Ascension to join Undertaker and become relevant?

t2ne

Occasional Pre-Show
Everyone is wondering who will be on the undertakes team at survivor series. There's still the possibility he ends up with the wyatts but if he does have his own team why not have him create a new ministry and start with the ascension. They were awesome in nxt before Vince got a hold of them. He's my ideal of how it could be done.
This week on raw have some type of . Promo where his gong hits while bray is talking. The following week or rather On smackdown have bray issue as challenge for as. The following week on raw early in the program have as cryptic message during brays promo where taker accepts. Later in the night they come out with starburst in a 6man tag. During the match the lights go out his gong hits and lightning hits the ring. Lights come back on and they are gone. Everyone is confused(even though we will know what has happened) starburst loses to Neville and whoever. The raw before ss as Harper and Rowan are in a tag match gong hits and startled them but the match continues then the gong hits again as the lights go out. When they come back on the ascension is there with a more demonic look repackaged and st as being over Harper and Rowan. Before bray and Steinman can hit the ring gong hits again and the lights go out and when they come back on they're gone. The week before bray cuts a promo about how no one can help or save taker and kane which makes this make more sense. This will allow them to be repackaged and lose that awful ring gear and become instantly relevant. They can fued with Harper and Rowan after ss. Kane will strowman and taker with bray. It's a way to fix what Vince did to them with that horrible road warrior rip off comic and take them back to their nxt look or create a new fitting one.
What do you think? Sting might not be able to perform at ss and who else truly fits the bill? Baron Corbin maybe but who else. This is the perfect time and opportunity to bring the ascension in repackaged and receive an instant rub then give them a monster push.

Starburst comes out? Lol that is funny.

I do not mind the Ascension but I do not want to hear that they are now the Acolytes 2.0. Plus, Connor is just too damn small to be intimidating to challenge the Wyatt family. At least how i see it. If they do join Taker then RAW needs to do a hell of a job explaining it since the two teams barley have had any contact on RAW. So could it work? Sure. Would I want to see it? Not really.

If the Ascension were babyfaces and were over then it would make sense but they are heels and not over in the slightest so tossing them with Taker has zero logic.

I think you are more likely to see The Dudley Boys than the Ascension and even then that is a stretch. If Taker needs a team then it will be Kane, Ambrose and possibly Sting if he is fighting fit.

It's an event billed as celebrating the Undertaker's 25th anniversary. Therefore the obvious choices would be Rhythm and Blues (the Honkytonk Man and Greg Valentine) - DiBiase can't 'go' anymore so Kane gets his spot, but DiBiase handles intros, just like it all began in 1990...

If the Ascension were babyfaces and were over then it would make sense but they are heels and not over in the slightest so tossing them with Taker has zero logic.

I think you are more likely to see The Dudley Boys than the Ascension and even then that is a stretch. If Taker needs a team then it will be Kane, Ambrose and possibly Sting if he is fighting fit.

Perhaps it can be the Dudley Boyz!! Brilliant mate! Probably that might be the reason why they hadn't won the titles at Hell in a Cell. It certainly will be entertaining to see them put someone through the tables whilst the Brothers of Destruction Driving the others with the Piledriver!

Well it's not hard for heels to turn face (just ask Big Show :p) and the logic would be taking guys that aren't over and giving them a chance to get there.

I do not mind the Ascension but I do not want to hear that they are now the Acolytes 2.0. Plus, Connor is just too damn small to be intimidating to challenge the Wyatt family. At least how i see it. If they do join Taker then RAW needs to do a hell of a job explaining it since the two teams barley have had any contact on RAW. So could it work? Sure. Would I want to see it? Not really.

Why not? It's not like they have anything else going for them. Lets put it this way, the original Acolytes were 2 midcarders that were going nowhere and putting them with Taker gave them something to do and eventually got them to a much better place than they were before. Nothing wrong with trying the same formula on another 2 guys in a similar situation.

As for size you can say the same thing about Ambrose and he's most likely going to in the actual match, besides someone has to be eliminated first and if it would be Conner so be it. And as for the barely any contact thing that's a very easy fix, Wyatts jump them for the same random reason they jumped Orton, Kane, Reigns, Taker, etc: They felt like it. They're a stable of huge crazy guys that go after people, not really all that much explanation is needed there.

In fact, they've been a total failure as a tag team and it would take a lot more time than that allotted by OP to put them over, either as faces or heels. In many ways, their ship has already sailed and while WWE might find it feasible to align them with other performers in hopes of getting fans interested in them, I seriously doubt they're going to waste one of Undertaker's rare appearances by sending him out there with Ascension.

When 'Taker does get in the ring, he works with people like Bray Wyatt, Triple H or Brock Lesnar. Even his 'brother' Kane gets to work with him because of their long history.

But Ascension? If Vince McMahon wants to get fans to take to them.....and tries to do it by letting them tag with the Undertaker......I'd ask what Vince thinks is gonna happen after Ascension is on their own again.

What a letdown this would be.

i would have thought this would of been a great idea if the Ascension hadn't been buried already to the bottom of the tag team division. How are we supposed to believe them to be a threat to the wyatts if they aren't even a threat to the lucha dragons?

This COULD have been something that worked, had The Ascension been introduced to the main roster with their original NXT gimmick, or had been repackaged better than they were. But with the terrible way their main roster debut and initial push was handled, they are damaged goods right now. The alliance with Stardust is interesting, but it's going to take time to make The Ascension seem like a valid threat again. To me, they've never been the same since Kenneth Cameron (Bram in TNA left- he was the best member, Viktor is terrible).

I think it's a safe bet that The Ascension won't be joining The Brothers of Destruction at Survivor Series!

I agree that this could have potentially worked had the Ascension debuted as they were in NXT instead of Vince making them over to be Road Warrior rejects. I don't know if Vince genuinely thought they'd get over or if he purposely sabotaged them or what, I'm leaning more towards the former as it seems in sync with other out of touch decisions he's made.

The Ascension were treated like and portrayed like a joke from the moment they hit the main roster and I don't think their characters, as is, can be salvaged. They'd need to be taken off television, repackaged, given a total character overhaul and keep them gone for several months so that the memory of the Road Warrior rejects is no longer in the forefront.

Dudley Boyz would make sense. Especially if Rowan and Harper go back to doing the 3D. I remember they were going at on social media about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back