Who Wins This Match?

• Sid

• Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Austin Region, New Orleans Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.

media_39627.jpg

sycho-sid.jpg

#16. Sid

Vs.

77ae51210c5c5c9c13de94ae734058dd.jpg

#17. Christian

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Sid might be twice the man that Christian is, but he has half the brain that he does. Christian will be able to outsmart him and beat him, maybe by provoking a DQ like he did with Randy Orton at Money in the Bank. Sid is a freaking fool and I can imagine millions of ways that a ring general like Christian will be able to outsmart him.

Also, Austin/Christian would be a really fucking fun match, and I definitely want to see it for the next round. I get that booking Austin/Sid might appease some people, but in 2016, Austin/Christian is the much better match.

Sid was incredibly popular and very successful everywhere whilst Christian was a guy that the fans believed in a lot more than any promotion did. I like Christian a lot, and I think he was short changed because he wasn't as good as Edge. Sid was the saving grace of WWF in 1996. With Hart away, Warrior fired, Ahmed Johnson injured and Austin still not ready, Sid was there to prevent Shawn Michaels' disastrous first reign from bringing the company down around it. Sid looks like an idiot so his qualities are down played by the IWC, but make no mistake he was a great wrestler and I think he should progress here.

Sid was incredibly popular and very successful everywhere whilst Christian was a guy that the fans believed in a lot more than any promotion did.

You must be fogetting his time at the top of TNA, and his time as the best thing going in WWECW. I'm not denying Sid's popularity, or that he's better than he's remembered, but I give this one to Captain Charisma.

Christian is far better on the mic, a better flier (ha!), and better on the mat. Sid has the advantage in the power game, but so did guys like Tomko (Sid 2000) and Angle and Joe, and Chrstian beat them. This is one of the best 16-17 match-ups, but Christian deserves the win here.

Christian! CHRISTIAN! At last! Your time! HAS COOOOOME!!!

Christian would have nothing more than a comedy jobber career & maybe a mid card title if not for Edge.

Sid, at his best, was a crazy monster. An intimidating and strong force who may not have been as good as others during his time, but surely enough to beat Christian. He may be a dick & sure we all cringed/laughed at his broken leg, but he was a good heel & deserves to go over here.

If Sid wasn't stupid, he'd have been a bonafide WWE star-legend. He had everything to have a long glorious run in the upper-mid. Too bad he was a buffoon.

Christian has the face of a rapist according to Vince McMahon.

Close.

Sid always felt like a legit main event player, where Christian felt like a guy who got a run at the top as a thank you for your service deal. Sure he was a big name in TNA when TNA wasn't horrible, but Sid was legit in both WWE and WCW. Sure he had half a brain, but Sid goes over.

Sid was the Master and Ruler of the World and a legitimate monster. Sid Vicious was the first pro wrestler to actually scare me as a kid. Like, nightmares scare me. His legacy has been given the hatchet job by fans nowadays for some reason, but Sid was a huge deal during his time. Christian was cool and a very good hand, hell the guy's a HOFer, but mainly for his career as a tag team and midcard wrestler. I won't deny his World titles, but I can't really say I remember much of his runs.

Sid is a bonafide star in pro wrestling that has undoubtedly earned his spot as a legend, and he did it in the main event. In Hogan's 6 Mania main events, Sid and Warrior were the only two he never pinned. That should say something.

I love Captain Charisma, but do the right thing. Vote Sid.

Another tough match up. I like both guys so it's hard for me to split hairs. Captain Charisma is definitely a top 10 favourite wrestler of mine. Sid, well I liked him and thought he got some unneeded hate because he was prone to a botch or two.

I could go on and on about their careers but it's too early for me to do that so I'm just going to say I went with Sid of Christian because I can't remember Christian actually defeating too many monsters like Sid, were as Sid use to feast on Chris Benoit for example. For that I think Sid takes the match.

I'm shocked that my vote broke a tie between these two. I thought this would be a blowout. I've liked Christian for a long time but I can not picture him beating Sid in a match. Forgive my lack of creativity but Sid is simply too big and too strong for Christian. Sure, Christian will get some offense in but ultimately he's falling victim to the powerbomb.

I would go for Christian. If he ever had his ONE LAST MATCH that he asked for, he would've been a legend. Just kidding. I love Christian both in and out of the ring. He is one of the stars who had been deemed as injury prone and that alone made his career worse. The fact is, his career is plagiarized by his injuries, I feel for him and I vote him.

Is no one taking into account that Christian is smart enough to use Sid's injury history against him, and take out that bum leg? No?

I also saw people saying that Christian has never beaten a monster, and that Sid is too big and strong. I've already pointed out that Christian has beaten Angle (slightly unhinged and strong) and Joe (bigger, stronger, also slightly unhinged) and Tomko (bigger, stronger, though untalented, admittedly). He's also faced guys like Ezekiel Jackson, Kozlov (when they both mattered)...so it's not like he's inexperienced against larger opponents...

I'm thrilled to see this as a blowout for Sid despite Christian being an internet darling and Sid being...well, not an internet darling.

Sid is criminally underrated. One of the most believable guys in wrestling.

I'm thrilled to see this as a blowout for Sid despite Christian being an internet darling and Sid being...well, not an internet darling.

Sid is criminally underrated. One of the most believable guys in wrestling.

Sid is like the ultimate indie darling actually. Only a very core, high smark eldership recognize what his career could've been.

Or, we just remember our childhood and the fact that he actually convinced us he was Psycho. Coz that is the barometer to go by usually.

If Sid had his head screwed on straight and knew how to do business, they could have built a solid 5 year run for him in the top 3 bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back