is the villain, but that will be his most likely role.

So what to you think?

I thought Tom was great in Inception. I like him a lot as an actor, and in August there was a rumor that he would be in the role of the Riddler for the new movie. I think of Tom as more of an action guy, which would not be the Riddler, but I still think he could pull it off.

I have 150 % faith in this movie. Nolan has only made great movies and this will be no different. He understands that story and character development comes first. He doesn't think like other blockbuster directors. He thinks like an indy film director, and thats why hes so great.

I believe that Hardy would make a great Joker but I always liked the rumored casting a Paul Giamati as the Penguin...the penguin is just an ok bad guy though but with Nolan he might be decent.

I believe that Hardy would make a great Joker

There is no way he will play Joker. After the job Heath did, you probable will not see Joker in any of the future Nolan Batman movies.

I also think the logical addition to the third movie would be Catwoman. In this move you will have to add a new villain and a new love interest, and this character would do both, I just don't know who would play her.

The situation I keep of thinking of why so many people assume The Riddler will take up the role of head villain in this film? While no doubt we had Michael Caine and Gary Oldman speak about him, the script is still in final editing and we just had one casting of Tom Hardy who will no doubt make a great contribution to the film. The problem I see with people jumping on The Riddler bandwagon is simply because he's the next villain after Joker who's cold and calculating, basically taking up the other alternative to Joker knowing we won't see him in this film. Equally we've seen this in Batman Begins with Raz Al Ghul who was leading the League of Shadows, so far the two main villians have been thinking villains while the other two (Scarecrow and Two-Face) had seperate agendas at hand.

I don't think Batman 3 will be a flop, as for the title, I don't think The Caped Crusader will be the title as it really makes me think of the campy 60s Adam West Batman which Nolan wants to stick away from. What this film needs is to show how much Gotham needs Batman despite him being on the run, so there needs to be a showing of some key villains, maybe to the point of Batman making minor alliances with such as The Penguin, we saw it somewhat when Batman goes after members of the Mob in the other two films to get information, even that small amount of screentime would work for such a villain.

But the more I think about it, the more I think that while I expect to see involvement of The Riddler, I cannot see him as the main guy who's holding Gotham to ransom like The Joker did or have the plans like Al Ghul did, I would guess him as being the minor villain at best who's challenging Batman but not the actual guy that he needs to take down. I'm not sure who I would want to expect to see in that position but I really don't see it being The Riddler in Nolan's World. I'll come back to this once more information is available.

It has been announced that Tom Hardy will be in a lead role in the new Batman movie. It doesn’t say he is the villain, but that will be his most likely role.

So what to you think?

I thought Tom was great in Inception. I like him a lot as an actor, and in August there was a rumor that he would be in the role of the Riddler for the new movie. I think of Tom as more of an action guy, which would not be the Riddler, but I still think he could pull it off.

Well Rumors are he's playing a villain, and the Riddler role is still being rumored to be going to Joseph Gordon-Levetts, which means they would need to cast Hardy as a different villain, personally I would most like to see them cast him as Hush, Hush is one of the few newer villains that have really forced their way into the iconic hero's rogues gallery. Where Hush is different from other Batman villains is that he is a more realistic villain, which is something Nolan tends to look for when picking his Batman villains. A childhood friend of Bruce Wayne's, Tommy Elliot comes from a broken home and has murderous tendencies that sees him kill his father and nearly kill his mother if not for Thomas Wayne.

Hush was always jealous of Bruce Wayne and is a perfect mirror for what Wayne has become in his adult life. Both have trained their bodies to the peak of human conditioning, have excellent detective skills and have vast monetary resources to draw from. The manipulative nature of Hush could also lead to intriguing storylines with Batman's own allies turning against him.

Great story and movie suggestion. The good thing about this movie appears to be they are not mad after 3D thing yet. I will watching Batman 3 with some mind blowing stunts with realistic approach and a story that makes feel involved. Above all the movie should not be made in a manner that it works as a propeller engine to another sequel.

According to some rumors The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) 2012 movie will have Riddler over Joker while Penguin and Catwoman will take a back bench to make space for some other villains. And it won't be any 3D movie only to make a way for high-definition approaches.

Christopher Nolan has finally broken silence regarding Batman 3, giving away the title of the film and who is not appearing.

Firstly let's get to the title it is:
The Dark Knight Rises

Simple really, and going along with what some people were hoping, ties in with the other films as well. The name does sound anti-climatic, but then what can you do with a follow up to BB and TDK? Might sound anti-clamatic but it's the route we're going.

With regards to the villain we can confirm that:
The Riddler will NOT feature!

I am pleased to hear this really as many were expecting it but if we give the people what they want, they will only be disappointed. A good move because it means we got things on the edge of our seats.

Rumours have read out that Nolan is searching for a female lead, could this mean that we might see a female villain in the mix as well? As I said before (I think on here), there needs to be a female for Batman to play off of, teasing on the element that he lost the love of his life but keeping him in line. Certainly things are getting interesting...

Christopher Nolan has finally broken silence regarding Batman 3, giving away the title of the film and who is not appearing.

Firstly let's get to the title it is:
The Dark Knight Rises

Simple really, and going along with what some people were hoping, ties in with the other films as well. The name does sound anti-climatic, but then what can you do with a follow up to BB and TDK? Might sound anti-clamatic but it's the route we're going.

With regards to the villain we can confirm that:
The Riddler will NOT feature!

I am pleased to hear this really as many were expecting it but if we give the people what they want, they will only be disappointed. A good move because it means we got things on the edge of our seats.

Rumours have read out that Nolan is searching for a female lead, could this mean that we might see a female villain in the mix as well? As I said before (I think on here), there needs to be a female for Batman to play off of, teasing on the element that he lost the love of his life but keeping him in line. Certainly things are getting interesting...

Hmm, that is not at all what I expected for the title. Makes it sound like a sequel instead of it's own film. I was really hoping for something like "Gotham" or "Gotham City", based on the fact that the city is now against Batman and it many ways, the police force could be used as an anatgonist.

As for the villain, it's bittersweet. I would have liked to have seen Nolan do a darker Riddler and gotten away from the campy style of Frank Gorshin and the comedic, Joker-esque portrayal by Jim Carrey. It really could have been a psychological thriller with a good story. I was also really excited for Joseph Gordon-Levitt to perhaps don the green suit, as he is one of the fastest rising stars in the business.
On the flip side of that, we have opened up numerous possibilities because Riddler was far and away the prime suspect for villain in most people's eyes. If Nolan stays true to form then he'll try to keep things real and stay away from villains such as Clayface and Poison Ivy. I think perhaps a Killer Croc being a guy with a skin condition is possible, but mostly as a minor villain and not the guy. I would personally love to see the film involve Hush, Black Mask, and maybe even Red Hood as a nod to the Joker without having to recast someone as the Joker himself. I think one of the most important elements of the last two films has been the mob, and Batman (and Dent in TDK) trying to take them down. What better way to finish off that story than to get a supervillain based in reality who is known for leading the mob?

I would like to see the Riddler in Nolan's universe. As other's have said a darker more psychological character than the teeheehee style of previous incarnations.

But would not want it to be played by Johnny Depp. Or Eddie Murphy (how the hell did that become a rumour?)

I think that the best thing they could do is have the main plot focus on Batman himself. Instead of having a big villain, have someone like the Penguin or the Riddler who play a a minor yet influencial role on the movie.Riddler would be awesome of he did something like what he did in the game Arkham Asylum. Isn't really involved in what's going on,but still causeing shit anyways. I think this movie should be about Bruce Wayne coming to understand and fully accept what it means to be Batman. The Dark Knight ended in a way that kind of hints that he fully understand his position, but now they need for him to fully accept that, and for Gotham to accept it as well. Although, Gotham never really accepts Batman anyways, but at least come to some understanding about what Batman is to their city.

I would also like to make it clear that in no way should the joker appear in this movie. His presence should be the effects that the city is still feeling for all the chaos he caused, but leave him physically away.

This pending film and Arkham city have me so damn pumped.Just good shit.Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back