• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bacon Bits

Oh it's a veggie thread now. Well on topic I made some fantastic coleslaw this morning. Shredded half a green cabbage, a quarter of a red cabbage and two carrots. Turned out great. Easy as hell to make and with summer coming will be making a lot more salads, once the price of veggies comes down. They are outrageous right now.

I've never tried a Southwest coleslaw, but will next time we have taco's. I love Tex-mex cooking.

Jesus fuck. We don't need a pity party in our vegetables thread.

I'm drinking a cucumber lime Rockstar. It sucks. I like cucumbers a lot, so I figured I'd dig it.

I like the flavor of cucumber lime, but I don't like actual cucumbers. The Undertaker and I have something in common.

No offense Kapu but everyone I know that's been to India, and that includes people that have family there, have reported something called Deli Belly. Seems that it has something to do with the water and or the spices used in cooking.

A bit of both. Usually the water is too contaminated and the food too spicy for Westerners. :p It can be avoided, because these days you have many better places to eat at and less-spicy options to try if you want... but it can be tough to resist the temptation of cheap and mouth-watering food everyday!
Our country has always been pretty bad at sports, but good ol' Delhi belly won us many games back in the days when visiting players used to go for a stroll outside their hotels and ate from random roadside stalls. :lmao:

No offense Kapu but everyone I know that's been to India, and that includes people that have family there, have reported something called Deli Belly. Seems that it has something to do with the water and or the spices used in cooking.

I'm sure what your mom makes is delicious, but us here in North America haven't got the stomachs for that.
Yeah the Indian Spices are very spicy for the lijes of foreigners. But there is an unique taste in it that attracts me alot.

If spices worry you, we have too many sweet dishes like Gulabjamun, Jalebi etc :lmao:

Yeah the Indian Spices are very spicy for the lijes of foreigners. But there is an unique taste in it that attracts me alot.

If spices worry you, we have too many sweet dishes like Gulabjamun, Jalebi etc :lmao:

Oh I've had the sweets. Good Lord took one bite of one and thought my teeth were going to fall out. There must have been a pound of sugar in one little ball. I can't remember the name of it, but it was a shiny white ball. People I work with eat them all the time, I have no idea how they can stand the sweetness of them. I like sweet things, but that was way over the top for me. If I remember the name I'll let you know.

Oh I've had the sweets. Good Lord took one bite of one and thought my teeth were going to fall out. There must have been a pound of sugar in one little ball. I can't remember the name of it, but it was a shiny white ball. People I work with eat them all the time, I have no idea how they can stand the sweetness of them. I like sweet things, but that was way over the top for me. If I remember the name I'll let you know.

I believe you had Rosogulla (it's white and shiny). It's one of the sweetest sweets on the planet.

No wonder that India is becoming centre of Diabetes.

What vegetarian dishes would you guys recommend?

I need to eat more healthy.

Broccoli, Cheese & Rice

1. Finely chop a half ounce of onion

2. Start a pot of boiling water. Add a dash of salt and two ounces of rice (more if you're really hungry). Add chopped onions to the boiling water.

3. Place a top on the pot to seal in the steam. Reduce the heat until it's brought to a simmer, allow 20-25 minutes preparation time. Do not stir during the 20-25 minutes. Strain excess water if rice hasn't absorbed it all, leaving a small amount of water.

4. Lift lid and add dashes of garlic powder, oregano and black pepper. Add a half ounce of white milk. Add a small can (6 ounces) of cream of mushroom soup. Stir well while increasing heat to produce a good boil.

5. If broccoli is whole, cut into smaller pieces. Add five to six ounces of cut broccoli to the pot and simmer for five minutes (or until tender). Try not to lose the green color of the broccoli, since that's where all the flavor is.

6. Reduce heat until mixture is brought to a simmer. Add two ounces of shredded cheese, stir until cheese melts.

7. In a separate pan; melt a half ounce of butter and mix well with a half ounce of bread crumbs. Pour bread crumb mixture over rice.

Oh shit man! You do good to be the King of Food Threads then

Thanks. I do make exceptions sometimes, and do enjoy some dairy, but it's in small doses. I still eat pizza sometimes, and I very occasionally have some ice cream.

I refuse to eat chesse on anything but pizza. It's got the point where I dislike cheese for the most part. And I don't ever eat plain cheese pizza, I usually want all sorts of carcass on it, mostly just to mask the flavor of the cheese.

Mozzerella still causes me some distress. I have some, uh, bad days when I enjoy pizza. But that shit is tasty, so I'm gonna deal with it sometimes.

I think I'm going to order a pizza, and for the topping I'll only have bacon bits at three times the normal amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back