Austin Region, New Orleans Subregion, Second Round (1) Steve Austin vs. (16) Sid

Who Wins This Match?

• Steve Austin

• Sid

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
This is a second round match in the Austin Region, New Orleans Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.

media_39627.jpg

StoneColdSteveAustin.png

#1 Steve Austin

VS.

3b5a3a38dcbd3b039afb560bed1e0ab7.jpg

#16 Sid Vicious

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Battle of the leather vests, atleast Sid didn't forget his at home on a Mania.

Austin takes this quite easily. Austin pretty much gets more points in all the categories and advances. Sid, by god if he wasn't goofier than a barrel of chipmunks could've been a legend. That being said, he was good, but not great.

Has to go to Austin.

Sid is no pushover by any means. He accomplished a lot in the 90's and even main evented WM 13 as the champ. Austin, though, is in the argument for greatest of all time and is quite possibly the most over wrestler of all time.

Vote Austin.

Sid is someone that I grow to appreciate more every time I see him. Completely inarticulate, he still managed to get his point across using his intensity. He was a big man who shouted, but at the same time he managed to seem like so much more than that. One of the only people to have experienced big success in both companies in two different runs, which says a lot, both bad and good I guess. However, Sid was a bit part player in the overall picture of either company in any of his successful runs, whereas Austin is the architect of one of the most successful characters of all time. Austin wins.

No matter the criteria you are judging your decisions on, Austin has to go over in this match. Impact on the business? Check. Intensity? Check. Mic skills? Check. Sheer wrestling talent? Check. I can't think of any single reason that Sid would go over in this match. Austin wins in the end. But I see it being a bit of a vicious war.

No matter the criteria you are judging your decisions on, Austin has to go over in this match. Impact on the business? Check. Intensity? Check. Mic skills? Check. Sheer wrestling talent? Check. I can't think of any single reason that Sid would go over in this match. Austin wins in the end. But I see it being a bit of a vicious war.

I think Sid may hold more victories over HBK, but I could be wrong.

Otherwise, you're very right. Austin is one of the best ever, and Sid just isn't in the same league. This would be an interesting match to see, in both of their primes, but there's nothing that will make me think Sid stands a chance at winning.

For those that watched Wrestlemania, do you remember the pop that Austin got when the crowd heard the glass break? That was 100k people cheering for a guy who retired almost fifteen years ago. Most wrestlers can only dream of that reaction. Sid was good, we was a top guy in both WCW and WWF in the early and mid 90s, hell he even sold for the Shockmaster's debut, but Austin is in an entirely different league than Sid.

I'm a big fan of Sid and think he is underrated in history, but this is the equivalent of a squash match. Austin is somewhere from 1-4 in terms of greatest name in wrestling history and that isn't a conversation Sid gets close enough to even eavesdrop on.

Austin with the win.

Sid can barely get a nostalgia pop from an indy crowd. Austin makes people lose their minds on the biggest show of the year for the #1 company in the world. That alone should tell the story. I could compare T-Shirt sales & such, but I dont think I have ever seen Sid Vicious on a shirt unless it had to do with the Sex Pistols.

Austin breaks glass, records & necks while cashing checks. Sid breaks his own leg & bounces checks. I think the winner here is clear.

Austin being ranked No.1 and 15 ranks higher than Sid justifies the difference in their wrestling. Austin is just better than Sid in every matter be it mic skills or anything else.

Yeah, Sid is good too but not enough to go over Austin.

Glass Breaks! at the end of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back