Undertaker Retirement

I'm sure I'll get roasted for this, but I want Taker to lose and lose this year to HHH. I told myself after WM27, with the way they ended the match you can't do a rematch and have Taker win again. It just doesn't make sense. Last year trips beat him to an inch of his wrestling life. Now a year later Taker is supposed to all of a sudden win again. It doesn't make sense for him to go over again after he looked so bad last year.

Add to that the way the promos are going this time around. Last year everything was normal. Taker looked strong. This time around he's pleading for a rematch and acting almost as if he wants trips to end it.

Taker 'may' lose, doubtful in my opinion but your logic makes sense. However, he wont retire at WM28. How on earth can one of the biggest names in the business retire and then everyone forget about it and watch Rock vs Cena main event? When Taker retires it will be a huge deal at Wrestlemania will be built around it.

I also dont get all this 20-0 and 25-0 business. Why cant Taker retire on 22-0 and 23-0?! Its just utter madness! I think Taker will retire at WM30 in all honesty. Its a huge landmark and rumoured to be in Texas. Brock, Cena, Rock are 3 names I would like to see retire him.

Taker 'may' lose, doubtful in my opinion but your logic makes sense. However, he wont retire at WM28. How on earth can one of the biggest names in the business retire and then everyone forget about it and watch Rock vs Cena main event? When Taker retires it will be a huge deal at Wrestlemania will be built around it.

I also dont get all this 20-0 and 25-0 business. Why cant Taker retire on 22-0 and 23-0?! Its just utter madness! I think Taker will retire at WM30 in all honesty. Its a huge landmark and rumoured to be in Texas. Brock, Cena, Rock are 3 names I would like to see retire him.

I highly doubt Taker will lose too, I'm just looking at it from a build standpoint. It just doesn't make sense to have Taker win again after the way their match last year unfolded and the way their coming off on their promos heading into this years match.

The only way I could justify Taker winning is if HBK screws Trips so he can't end the streak. Then they could possibly set up HBK v HHH at WM29 which I think would be epic.

I highly doubt Taker will lose too, I'm just looking at it from a build standpoint. It just doesn't make sense to have Taker win again after the way their match last year unfolded and the way their coming off on their promos heading into this years match.

The only way I could justify Taker winning is if HBK screws Trips so he can't end the streak. Then they could possibly set up HBK v HHH at WM29 which I think would be epic.

Yes. The ending won't be the same as last year with Triple H losing and beating Taker within an inch of his life.

HBK is probably going to screw Triple H out of the loss and that seems the most logical finish at this moment in time.

As for HBK vs Triple H at WM29....dont see it. HBK retired, WWE made a big deal out of it and it would be disrespectful to Taker.

HBK is probably going to screw Triple H out of the loss and that seems the most logical finish at this moment in time.

You could be right, but it would be awful to have 'Taker achieve his 20-0 in that manner, or for HBK to have any influence in the ultimate result of the contest. A Hell in the Cell match should be only about the wrestlers, never the referee, guest or not. Yes, one would wonder why WWE would bother to have HBK there at all if he wasn't going to have a fateful hand in the decision but I'm still hoping it won't work out that way. Even if HBK were to make an effort to determine the winner by interfering, yet see his plans thwarted.....that would be okay.

The only thing that bothers me is the notion that some folks regard Undertaker as having fought badly last year. Yes, he was "beaten to an inch of his life" by Triple H, but the fact he emerged victorious anyway was supposed to be a tribute to his courage under fire, not how badly he was beaten.

I'm hoping that whatever gyrations they plan to put HBK through to make him an attraction in this match, the event will wind up with Shawn counting to three as one wrestler pins the shoulders of the other to the mat, or acknowledges a submission by either Undertaker or Triple H.

Then, 'Taker can retire or not. All this past year, I've been figuring he's done after this match.....and I still think so, yet can't help wondering if WWE has extended the offer to work only once a year.....and made it so lucrative that he'll make an annual appearance for years to come.

You could be right, but it would be awful to have 'Taker achieve his 20-0 in that manner, or for HBK to have any influence in the ultimate result of the contest. A Hell in the Cell match should be only about the wrestlers, never the referee, guest or not. Yes, one would wonder why WWE would bother to have HBK there at all if he wasn't going to have a fateful hand in the decision but I'm still hoping it won't work out that way. Even if HBK were to make an effort to determine the winner by interfering, yet see his plans thwarted.....that would be okay.

The only thing that bothers me is the notion that some folks regard Undertaker as having fought badly last year. Yes, he was "beaten to an inch of his life" by Triple H, but the fact he emerged victorious anyway was supposed to be a tribute to his courage under fire, not how badly he was beaten.

I'm hoping that whatever gyrations they plan to put HBK through to make him an attraction in this match, the event will wind up with Shawn counting to three as one wrestler pins the shoulders of the other to the mat, or acknowledges a submission by either Undertaker or Triple H.

Then, 'Taker can retire or not. All this past year, I've been figuring he's done after this match.....and I still think so, yet can't help wondering if WWE has extended the offer to work only once a year.....and made it so lucrative that he'll make an annual appearance for years to come.

Taker will have a WWE contract for life. Just like HBK has. Even when he retires he will do appearences and probably appear in angles to help the company. He wont dissappear forever.

Its become the norm now for Taker to dissappear after WM and return 'some months' down the line. It is becoming repetetive aswell. Maybe they will do something as a point of difference? I would be very surprised to see him retire at this Wrestlemania though for reasons mentioned earlier.

Maybe we will see the return of Mr McMahon at Wrestlemania? Maybe he will screw Triple H out of ending the streak? The streak is good for business and not something the McMahon character will want to see end? Maybe HBK is just a decoy. It needs a different finish anyway. Triple losing THREE TIMES CLEANLY to Taker doesn't do his character anygood does it. He has to be screwed this time around. It also doesnt benefit him ending the streak, he doesn't need too end the streak. Someone else like Sheamus or even a heel Cena could benefit more.

Triple H has just signed a new 3 year deal as an active performer though. If he does end the streak, then it has to be part of a bigger picture that will aid him in the coming years as an authority figure.

This is my first thread so cut me a little slack if you will. I'm not sure if this thread already exist so I'm sorry if it does.

We all know that the Undertaker's retirement is looming on the horizon. Even though I myself shudder at the mere thought that we would no longer see the Deadman in even once a year matches. But how would you do it? How do you think the Undertaker should be retired? When? Will he win or lose his last match?

Here's how I'd do it. I'd have him face the resurrected Kane one last time at Wrestlemania. Have him win and then have Paul Bearer come out to the ring, raise the Urn with Kane and the Undertaker kneeling to it then have the gong hit and the lights go out. When the gong hits and the lights come back on all three are gone. I know that sounds like a kane and undertaker thing but that's just how I'd like to see it done.

What are your thoughts?

that actually sounds like a great idea IMO. if anyone is to be Taker's last match i do see it being against his Kayfabe brother Kane. Personally i would like to see Kane win that match though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back