Undertaker Retirement

This is my first thread so cut me a little slack if you will. I'm not sure if this thread already exist so I'm sorry if it does.

We all know that the Undertaker's retirement is looming on the horizon. Even though I myself shudder at the mere thought that we would no longer see the Deadman in even once a year matches. But how would you do it? How do you think the Undertaker should be retired? When? Will he win or lose his last match?

Here's how I'd do it. I'd have him face the resurrected Kane one last time at Wrestlemania. Have him win and then have Paul Bearer come out to the ring, raise the Urn with Kane and the Undertaker kneeling to it then have the gong hit and the lights go out. When the gong hits and the lights come back on all three are gone. I know that sounds like a kane and undertaker thing but that's just how I'd like to see it done.

What are your thoughts?

Ideally the less of Kane and Taker the better. Their rivalry especially in the latter period have bordered on snoozefest.

It'd be nicer if they used the Taker's retirement to really blood an on the crux wrestler like Ziggles. The opponent doesn't even have to win in my opinion just push the deadman to his limit. Should be enough to get him over big time.

I had this conversation with my wife two years ago. Similar to your idea, but not involving Kane or Paul Bearer.

I don't know whether i happens after his last match, or the MNR the next day. Have him just disappear; never showing up again. No trace, no goodbye, no tears. He leaves as a mystery. And they can ham it up for a while after. But he should be gone. Mark can help out backstage and all and train, but never be seen on camera again. that would be the mystique I would want to remember.

As Undertaker-esqe that would be, I don't think that pays enough omage to what Taker has done for the WWE. His character may go down as the most mysterious and epic of all time. My scenerio would be this. The promos leading up to Mania are all Undertaker like and in all of them make it be like "the final resurection" or something like that. Taker wins his match against Jericho or whoever he faces. After the match the lights go blueish purple he kneels in the ring, and let him soak it in. Retired.

I think that the best way for taker to retire is: Taker vs Cena at Wrestlemania
he beats cena,the druids are coming down with a casket,taker opens it and gets in.Then they take him back forever.

The Undertaker is already retired, they just haven't announced it. IF he was going to return to the ring in preparation for Wrestlemania, he would have returned last night at the Royal Rumble. There have been absolutely no teasers for him, nothing to indicate that his return is imminent. If the Undertaker were going to return, the WWE would be trying to capitalize on it. The Undertaker is one of the most popular wrestlers they have ever had, and his return, if built up, would definitely increase their ratings in anticipation. Yet, NONE of this has happened this year, and there are only two months to go before Wrestlemania. It's time to face it, his match against Triple H last year was it. The streak will remain 19-0 permanently.

I would love for the WWE to prove me wrong on this, but with the relatively short amount of time left to get the Undertaker back in ring shape before April 1, to set up an opponent/feud that makes the match worth watching, etc, I just don't see it happening. Would have been great to see a formal retirement thing like HBK got, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

Undertaker definitely should have an exit like that, just vanish into thin air in the last supernatural segment of his career. Just like Jericho's final exit should be him dragged kicking and screaming from the arena like a fool (that's the way Jericho WANTS to go out and all), Undertaker should leave with an air of mystery and not a usual retirement angle. I don't know about Kane, though, it would be fitting but I don't really want Taker's final match to be a Kane retread.

It should be made obvious that it's for good, though, not just a random disappearance.

The Undertaker is already retired, they just haven't announced it. IF he was going to return to the ring in preparation for Wrestlemania, he would have returned last night at the Royal Rumble. There have been absolutely no teasers for him, nothing to indicate that his return is imminent. If the Undertaker were going to return, the WWE would be trying to capitalize on it. The Undertaker is one of the most popular wrestlers they have ever had, and his return, if built up, would definitely increase their ratings in anticipation. Yet, NONE of this has happened this year, and there are only two months to go before Wrestlemania. It's time to face it, his match against Triple H last year was it. The streak will remain 19-0 permanently.

I would love for the WWE to prove me wrong on this, but with the relatively short amount of time left to get the Undertaker back in ring shape before April 1, to set up an opponent/feud that makes the match worth watching, etc, I just don't see it happening. Would have been great to see a formal retirement thing like HBK got, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

That's a great point. There literally has been no mention of him at all. I think most people are expecting Triple H to call him out tonight on RAW. If that doesn't happen, I really don't see how they'll bring him into a storyline with this little time left. I guess they could fit him into the Kane-Cena storyline because we know that Cena is going to be transitioning into the feud with The Rock but if that happens, they need to do it like now.... Unfortunately, you might be right. He may not ever come back in a wrestling capacity.

AndThat'sTheBottomLine said:
This is my first thread so cut me a little slack if you will. I'm not sure if this thread already exist so I'm sorry if it does.

Yes it has, but don't worry every new member, even myself, have created what they thought were ground breaking threads. This type of thread has been done to death. I would suggest looking about five pages within in all the WWE sections before you post something concerning this.

We all know that the Undertaker's retirement is looming on the horizon.

I know that the guy is old, but how are we for sure that he is going to retire? I can't possibly imagine that they will end it on HHH, if they go that route, this year. Who is to say that he doesn't come around every Wrestlemania season for five more years?

Here's how I'd do it. I'd have him face the resurrected Kane one last time at Wrestlemania. Have him win and then have Paul Bearer come out to the ring, raise the Urn with Kane and the Undertaker kneeling to it then have the gong hit and the lights go out. When the gong hits and the lights come back on all three are gone. I know that sounds like a kane and undertaker thing but that's just how I'd like to see it done.

God, I hope not. The only way I can see this happening is if Undertaker personally requests to go out this way.

There have been absolutely no teasers for him, nothing to indicate that his return is imminent.

Have you completely missed the times that HHH has called him out and said that he is waiting for him to return? :shrug:

For such an experienced poster, I am very surprised by your lack of thinking this through. It was just last year the Undertaker made his return on 2/21/11, and he came out only to be interrupted by HHH they looked at each other then the mania sign then bam we have a match. To say that they wouldn't give the undertaker at least some sort of send off seems pretty far fetched. Who's to say he hasn't been training for the like 6 months. I am not saying you are completely wrong, but just by what happened last year to say he is point blank finished is kind of uninformed. On to the post, I have heard this scenario a few other times, and I kind of like it. I was just telling a friend the other day that I don't think HHH and Taker can produce another interesting match this year. HHH beat him and beat him last year only for taker to get through it with the win. I don't see an angle where they could do anything again even with HBK as the ref. Personally I like the Kane scenario the best.

The Undertaker is already retired, they just haven't announced it. IF he was going to return to the ring in preparation for Wrestlemania, he would have returned last night at the Royal Rumble. There have been absolutely no teasers for him, nothing to indicate that his return is imminent. If the Undertaker were going to return, the WWE would be trying to capitalize on it. The Undertaker is one of the most popular wrestlers they have ever had, and his return, if built up, would definitely increase their ratings in anticipation. Yet, NONE of this has happened this year, and there are only two months to go before Wrestlemania.

I would love for the WWE to prove me wrong on this, but with the relatively short amount of time left to get the Undertaker back in ring shape before April 1, to set up an opponent/feud that makes the match worth watching, etc, I just don't see it happening.

Two months is plenty of time to start a fued now adays and plus HHH is coming back today, so maybe hell issue a challenge to taker for their 3rd match. ALSO how do u know hes not in ring shape? He could be training as we speak. There is no proof for either theory but im just saying, i dont think he is retiring and there is plenty of time for him to come back

I respect but disagree with your opinion. I dont think takers retired just yet, i think hes got at least two more matches in him.
I think he'll interupt HHH tonight on Raw just like HHH interupted him last year and as much as i dont want to see it again i think it will set up Taker vs HHH III. This also allows Lauringitis to keep his job.

But to go back on topic I agree with Dinosa. I think after he wins for the final time whenever that may be, he should be taken to the back in his casket never to be seen again, with the words " I will rest in peace" to end it. :undertaker2:

For such an experienced poster, I am very surprised by your lack of thinking this through. It was just last year the Undertaker made his return on 2/21/11, and he came out only to be interrupted by HHH they looked at each other then the mania sign then bam we have a match. To say that they wouldn't give the undertaker at least some sort of send off seems pretty far fetched. Who's to say he hasn't been training for the like 6 months. I am not saying you are completely wrong, but just by what happened last year to say he is point blank finished is kind of uninformed. On to the post, I have heard this scenario a few other times, and I kind of like it. I was just telling a friend the other day that I don't think HHH and Taker can produce another interesting match this year. HHH beat him and beat him last year only for taker to get through it with the win. I don't see an angle where they could do anything again even with HBK as the ref. Personally I like the Kane scenario the best.

After TWO MONTHS of teasers. Everyone already knew that the Undertaker was returning well before he physically appeared.

With every Undertaker return, there are always the video packages, the hints, etc. There hasn't been any of that this year. If the Undertaker was returning, the WWE would be encouraging the speculation of it in order to draw ratings, as they have in years past. If he was planning on returning, one would think that we would have already started to see the groundwork being laid for it.

HBSam31 said:
Who's to say he hasn't been training for the like 6 months.
krazyd said:
ALSO how do u know hes not in ring shape?

There is a huge difference between being physically in shape and being in "ring shape". You can't get in ring shape by working out, its about working out the ring rust, getting your timing back after taking almost a year off, it's about getting back into rhythm. Two very different things. The most physically fit wrestler in the world, the very definition of physical perfection in a wrestler, could be in absolutely terrible ring shape. Someone like Mick Foley, who is in terrible physical shape, given a month, could probably look like a decent wrestler again, because he is in good ring shape, has his timing down, etc.

If the Undertaker were back in the ring training, there would have been SOMETHING leaked by one of the wrestling newsboards or something by now.

Kermit said:
Have you completely missed the times that HHH has called him out and said that he is waiting for him to return?

Seriously, if the best they can come up with Taker/HHH part III, what is the incentive for him to return? It's boring, unimaginative, repetitive.

Even with Kane, while probably more appropriate from a storyline angle, has already been done twice before as well. There simply aren't many marquee names for the Undertaker to face that he hasn't already been there, done that with, that aren't already spoken for. Taker/Rock or Taker/Cena would have been phenomenal (pun intended). Neither have gone against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania before, and both are opponents worthy of it. Yet, both are occupied.

What other wrestlers would be able to fit in with the Undertaker, to match the level of perceived quality? Who is both left for him to wrestle, and available for him?

Like I said, I hope the WWE proves me wrong, but all of the signs point to the Undertaker being finished. I don't want him to be done, I would love to see him get the send-off. God knows he deserves one. But, he may not also want it. I have no idea if the idea of a send-off even appeals to him, he might be the kind of guy who is perfectly happy having an unannounced retirement and be content to slowly fade away into the history books.

What other wrestlers would be able to fit in with the Undertaker, to match the level of perceived quality? Who is both left for him to wrestle, and available for him?

As you mentioned, Rock or Cena would be ideal. However, I think on the current roster the only one that could fight a legitimate match with 'Taker and would be a believable opponent that could end the streak (that we haven't seen him fight 50 times already) is Chris Jericho. A case could be made for Randy Orton as well, since when Randy fought him, he was much younger and nowhere near the superstar he is now. Other than that, there's no one that should even set foot in the ring with him at Wrestlemania.

I still think he will be back before Mania (possibly tonight) but I thought the perfect time to come back shockingly would have been last night when Kane was about to destroy Eve. It didnt have to lead to a Kane v Taker match, but i thought that was a good time to have him come back. I am all for a Kane v Taker match again. But yeah he could return the monday before mania and get a match and it would sell, it is the Undertaker guys come on.

It's already been said that WWE creative are playing with Taker/HHH or Taker/Jericho. Out of the two I'd much rather see Taker/Jericho because I don't think they've ever even faced eachother before. And yes I kinda figured this thread had already been done but I wasn't totally sure but anyway I would rather taker went out the way his career has been for the last 20 yrs. Mysteriously. No ric flair like send off even though he damn well deserves it because in my opinion the Undertaker is one of if not THE greatest superstar of all time with a gimmick that has been copied in lower wrestling establishments (not tna) but could never be done as well as Taker. Mark played it perfectly and he deserves a big send off for all he's done but I'd rather he go out mysteriously than come out and hug everyone because that is untaker like lol. But it was just an idea as I had heard that Kane was also nearing the end of his career even though he has a few more yrs left in him but for the Undertaker its not so much hes getting old as there's not much left for him to do. I don't see him staying much longer and WM would be the perfect time for him to go because thats been HIS show for so long. Whether Kane and Paul Bearer are in on it or not he should go out in a cloud of mist and darkness just like the way hes been coming in for 20 years.

If Undertaker is going to retire, it should be at Survivor Series and not at WrestleMania. Because he debuted at Survivor Series, and it's only fitting that he go out at Survivor Series. That way he can put somebody over, and not have to worry about "The Streak" being broken.

The only way to have Undertaker retire is to win the championship at WRM, then the next day on Raw, come out as Marc(no gong, no music, nothing), give his fairwell address, and leave the belt lying in the middle of the ring.

Granted this would not be possible at this years Mania, so could we possibly see 21-0, with the match set at this years WRM(like the Cena-Crock, i mean Rock).

This would give him a year to plan, choreograph(hate using that word), and train for one last great match.

After TWO MONTHS of teasers. Everyone already knew that the Undertaker was returning well before he physically appeared.

With every Undertaker return, there are always the video packages, the hints, etc. There hasn't been any of that this year. If the Undertaker was returning, the WWE would be encouraging the speculation of it in order to draw ratings, as they have in years past. If he was planning on returning, one would think that we would have already started to see the groundwork being laid for it.

There is a huge difference between being physically in shape and being in "ring shape". You can't get in ring shape by working out, its about working out the ring rust, getting your timing back after taking almost a year off, it's about getting back into rhythm. Two very different things. The most physically fit wrestler in the world, the very definition of physical perfection in a wrestler, could be in absolutely terrible ring shape. Someone like Mick Foley, who is in terrible physical shape, given a month, could probably look like a decent wrestler again, because he is in good ring shape, has his timing down, etc.

If the Undertaker were back in the ring training, there would have been SOMETHING leaked by one of the wrestling newsboards or something by now.

Seriously, if the best they can come up with Taker/HHH part III, what is the incentive for him to return? It's boring, unimaginative, repetitive.

Even with Kane, while probably more appropriate from a storyline angle, has already been done twice before as well. There simply aren't many marquee names for the Undertaker to face that he hasn't already been there, done that with, that aren't already spoken for. Taker/Rock or Taker/Cena would have been phenomenal (pun intended). Neither have gone against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania before, and both are opponents worthy of it. Yet, both are occupied.

Like I said, I hope the WWE proves me wrong, but all of the signs point to the Undertaker being finished. I don't want him to be done, I would love to see him get the send-off. God knows he deserves one. But, he may not also want it. I have no idea if the idea of a send-off even appeals to him, he might be the kind of guy who is perfectly happy having an unannounced retirement and be content to slowly fade away into the history books.

I made a thread on undertaker vs resurrected kane, but if kane goes in with a ton of momentum the way he destroys cena I do not believe taker could physically stop kane. If kane back in his stale gimmick in 2010 could beat undertaker, how in the hell will undertaker defeat this monster that is the essence of his 98 gimmick. Mark and glen would have to really train so damn hard to even put on a mania match

But I have made a new thread, why not Y2J vs undertaker, Y2J's end of the world storyline, undertaker's deadman gimmick it could be a great storyline

I don't usually comment on here just prefer to read peoples opinions, and thought I'd drop my two sence in, The Undertaker's last match should be a loss at wrestlemania it is the only stage in which one of the greatest performers of all time should go out on. Given the talent that is about now Jericho should be his match this year and his last match should be against a newer talent next year ideally CM Punk although I can see it being Cena :suspic: If I had my way his last match against HBK should have been both of their last matchs.

The Undertaker and Kane matches - the way they have gone down - have nearly been the same couple of matches re-run over and over again. However, I have to sort of agree with the notion of UT facing Kane in his last match; I never got the feeling that their past business was ever really "settled" and that kind of leaves an opening that, if played right, could actually be interesting, even after all this time. Does anyone remember "Missing in Action" with Chuck Norris? When they went to do Part 2, it was actually a pre-quel in that it went further back to show what brought about the story that was the original part 1. The UT character was based on the idea of losing the family in a fire, Kane turning out to be the only survivor, Paul Bearer being Kane's father, etc. If WWe creative put some effort into it and really thought about the match, Kane/UT could end up being the exclamation point of UT's careeri, i.e. going out with the same person he came in with (Bearer) and the same "ghost" in the background (Kane). Before anybody shoots me, please remember I said "if WWE creative puts in the effort" and I'll be the first to admit that is a very big if.

I think that the undertaker should win his last match, after being taken to the limit like he was with HHH but instead of him being taken out by cart this time, unable to get up or move, the druids should come in and carry him out above them. while being carried out slowly a montage of his career should be played on the tron. the ending being him being placed on a platform surrounded by superstars paying respects and a lightning bolt strikes the platform with a fireball and he is gone.

The Undertaker and Kane matches - the way they have gone down - have nearly been the same couple of matches re-run over and over again. However, I have to sort of agree with the notion of UT facing Kane in his last match; I never got the feeling that their past business was ever really "settled" and that kind of leaves an opening that, if played right, could actually be interesting, even after all this time. Does anyone remember "Missing in Action" with Chuck Norris? When they went to do Part 2, it was actually a pre-quel in that it went further back to show what brought about the story that was the original part 1. The UT character was based on the idea of losing the family in a fire, Kane turning out to be the only survivor, Paul Bearer being Kane's father, etc. If WWe creative put some effort into it and really thought about the match, Kane/UT could end up being the exclamation point of UT's careeri, i.e. going out with the same person he came in with (Bearer) and the same "ghost" in the background (Kane). Before anybody shoots me, please remember I said "if WWE creative puts in the effort" and I'll be the first to admit that is a very big if.

This is interesting. Also, wasn't part of the story that Undertaker started the fire? I guess they could expand on that after all this time. Many of the young kids probably don't even know Undertaker and Kane's background story.

Also, remember when Wade Barrett and Nexus were in cahoots with Kane when Undertaker was buried alive the most recent time? How about building off of that story?

This is interesting. Also, wasn't part of the story that Undertaker started the fire? I guess they could expand on that after all this time. Many of the young kids probably don't even know Undertaker and Kane's background story.

Also, remember when Wade Barrett and Nexus were in cahoots with Kane when Undertaker was buried alive the most recent time? How about building off of that story?

I've thought of this it could be very interesting if done right but as another poster said that is a very big IF. I dont see Undertaker losing his last match especially at WM. I would hate to see that blemish of -1 on his streak it should be kept unblemished and perfect because I dont think anyone will go undefeated at WM like that again. :worship: :undertaker2:

I also don't think Taker should ever lose a WM match. Some people say what is the purpose of the streak then? I would say that is the legacy of the Taker. Honestly, what achievement does Taker have to differentiate him from others? It's the streak and he will be remembered 20 years from now on for that streak. I would rather like to see his career end at Survivor Series. If Dibiase could have become like Rhodes he would be a perfect fit, but he is out of the picture now. I don't like the idea much wrestling wise, but story wise I would have Kane end his career in one last feud

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back