The Dark Knight: Contains Spoilers

Yeah ther is no way this movie will be a bust. And i'm not dissing all the other people who played the Joker but Ledger just makes him seem real like thats really how the Joker really was not like Nicholson's Joker was or that Ceasers dudes Joker. Not saying them guys didn't do a good job playing the Joker they played it good cause thats how they was suppose to play it but thats not really how the Joker acted.

Then if that was the case why didn't they have Levitt play the Joker instead of Ledger?

Probably because Ledger was slightly older, and a bigger star. He's also an Oscar nominee. For films like this they like to add actors who've been nominated. It makes the producers feel that their film has weight. After all, it is just a comic book film.

And not to be racists or anything i'm really not but i mean come on why can't a black dude play Joker? I mean in the comics they never showed Joker's real face so we don't know if he is white or black. And black people have funny sounded voices too.

The Joker is white. He always has been. It would probably be more trouble that it's worth. Robin was supposed to be in Batman Returns. I believe it was Keenen Ivory Wayans who was going to play him. Fans were up in arms. As most people don't like Robin and they reacted like that. Imagine how they'd be if they chose a black man to play the biggest and best bad guy in comic book history.

Probably because Ledger was slightly older, and a bigger star. He's also an Oscar nominee. For films like this they like to add actors who've been nominated. It makes the producers feel that their film has weight. After all, it is just a comic book film.

Yeah but Levitt you said was a better actor so...

The Joker is white. He always has been. It would probably be more trouble that it's worth. Robin was supposed to be in Batman Returns. I believe it was Keenen Ivory Wayans who was going to play him. Fans were up in arms. As most people don't like Robin and they reacted like that. Imagine how they'd be if they chose a black man to play the biggest and best bad guy in comic book history.

And Keenan Ivory Wayans isn't that good of an actor so thats proably why plus its not his skin color that don't make him look right as Robin, its him himself. He just doesn't fit the Robin persona. Now Will Smith at that time would have fit Robin persona.

Plus if they get a black guy who can act good like Will Smith or Denzel Washingston it should not matter what their skin color is. They could play Joker especially if they have that crazy/insane shit going on to and those two can pull that off if they are good actors.

Also Jake i heard Damon Wayans was originally gonna play the Riddler. But they gave it to Jim Carey instead. Anyway i just read on the internet that they was originally gonna go with the Batman Year One script but it had too much violence and it would not go well for the children.

Less than a week away!!!

Has anyone seen the new Two-Face pics yet? He looks soooooooooooo awesome.

What's this about Damon Wayans originally playing Riddler? It's bad enough Mr. Jones had to bastardize Two-Face the way he did (although, I'm sure Schumaker's really to blame).....but a black Riddler?

Now, I'm not trying to sound racist.....but there's just some things that you need to keep the way they arel.

-No cheesey "ice" references if you're Mr. Freeze
-No Bat-nipples on the Bat-suit
-No Joel Schumaker.....ever
-No black Bat-villains

All come on whats wrong with the black bat villians? If they can act then they are good. And Damon Wayans would have been good i mean he is just as funny as Jim Carrery and thats all he did as the Riddler was mostly crack jokes. Oh yeah i also found out before they was gonna make Batman Begins, they was gonna make a 5th Batman movie with Clint Eastwood playing Batman and it was gonna take place in the future with Batman being old.

All come on whats wrong with the black bat villians? If they can act then they are good. And Damon Wayans would have been good i mean he is just as funny as Jim Carrery and thats all he did as the Riddler was mostly crack jokes. Oh yeah i also found out before they was gonna make Batman Begins, they was gonna make a 5th Batman movie with Clint Eastwood playing Batman and it was gonna take place in the future with Batman being old.

There is no problem with Black Bat Villains, but the big thing is (drum roll please) can you name me one Black Bat Villain, and then could you name me one Black Bat Villain that is worthy enough to be placed into a Batman movie.

Damon Wayans as the Riddler would have been terrible, but since Batman Forever sucked I guess it wouldn't have been too big of a deal. You don't go against type casting that badly. Michael Clark Duncan as the Kingpin? Sure Duncan is pretty good, but terrible. You get too far away from the source material, you piss people off. The only reason a Sam Jackson works as Nick Fury is because Marvel at least rebooted there Ultimates storyline with Fury as a black man. If not, questionable casting call. What next, an Islamic Magneto? An Irish Mandarin?

The Clint Eastwood thing was a wild rumor of the Dark Knight Returns or whatever Frank Miller book it was getting made into a film, which thankfully that didn't happen.

There is no problem with Black Bat Villains, but the big thing is (drum roll please) can you name me one Black Bat Villain, and then could you name me one Black Bat Villain that is worthy enough to be placed into a Batman movie.

Damon Wayans as the Riddler would have been terrible, but since Batman Forever sucked I guess it wouldn't have been too big of a deal. You don't go against type casting that badly. Michael Clark Duncan as the Kingpin? Sure Duncan is pretty good, but terrible. You get too far away from the source material, you piss people off. The only reason a Sam Jackson works as Nick Fury is because Marvel at least rebooted there Ultimates storyline with Fury as a black man. If not, questionable casting call. What next, an Islamic Magneto? An Irish Mandarin?

The Clint Eastwood thing was a wild rumor of the Dark Knight Returns or whatever Frank Miller book it was getting made into a film, which thankfully that didn't happen.

Wasn't Killer Croc a black guy? I don't really remember. I always liked Killer Croc, I would have liked to have seen him in a movie. Course, now that they've moved towards a more realistic franchise, the chances of seeing Killer Croc is pretty slim. But still, he could be played by a black man.I even know exactly who to cast. I can see it now... Ahmed Johnson as Killer Croc. lol

I did some research for the Killer Croc question. Unfortunately, it's never said whether which race category he fell under....due to his origin never really being fully revealed. However, I guess it could've gone either way.....but the point is, from day 1, Croc was always green, so that doesn't really count.

The only black Bat-character around these days is Lucius Fox.

Look color or race should not be an issue if they can act then they should be able to play the part. Race or color would have nothing to do with it. And really the only people who would have a problem with the thing is nerds no offense to anybody on here who is one i'm just saying. And i know they make up some percentage of superhero movies but casual comic book fans do too. And if the movie is good it also should not matter.

Look color or race should not be an issue if they can act then they should be able to play the part. Race or color would have nothing to do with it. And really the only people who would have a problem with the thing is nerds no offense to anybody on here who is one i'm just saying. And i know they make up some percentage of superhero movies but casual comic book fans do too. And if the movie is good it also should not matter.

No company is going to risk alienating the core group of fans that are going to be repeat viewers is what it comes down to. Comic book movies are popcorn flicks, nothing more, nothing less. They aren't meant to break down barriers, they are there to get viewers, and hope that those viewers spread the word of mouth to get more viewers in.

If you piss of your core by completely changing a character, you are going to piss that core of nerds off. If that core is pissed, and they don't spread the word, that movie doesn't make any money. By changing the Joker to say, a black man, would piss people the hell off, and it has little to do with race. It has everything to do with fanboys wanting there movies to be as true to the source as possible.

I do think they could have gotten away with casting a black actor in the role of Harvey Dent. Dent's ethnicity has changed from medium to medium anyway. In the comics, he was white, but in the 1989 Batman movie, a pre-Two Face Harvey Dent was played by Billy Dee Williams, who could have easily reprised his role in Batman Forever, instead of Tommy Lee Jones, (but, I suspect TLJ was cast more because he was hugely popular at the time, Williams wasn't. It was a money decision, not a racially motivated one.) Harvey Dent/Two Face was also black in the Brilliantly done Batman: The animated series.

Best post ever! Shocky you are right and let me tell you why. Go back to 1989 Batman and they had a Harvey Dent character in there and he was black. Now I know society makes ppl say that it doesn't matter but it does! The only black character in the Batman saga is Lucious Fox and that is the way the original writers intended and that is the way ot has to stay. I am very much looking forward to seeing Aaron Eckhart's performance as Harvey Dent-Two Face. I believe that it will be much better than Tommy Lee Jone's performance and I believe that he will steal the show after Joker is done. I have been waiting for this movie for 3 years and I am 11 days from seeing it. I am seeing it on the 22nd of July because next weekend I will be in Vegas for my 21st and the 22nd is the day we are gonna see Dark Knight and then I will get hammered legally right after. I plan on rewatching Batman Begins right before I watch this. I can't wait.

Killer Croc is in the Gotham Knight shorts. I don't see whty they can't add him to a future film. Batman has a supernatural element anyway. I'm sure the Lazarus Pit will appear in future films.

Apparently Nolan said that if he did return for a third there would be no Penguin or Catwoman. I can undertand Catwoman. But they should add Penguin. Not as the main villain, that should be Black Mask. But as a small character. He doesn't need to be anything other than a short, fat man. Nobody expects a deformed man like in Returns. I'm suggesting Timothy Spall. No make up, just as he is.

timothy-spall2.jpg

Well since Sneak Peaks are beginning tonight, and essentially the film is out there, it's time to make this thread a spoiler thread. I won't be in it again until I see the movie, then I'll be back in here to clean house. So don't read any further if you don't wish to be spoiled, it is on you at this point.

Killer Croc is in the Gotham Knight shorts. I don't see whty they can't add him to a future film. Batman has a supernatural element anyway. I'm sure the Lazarus Pit will appear in future films.

Apparently Nolan said that if he did return for a third there would be no Penguin or Catwoman. I can undertand Catwoman. But they should add Penguin. Not as the main villain, that should be Black Mask. But as a small character. He doesn't need to be anything other than a short, fat man. Nobody expects a deformed man like in Returns. I'm suggesting Timothy Spall. No make up, just as he is.

timothy-spall2.jpg

OMG, yes!! I love Black Mask, he's such a great villain, it's such a shame they don't use him outside of the comic books. He's easliy one of Batman's Ten Biggest Baddies. I'm not sure if he would be the main villain though, because I'm sure they plan on using Two-Face more in the third one. But Black Mask's backstory fits perfectly into a realistic approach to the story, seeing as his family were "friends" with Thomas Wayne. And a team-up between Two-Face and Black Mask would be epically evil.

And you're right about Penguin as well, he can be normal-looking and not deformed, that was just something Tim Burton did for the movie. Plus, Penguin is a criminal right along the lines of the gangsters, he runs rackets out of his legitimate businesses. PLUS, in the comics, he sometimes did business with... Black Mask.

And didn't Black Mask run a Cosmetics company that created a toxic form of make-up? Well hell, tweak a few backstories round and you ALSO could get Clayface into the series.

Timothy Spall would be a great casting choice for Penguin, but if you wanteda more human, gentlemanly-like Penguin, I would go with Bob Hoskins.

I always thought it's be fun to cast Kevin Bacon as Clayface, seeing as it'd be a popular character actor portraying a villain who originally a character actor.

Who would you cast as Black Mask? I know it's not too much of a big deal, seeing as he wears a mask, but if they were to do an origin story, or utilize flashblacks? I always though Edward Norton would make a good Black Mask, but if they were to make him a childhood friend of Wayne, then I would cast someone who looks a little closer to Bale's age. Maybe Peter Saarsgard.

There's no other person to go with other than Joseph Gordon-Levitt if they have to recast Joker, IMO. Not only does he have a striking resemblence to Heath Ledger like Jake mentioned, but the dude is a fantastic actor as well. I'm sure he'd do great with that role.

I like the idea of Norton as Black Mask, Papa Shango, but like you said, if they needed someone to play him closed to Bale's age, then I'd go with Kip Pardue. I know he has it in him to pull that off.

As far as Penguin goes, Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be my choice to play him.

I would love to see Catwoman enter the series in the next film, and Kate Beckinsale play her. I realize Halle Berry kind of ruined Catwoman for everyone, but the twisted sexuality of Michelle Pfieffer's character in Batman Returns could easily fit into Nolan's world. It would also provide an interesting counterpoint to the Rachel Dawes character, who represents an almost idealistic view of the world. And the idea of Rachel as "the normal world" and Catwoman as Bruce's "dark fantasies" would be a great idea for a side storyline while Batman battles whoever.

Moreover, I would love to see The Riddler enter the series within the next two films, and James Van Der Beek would be my pick to play him. I am a huge Bret Easton Ellis fan, and Sean Bateman is my favorite character from all his books. And Van Der Beek got that role in Roger Avery's movie adaptation and, shockingly, couldn't have been more perfect for it. If you watch The Rules of Attraction, you'll see that Sean Bateman's characteristics and mannerisms totally would fit what The Riddler's persona would most likely be in a Nolan Batman film.

And lastly, as far as casting an African-American as a villian in a Batman movie, Ving Rhames would be perfect as Bane, in my opinion. He would have to get some of those tattoos covered, but other than that, I think he'd play that role well.

Whoa, you must really like Rules of Attraction. You'd cast both Van Der Beek AND Kip Pardue. I'm suprised you didn't suggest Jessica Biel play Catwoman lol.

I understand why, after Jake miraculous found the perfect picture to use to suggest it, everyone is all of a sudden so high on Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a good replacement as the Joker. He looks ALOT like Heath Ledger, especially if he were in Joker make-up. But personally, not only do I not think that he has the name recognition to bring to the film (most people I know still go "Hey it's the kid from 3rd Rock), but I really don't see him bringing the right stuff to the role. Granted, I haven't seen a whole lot of his stuff (gimme a break, there's hardly an indie cinemaplex around here, and I stopped getting IFC over a year ago). Everything I've seen him in is as a good guy, or some sort of protagonist. Every role I've seen of his, I can't help but feel this charm emanating from him, this likability, that I don't think he would be able to shake off while playing the Joker. Please, if anyone can direct to a performance of his that proves otherwise, please do so.

Really, for such a big film, it is essentially required by the studio, to hire "name" actors. I know that there has been leniency in what qualifies as a "name" actor knowadays, now that production budgets have ballooned to a point where it is simply not in the budget to hire Jack Nicholson in every big movie. But even still, the studio would easily reject Levitt anyway, so why bother putting him in the discussion. I prefer to look at things realistically, and realistically, with the direction the series is taking, the most possible canidate for the role, SHOULD they decide to bring Joker back, would be a "name actor", like Oscar Winner Benicio Del Toro. He'll probably be very exposed after Wolf Man comes out, which will put him in the public eye at right around they time WB's would most likely be casting. OR, if they want someone, closer to Heath's age, to keep the continuity of the film AND the character intact, then maybe someone who as AT LEAST appeared in high-profile films. The first name that pops to mind, in terms of age correlation, exposure and look, would be Nick Stahl. He is 28 now, same age Heath was when he passed, has had roles in both popular fare (Had a supporting role in Sin City, and the lead as John Connor in Terminator 3), critically acclaimed, Academy Award- Nominated films ( a minor role in The Thin Red Line and a lead role in In The Bedroom), starred on HBO's fantastically brilliant, tragically cancelled Carnivale, and has experience playing sadistic psychopaths (Sin City, and the criminally underrated and underseen Bully). And, personally, I think he's got a look that could pass for The Joker.

MV5BMTQ3MzE3NTg3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDU5NDcyMQ

MV5BMTgyNDc5MjAxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTY1NTA2

The same applies wit Kip Pardue. Honestly, this is the first time I've ever seen or heard ANYONE name-drop Kip Pardue, for ANYTHING. Honestly, if Edward Norton either said no, or couldn't do it, then the ONLY other actor that I could see as Black Mask is Peter Sarsgaard. Just dye his hair black, and he's perfect. Then again, he's aged rather quickly the last few years, and may not be able to pull off early thirties anymore. He did Garden State, and looked 25. Now, he's 37 and looks... 37. So maybe, if want someone around Bale's age (34, although personally I don't think he looks any older than a very mature 30), I would cast... Zachary Quinto, who is hiding high as the best villain TV right now, and possibly of the past ten to twenty years, the serial killer Sylar on Heroes. He also will be getting further exposure in film, when he plays Spock in JJ Abrahms' Star Trek prequel.
MV5BMTM5NDIyNjAyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDgxNTk3

Phillip Seymour Hoffma, while a great actor, carries himself in a way that I don't think would be fitting for the Penguin. He's very dry, very white, and even though Penguin is ugly in some adaptations, he is someone who has refined taste and is gentlemanly, even if he is sleazy. I look at Hoffman and always jut see a slob. I stand by my choices of either Timothy Spall or Bob Hoskins as Penguin.

I agree with Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman. She's a great actress, she's hot, she's the same age as Christian Bale, she's really hot, she's good at action, she's smoking hot, and she's got the geeky fanboy following from doing Underworld and Van Helsing. AND... she is SO FUCKING HOT!!

I just don't like James Van Der Beek... in anything. I've given him a try, but I just can't stand him. His best role is, like you said, Rules of Attraction, but even then, his performance, which is supposed to be portrayed as depraved, indifferent, removed, is just... wooden. Why not do a little bit a off beat casting, go maybe just a little humorous with the Riddler. Jim Carrey was a little over the top, but that was how Joel Schumacher wanted it (moron.) Jim Carrey would be capable of pulling off a much darker, sinister, yet still funny Riddler. However, I would give the ball to a new, up-and-coming star, who I think is good at both comedy and drama- Steve Carell. Sure, he's goofy, but he's capable of great performances. Little Miss Sunshine sold me on him as more than just a comedian. The way he can say a line without even speaking, he can just do it with his face (That's what she said!!). His face in the opening of the film, as he stares out the window, is simply heart-breaking. I think he could pull off a fantastically entertaining, possibly slightly macabre, Riddler. However, should the studio look for more conventional casting choices, someone with a high profile and known for strong perfromances, then I would go with Paul Giamatti. Just because they're "prequels", doesn't mean everyone has to be youthful and good-looking.

I wouldn't cast Bane as black neccessarily, although if Ving Rhames can pull off a South American accent, then he'd be perfect. I've always felt that, to do Bane correctly, they'd HAVE to get a big huge Hispanic man to play him, even if that means hiring an unknown actor. ACTOR, not just some big guy they find on the street who has to resort to grunting because his acting sucks so badly. Bane is extremely intelligent, NOT a mindless thug.

Whoa, you must really like Rules of Attraction. You'd cast both Van Der Beek AND Kip Pardue. I'm suprised you didn't suggest Jessica Biel play Catwoman lol.

Well, yeah, lol. And Jessica Biel would definitely be nice to stare at as Catwoman, but I don't think she could pull something like that off. None of the actresses from 'Rules' could, really, even though all of them are good.

I understand why, after Jake miraculous found the perfect picture to use to suggest it, everyone is all of a sudden so high on Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a good replacement as the Joker. He looks ALOT like Heath Ledger, especially if he were in Joker make-up. But personally, not only do I not think that he has the name recognition to bring to the film (most people I know still go "Hey it's the kid from 3rd Rock), but I really don't see him bringing the right stuff to the role. Granted, I haven't seen a whole lot of his stuff (gimme a break, there's hardly an indie cinemaplex around here, and I stopped getting IFC over a year ago). Everything I've seen him in is as a good guy, or some sort of protagonist. Every role I've seen of his, I can't help but feel this charm emanating from him, this likability, that I don't think he would be able to shake off while playing the Joker. Please, if anyone can direct to a performance of his that proves otherwise, please do so.

Well, I've been a Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan for quite some time now. I never watched 3rd Rock from the Sun, but I saw both "Manic" and "Mysterious Skin" back in 2005, and both were fantastic. And then, "Brick" is one of the greatest high school movies ever made, in my opinion, and "The Lookout" was my personal Movie of the Year for 2007. So, you can see, that's he's done a lot of shit these past few years to make me a fan.

As far as his name value you goes... trust me, by the time the next Batman film is released, he'll be a draw by then. He's in the new GI Joe movie, which is of course going to be huge, has an assassination role in a Tarantino produced movie called "Killshot" (though, the release date keeps getting pushed back for some reason), he's going to be playing Leonardo DiCaprio's sidekick in a action movie called "Akria", and he has a couple of other leading roles in the future as well, both indie and mainstream.

And as far as him playing a villain, like I said, the "Killshot" film keeps getting pushed fucking back, but he's obviously a bad guy in that, trying to kill Diane Lane. But really the only film where he plays an asshole that has been released already is "Latter Days", though I wouldn't recommend it to you. There’s a lot, a lot, a lot of uncomfortable gay sex in the movie, and that would be okay if the film wasn't so bad, but it is. Levitt plays a Mormon who you know... doesn't like gay people, and he's really the only thing watchable in the entire movie. There's a scene in particular where his gay next door neighbor comes looking for one of Levitt's roommates (who is also mormon, but starts getting feelings for this guy) and Levitt is a complete dick to this dude and slams the door in his face. It was my favorite scene in the movie, and probably the best showing you'll get of him being a dipshit in a film thus far.

Really, for such a big film, it is essentially required by the studio, to hire "name" actors. I know that there has been leniency in what qualifies as a "name" actor knowadays, now that production budgets have ballooned to a point where it is simply not in the budget to hire Jack Nicholson in every big movie. But even still, the studio would easily reject Levitt anyway, so why bother putting him in the discussion. I prefer to look at things realistically, and realistically, with the direction the series is taking, the most possible canidate for the role, SHOULD they decide to bring Joker back, would be a "name actor", like Oscar Winner Benicio Del Toro. He'll probably be very exposed after Wolf Man comes out, which will put him in the public eye at right around they time WB's would most likely be casting. OR, if they want someone, closer to Heath's age, to keep the continuity of the film AND the character intact, then maybe someone who as AT LEAST appeared in high-profile films. The first name that pops to mind, in terms of age correlation, exposure and look, would be Nick Stahl. He is 28 now, same age Heath was when he passed, has had roles in both popular fare (Had a supporting role in Sin City, and the lead as John Connor in Terminator 3), critically acclaimed, Academy Award- Nominated films ( a minor role in The Thin Red Line and a lead role in In The Bedroom), starred on HBO's fantastically brilliant, tragically cancelled Carnivale, and has experience playing sadistic psychopaths (Sin City, and the criminally underrated and underseen Bully). And, personally, I think he's got a look that could pass for The Joker.

I'm not a big fan of Benicio Del Toro, but Nick Stahl on the other hand... that wouldn't be so bad thinking about it. I first saw him in "Disturbing Behavior" (which, besides his and Katie Holmes' performance, was a real piece of shit), but it was "Bully" where I became a big fan. He was unbelievable in that movie. He was also great as you mentioned in both “In the Bedroom" and "A Thin Red Line". However, I haven’t seen much from him since then.
"Terminator 3" was okay, I couldn't fully sit through "Sin City" (I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I really couldn't get into that for some reason), and unfortunately, I've never watched "Carnivale" (I've never seen any of HBO or Showtime's shows to be honest, even though I'm sure most of them are quite good).

But yeah, Stahl is a very interesting choice I never thought about. He definitely could work as Joker.

The same applies wit Kip Pardue. Honestly, this is the first time I've ever seen or heard ANYONE name-drop Kip Pardue, for ANYTHING. Honestly, if Edward Norton either said no, or couldn't do it, then the ONLY other actor that I could see as Black Mask is Peter Sarsgaard. Just dye his hair black, and he's perfect. Then again, he's aged rather quickly the last few years, and may not be able to pull off early thirties anymore. He did Garden State, and looked 25. Now, he's 37 and looks... 37. So maybe, if want someone around Bale's age (34, although personally I don't think he looks any older than a very mature 30), I would cast... Zachary Quinto, who is hiding high as the best villain TV right now, and possibly of the past ten to twenty years, the serial killer Sylar on Heroes. He also will be getting further exposure in film, when he plays Spock in JJ Abrahms' Star Trek prequel.

The fact that Kip Pardue hasn't become one of Hollywood's biggest stars yet is a fucking travesty. First of all, Roger Avery's film adaptation of "Glamorama", which I DESERPATELY want to happen, and only want it to happen if Kip is Victor, won't get financed because studio execs don't think Kip as a lead role would draw. But also... the guy IS a great actor and it sucks he hasn't gotten any good roles since "The Rules of Attraction". Fuck, in "Remember the Titans" I thought he stole the show, and it was only his SECOND movie. The fact that Ryan Gosling, who is actually pretty awesome, don't get me wrong, went on to have this marvelous career and Kip gets stuck with bullshit role after bullshit role makes me sick.

Anyway, him as Black Mask... I just think it'll work. The dude has one very evil looking smile, is in great shape, and in my opinion is just an all around great actor who works his ass off and has a deep passion for every role he plays. I just know he could pull it off.

But Peter Sarsgaard is an interesting choice. He was great in both "Boys Don't Cry" and "Jarhead", but I haven't seen much from him outside of that. Good actor though, but I'd still prefer Kip over him.

And I don't know anything about Zachary Quinto, really. I'm terrible at following today's television shows, but speaking of Heroes, if they never bring Batgirl to the series (which I doubt happens, thank God), that Hayden Panettiere (sp?) chick would be real nice to star at in that outfit, lol.

Phillip Seymour Hoffma,, while a great actor, carries himself in a way that I don't think would be fitting for the Penguin. He's very dry, very white, and even though Penguin is ugly in some adaptations, he is someone who has refined taste and is gentlemanly, even if he is sleazy. I look at Hoffman and always jut see a slob. I stand by my choices of either Timothy Spall or Bob Hoskins as Penguin.

I think if I had to choose between Spall or Hoskins, I'd go with Timothy Spall. He was great in Sweeny Todd, and like Jake pointed out earlier, if the Penguin ends up being just some small character where he has no real significance, then I'd definitely cast Spall. But if he does somehow becomes important to the series (which I hope not), then I'd still have to go for Hoffman, just for presence.

I agree with Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman. She's a great actress, she's hot, she's the same age as Christian Bale, she's really hot, she's good at action, she's smoking hot, and she's got the geeky fanboy following from doing Underworld and Van Helsing. AND... she is SO FUCKING HOT!!

Yay! We agree on at least one casting. :)

I just don't like James Van Der Beek... in anything. I've given him a try, but I just can't stand him. His best role is, like you said, Rules of Attraction, but even then, his performance, which is supposed to be portrayed as depraved, indifferent, removed, is just... wooden.

Well, hey, that's understandable. I know a lot of people hate him because of all the Dawson stuff (which I was actually a big fan of), but I think he's a great actor. I had zero complaints with his portrayal as Sean Bateman, even though I originally thought he was a terrible choice for the role. I think he's really underrated.

Why not do a little bit a off beat casting, go maybe just a little humorous with the Riddler. Jim Carrey was a little over the top, but that was how Joel Schumacher wanted it (moron.) Jim Carrey would be capable of pulling off a much darker, sinister, yet still funny Riddler. However, I would give the ball to a new, up-and-coming star, who I think is good at both comedy and drama- Steve Carell. Sure, he's goofy, but he's capable of great performances. Little Miss Sunshine sold me on him as more than just a comedian. The way he can say a line without even speaking, he can just do it with his face (That's what she said!!). His face in the opening of the film, as he stares out the window, is simply heart-breaking. I think he could pull off a fantastically entertaining, possibly slightly macabre, Riddler. However, should the studio look for more conventional casting choices, someone with a high profile and known for strong perfromances, then I would go with Paul Giamatti. Just because they're "prequels", doesn't mean everyone has to be youthful and good-looking.

Steve Carell is not a bad choice. He was definitely fantastic in "Little Miss Sunshine", but I'm still not sure of him as Riddler.

As I sit here thinking about it, if I were casting this thing, I actually wouldn't give Ver Der Beek the role (I'd definitely consider him for Zsasz though, as I didn't like the James dude from "Batman Begins"), I'd go with Ben Foster. Another highly underrated actor. He's fucking gold in every single thing he does. "Alpha Dog" showed he can play a complete psycho perfectly while also being a little humorous, he was the only good thing about "30 Days of Night", was tremendous in "3:10 to Yuma", etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Plus, just look at the motherfucker. If this following picture doesn't scream "Riddler", then what does?

396px-Ben_Foster_LF.jpg

I wouldn't cast Bane as black neccessarily, although if Ving Rhames can pull off a South American accent, then he'd be perfect. I've always felt that, to do Bane correctly, they'd HAVE to get a big huge Hispanic man to play him, even if that means hiring an unknown actor. ACTOR, not just some big guy they find on the street who has to resort to grunting because his acting sucks so badly. Bane is extremely intelligent, NOT a mindless thug.

Well you see, Rhames is a good actor in my opinion. Really the only good one currently in Hollywood that has such a huge/intimidating appearance. Muscle heads with actual talent is hard to find these days. Just look at WWE, lol.

Well, I've been a Joseph Gordon-Levitt fan for quite some time now. I never watched 3rd Rock from the Sun, but I saw both "Manic" and "Mysterious Skin" back in 2005, and both were fantastic. And then, "Brick" is one of the greatest high school movies ever made, in my opinion, and "The Lookout" was my personal Movie of the Year for 2007. So, you can see, that's he's done a lot of shit these past few years to make me a fan.
I've seen The Lookout (really good movie) and I've heard of Manic, but I'm not familiar with the other two.

As far as his name value you goes... trust me, by the time the next Batman film is released, he'll be a draw by then. He's in the new GI Joe movie,
Dammit, I keep forgetting he's gonna be in the the GI Joe movie. Well, while that may raise his profile, there's no telling whether this movie will actually be good. I mean, for a long time, it was Hollywood's opinion that a good live-action GI Joe movie just couldn't be done. I mean, how could it possibly be good? t's a GI JOE MOVIE
has an assassination role in a Tarantino produced movie called "Killshot" (though, the release date keeps getting pushed back for some reason),
I've read Killshot. It's a great novel. I don't remember the name of the character he's playing but he's a good character. I don't think Quentin Tarantino is directing it though, I think he's just serving as a producer or consultant. Although, when the release date keeps getting pushed back, that's usually not a good sign.
he's going to be playing Leonardo DiCaprio's sidekick in a action movie called "Akria", and he has a couple of other leading roles in the future as well, both indie and mainstream.
I don't think I'm famliar with this project.

I'm not a big fan of Benicio Del Toro, but Nick Stahl on the other hand... that wouldn't be so bad thinking about it. I first saw him in "Disturbing Behavior" (which, besides his and Katie Holmes' performance, was a real piece of shit),
Disturbing behavior was really bad, I agree. Nick Stahl's perfromance was the only good thing about it, that movie sank so low whenever he wasn't on the screen.
but it was "Bully" where I became a big fan. He was unbelievable in that movie.
Thank you IFC, right? Lol

He was also great as you mentioned in both “In the Bedroom" and "A Thin Red Line". However, I haven’t seen much from him since then.
Yeah, he's only been doing a few projects here and there for some reason. He's don some really small projects lately, some real bombs and stinkers, it's a shame, seeing as he's so talented.

But Peter Sarsgaard is an interesting choice. He was great in both "Boys Don't Cry" and "Jarhead", but I haven't seen much from him outside of that. Good actor though, but I'd still prefer Kip over him.

Sarsgaard's been in a bunch of great movies. Honestly,I thought "Jarhead was one of his lesser movies (though he still a great performance). But he ws fantastic in Garden State, Kinsey, and Shattered Glass, which is possibly his best performance that I've seen.
And I don't know anything about Zachary Quinto, really. I'm terrible at following today's television shows, but speaking of Heroes, if they never bring Batgirl to the series (which I doubt happens, thank God), that Hayden Panettiere (sp?) chick would be real nice to star at in that outfit, lol.
Yeah, she's nice to look at, but I don't think she'd pull in a very strong performance in a Batman film. Her performances on Heroes can sometimes be a little weak.

Well, hey, that's understandable. I know a lot of people hate him because of all the Dawson stuff (which I was actually a big fan of), but I think he's a great actor. I had zero complaints with his portrayal as Sean Bateman, even though I originally thought he was a terrible choice for the role. I think he's really underrated.
I met James Van Der Beek on a plane once. He was as boring in person as he on the screen.

As I sit here thinking about it, if I were casting this thing, I actually wouldn't give Ver Der Beek the role (I'd definitely consider him for Zsasz though, as I didn't like the James dude from "Batman Begins"), I'd go with Ben Foster. Another highly underrated actor. He's fucking gold in every single thing he does. "Alpha Dog" showed he can play a complete psycho perfectly while also being a little humorous, he was the only good thing about "30 Days of Night", was tremendous in "3:10 to Yuma", etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Plus, just look at the motherfucker. If this following picture doesn't scream "Riddler", then what does?

396px-Ben_Foster_LF.jpg

Ben Foster as The Riddler would be pretty good. He's good at that creepy, brooding insanity that I think would be good for the Riddler... or The Joker, for that matter.

Well, I saw it this afternoon, and I was completely and utterly blown away. What a fantastic piece of cinema. All I can say is, every last bit of positive thing every critic said is true. I'd talk spoilers, but I'll wait until someone else says they saw it, and THEN I'll talk spoilers.

Again, just an amazing film.

I saw this Friday pretty okay movie didn't expect Rachael to die or Scarecrow in it I thought the ending was a little questioning like is batman going to be bad guy now?
but i give it a 4.5/5

I haven't seen it but I guessed that Rachaled died in it. I heard that one big character would pop their socks. She's almost the only one who doesn't really serve a purpose. She was only in it so Wayne looks like more of a playboy. You can't have Bruce Wayne without some sort of love intrest. But there was no time for him to just have a casual girlfriend. I'd prefer to watch Katie Holmes die though.

What happens to Scarecrow? I guessed that The Joker would kill him off.

LOL Batman captures him during a routine druge deal at the beginning of the movie. He is dealing with the mob, Batman shows up, whoops ass, and he is captured. About maybe not even 15 mninutes in.

I really wasnt suprised that Racheal died. meh. I WAS suprised however that two face completly comes and goes all in one movie. that was some crazy shit.

Ledger was amazing and carries this movie. Im not sure anyone could ever even think of touching this joker. Maybe Depp could do it. But thats it. he was incredible.

LOL Batman captures him during a routine druge deal at the beginning of the movie. He is dealing with the mob, Batman shows up, whoops ass, and he is captured. About maybe not even 15 mninutes in.

I really wasnt suprised that Racheal died. meh. I WAS suprised however that two face completly comes and goes all in one movie. that was some crazy shit.

Ledger was amazing and carries this movie. Im not sure anyone could ever even think of touching this joker. Maybe Depp could do it. But thats it. he was incredible.

Yeah, it sucks that Two-Face is already done, but I'm still questioning him actually dying. His death isn't officially confirmed at all, and if Batman could survive that fall, so can Dent. But either way, Eckhart was amazing in the role, he and Ledger tie for best performance in the movie.

I could definetely see Depp play the Joker, but I don't think he could be as great as Heath was. Besides, we don't even know how big of a role the Joker will even have in number three.

I liked Scarecrow's little part in it. Cause you know all the fanboys would've been bitching if their was no solid end to Scarecrow. I don't get how he regained his sanity, though. The guy was completely bonkers at the end of Begins.

Which brings me to this, what do you think the title of the third movie will be? I like Shadow of the Bat, and maybe have a plot point being Bruce having to deal with the other aspects of his life being overshadowed by the Batman persona. Sure, it's been delt with in every other Batman medium, but after what happened at the end of TDK, it seems like it would be a bit more prominent then usual. Any other ideas, people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back