Austin Region, New Orleans Subregion, First Round: (1) Austin vs. (32) Tito Santana

Who Wins This Match?

• Steve Austin

• Tito Santana

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Austin Region, New Orleans Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.

media_39627.jpg

StoneColdSteveAustin.png

#1. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Vs.

67155-14Fr.jpg

#32. Tito Santana

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This one is pretty much sealed up. Austin trumps Santana in every way. I certainly dont remember anyone wearing Tito Santana shirts at any point that made the company shit loads of cash.

Stone Cold switches to tequila shots for his celebration post match.

Santana was a loyal guy and had some mediocre highs during his career, but once upon a time Austin was the hottest thing in popular culture - not just in professional wrestling.
Austin wins.

Arriba!!!

And that's about the extent of Tito's input on this match. Double birds, kick to the gut, Stunner, beer o' clock.

Austin is one of the all-time greats. Tito was a jobber to the stars. Tito held...one title? Austin held all the titles.

The biggest thing that Tito has going for him is that KB is a fan. Austin was number one on a lot of lists, and I can't recall one list where he wasn't top five. He is just too good for Santana.

Tito Santana's sole purpose in professional wrestling was to put over the bigger stars. It's a very credible position and one that should be held in high regard. Naturally he will do that here, as a bigger star is across the ring from him.

This wouldn't be a total squash, but Austin will barely have broken a sweat by the time he gets the 3-count.

Austin wins.

The biggest thing that Tito has going for him is that KB is a fan. Austin was number one on a lot of lists, and I can't recall one list where he wasn't top five. He is just too good for Santana.

I think he was #10 on mine, based almost entirely on the "What?" BS.

And, although we all knew Austin was going to storm his way through this match, it's a little heartbreaking to see a childhood favorite who was always a babyface, get shutout like this. I think he deserves at least one vote. Maybe 1986 Tito Santana could beat "Stunning" Steve Austin just once. No? I mean...Mikey Whipwreck did...

I think he was #10 on mine, based almost entirely on the "What?" BS.

And, although we all knew Austin was going to storm his way through this match, it's a little heartbreaking to see a childhood favorite who was always a babyface, get shutout like this. I think he deserves at least one vote. Maybe 1986 Tito Santana could beat "Stunning" Steve Austin just once. No? I mean...Mikey Whipwreck did...

[YOUTUBE]-bzB2N9xnJk[/YOUTUBE]

He beat him by pulling Austin's pants down in one of the most awkward roll ups I have ever seen. Didn't Austin pull off the big Hogan leg drop in that match and Styles lose his mind about "how that crap won't work in ECW"?

He beat him by pulling Austin's pants down in one of the most awkward roll ups I have ever seen. Didn't Austin pull off the big Hogan leg drop in that match and Styles lose his mind about "how that crap won't work in ECW"?

Mikey won all his matches in pretty bullshit fashion, until he started teaming with Tajiri, but that's because he was some dude putting the ring together and volunteered to fill in when someone couldn't work one night :lmao:

The point is...he won. He was actually handpicked by Austin to be the guy he put over during his time in ECW.

It's gonna take someone very special to defeat Stone Cold at any point in this tournament, and Tito Santana isn't special enough! Pretty straightforward quick win for Austin here.

Stunner after a couple of mins

This screams "king of the ring qualifying match" .

Tito was an entertaining perennial cog of the mid card, and great foil for Ventura and Heenan on commentary.

He was however a curtain jerker while Austin is a top 3 seed in anyone's list.

Austin is money! Austin is an Era! Austin is a religion for many! He wins here quite comfortably. A whole era had been revolved around Austin. If you pick anyone and ask him the best moment he remembered in the Attitude era, 95% the answer would be Steve Austin. He had given us plenty to remember! Austin wins!!

Austin was number one on a lot of lists, and I can't recall one list where he wasn't top five.

He was #11 on my list but two of the guys I had ahead of him and the guy I had directly behind him all ended up in the 60s:shrug:

Maybe 1986 Tito Santana could beat "Stunning" Steve Austin just once.

Now that would be a good match. I know most people think of Tito as a total jobber losing to the likes of The Barbarian and The Mountie at WrestleMania, but prior to 1988 Tito was no joke. He was a solid IC champ when the title was at its peak. With that said this one obviously goes to Austin. Stunning Steve would be a great match for 1986 Tito but Stone Cold would handle him fairly easily.

Reactions: NSL
I liked Tito but he was a glorified jobber and was there to put over stars.

Austin was a great pro wrestler so he wins it easily with a stunner. We have a region named after him in this tournament telling what he is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back