Undertaker Retirement

they showed undertaker in the promos for wrestlemania this year so he will be there for at least one more match. last year before he feuded with triple h there was no mention of him. his return promos also didnt start until after the rumble so by that logic he hasnt retired and will have one more match. i think it will be with kane at wrestlemania and it will be a buried alive match which taker will lose. the deadman will finally rest in peace

they showed undertaker in the promos for wrestlemania this year so he will be there for at least one more match. last year before he feuded with triple h there was no mention of him. his return promos also didnt start until after the rumble so by that logic he hasnt retired and will have one more match. i think it will be with kane at wrestlemania and it will be a buried alive match which taker will lose. the deadman will finally rest in peace

a buried alive match would be terrible, it is WM and they need to put on a certain match that could be a possible 4 star match. And that is a no DQ where the shackles are off where they can destroy each other. Taker will never lose the streak, and taker will only lose the streak to a wrestler that is the future of the company, like CM punk

I would have the Undertaker face Triple H. with HBK as ref. Undertaker would win and collapse after the match. Then Paul Bearer comes out with the urn and leads the druids to the ring who are bringing a casket. They put Undertaker in the casket and wheel it back up the ramp to center stage. Paul Bearer puts the Urn in the casket and walks away. then we hear thunder and lightning as the arena goes black. Then on the big screen we see each undertaker opponent at Mania as the bell tolls 20 times. Then the floor opens up and the casket sinks into the floor with flames shooting up. once the casket is out of sight a tombstone rises out from the floor. etched on the stone is the following, The Undertaker, 20-0 at Wrestlemania, 1990-2012, Rest In Peace. the lights come on and the crowd claps and cheers as the look upon the tombstone, saying Thank you, Undertaker, to which the announcers echo and say thanks for the memories Undertaker, and Rest in peace. That would be my ideal swan song for the Character of the Undertaker.

I would have the Undertaker face Triple H. with HBK as ref. Undertaker would win and collapse after the match. Then Paul Bearer comes out with the urn and leads the druids to the ring who are bringing a casket. They put Undertaker in the casket and wheel it back up the ramp to center stage. Paul Bearer puts the Urn in the casket and walks away. then we hear thunder and lightning as the arena goes black. Then on the big screen we see each undertaker opponent at Mania as the bell tolls 20 times. Then the floor opens up and the casket sinks into the floor with flames shooting up. once the casket is out of sight a tombstone rises out from the floor. etched on the stone is the following, The Undertaker, 20-0 at Wrestlemania, 1990-2012, Rest In Peace. the lights come on and the crowd claps and cheers as the look upon the tombstone, saying Thank you, Undertaker, to which the announcers echo and say thanks for the memories Undertaker, and Rest in peace. That would be my ideal swan song for the Character of the Undertaker.

That is actually an ideal way for undertaker to go out it is simple OTT but brilliant, he started has the OTT character and he ends with an OTT finishing end. Bearer would be an interesting choice, it would be great after the match kane comes out and tries to finish the undertaker off by beating the hell out of him, HHH and HBK help the undertaker and both HHH and HBK stops kane, and kane leaves the ring. Taker gets that send off in the casket and it is 20 - 0 has a tombstone, but it also puts it into everyone's mind kane wanted to ruin taker's send off, and it nails kane's hatred of his brother. And he would explain his actions, but without them fighting as taker could be retired and kane is hyping himself has his brothers replacement

If you're going to retire the Undertaker at WrestleMania, the person who does it should be top tier and more importantly, someone younger who can get some mileage out of being "the man who retired the Undertaker".

In other words, it should not be Kane or Triple H. Both of them have lost to Taker twice at WrestleMania and should not get another shot.

Kind of a random thought but just got a possible idea. Depending on who is in control of Raw John Laurenitis or HHH, hope they are heel.

For the sake of my point HHH is in charge or has some sort of power and is heel. HHH wants another shot at Taker. The stipulation he creates is If the Undertaker wins at WM he must retire from professional wrestling. This would cause a "dilemma" for Taker as to keep the streak or continue to wrestle.

Just an idea to let everyone know this is his last match without some outrageous paul bearer situation or loss.

Many believed that HBK was the only person who deserved to retire The Undertaker but now that Shawn is gone... where does that leave The Undertaker and his retirement?

At WrestleMania XXVIII, Undertaker will be 19-0 going on 20-0. The perfect stipulation:
Should Undertaker win at WrestleMania 28, he must retire.

Throughout his illustrious career, matches at WrestleMania have been rewarding on his behalf. He gains another victim to the streak, retires another superstar, wins championship gold folks or even makes a name for that particular WrestleMania. The only way his WrestleMania match could not be rewarding is if the tables were turned: He loses or He has the retirement stipulation. Conversely, there is a way for him to gain rewards and at the same time, have consequences. He wins; he becomes 20-0 and retires. He loses; he becomes 19-1 and stays in WWE.

Excluding that option, the only others who deserve to retire Taker are the following - a very, very slim group of people. People who have help carry the company, or will continue to do so for the next 10 years or so, where they'll maintain relevance.

Triple H: He has proven his dedication and has been around since before the Attitude Era. He is the last glimpse of superstars from the Golden Years. Not only that, but in time, HHH can possibly build a great feud with Taker. Along the lines of "It's taken me a while to get my hands on you blah, blah retiring my best friend" and so it happens that HHH eventually retires The Undertaker

Randy Orton: He has signed a 10 year deal with the World Wrestling Entertainment so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up retiring a few superstars. He has proven he is a gifted athlete and is currently proving his dedication and loyalty. He had an amazing feud in 2005; one of the best since the Attitude Era ended so if creative can bring back that Orton then I'd love to watch that retirement angle, just as long as the Streak isn't eradicated.

But where would this occur? WrestleMania is the only stage Taker, HHH, HBK, Orton or any other top level superstar deserves to retire on. Unless it is an event that they made a name for (Undertaker and Survivor Series) then there isn't much option. You can't have The Undertaker lose right at the end, going 19-1 and retiring. Not only would it anger fans because the streak is broken, Taker would retire and not even have a "revenge angle" with the superstar.

That is indeed why The Undertaker is only worthy of retiring himself, the one and only Deadman.

How would I like to see to see the Undertaker's retirement play out?

The Undertaker takes a pass altogether on WM28. No promos, no match, no nothing. WM28 comes and goes without any involvement of the Undertaker. This leads to the opinion expressed earlier by Davi becoming more widespread: he's done, he's already retired but it simply hasn't been formally announced.

Fast forward 12 months. Turns out, Taker isn't retired after all, at least not quite yet. Cryptic videos and intrigue begin, leading to a match between Taker and John Cena at WM29. The IWC is outraged: goddamn John Cena is going to be the one to end "the streak".

A hard fought match happens at WM29 except surprise, surprise, Cena doesn't end the streak. Taker wins, running his undefeated Wrestlemania streak to 20-0. He disappears again. Except, Cena just cannot let it go. He requests a rematch, and it happens at Survivor Series 2013, in a Casket Match. This time, Cena wins, stuffing the Undertaker into a casket, and he's never seen in a WWE ring again. Gone (until his obvious induction into the WWE Hall of Fame).

This way, Taker gets a suitable build for his final run, and a chance to be as close to healthy as he's going to get at this stage of his career. He preserves his WM streak. But he loses his final match, as I believe retiring legends should. And he comes full circle, retiring at the same PPV as he debuted at years ago.

Will this actually happen? Likely not. More likely, Taker faces Y2J this year, explaining all of the cryptic Jericho videos and end of the world as we know it talk. He goes to 20-0 this year, and retires after this match. Personally, I would prefer scenario #1.

The way i see this is that the undertaker should not return until summerslam
The way i see it the undertaker will not lose at westlemainia and he should have the final match with cena at WM29 and finish/disappear 20-0
They should hype the undertaker return at wm28 but but not have turn up as the rock cena match is "what its all about this year" you cant have the undertaker kinda be over shadowed by some well movie star but when CENA DOES BEAT DWAYNE and they both lying in the ring cena music doesnt hit and a gong goes off the lights goes out and the light come up and all there is dwayne in the ring. making it look like the undertake has took cena "away" giving cena some time off and some question to "where has cena gone/what has happened to him"
The raw after the final segment is the rock saying that he had a good match but got beat and doesn’t really know what happend at the end, the thanks the fans, then the first promo happends with undertaker return promo and a big 1, signifying the beating of jimmy fly sunka, undertakers 1st opponent.
Now coincidentally there are 20 weeks from wm28 too summerslam with wwe hyping/promo undertaker return the using all the opponents he has beat until the week of summerslam.
With cena having return half way throughish, with cena out of the picture and a undertaker return imminent it gives time to build other guys but in the end cena comes back and headlines summerslam where once cena win at the end the same happends his music doent hit and a final promo comes down with cena being shown as the 20th opponent where the undertaker does return where it all began for him the START OF THE END.
Raw after cena explains this is it he want to take him on and it was the final straw. He took his moment at wm28 and now summerslam. And now cena is going to take his moment the moment of all moments that WM moment.
The week after the undertaker replies in the sence that he agrees with it and well he took that moment because wm moments are his and not cenas to have and if he going to fight anyone it will be cena, the biggest and best thing that has come of from wwe in well ever and he will take it ALL AWAY.
Over the next few weeks and up to survivor series they build the matches so that its makes it people say “why does cena get to face the undertaker he didn’t earn it” with cena feuding with other for the right to face the undertaker with several feuds colliding at survivor series with cena earning the right over 5-6 others to face undertaker at wm. ALL THE WHILE undertaker doing promos and matches every now and then and plugging THE END, hinting retirement.
FAST FORWARD to wrestlemainia29 this is the match the match bigger than the previous year bigger than it all people may honestly think that this is the year that someone will stop him.
The final match of the ppv and undertaker wins,The music goes off,The lights go down,The smoke goes off,The big 20 is on the screens it counts down to 0 where the lights go up and the undertaker is not more GONE ,cena is still lay in the ring

i think if we dont see or hear from taker after Elimination Chamber time then i will believe hes permantly retired!! Until then who knows maybe tonight is the night he comes back!! Just boom surprise out of nowhere kinda of like you know who winning the rumble!! (dont wanna spoil it in case some people havent seen the Royal rumble yet). Now who should Taker feud with?? HHH good match last year but i dont wanna see it 4 years in a row against DX!! Two against SM and two if it happens against HHH!! I would rather have Taker go against some young guy who can push him.. Ziggler Barrett would fit the bill rather nicely!! Y2J but i think he will go against Punk!! Taker after April 1st will be 20-0 in WM and then retire!!

I thought it would be cool if Stone Cold Steve Austin came back to retire the Undertaker. Why Steve Austin? Because he hasn't been involved in a cannibalism storyline yet. It should be revealed that the Undertaker is Austin's father, the mother is Kelly Kelly, and that Austin is inbred. Yes, I know that Kelly is younger than Austin, but she's the only diva promiscuous enough to possibly already be related to the Undertaker.

Now, after Austin ends the Undertaker's streak while wearing a lobster bib, he eats a heaping portion of the Undertaker, starting with the drumsticks. As a result, he is sentenced to the electric chair which occurs at Backlash.

After TWO MONTHS of teasers. Everyone already knew that the Undertaker was returning well before he physically appeared.

With every Undertaker return, there are always the video packages, the hints, etc. There hasn't been any of that this year. If the Undertaker was returning, the WWE would be encouraging the speculation of it in order to draw ratings, as they have in years past. If he was planning on returning, one would think that we would have already started to see the groundwork being laid for it.

There is a huge difference between being physically in shape and being in "ring shape". You can't get in ring shape by working out, its about working out the ring rust, getting your timing back after taking almost a year off, it's about getting back into rhythm. Two very different things. The most physically fit wrestler in the world, the very definition of physical perfection in a wrestler, could be in absolutely terrible ring shape. Someone like Mick Foley, who is in terrible physical shape, given a month, could probably look like a decent wrestler again, because he is in good ring shape, has his timing down, etc.

If the Undertaker were back in the ring training, there would have been SOMETHING leaked by one of the wrestling newsboards or something by now.

Seriously, if the best they can come up with Taker/HHH part III, what is the incentive for him to return? It's boring, unimaginative, repetitive.

Even with Kane, while probably more appropriate from a storyline angle, has already been done twice before as well. There simply aren't many marquee names for the Undertaker to face that he hasn't already been there, done that with, that aren't already spoken for. Taker/Rock or Taker/Cena would have been phenomenal (pun intended). Neither have gone against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania before, and both are opponents worthy of it. Yet, both are occupied.

What other wrestlers would be able to fit in with the Undertaker, to match the level of perceived quality? Who is both left for him to wrestle, and available for him?

Like I said, I hope the WWE proves me wrong, but all of the signs point to the Undertaker being finished. I don't want him to be done, I would love to see him get the send-off. God knows he deserves one. But, he may not also want it. I have no idea if the idea of a send-off even appeals to him, he might be the kind of guy who is perfectly happy having an unannounced retirement and be content to slowly fade away into the history books.
Man you sure spent a lot of time chewing me out. I didn't even run you down. I simply said you weren't paying attention on this one, and low and behold you were dead wrong. I know you said you wanted to be proved wrong, but as I said for someone that seems to know what they are talking about you missed the mark on this on BIG TIME. My point was they will not let taker leave without acknowledging it before hand. I am not trying to gloat or make an enemy, but I have never seen someone on this site who based on the amount of time spent here seems to know what they are talking about yet be so far off. I wasn't even going to check this thread again but when the gong hit tonight it brought me right back here. To tell you the truth after the beat down hhh gave taker last year only for him to get the submission victory, I really cant see how they can make this match interesting again, but as fans lets hope they do

Chill out there, buddy. At no point did I insult you or your position. I simply offered evidence that would seem to be contrary to it. It's called having a debate, not chewing you out. Now you are getting all defensive about it? Just stop. You were right about the Undertaker's return, I was wrong about it. End of freaking story. Hell, I even green repped you for being right.

HBsam31 said:
I have never seen someone on this site who based on the amount of time spent here seems to know what they are talking about yet be so far off.

This one actually made me chuckle. You only joined in December. You simply haven't had the time to see it happen. There are far more respected posters with both a LOT more rep and a lot more posts than I have who disagree with each other adamantly about certain issues. People flat out disagree with each other, regardless of how long they have been here. There is no such thing as an IWC (Internet Wrestling Community) consensus, even though a lot of people like to pretend that there is. Stop taking things so damn personally.

NOW, with that being said:

I hope to hell that Triple H and the Undertaker can improve on last years match. I wasn't all that impressed by it. I actually am cringing at the thought of Taker/HHH part III. Taker hasn't had a single match in ten months, and Triple H has been 90% retired from ring competition himself. He had that little run with Kevin Nash, but for the most part, he has been out of the ring almost as long as the Undertaker has. I don't want to be that pessimistic, but to give one of your Wrestlemania matches to two part timers, the match quality COULD be an issue. Not saying it definitely will be, but I can't rule the possibility out either. Hopefully both HHH and the Undertaker have a consistent wrestling schedule between now and then to get their rhythm back. If they continue to work super light schedules until Wrestlemania, it could be a shit match for no other reason than they are out of practice.

Chill out there, buddy. At no point did I insult you or your position. I simply offered evidence that would seem to be contrary to it. It's called having a debate, not chewing you out. Now you are getting all defensive about it? Just stop. You were right about the Undertaker's return, I was wrong about it. End of freaking story. Hell, I even green repped you for being right.

This one actually made me chuckle. You only joined in December. You simply haven't had the time to see it happen. There are far more respected posters with both a LOT more rep and a lot more posts than I have who disagree with each other adamantly about certain issues. People flat out disagree with each other, regardless of how long they have been here. There is no such thing as an IWC (Internet Wrestling Community) consensus, even though a lot of people like to pretend that there is. Stop taking things so damn personally.

NOW, with that being said:

I hope to hell that Triple H and the Undertaker can improve on last years match. I wasn't all that impressed by it. I actually am cringing at the thought of Taker/HHH part III. Taker hasn't had a single match in ten months, and Triple H has been 90% retired from ring competition himself. He had that little run with Kevin Nash, but for the most part, he has been out of the ring almost as long as the Undertaker has. I don't want to be that pessimistic, but to give one of your Wrestlemania matches to two part timers, the match quality COULD be an issue. Not saying it definitely will be, but I can't rule the possibility out either. Hopefully both HHH and the Undertaker have a consistent wrestling schedule between now and then to get their rhythm back. If they continue to work super light schedules until Wrestlemania, it could be a shit match for no other reason than they are out of practice.
Fair enough, and my bad for being defensive. I just felt you didn't give it enough time to play out. I also very much agree in hoping they can produce even as good of match as last year. I personally don't see how they can just given the sequence of last years match. HHH took him apart basically the whole time. One would assume that taker would only be weaker this year in terms of slower, older, possibly easier to be. Assuming it was a sport with real outcomes this would be true. However anything is possible in the world of wrestling. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot and I actually did enjoy this debate, and admit I got to defensive.

Simply "Phenominal" V2;3686662 said:
I respect but disagree with your opinion. I dont think takers retired just yet, i think hes got at least two more matches in him.
I think he'll interupt HHH tonight on Raw just like HHH interupted him last year and as much as i dont want to see it again i think it will set up Taker vs HHH III. This also allows Lauringitis to keep his job.

But to go back on topic I agree with Dinosa. I think after he wins for the final time whenever that may be, he should be taken to the back in his casket never to be seen again, with the words " I will rest in peace" to end it. :undertaker2:

Spot on call there! I was thinking it would happen but wasn't 100% sure it would. Looking forward to seeing where this goes now, I think the coming out of nowhere was better than running promos again.

I hope the story doesn't copy HBK's too much though, with the reverse roll of Taker having to convince HHH to wrestle. I hope now he's back we'll see some more promos that will lead us in another direction but either way a Taker match at WM28 should be brilliant whoever it is against (as long as doesn't lose, can't see the point in going 19-0 only to lose in his last match).

Kane won't have anything to do come the time unless he faces Ryder. If that happens then HHH is the only real challenger left who isn't already facing someone else.

If Undertaker's going to retire this year, I'd rather this Wrestlemania NOT be his final match. The only reason why I feel this way is because I'm almost certain that The Rock/John Cena match will be last on the card. Undertaker's final match should be the main event of whatever night he chooses to retire. It really wouldn't make any sense for the WWE to have spent a year promoting the Rock/Cena match only to have it happen before Taker's.

So I think if Taker wants to retire this year, it should be live on a dedicated themed RAW or on a dedicated themed PPV. Maybe have his final match at a Hell In The Cell, Vengeance, or something equally as dark. Also, given that Kane and Taker have been heavily involved in each other's careers and are in the same age bracket, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them both go at it to end the storyline and possibly retire both in a brutal match.

I disagree with everyone who has suggested that Undertaker have his final match at an event which isn't WrestleMania. Guys who have meant less to the WWE (Ric Flair/Edge) have had their final WWE matches here and there is no setting nearly as big for the Undertaker to go out upon.

He won't retire this year, I'm pretty certain of that, but he will retire either next year or at Wrestlemania 30 (rumoured to be in Texas that year, his home state and Steve Austin's too coincidentally, and also the state where Sting currently lives...) The question is who he goes out to... He has actually said in a shoot that he would like the streak to end eventually and ideally it would be putting a young guy over rather than someone established. Obviously lots of people fucking hate this idea but I'm totally cool with it, the boost it would give to some young superstar is immesurable, they will go down in history as the guy who retired the Undertaker and will no doubt get an insane amount of heat for months, possibly years after the match.
Would WWE/Vince want to end the streak though? I don't know, but personally I think if they do end the streak it will be to someone he has yet to face at Mania. Anyway quickly gonna weigh up a few likely candidates for his final match in a year or twos time;

John Cena - It's never happened at Mania and it could be a hell of a final fued for the Undertaker. Also for me having Cena win would be the only way you could turn Cena out and out heel, they wrestle a 25 minute match then Cena cheats victory using a weapon of some kind. He ends the streak, turns super heel, a new era of WWE begins without Undertaker. Also do you think they would let Cena job to the Undertaker on his final match? Great buissness move, let a retired guy who is at least 5 years past his prime beat your top guy at your biggest event of the year, way to make your company look weak.
However of course this would contradict Taker's argument of putting over a young guy to end the streak, Cena doesn't need a victory over the Undertaker, he's had an amazing career already and I'm sure by the end of it he will be one of the most decorated WWE champions ever.
In short I doubt this will be Undertaker's final match, but I think this could be his penultimate Mania match next year with Taker going 21 - 0.

CM Punk - This would really cement Punk as a force to be reckoned with in the WWE should this be Undertaker's final Mania match, especially if he wins. His fued with Cena really elevated him but this would really push him over the edge as someone to build a company around. He's one of the few superstars currently in the WWE (along with Jericho, Orton and HHH) that have the experience to really put on a classic with the Undertaker.
I think this is unlikely though, as despite CM Punk's clout now both athletically and commercially for the WWE he isn't a WWE made guy, and I don't think Vince would give CM Punk a match as prestigious as Undertaker's retirement match (you could also apply this argument to Daniel Bryan). Also you could argue Punk is over now and there are lots of others who would benefit much more from being Undertaker's final opponent, whether they get put over or not.

A current higher midcard wrestler (Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett).
All of the above are relatively young, and you can gaurentee that within the next 5 years at least one of these guys will regularly be in the main event and be a multi time world champion. A hell of a way to kickstart that would be to have one of these guys be put over by the Undertaker. Most likely candidates at the moment from that four would obviously be Ziggler and Rhodes as both you would assume will wrestle in at least one main event at a PPV for a world title at some point this year, if not within the next six months, but then again Swagger or Barrett could really step up themselves in the next year or so too. All of these men need something to elevate them to the next level and an Undertaker match at Mania would do that no question (see Randy Orton, Edge, Batista) and a win over the Undertaker would fall in line to his desire to pass the torch before he retires.
The argument against of course is the earlier one that Vince and a lot of WWE fans wouldn't want to see the streak end, but to me this seems the most likely scenario for Undertaker's final match, and also a match he would most likely lose...but then again a superstar doesn't need to "Lose" per se to be put over (see Bret Hart/Steve Austin at WM13).

An outside/currrently not wrestling WWE superstar - Sting, Hogan, Brock Lesner, Steve Austin, The Rock

An argument for Undertaker retiring to one of these guys is that he has never wrestled any of these at WrestleMania before, so in many respects it would be a dream match, particularly in regards to Sting which is a match I've wanted to see for over 15 years. It would be a great way to end Undertaker's career wrestling his final match with any of these guys, who in many respects are the biggest names in the profession in the last 30 years (perhaps with the exception of Brock Lesner, but he of course is very well known outside of WWE too).
However the cons would be that a one time match like this does nothing for the future of the WWE and doesn't help anyone, and is almost the complete antithisis of Undertaker wanting to put over a younger guy, and also all of the above are well past their prime and it would be a shame for Undertaker's final match to be lacklustre when his last few WM matches have been absolute show stealers, so for that trend to continue he would have to take on someone in their absolute prime.

Still, these would be huge matches and certainly an apt way for Undertaker to end his career.

Kane - Story wise it makes perfect sense, and as people have suggested they could potentially build this really well, but that is about it. This match has been done to death already and when these guys last fought a few years ago it was slow and boring as shit. They won't do this, i gaurentee you. However I wouldn't put it past them having a final fued at some point before Undertaker retires, quite possibly this year even.

plenty of other superstars i could mention but I won't, simply because if I haven't already mentioned them I hugely doubt it could happen.

In terms of how the retirement is handled itself, a lot of people have made suggestions of him just disappearing never to return...I like this, he has his final match, after he is passed out on the floor, it looks like he needs to be carried out but he does his classic "sit up" arena goes dark, lights come on Undertaker is standing now, ring and surrounding area filled druids (secretly it's the entire lockerroom, a quiet way in which they all pay their respects), lights go out again, come back on and everyone is gone. Undertaker's old school music plays out as Wrestlemania ends, or just a repition of the gong every 20 seconds or so.

If he was to lose his final match have whatever superstar be really disrespectful to him, beating him after the bell/burying him/putting him in a casket thus creating monster heat and then no video package on Raw or anything until at least a year later where he is inducted into the hall of fame/retrospective DVD comes out featuring shoot interviews with the Undertaker et al.

If Undertaker's going to retire this year, I'd rather this Wrestlemania NOT be his final match. The only reason why I feel this way is because I'm almost certain that The Rock/John Cena match will be last on the card. Undertaker's final match should be the main event of whatever night he chooses to retire. It really wouldn't make any sense for the WWE to have spent a year promoting the Rock/Cena match only to have it happen before Taker's.

So I think if Taker wants to retire this year, it should be live on a dedicated themed RAW or on a dedicated themed PPV. Maybe have his final match at a Hell In The Cell, Vengeance, or something equally as dark. Also, given that Kane and Taker have been heavily involved in each other's careers and are in the same age bracket, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them both go at it to end the storyline and possibly retire both in a brutal match.
This is an excellent idea. Have the WWE bring back an old PPV like Backlash, Judgement Day or Vengence to have Undertaker end his career at. Why not even have him face Kane where there's almost no ending, and it shows the end to both of their careers. And even if Undertaker loses, it's not WM so the streak still lives on.

It's not evident to makes an terms to the career of Taker,the gimmick was very unique and makes the last match demand many idéas for to make it.

Actually I think this is Undertakers final WrestleMania, unless they're going for 25-0 then I'd have the Undertaker wrestle at WrestleMania and only have him do the odd RAW and Smackdown here and there for a promo but wrestling wise keep him for WrestleMania, unless it's some special occasion like the 1000th RAW and a quick 2 minute match enough to keep ring rust at bath and make sure his timing is right.

But I think this could be his final one where HHH again is nearer to ending the streak but succumbing to hells gate yet again in a no dq match that ends near the top of the ramp so after the match WWE are able to use some special illiusions and have Undertaker "drop back down to hell" and retire in some kind of symbolic kind of way.

Unfortunatly Kane's two burials of Undertaker (along with Mankinds and the rest of heels in 96) would have been the perfect way to cease the Undertaker.

I think his last match should be a wrestlemania (not necessarily this one) and they should promote it as such. This is The Undertaker's last match, and the last chance anyone has to break the streak. They could build it up as the last time someone will be able to do something as memorable as beating the taker at wrestlemania.

I understand the concept of going out on his back and putting someone over. That's a good idea, in theory. Losing weight is a good idea but that doesn't mean you cut your arm off to lose 20 pounds. The WWE is far more likely to screw up how they script him losing than having him win the last match of the night and have the moment in the ring after his last match ever.

Keep it simple and give the fans what they want.

I don't think this will be his last one as there is a lot of money to be had in a Cena vs Undertaker wrestlemania match. If the WWE are planning on running Cena vs Rock again next year it might not be possible though.

If they were to build it I'd have Undertaker beat Triple H this year, for him to come out on Raw the next night and leave an urn in the middle of the ring without saying a word, letting fans think thats it for him.

Whether Cena turns full heel or not doesn't matter, you could have him basically cut a promo on Raw after the Royal Rumble about everything he has done and everyone he has beat, basically saying he hasn't many challenges left to overcome. Lights go off, gong goes and we head into a Taker vs Cena feud where I would have Cena beat him to end his career

i think undertaker could possibly go 25 and 0 if he is continued to only be a special attraction once a year, obviously we as the IWC would like to see taker/xena, Sting/taker....

and i would love to see Mick foley and the undertaker have one morelegitimate go at a wrestlemania.. same with Kane....

regardless of when he retires, i think that you have the perfect set up for undertaker to be retired and replaced by his Kayfabe brother....

once undertaker is done... Kane can set him ablaze and have the undertaker vanish in a firey conflaguaration.... (obviously really he's went thru a trap door.) but this would give kane some of earlier heel heat back and would be a fitting end to the undertaker and Kane story and might actually give glen jacobs a final oppurtinty to surpass his kayfabe brother... who it seems the kane gimmick has always been overshadowed by.

and i would love to see Mick foley and the undertaker have one morelegitimate go at a wrestlemania.. same with Kane....

I wouldn't want to see this at all. The days of Mick Foley putting on an entertaining match are gone, and while I think Kane still has something left to give, it isn't much and not enough to make a worthy Wrestlemania match.

I'm sure I'll get roasted for this, but I want Taker to lose and lose this year to HHH. I told myself after WM27, with the way they ended the match you can't do a rematch and have Taker win again. It just doesn't make sense. Last year trips beat him to an inch of his wrestling life. Now a year later Taker is supposed to all of a sudden win again. It doesn't make sense for him to go over again after he looked so bad last year.

Add to that the way the promos are going this time around. Last year everything was normal. Taker looked strong. This time around he's pleading for a rematch and acting almost as if he wants trips to end it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back