Ascension 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

a0161613

WZCW's Mr Excitement
Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Ascension 49!

A roar from the crowd as the excitement for the show is starting to build.

Anderson: At this time, please welcome a man who went through one of the most violent, brutal and barbaric matches in WZCW history; STEVEN HOLMES!!!

[YOUTUBE]_4IRMYuE1hI[/YOUTUBE]

Almost immediately following the start of Beethoven, the crowd ignites into a flame of unbridled hatred. They know what part they have to play as does Anderson, but does Holmes? We ask this question because “The Elite” does not emerge. After a good thirty seconds, the boos continue, but for a different reason. The man they crave to hate is not coming to their call. The music dies, and still no Holmes. Anderson too looks confused.

Anderson: Uh...; STEVEN HOLMES!

The production team try once more; play Holmes music as the crowd again bombard the entrance ramp with hatred. Again, thirty seconds pass, and no Holmes. The crowd’s booing has decreased somewhat significantly, instead loud chatter is the main noise.

Connor: Very uncharacteristic of Steven Holmes to not come out and relish the people’s hatred.

Cohen: I sincerely hope “The Elite” is alright.

Anderson scratches her head, unsure of what she’s going to do. A member of the production crew talks to her about something, attempting to move onto the next segment, or the first match, anything that distracts from this bizarre situation when suddenly, a third attempt at summoning Holmes strikes the arena as the 5th Symphony rings out once again. Again, it appears that there is going to be no Steven Holmes when, very slowly, Holmes emerges onto the stage. The first instinct of the audience is to boo, and they do so at an even more elevated fashion compared to normal due to the delays. Cat Connor however is a bit more sympathetic.

Connor: Oh my goodness...

Holmes is wheelchair-bound. He is wheeling himself around, hence the delay, and it doesn’t stop there. His body is hunched over in increased pain due to the glass, chairs and God knows what else from Kingdom Come. His right arm is in a sling and a set of scars decorate Holmes face, complete with stitches and a large black eye. Topping off this ensemble is a neck brace, which partially holds his head in place. It’s rather comedic, or it would be if not for the sour as citrus look on Holmes’ face. He looks deeply agitated by his predicament.

He decides not to wheel himself down the ramp as it could be disastrous. Instead, he does his best to turn his head to a stage-hand, fighting through whatever discomfort he’s in, and mouths at them to give him a microphone. The stage-hand does so, and Holmes, using his good hand holds the voice amplification device. The boos continue to reign down.

Holmes prepares himself to speak, but the level of booing increases once more. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath in, absorbing the moment, likely getting a rush of adrenaline from the hatred he is sustaining. Then, once the crowd has quietened once more, he goes to speak, raising his left arm to his mouth.

Holmes: It’s clear that every single person in this arena, every single person at home watching this television broadcast and every person in the world who watches WZCW has a deep, disgusting obsession with hating me.

Booing resumes almost on cue as Holmes shoots a brief, sinister smirk.

Holmes: Oh that’s right, boo. Hate me. I love the fact that you despise me so. It fuels me, it makes me feel special. There are few, if any, people you hate more whether that’s in WZCW or even in your everyday lives that you disgusting, petulant worms hate more, and that is sublime. I relish the booing you reign down upon me. I bathe in it, much as I bathe in the fear of my enemies. In fact, they are practically one in the same. One of the key reasons for your hatred of me is blatantly a psychological fear you have of not only my superiority, but my borderline insanity.

Long words, and a deep seated resentment of Holmes as a person and as a wrestler spring to life once more as incredible boos echo throughout the arena. Holmes decides to fight through them to make his point.

Holmes: All of you don’t seem to realise this, but a lethal combination of your hatred, my violent streak, and the fascination I have developed with fear have lead to me being pushed to the brink of my own sanity. I am so close to falling into an abyss of madness it’s scary, even for a master of fear such as myself. In fact, I may be oblivious to the notion, but I may well have already been consumed. I can even pin-point the moment. The precise occurrence of this; Kingdom Come IV. As I lay, bloodied, beaten and battered inside the squared circle, I new my war with Dave was over. He had won...

This draws a mighty cheer from the audience.

Holmes: ...I was bested. However, I thought I had done enough, fought hard enough and absorbed enough punishment to earn at least an iota of respect from all of you...

This is accompanied by a resounding “NO!” from the audience.

Holmes: But of course, being the fickle, degenerate kind you are, and out of the fear you live in, you didn’t applaud or cheer. Nay, you booed and laughed and snickered. You all pointed and made fun of the Englishmen with the royal heritage and the broken body. You laughed at a man when he was down. In fact I assume the majority of you are still laughing as I metaphorically attempt to pick up my broken teeth.

The crowd are more than happy to respond with exaggerated laughter, mocking Holmes while he sits, steaming in his wheelchair.

Holmes: Well the fact of the matter is this; you have laughed at me for the last time. I not only lost the match to Big Dave at Kingdom Come. No, I...

Holmes pauses, the sour look disappearing for a moment, before returning and then vanishing once more, into a sea of sadness. Holmes’ eyes even start to water slightly.

Holmes: ...I also lost my career!

A roar from the audience follows. Holmes, tears now forming slowly, stares out into the audience with pure unbridled hatred. He despises them for this, making fun of his misery.

Holmes: I lost my career, and I don’t blame Big Dave for it one bit. I knew coming into Kingdom Come that Dave wanted to destroy me. I knew he wanted to defeat me and diabolically pick me apart, potentially ending me in the process. I don’t even hold you, the ignorant and unwashed responsible. No, the individual I hold responsible for this is John Constantine. This man, was my friend. He was my ally. He was my confidant. I trusted this man and what did he do? He took a knife and he stabbed my right in the back. You American’s will liken it to Benedict Arnold. Do what you must, butr this man, no, this monster robbed me of my livelihood. He robbed me of my dreams, my hopes and my aspirations. He has not just ended my career...he has taken my quality of life.

A large cheer comes from the crowd who love every moment of this. Tears are beginning to stream down Holmes face.

Holmes: You don’t seem to be aware of it, and you people could not care less, but John Constantine’s interference has caused my spine to suffer severe nerve trauma. I have no mobility in my lower extremities. In other words, I can no longer walk. Forever I am confined to this monstrosity because of the selfish act of one man and his pathetic puny jealousy. John Constantine...I despise you for robbing me of everything. But do remember this, everyone gets what’s coming to them, and sooner or later, through means of my own or someone else, Constantine will be struck down. One could say I’ll have my...Redemption?

Holmes drops the mic at the quizzical note and with his face red, his eyes matching demands to be wheeled out. A stage-hand comes to assist.

Cohen: Such a passionate, raw speech from Steven Holmes. I’m heartbroken by this news.

Connor: It is quite sad, but to blame Constantine is mad it’s not like he was the one who spent the match beating Holmes to a bloody, messy pulp.

Cohen: No, but he did turn the tide of the match, lest ye’ forget.

Connor: Well regardless, we welcome you to Ascension 49 which while kicking off on a somewhat sombre note, promises much excitement.

Suddenly we cut to the backstage area where John Constantine, King for a Day briefcase in tow, is watching the events of the show unfold. He shakes his head as Stacey Madison walks into shot.

Stacey: Mr. Constantine...

Constantine turns suddenly towards her.

Stacey: Mr. Constantine, you clearly just saw the passionate display of emotion from your former ally, and it would seem now, your nemesis Steven Holmes. He claims you are responsible for ending his career, your response?

Constantine thinks for a moment and even scratches his chin, contemplating his thoughts. Then he speaks.

Constantine: I understand his hatred for me and his paranoia even, but that does not for one moment make me have a guilty conscience. I am perfectly aware of my role in Holmes' demise, and I stand by what I did. Holmes will simply have to...learn to adapt. After all...

Constantine holds his King for a Day briefcase into shot.

Constantine: ...I did.

The King for a Day walks off, out of shot, leaving Stacey stood alone as the show rolls on!

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, the following match is scheduled for one fall.

After a moment, Bull emerges on the stage, a pair of large sunglasses sitting upon the bridge of his nose. The fans immediately start booing the smug superstar as he begins to move down the ramp. Bull continues down the ramp, stopping every so often to inform a fan that he is “the best looking superstar in WZCW history”. As the fans shake their head in disgust, Bull simply shrugs it off and reaches the ring.

Anderson: Introducing first, weighing in at 186 pounds, Darren “The Destruction” Bull!

Connor: Coming off of a loss at Aftershock 10, Bull is coming into this match looking to prove a point.

Cohen: This pretty boy needs to make a point, CC. Yeah, he has the looks of a superstar. And yes he can run his mouth like the best of them. But he needs to start putting notches in the W column if he stands any chance of making progress in WZCW.

Bull climbs the ring steps and finally gets into the ring. He is still taking some time to taunt the fans as they continue to boo him. Bull gets onto the turnbuckle and stretches his arms out to his side, urging the fans to reconsider their perspective on him. As the booing continues, Bull drops down to the canvas and waits for his opponent.

As the serene music fills the arena, Jackson first appears. Sitting down, as if meditating, he has his eyes closed and a his legs crossed beneath him. He sits motionless for a moment further before slowly getting to his feet. Jackson begins to move down the ramp as the crowd look at him, perhaps intrigued by his quite introduction. Jackson continues down to the ring, his eyes narrowly opened as he walks.

Anderson: And his opponent, weighing in at 185 pounds, The American Shaolin Warrior... Hunter Jackson!

Connor: Another man coming into Ascension on the back of a loss tonight. This time, Jackson falling pray to The Masked Gentleman at Aftershock 10. Another good showing from the rookie then, he'll be looking to go one step further against Bull.

Cohen: Both guys could be doing with a win these days. What better way to do that than with a win on a televised show broadcast to millions?

Jackson continues his serene entrance before sliding under the bottom rope and eyeing up his opponent at the other side of the ring. Standing motionless, Jackson waits as the referee makes his final checks and then signals for the bell. Both men stare each other for a moment as the referee gives his orders to start the match. Both men take their time about it but eventually they are circling the ring. After a tense second, both men lock up in the middle of the canvas and jostle for position. There is a fearsome display of strength as Jackson eventually pushes Bull away. But before he can think of making any more offence, Bull is back at him, locking him up once again. It is Bull, this time, who takes the advantage when he lands a sucker punch to the jaw of his intense opponent. Bull takes his opportunity to follow this sneak attack up with a few bionic elbows that stagger Jackson. Jackson treads backwards, trying to get away from the ongoing offensive of the pretty boy opponent. He staggers into the corner as Bull throws a few knife-edge chops to the chest. Bull continues to pick apart Jackson in the opening of the match with a crafty eye rake that is unseen by the referee. Jackson stumbles out of the corner, clutching his eyes in the process. But before he can think of mounting any sort of offensive himself, Bull nails him with a bulldog that takes Jackson to the canvas for the first time in the match. He covers The Shaolin Warrior. 1... 2... Kick out!

Cohen: Impressive stuff from Bull here.

Connor: I have to agree with you there, Jack. Bull has flown out of the gates here and Jackson needs to try and keep up with him in the rest of the match if he is to have sort of chance of winning.

Bull gets to his feet and looks out into the crowd, who are still giving him no quarter because of his earlier antics. Continuing this, Bull gives a wry smile to the crowd, signalling his arrogance. The boos roar louder now as Bull loses himself in gloating for a second. It is to his own detriment however as Jackson gets back to his feet, catching the unsuspecting Bull with a few punches of his own. Bull recoils in pain as each smashing blow connects with his face. Jackson seems renewed now as he follows up with an inverted atomic drop. Bull screams in agony as he tries to figure out a way of getting back in control of this match. This seems like a long way away though as Jackson hits out with a dropkick that sends Bull reeling against the ropes and back into Jackson, who is quickly back to his feet and looking to take Bull down with a drop-toe hold. Both men hit the canvas once more as Jackson executes his hold to perfection. He is quickly on top of Bull though, locking in a well-executed camel clutch. Bull struggles against the hold but with one final effort, Jackson locks in the hold and Bull seems to be in some trouble.

Connor: How the tables have turned now, Jack.

Cohen: You know it, CC. Both of these guys are having some trouble finding any real sort of control in this match. What either side will need is some consistency. If one man can get that nailed, then this match is their for the taking.

Connor: And right now it seems as though Hunter Jackson is the man who is closest to gaining that consistency.

As Bull reaches for the ropes, Jackson nails him with some destructive blows to the chest. Bull struggles against the move and is soon on the verge of reaching the ropes. With one final effort, he reaches out his hand and touches the bottom rope, gripping it tightly with everything to lose. The referee calls for the break and Jackson obliges him. Jackson gets to his feet but instead of lauding his advantage over his opponent, he simply calms himself and and picks up the recovering Bull. Bull looks the picture of hurt as he clutches his bruised chest as Jackson gets him to his feet. Jackson quickly Irish whips Bull across the ring, hoping to take him down with another dropkick. Bull, however, seems wise to the move though and manages to avoid the contact causing Jackson to hit the canvas for nothing. Jackson springs to his feet, only to be caught with a roll up attempt from Bull. The referee reaches a surprising count of 2 before Jackson manages to roll a shoulder out. Jackson gets to his feet and looks to end this match with a heavy swinging arm in the direction of his opponent. Bull manages to duck under his arm though and takes Jackson to the canvas with a beautiful elbow to the face before following up with a running knee to take Jackson back to the unforgiving canvas.

Connor: Again, Jack, you see that this match swings from side to side without either man really able to take full control.

Cohen: And you might see it swing again, CC. This match has seen more ups and downs that a yo-yo and that looks set to continue. Both of these guys are new to the business and are giving us everything right here in the ring. They need to learn how to pace themselves and pick their moments better.

Connor: Exactly! You have to feel that whoever can pace themselves in the match will come out victorious in this volatile environment.

Bull tries to cover Jackson but Jackson is too fresh and the referee only manages to get to a count of 1 before Jackson powers out of the pin attempt. Both men are slow to get to their feet but it is Bull who makes the most of the opportunity, nailing Jackson with a spinning heel kick that staffers the Shaolin Warrior to his core. Bull sees the opportunity to put this match away and follows up with a swift elbow to the face of Jackson. Bull looks to end the match as he springs off of the ropes, looking to land an Awesome Punishment. Jackson has the move well scouted though and manages to duck under the flying leg of the pretty boy opponent, instead hitting bull with the tornado DDT. The crowd get to their feet as Jackson makes contact with Bull. They cheer for the Warrior as he slowly crawls on top of his opponent. The fans cheer along as the referee counts the 1... 2... Bull rolls a shoulder out in the nick of time. Jack son simply cannot believe what he is seeing as Bull powers out of the pin. The calm and reserved nature of Jackson seems to be slipping away now as he begins to ponder how to put Bull away once and for all. Jackson gets to his feet once more, sluggishly this time. He stalks the unsuspecting Bull for a moment as the crowd call for blood and the finish to this match. As Bull gets to his feet, Jackson signals The Way to the fans. There is a cheer around the arena as Jackson tries to lock in the attack. There is some confusion though as Bull manages to wriggle free from Jackson's hold, runninf off of the ropes and nailing Jackson with some Awesome Punishment. He falls on top of the knocked out Jackson for 1... 2... 3!

Anderson: Here is your winner, Darren Bull!

Connor: An impressive showing for both men this week. But Darren Bull took his chances and it is Hunter Jackson who will have to go back to the drawing board from here on out.

Cohen: With a loss like that, Jackson might want to take some time away and re-evaluate himself. Perhaps it is something in his head that is keeping him from reaching his potential.

Connor: No matter, Bull picks up an impressive snap victory here.

Bull gets to his feet before checking his mouth for blood. He checks to ensure that all of his teeth are in place before giving his trademark smile to crowd who begin booing him again. He rolls out of the ring, places his sunglasses back on his face and leaves Jackson in the ring, ruing his luck.

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]Ay9BWM8lwOA[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd cheers as they see Stevenson Marquel walk out with more than a limp than usual, most likely still recovering from his Mayhem title match at Kingdom Come. However, he still has a smile on his face despite the lack of gold on him as he continues down the ramp rapping with the song.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Brooklyn, NY, weighing in at 282 pounds; Stevenson Marquel!

Marquel enters the ring and taunts for the fans, waiting in one of the corners for his opponent where he is stretching out his bad leg.

[YOUTUBE]lQFETJqRctw[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd continues to cheer as Armstrong appears on stage, looking around the arena at the audience before walking down the ramp with a determined look on his face.

Anderson: And his opponent, from Jacksonville, FL, weighing in at 240 pounds; Jason Armstrong!

Connor: This should be an interesting match for Armstrong tonight: he has the chance to face a former Mayhem champion before getting his opportunity at Ace Stevens for the title.

Cohen: It's not like it's going to matter though... I mean, it's Ace Stevens!

Armstrong gets into the ring as the music dies down and the referee checks on both men before signalling for the bell.

Marquel and Armstrong prance around the ring before the two lock-up with Marquel getting the advantage, pushing Armstrong into the corner. He gives a clean break, allowing Armstrong to come out. The two walk in a circle once more before they lock-up again and again Marquel gets the advantage, pushing Armstrong into the corner once more. Another clean break as Armstrong hesitates to get out of the corner. Some members of the crowd applaud this very sportsmanlike match. Armstrong gets out of the corner again but this time runs at Marquel and locks-up, having the momentum necessary to push the big man into the corner. He gives off a clean break and allows Marquel to come forward. They lock-up for the fourth time where Marquel pushes Armstong against the ropes before whipping him across the ring. Marquel readies himself and hits a clothesline on Armstrong, knocking him down. Marquel turns around and sees a hooded man slide into the ring, holding what appears to be a steel pipe. Marquel is unprepared as the man whacks the back of Marquel's bad leg, causing the referee to signal for the bell as a DQ.

Connor: What's this all about? Where is security?

The man then looks over at Armstrong who is getting up and smacks him across the chest with the pipe before ramming one end of the pipe into Jason's face. Marquel is seen trying to get up but the man hits him in the face as well with the pipe end. The hooded man then takes off his hood to reveal that is Ace Stevens, with a loud boo resonating from the audience.

Cohen: The champ bringing a little Mayhem to this match.

Connor: But what for? Stevens has the week off; he wasn't supposed to be here.

Ace walks over to the ropes and asks for a microphone which is handed to him almost immediately. He snatches it and waits for the crowd to die down in booing so he can talk.

Stevens: As one of the world's greatest comedians, I've had to bear witness to a lot of bad material. If I had the time, I could be standing up here for hours telling you a plethora of terrible jokes... but this?

Stevens points behind him to Marquel & Armstrong.

Stevens: This has to be the worst joke of all-time. You've got a pathetic excuse for a number one contender performing collar-elbow tie-up's with a man who lucked his way into become a champion of pure Mayhem. It's a joke that these two are considered the top competitors of my division outside of myself...

The crowd boos at Stevens.

Stevens: For a man who will become the best Mayhem champion of all-time: this... this is not acceptable.

Stevens turns around to see Armstrong on his knees trying to get up, allowing Stevens to whack him again with the steel pipe. The crowd boos as Stevens looks at the damage he has done before he exits the ring and walks up the ramp, holding his hands high.

Cohen: A strong display by Stevens tonight telling the world he wants better competition.

Connor: He just took out the number one contender: how is that helping his chances if his future opponent isn't 100%?

Cohen: If you can't take a few shots from a weapon a couple of weeks before a Mayhem title match, you shouldn't even be a contender.

[YOUTUBE]Yo3Rltxov5A[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: Introducing first, from Manchester, England, weighing in at 223 pounds, Johnny Scumm!

Scumm makes his way out to the stage and the fans give him a warm response, having won them over with his performance at Kingdom Come. He hesitates on the stage a moment and looks over his shoulder, waving as if encouraging someone to come out. Soon, his father joins him on the stage to a rousing round of applause, the crowd appreciating the father-son moment. The two make their way down to the ring together where Scumm shows his father to a seat safely out of the way of the action before climbing into the ring and readying himself for the match.

Connor: Scumm acquitted himself well in a hard fought contest for the Elite X championship at Kingdom Come, but came up just short. Looked at as a long shot of a contender to begin with, how important is this match to Scumm to re-establish himself?

Cohen: Extremely important, Cat. I liked Scumm back when he first showed up, but if you ask me, he's lost all his fire and passion. He has to find it and win tonight to remain in contention, or else it's back to curtain jerking at Aftershock for him.

[YOUTUBE]NTiktZzPguU[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: And his opponent, from Phoenix, Arizona, he weighs 220 lbs, the Elite X Champion, Triple X!

Triple X takes the stage to a thunderous ovation from the crowd, welcoming their champion gleefully after his title defense at Kingdom Come. X taps his belt a few times graciously before making his way down to the ring, slapping hands with the fans on the way. He slides into the ring and holds up his belt to the crowd, which roars its approval, before handing it off to the referee and then preparing.

Connor: You can take the opposite of everything we just said about Scumm and apply it to Triple X. With the win at Kingdom Come, he's cemented himself firmly as champion and a major player in WZCW, and he doesn't look to be going anywhere for a long time. That said, what are we looking at if Scumm pulls off the upset tonight?

Cohen: I don't expect it'll lead to much more than another title match that one of them will choke and lose. I'd like to fast forward through what I can of this division, Cat, until a real champion emerges.

The referee hands the belt off to the ring crew and then goes on to check the competitors for anything illegal. Satisfied that both are clean, he signals for the bell and we are underway for this non-title contest. The two circle one another to kick things off and lock up. Scumm looks to have the early advantages and reaches over, looking for a headlock, but X catches him off guard with a quick roll up attempt. Scumm kicks out at two and both men are quickly on their feet, Scumm going for a clothesline, but X ducks, puts on a waistlock, pushes Scumm into the ropes and hits an O'Connor Roll for a pin! Scumm is out at one and X goes to the ropes while Scumm gets to his feet. On the rebound, Scumm lifts X into the air but X rolls through it and hits a sunset flip for a quick pin attempt, getting only two. Scumm pops up again and this time sweeps X's legs out from under him and follows with an elbow drop, but X rolls out of the way, leaving Scumm on all fours while X pops up and hits an Oklahoma roll once again for a pin but only getting two. X pops up and challenges Scumm who rolls out of the ring to regroup.

Connor: X continues to surprise, showing a deft array of quick, technical pinning combinations that have left Scumm confused and frustrated.

Cohen: A lot of fancy flim-flam in my opinion. What happened to punching people?

Scumm takes a few deep breaths and slides back into the ring, standing up and once again circling with X. Scumm has a few words for X who jaws back, until Scumm takes advantage with a quick kick to the gut and a chop to the back. Scumm whips X into the corner and follows him there, but X lifts his legs up, wraps them around Scumm's head, kicks him out of the way and then ascends the middle rope. Scumm closes again but X deftly leaps over his head, hitting the ropes and catching Scumm on the rebound with a crossbody. The two are up quickly and close again, X taking advantage this time with an arm drag. They close once more and X lifts Scumm over and up with a backbody drop. Scumm is on his knees and X closes, but Scumm desperately grabs hold of X and hurls him into the corner, X going facefirst into the middle turnbuckle. Scumm quickly takes the advantage, heading to the corner after X and beating him up with a variety of punches and kicks before the referee backs him out. Scumm tries to whip X into the opposite corner, but X reverses it and sends Scumm there instead. X closes but Scumm is quickly out and under X, tripping him up and sending him into the middle turnbuckle once more. Scumm stands X up in the corner and levels a few chops before backing up a bit, charging, and hitting a big turnbuckle splash.

Connor: Perhaps it was only a matter of time before X's quick, evasive offense caught up to him and Scumm took control. Now it's about weathering the storm for the champ.

Cohen: Finally, some contact! I can't stand all those flashy pinning moves, Cat, just beat each other up, please.

X, winded, rolls out of the ring, leaving Scumm inside to consider his next move. Scumm decides not to let X rest too long, following outside and beating on him a little bit before tossing him inside. He follows and locks in a headlock on the champ and wrenches it well for a good while. X eventually fights his way back to a vertical base and fights out of the headlock with some questionable closed fists, but the hold is broken and X hits the ropes. Scumm looks up only to get a Crucifix pinning combination for his troubles, leading to a two count. Both men are up but this time Scumm takes control with a big clothesline. X gets to his feet slowly and Scumm meets him wiht a kick to the back. He grabs X by the head, hooks an arm around and lifts him for a vertical suplex, dropping X down with it. He goes for a quick pin but only gets two. He pulls X up once more and hits him with several chops and punches; X feebly tries to answer but gets only a boot to his face for his troubles. X is dazed and on his knees while Scumm considers his next move. Scumm backs off to take a breath before closing; his hesitation costs him as X meets him with a hard kick to the gut, followed by a desperation Heart Stopper!

Connor: A rookie mistake perhaps by giving the champion a little too much time to regroup there and it costs Scumm who has now seemingly lost all of his hard-won momentum.

Cohen: I'm just pleased that X actually hit somebody, instead of dancing around them.

X is too tired and worn to go for the pin and both men are down. Scumm opts to roll out of the ring. Both men take their time getting up to their feet and X notices Scumm's position, moving over to the ropes perhaps looking for a springboard move, but Scumm grabs his feet out from under him, pulls him out, and hits a quick spear that forces X into the ring apron. Scumm once again backs off for a moment before closing and X makes him pay again with a desperate boot right to Scumm's face. X hits a quick shot to Scumm's back before tossing him back in the ring and following him in. X leaps up to the top rope with his back facing Scumm; Scumm is up and closing quick but X flies off with a Whisper in the Wind! X covers Scumm but gets only two before the kick out. X is up and takes Scumm with him, hitting him hard with various elbow smashes and strikes in combination. He forces Scumm into the corner dazed, then backs off and charges with a forearm smash in the corner. X backs off and lets Scumm fall out dazed before covering, but gets only two. Scumm staggers to his knees while X hits the ropes, closes, and hits a low enzuigiri! The impact to Scumm's head can be heard throughout the arena as X goes for the pin but once again can only get two.

Connor: X has totally taken control here but just can't seem to keep Scumm down for three. You have to think he'll be looking for something big soon.

Cohen: The match is heating up, Cat! I'm actually a little excited! Uh, er, not that excited, though. I mean, it's okay.

X pulls up Scumm for another maneuver but somehow Scumm gets a desperation reversal, landing a jawbreaker before practically falling into the cover but only getting two. Scumm backs off to begin to ascend the ropes, looking for something off the middle no doubt, but he takes too much time and lets X back into it. The champ charges the corner and forces Scumm up to the top, and with a sudden burst of adrenaline X hits the Frankensteiner off the top rope! He closes for a pin, getting 1, 2...but only two and X can't believe it! X takes a minute to jaw with the ref, just long enough for Scumm to be up and ready when he goes back to him. It costs him and Scumm drops him with a big time half-nelson suplex! The crowd thinks it's over and Scumm goes for the pin, getting 1, 2...but just two! The champ is up and the crowd is into it now. Scumm gets up quickly and lays into X with punches and kicks, trying to lock in the same move, but X fights it off. Scumm breaks off and hits more punches and kicks, keeping X down. Scumm hits the ropes while X stands up, meeting Scumm with a huge chop that spins him right around, letting X hit the Adrenaline Rush! He goes for a pin but still gets only two! X stands up and signals for a big move, waiting for Scumm to get up...when he does, he meets Scumm with the X-Rated! Scumm seems to be out as he collapses and X goes for the pin, getting one, two, and three! The ref signals for the bell and this one is over.

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner, Triple X!

X lays for a moment dazed as the referee returns his belt to him. He staggers up and the ref raises his hand and the moment sinks in to X and he begins to smile. Scumm pulls himself up on the ropes and looks mostly dazed but indeed frustrated with his loss, knowing what it meant. X looks over at him and nods and offers him a handshake. Scumm tries to stumble to his feet but can't make it; X shakes his hand with Scumm collapses on the ropes. The crowd applauds and X rolls out of the ring while Scumm's father comes to check on his son and offer some encouragement as Scumm can only look on at his opponent, consternation on his face.

Connor: An exciting one here on Ascension but your Elite X Champion is just too much for Johnny Scumm, it seems.

Cohen: With any luck, Ty will kick him straight back to opening Aftershock, and then it'll be Klamour's problem to call his matches! Ha!

We've come back from commercial break to see that Justin Cooper and Joseph Greaves are in the center of the ring discussing strategy for the next match. They seem to be getting in a bit of an argument about who starts first but neither are too hot headed.

Anderson: The following contest is a tag team match scheduled for one fall. Already in the ring, at a combined weight of 462 pounds; Justin Cooper and Joseph Greaves: Team Australia!

The two men continue to talk, ignoring the announcer and the fans who boo them.

Cohen: The entire time they've been out here all I've seen them two do is argue. Will they ever come to a conclusion?

Connor: I'd rather hear them than you ranting half the time.

[YOUTUBE]MuQ3mnLiwu4[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd cheers wildly due to the fact that not only are both Saboteur and Saxton coming out but they are doing so as a team again on good terms. Saboteur starts hopping up and down pumping his fists in the air while Saxton rubs his hands together ready for a fight. They make their way down the entrance ramp together, with Saboteur jumping in circles around Saxton and hi-5ing fans while Saxton is sparring with the air and making intense eye contact with the ring.

Anderson: And their opponents, at a combined weight of... insanely manly kilometers...?; the New Old Best Buds....Saboteur and Action Saxton: ....

Connor: ... uh, okay...

Cohen: Did they just measure their weight in distance?

Saboteur slides under the bottom ring rope as Saxton makes his way up the stairs and through the top and middle rope. They both climb up the turnbuckles and pose for the audience: Saboteur unsheathes his katanas and makes an X with them, and Saxton dramatically rips off his shirt. The crowd is absolutely eating it up as the two men look at their opponents, still arguing with each other to find out who will start. The referee goes over and tries to tell them but neither of them listen. Saxton shakes his head and he has had enough. He grabs Greaves away from Cooper and whips him across the ring. He hits a shoulder barge, enough to knock Greaves back into the ropes and rebound off still running. At that moment, Saboteur has already ascended to the top rope and dives off screaming "Touchdown," hitting a diving crossbody. The ref signals for the bell.

... 1... 2... 3!

The bell rings again as Saboteur has successfully pinned Greaves. Saxton and Saboteur give each other a man-hug and celebrate like they've won the World Series. They exit the ring and celebrate with the fans.

Anderson: Here are your winners; Saboteur and Action Saxton!

Cohen: ... what just happened?

Connor: I think Saboteur and Saxton have the record for the shortest match in history, beating Greaves with what they call the Super Touchdown.

Cohen: But ... what just happened?

As Saboteur and Saxton head up the ramp, Cooper enters the ring who has watched this entire thing unfold on the apron in shock and let everything happen. He stands over Greaves and holds out his hand, helping his friend up. Joseph apologies for the loss and thanks him for helping him. He goes to walk away but Cooper drags him back and hits the Final Verse, laying out his now former partner. Cooper looks at Greaves and shakes his head, not even bothering to finish him off because of how pathetic he looks. Cooper exits the ring and heads up the ramp.

Connor: Well... I guess we've just lost and gained a team in the WZCW tag division. Saboteur and Saxton will be definitely looking to go after Strikeforce's belts but what will Cooper do now?

*********************************************************************************************************

Backstage we see Mr. Baller standing in the cafeteria area, making himself a coffee. He stirs the drink and takes a slip before spitting some back in his cup.

Baller: Ugh... what disgusting coffee. If I were king... I would be drinking nothing but the finest cup of joe.

Baller takes another sip, his face cringing a little at the taste. He turns to leave the room and bumps into a large hairy chest. That chest belongs to the towering Rush. Baller backs up a little to size up Rush before speaking.

Baller: Well well well, if it isn’t the big bad monster Rush. How does it feel to be the last man eliminated in the King For A Day match? You know that was supposed to be my match to win. I was supposed to become the King of WZCW. You were in that match from the very beginning with John Constantine. If you were half the wrestler I was, you would’ve eliminated before I stepped into that ring. It’s your fault that I am not currently King. You’re nothing but a loser, a big lying, cheating, loser. Do you hear me Rush? Of has that new found hair of yours cut off your hearing?

Rush towers over Baller, but doesn’t respond to anything he is saying.

Baller: What are you deaf, or just plain stupid? Say something you peasant!

With that Baller throws his coffee out of his cup and all over Rush’s chest. The hot coffee doesn’t faze Rush who now looks down at Baller with an angry look. He grabs Baller by the throat and hurls him over the table, knocking everything off it. Baller reaches up with his hand and pulls himself to his feet. Rush has in his hands one of the metal coffee pots and bashes it over Baller's head. Baller crumples to the floor as Rush lifts the table and tosses it to the side. He grabs Baller by the neck as he tries to crawl away and pushes him down the hall. Baller stands up and tries to punch back, but Rush grabs the fist of Baller and squeezes it, bringing him to his knees. Rush puts Baller in a Powerbomb position and lifts him up. Rush throws Baller back first into a steel garage door. The force of the throw dents the metal door so much Baller simply hangs there with his bum and lower back stuck in the door. Rush looks at Baller and then bends down to pick up the paper cup that Baller’s coffee was in. He takes the cup and places it on Baller’s head like a crown. Rush then chuckles and walks away as ring officials and EMT’s come onto the scene and try to pull Baller off of the garage.

[YOUTUBE]Ix82EUBAswc[/YOUTUBE]​

Overlast walks out from the curtain with his arms spread out and a wide grin on his face as the crowd boos him heavily. He takes a deep breath to soak in the atmosphere and laughs at the crowd before making his way down the ramp.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Pittsburgh, PA, weighing in at 235 pounds; Mick Overlast!

Connor: I never thought I would see the day where another competitor would be hated by the crowd as much as this because they attacked Blade.

Cohen: It got him the attention he needed from the fans, right? So in Overlast's eyes, he's done well.

Overlast is in the ring and is on the turnbuckle, posing with is arms stretched out again before jumping down and waiting on his opponent.

[YOUTUBE]2ORvFjRHvTM[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd cheers as the Beard storms out and spins around on stage with his arms out. He stops in the middle of the stage and slaps his hairy chest before cracking his neck and walks down the ramp.

Anderson: And his opponent, from Beard City, USA, weighing in at 285 pounds; The Beard!

Cohen: That guy definitely needs to invest in a razor.

Connor: Jealous of his beard, are you? Anyway, this is another person who comes to us from Kingdom Come who has lost his partner as the Local Talent has sadly had to step aside. Let's see what the big man can do by himself tonight.

The Beard has entered the ring and is now stroking his beard, getting the crowd fired up whilst Overlast just shakes his head with a smirk. The referee makes sure if both men are okay to compete before he signals for the bell.

Overlast stays near the corner as the Beard approaches his position. Overlast readies himself as the Beard pounces, allowing Overlast to duck and evade the contact. He has ended up behind Beard and the big man turns around to go after Overlast. Mick continues on the defensive as he backs himself into the corner again. Beard leaps forward again but Overlast uses the turnbuckles to double boot Beard in the face who stumbles back. Overlast then runs at the Beard with a running clothesline which has no effect on the big man who just smiles at Overlast. Mick tries running off the ropes again but this time the big man catches him with a Gorilla Press Slam, the impact of Overlast can be heard throughout the arena as he crashes into the canvas. Overlast clutches his stomach as he gets to his feet and sees Beard running at him, hitting him with his signature running crossbody.... 1... 2... kick-out by Overlast. Beard then mounts Overlast and hits a quick succession of elbows to the head of Overlast, stunning him for a moment to allow the Beard to get up, run off the ropes and hit a high speed leg drop. Another pinfall attempt... 1... 2... kick-out. The Beard picks up Overlast to his feet with ease, using a back kick to hit Overlast in the stomach and push him into the corner. The Beard then goes to the opposite corner and runs at Overlast, hitting a splash attack on Overlast that makes him quite groggy. He positions Overlast and hits a Jumping Back Elbow, knocking down Overlast. The Beard points to the top rope, showing he is going to ascend.

Connor: The Beard has been dominate in this much thus far and I think he wants to end it now.

Cohen: What else did you expect Overlast to do when pitted against a Sasquatch?

The Beard has gotten to the top and looks to hit the Flying Beard... but at the last second, Overlast rolls out of the way and the big man hits nothing but canvas. Overlast takes his time to get to his feet as the big man clutches his chest. Overlast gets on top of Beard and begins choking the big man. The referee goes to a count of four before Overlast stops. He gets up and hits a series of knee drops to Beard before getting another choke on Beard, stopping at a count of 4. Overlast smiles as he continuously hits a series of kicks as well as Beard tries getting up. Overlast then wrenches the head of the Beard and gets him in a position to hit a swinging neckbreaker. Instead of going for a pin however, Overlast then goes to the corner and ascends to the top quickly. He jumps off and hits an elbow drop... 1... 2... kick-out by Beard. Overlast gets to his feet and grabs one of the legs of the big man and knees the back of Beard's knee several times before twisting and jerking the targeted knee around. Overlast then manages to turn over Beard and lock in a half crab submission. The Beard feels the pain as Overlast torques the leg as best he can to apply the most pressure. Beard tries to reverse the hold but Overlast has the hold locked tight.

Cohen: Smart strategy here: take out the leg of the big man and he won't be able to get up to use his power game. I've always liked how this man thinks.

The Beard gets the crowd getting behind him and he uses this to feed his adrenaline to crawl closer and closer to the ropes. Eventually, he makes it there and the crowd cheers as Overlast is forced to break the hold. Mick waits patiently as the Beard uses the ropes to get to his feet. Overlast then charges at the Beard to take him out but the Beard uses his injured leg to hit a big boot on Overlast, knocking him down. The Beard catches momentum as he picks up Overlast and hits him with a belly to belly suplex. The Beard manages to get up and looks to wait for Overlast to get up and charges at him with a Seated Senton... but Overlast evades and Beard tries landing on his feet, doing so with a degree of difficulty from the submission damage he took earlier on. Overlast sees his opportunity and chop blocks the back of Beard's knee, taking him down to one knee. Overlast gets in front of Beard and locks his head in-between his legs trying for a piledriver but instead modifies it into a pulling piledriver, effectively doing enough damage for Beard to lie out on the canvas. Overlast goes up to the top rope a second time and hits the Steel City Statement... 1... 2... 3!

The bell rings as Overlast's music comes on who just smiles as the crowd boos the result. The referee holds his hand up high.

Anderson: Here is your winner; Mick Overlast!

Connor: Solid effort by both men here tonight: the Beard had Overlast reeling for quite a while there.

Cohen: But intelligence took over power today as Overlast was able to target the right time to strike, getting himself the victory.

Connor: Now where do both men go from here?

Overlast has exited the ring and is proceeding up the ramp as the Beard has come to and is in a sitting position, holding his neck whilst the referee is checking his knee.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We go backstage where Chris K.O. sits in his locker room. A white rose is spinning around in his fingers as he stares at the petals. Suddenly a quiet knock comes from the door and Chris slowly rises and walks to the door. As he opens the door Serafina suddenly bursts in and wraps her arms around Chris. Chris returns the favor and the two hold each other for a few moments before Chris's eyes suddenly open wide.

Chris: Serafina, what are you doing here?!

Serafina: It's ok Chris. Ty is currently in a meeting with someone. I was able to sneak away for a few moments.

Chris: Serafina....

Serafina: I just wanted to come wish you good luck and to be safe out there. You know exactly why this match came about, so prove them all wrong.

With that Serafina lets go of Chris and bolts out of the room, leaving Chris standing with the rose in hand still. He lifts it up and looks down at it for a few moments before slowly crushing the flower in his hand as we cut to commercial.

Anderson: The following contest is set for one fall!

The crowd cheers with delight, knowing another battle is coming up next. They await the combatants when suddenly the show stops...in a manner of speaking:

[YOUTUBE]7dh4VItvIl4&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd comes alive, jumping up and down in sheer delight as fan favourite Austin Reynolds makes his way into the arena, however there are notable boos also, probably due to his actions at the previous night’s Meltdown.

Anderson: Introducing the participants; first, from The West End of London, England, weighing 190 pounds; AUSTIN REYNOLDS!

The fans pop big for the very serious looking Austin. Gone is the usual smile that Reynolds normally proudly wears and instead a serious, focused look crosses the face of the “Ratings Winner”. He slaps a few fans hands, but doesn’t even acknowledge them, instead chsoing to stare dead at the ring. He slides into the ring and barely even acknowledges the fans once more, complete immersed in his thoughts, preparing for his opponent.

Cohen: I must say I’m enjoying Austin Reynolds more focused approach. He seems to have recognised that seriousness is what’s going to regain those tag team championships.

Connor: Of course seriousness is necessary, but what Austin did last night at Meltdown was uncalled for. I wholly disagree with his feelings on the Ricky Runn/Mikey Stormrage situation.

The incredibly focused Reynolds bounces in the ring, waiting for his nemesis when the music changes, signalling the entrance of one half of our tag team champions:

[YOUTUBE]6VMOXzjdbXM&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: And his opponent; from Leeds, England, weighing 223 pounds, he is one half of the World Tag Team Champions; JAMES HOWARD!

Howard approaches the ring, his very methodical approach still apparent even though he’s claimed the tag team gold with his partner at Kingdom Come. He shadow boxes his way down the aisle to a good reaction as the fans are relishing their new tag team champions in Strikeforce.

Cohen: Strikeforce...I have to give them some credit, after all they did win the first ever Tables Ladders and Chairs match in our history...though they’re still a punchy tool and a fat moron.

Connor: And that was going so well Jack. Anyway, James Howard is indeed one half of the new tag team champion along with Mikey Stormrage, combined they make Strikeforce. Formidable as singles competitors as well as tag team battlers though as Howard is about to demonstrate against the vastly experienced Austin Reynolds.

Howard removes his hoody within the ring, and unbuckles his now visible tag team championship, something Austin keeps his eyes on, intent on focusing on. The two men meet in the middle as Howard hands his championship to the official. He rings the bell and we’re underway. It’s a chilly meeting in the middle as neither man says anything. Reynolds prepares to lock-up, but is met with a clobbering right and left combo from Howard’s lethal hands. Staggering back, Reynolds finds a little bit of sanctuary in the ropes. He’s surprised by the move, but Howards asks him for more as he bops up and down, much like a boxer.

Connor: Looks like James Howard isn’t looking to start with the classic feeling out process.

Cohen: One could argue this is a battle of two serious men...I like it.

Reynolds is displeased to say the least and cracks an elbow off of Howard’s skull. Howard returns the favour with another flurry of punches. Both men decide to trade off with a number of stiff strikes. Reynolds uses his elbow while Howard uses his fists. Both men will certainly be bruised and aching in the morning. However, Reynolds is the one who ends the battle, ducking under a combo from Howard and unleashing a discus lariat. He looks to follow up, but Howard uses his strength to throw Reynolds into the corner. He in turn unleashes a mixture of fists and Muay-Thai knees to the body of Reynolds, softening him up. The referee counts to four before forcing a break. Howard looks to return to the assault, but he is met with the pointed elbow of Reynolds. Backing out, Howard checks his face for blood, before turning to face a charging shoulder block from the “Ratings Winner”. Reynolds is starting to really feel it and bounces off another set of ropes as Howard gets to his feet. Clattering Howard with a leg lariat, Austin follows up with a cover. 1...KICK-OUT! Howard’s just too fresh at this stage. Going behind Howard, Reynolds waits for the tag champion to get to his feet, before unleashing a devastating lungblower. Howard is in some discomfort following that move and Reynolds goes for another cover. 1...2...KICK-OUT!

Reynolds however is clinical and decides he wants a quick victory, so, he sets himself up for a springboard dragonrana. He bounces off the top rope, flies to the now once more standing Howard and rotates him insides out, hooking the leg on the way down into a pinning combination. 1...2...KICK-OUT! Reynolds is stunned by that one; certain he had the win there. He asks the referee if it was three for confirmation, but no such luck. Reynolds is being extremely cautious about this match, but also very thorough. He wants to win as soon as possible and as such, he decides enough is enough and sets up for the Ratings Killer! He gets Howard into position, but before the finishing manoeuvre can be executed, Howard sweeps Reynolds off his feet. As Howard regains his footing, Reynolds gets to his feet. Both men charge at one another, Howard seeking to execute a take-down while Reynolds hopes for a roaring elbow. They in fact both connect, with Reynolds going down (and hard), but Howard also being met with a solid, powerful elbow. Both men go down with neither having the overall advantage. The referee starts to count the men out, but they also start to rise.

Cohen: This has been nothing short of a pure, physical battle. I’m rather enjoying it actually.

Connor: It’s certainly a little different, much like Austin’s attitude here.

Cohen: An adjustment for the better I’m sure.

Perhaps Mr. Cohen is correct, but Ricky Runn disagrees. The other member of Runn Reynolds Runn sprints to ringside to check on his partner, the referee telling him to back away. Ricky pleads his case and asks Austin if he’s fine. Reynolds stares right at him and mouths him to go away. Ricky protests, insisting he’s merely trying to help his friend, but it’s too late for that as the distraction allows Howard to sneak in behind with a German suplex. He bridges it for a cover; 1...2...KICK-OUT! Howard goes right back on the attack, but is met with a kip-up frankensteiner from the former Elite X Champion. Reynolds however is now fully distracted by Ricky and decides to finish the “conversation” he started at Meltdown. Austin begins to tell Runn off, but Ricky is desperate to make his ally know he is only trying to help him and enjoy himself.

Cohen: Worry not folks, you are tuned into the wrestling, not your daily soap.

As jokes are made, something that’s not particularly funny begins to rise as James Howard gets to his feet. Reynolds is still blissfully unaware as Howard approaches. His shadow is practically cast over Austin, but he’s so focused on telling Ricky off he doesn’t even notice his partner pointing out the obvious. It is only once Reynolds is completely in the shadow of Howard does he realise what is going on. He turns around and is met with a stiff knee to the midsection, followed up with the ever so deadly finishing manoeuvre; TKO! Howard goes into a cover. 1...2...3!

Anderson: Here is your winner; JAMES HOWARD!

Connor: What a win for the young James Howard!

Cohen: But...this is Ricky Runn’s fault. If Austin had not been distracted by his so called “friend”, this would all be over.

Connor: Well it is all over Jack, James Howard has won the match.

Howards stands tall in the ring as the crowd cheers this result. The referee hands him his tag team championship and he poses for a moment or two before exiting the ring. Ricky slides in to check on his fallen friend. Reynolds it would seem, has been knocked a tad loopy from the TKO.

[YOUTUBE]TiBOogmLjzc&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: The following contest is set for one fall; introducing first, from Washington D.C., weighing 265 pounds, he is the King for a Day; JOHN CONSTANTINE!

The crowd roars with sheer delight as a powerful monarch of a man enters the arena. A wide smile stretches across the King’s face. He’s delighted to finally have some credentials to his name with the King for a Day briefcase. He struts to the ring sharing the moment with the fans smiling at them as he makes his way to the squared-circle.

Connor: John Constantine has got to be one happy man with the result of King for a Day at Kingdom Come. He’s on a real high right now.

Cohen: Bah, his presence in the Holmes/Dave match left me with more of an impression the cretin!

Connor: Oh let it go...

Cohen: NEVER!

As the “Power Trip” enters the ring, he poses with his briefcase and makes his way to the corner to the crowd’s joy.

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, I have just been informed that due to earlier events, the scheduled opponent of Constantine, Mr. Baller, is not available to compete tonight. Subsequently, Mr. Constantine’s opponent is now...

[YOUTUBE]qnPXAoAwEYA[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: ...from Paris, France, weighing 175 pounds; LE GENTLEMAN MASQUE!

The crowd offers a fairly interesting response, unsure how to react to this young, new superstar. He’s not been seen by everyone in the arena and this is his real first opportunity to shine on a big stage, against a big opponent. He enters with his unique entrance, complete with cape, cane and top hat. The crowd is digging the theatrics and as he enters the Masked Gentleman (as he shall now be known for the sake of not all being French speakers) hands his cape and top hat as well as the cane, to the referee.

Cohen: Such a weird, weird person.

Connor: Looks to me that the audience have taken to the over-the-top stylings of the Gentleman!

Constantine shrugs his shoulders and smiles, nodding along with the audience at the very fun Masked Gentleman. The referee calls for the bell to get us underway as both men stand in the ring, ready for action. Constantine wants to grapple, while the Gentleman wants to maintain some distance. As such, he throws a few slaps to the thighs and the arms of Constantine, basic strikes to keep the elimination chamber winner at bay. This only works for a few moments though as sooner, rather than later, Constantine catches one of his arms and pulls him into a nasty looking lariat! The crowd “ooohs” at this sight of this vicious move. Constantine goes into the pin. 1...2...KICK-OUT! The Gentleman is a bit rattled to say the least and attempts to exit the ring, but Constantine is ever dangerous. Her refuses to let his foe exit and drops a knee to his opponent. Again, the Gentleman seeks an exit strategy, but Constantine is right back on top, this time with a variety of punches. The flying fits begin to set-in, but they leave Constantine’s throat exposed, something our Masked Gentleman notes and he offers the King a throat thrust.

With Constantine clutching his throat, the Masked Gentlemen is quick into a snap DDT. He goes for a cover. 1...2...KICK-OUT! Constantine rises to his knees as the Masked Gentleman backs off. However “The Gent” follows up with a swift clothesline. Another cover: 1...2...KICK-OUT! Our gentlemanly friend is impressing so far, and he looks to do so one more as he picks the heavy frame of Constantine from the mat. He then bounces him off the ropes and looks for something, but what he forgets is that this favours Constantine also, who looks to deliver his signature finisher; the Axis of Evil! However, Gentleman recognises the move and counters, pulling Constantine’s head down and driving him into the mat. He counters with a superb DDT! 1...2...KICK-OUT! Both men rise to their feet at much the same time, and The Masked Gentleman launches himself at Constantine with the STO. Again he looks for a cover. 1...2...KICK-OUT!

Cohen: Good strategy by The Masked Gentleman wearing the much larger Constantine down with repeated covers, forcing him to exude energy. Classic and effective.

Gentleman ponders his next move, stroking his chin before clicking his fingers; he’s got it! He hooks both of Constantine’s arms, looking to execute Butterfly suplex, but he’s underestimated the size and strength of Constantine. The King for a Day at first holds the move off, then he powers out, using a big back body drop. Again, both men rise, and Constantine fires off a quick shot to the gut. He hooks Masked Gentleman up and prepares to deliver a suplex. Once more though, “The Gent” counters, this time dropping behind Constantine. He uses a solid roundhouse kick to drop Constantine to one knee, his head bowed. Masked Gentleman sees his chance to become famous and the Frenchman bounces off the ropes, looking to deliver the running curb stomp!

However, Constantine recovers, avoiding the move and instead of glory, Gentleman is rewarded with his second sickening lariat of the match. Constantine decides not to go for a pinfall this time, instead choosing to do some damage to his opponent. He lifts him up and smashes the Gentleman with a nasty backbreaker. Masked Gentleman writhes in pain on the knee of Constantine. The monarch refuses to stop there though and from the knee, lifts Gentleman up for as Fallaway slam! The match is surely over, but Constantine wants to put an exclamation point on things and lifts Gentleman up, deciding to execute the finishing move; Collateral Damage. Now for the cover.: 1...2...3! Constantine wins!

Anderson: Here is your winner by pinfall; CONSTANTINE!

Connor: Impressive showing from the Masked Gentleman there for a while, but Constantine’s power pushes through to end this.

Cohen: Indeed, Constantine was simply too much.

As Linkin Park plays through the arena, Constantine poses, but then he notices out of the corner of his eye, Steven Holmes appears at the top of the ramp. Wheeling himself, much as he did at the start of the show, Holmes sits, observing. Constantine exits the ring and goes to confront Holmes.

Cohen: Don’t you hurt him! He’s a disabled man!

Holmes however does not seem afraid and sits, prepared for his old ally. Constantine has neglected to not only celebrate his win, but also pick up his briefcase. He stands over Holmes and tries to talk to the former Elite Champion, but Holmes stares right at him, resentful and bitter. Constantine lowers himself to Holmes level and attempts to talk to him, but suddenly, a swift fist connects solidly with Constantine’s face. Holmes is using his “weak” right arm! It has brass knuckles around his hand.

Connor: What on earth?

Then, without a moment’s hesitation, Holmes rises to his feet as the crowd collectively gasps before pouring boo upon boo onto him. Holmes then rips his neck brace off and grins manically. He quickly switches back to his glum look as he spits on Constantine, kicks his wheelchair and struts off of the stage defiantly.

Connor: That sick, sick, twisted---

Cohen: --GENIUS!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We go backstage where Barbosa is sitting quietly near the entrance area. As the boos from the crowd continue to reign down around Steven Holmes on the entrance ramp, a cloaked figure walks up to Barbosa. Barbosa looks up at the cloaked man, not a reaction to be seen on his face.

Barbosa: What is it you want?

Cloaked Man: The destruction of Chris K.O.

Barbosa lowers his head and stares straight out, his face once again completely stoic, almost as if the multiple personalities are in sync, or silenced.

Barbosa: And what is it I get out of such a deed?

The cloaked man slowly raises his arms up and pulls away the hood, revealing a rather somber and focused Ty Burna.

Ty: The match you have always wanted Barbosa. A match against me one on one next week on Meltdown.

The stoic look remains on Barbosa's face, yet there is a slight twitch in the corner of his eye, a very faint glimmer of excitement flashes on his face.

Barbosa: Consider it done.

Ty: Good. Do not disappoint me Barbosa.

Ty turns and begins slowly walking away, but stops midway down the hall. He looks over his shoulder at Barbosa and utters one more comment.

Ty: Oh, before I forget, if you are victorious, it won't just be any regular match. No, this will be in my match. I believe you know what that means.

Ty turns his head forward again and begins walking once more. Barbosa watches the figure of the owner of WZCW walk away as we go to commercial.

Chris makes his way out to the top of the entrance ramp, a mixture of cheers and boos raining down on the young man. He stares out at the crowd before gazing over his shoulder for a few moments before turning back and walking down the entrance ramp. Chris stops in front of the ring, looking out at the fans again before climbing up onto the apron and entering the ring.

Anderson: Introducing first, weighing in at 212 lbs, Chris K.O.!

Connor: Chris K.O. and the Apostles were successful in delivering complete control of WZCW to Ty's footsteps, yet it seems as if Chris isn't thrilled with the idea.

Cohen: That scumbag is the main reason we're under this distress in the first place CC! Whether he had other ideas or not the fact remains his team was victorious with him as captain! It's his fault!

[YOUTUBE]AqvC7CfTuks[/YOUTUBE]​

Barbosa slowly makes his way out to the top of the entrance ramp, the crowd booing his arrival loudly. He stares directly ahead towards the ring, almost as if burning a hole right through Chris's chest. Barbosa slowly strolls his way down to the ring, walking up the steel steps and into the ring. Chris backs off slightly as Barbosa turns, yet not a shed of emotion showing on his face.

Anderson: And his opponent, weighing in at 237 lbs, Barbosa!

Connor: As we just heard a few moments ago, Barbosa was offered a chance to face Ty one on one next week if he is able to defeat Chris. This has to be motivating him right Jack?

Cohen: I don't get why Ty would offer such an opportunity. He's wanted to avoid Barbosa for as long as possible, and this puts Ty's second in command squarely in the sights of a deranged man. What is Ty's game here?

The ref signals for the bell and Barbosa suddenly comes alive, rushing at Chris and forcing him back into the corner. Barbosa begins swinging wildly, connecting with lefts and rights to the body. Chris is barely able to cover up but is getting pummeled. The ref finally is able to force Barbosa away from the corner as Chris crouches down, holding his midsection. Barbosa doesn't let up however and pulls Chris to the center of the ring, delivering an overhead sambo suplex, sending Chris flying across the ring. Chris bounces off the mat and gets to his knees, but Barbosa comes flying in with a knee strike, sending the young man down to the mat. Barbosa quickly goes for the cover, 1..........2........Chris kicks out! Barbosa is quick to apply a rear chinlock, grounding Chris and keeping the pressure on.

Connor: Early in this matchup and it's been all Barbosa. Chris doesn't seem to have his head in the game tonight Jack.

Cohen: Not the best opponent to underestimate CC. Barbosa is just too damn dangerous to overlook.

The ref checks on Chris as the crowd begins booing Barbosa again. Chris is able to get to his knees, and a few well placed elbows later is able to break Barbosa's grip around his head. Chris suddenly hits a stiff knee to the midsection and drops Barbosa down with a DDT. Chris rolls away from Barbosa, regaining his bearings as he suddenly realizes the severity of this match. His almost glazed over look dissipates and soon focus spreads across his face as he turns towards the rising Barbosa. Just as the deranged one gets to his feet, Chris meets him head on with a spinning wheel kick, sending Barbosa crashing through the ropes and to the outside. Some the crowd cheers as Chris grabs hold of the top rope, and comes flying over with a crossbody, crashing hard into Barbosa! Chris gets up and let's out a yell of triump as he stands over him. However he doesn't let up and grabs Barbosa, sending him back first into the apron. Barbosa grimaces in pain and holds his back but Chris begins connecting with rapid fire jabs, Barbosa looks dazed after the flurry of punches and Chris finishes it with a hard right hook, knocking Barbosa to the ground. Before the ref's count reaches six, Chris lifts Barbosa up and rolls him into the ring. He begins to crawl in himself..

[YOUTUBE]Fq_Uv_uQsBk[/YOUTUBE]​

Connor: I think things are about to get a lot more interesting Jack.

Cohen: Of course he would stick his nose in a match like this. We should come to expect this during his unholy reign of terror.

Sure enough the owner of WZCW and his remaining Apostles James King, Alex Bowen and S.H.I.T along with Serafina make their way out to the top of the entrance ramp. Chris turns around and stares out at them, a look of bewilderment forming on his face. Ty claps sarcastically as Chris begins yelling towards him. This however allows Barbosa to suddenly roll Chris up, 1............2...........Chris kicks out! Both men are quick to their feet and begin exchanging lefts and rights as the fans direct their boos towards the hated usurper of WZCW. Ty and his Apostles slowly begin to make their way down the ramp, a sickening grin forming on Ty's face the closer he gets to the ring. Chris has gained advantage over Barbosa, whipping him into the ropes and connecting with a well timed dropkick. Barbosa is sent to the outside again where he falls right at Ty's feet. Ty looks down at Barbosa and shakes his head before speaking a few words to him. Barbosa sits up and rubs the back of his head in pain before stumbling forward and entering the ring. Chris goes to grab him but Barbosa stays in the ropes, forcing the ref to try and separate Chris and Barbosa. Barbosa however grabs hold of Chris's leg and pulls him forward, draping his neck right across the ring ropes. Chris bounces off and wraps his hands around his throat. He begins coughing but Barbosa jumps at his opportunity and wraps his hands around Chris's neck himself, blatantly choking him. The ref begins the five count and Barbosa releases at four. He pulls Chris up by his hair and hits an inverted atomic drop and immediately hits an STO right after, dropping Chris down hard. Barbosa goes for the cover, 1............2...........Chris kicks out again!

Cohen: We were so close to seeing Barbosa gaining the opportunity to take on Ty!

Connor: I...I honestly don't know what to say. Chris was responsible for Ty owning WZCW, but at the same time a Barbosa win guarantees a match we've all wanted to see for so long. Who do we root for here?

Cohen: We root for Barbosa CC!

Barbosa slowly stands up and gazes over at Ty for a moment. Meanwhile Serafina has moved towards the apron where Chris lies, whispering something in his ear. Chris seems to recover and begins to pull himself up by the ropes but Barbosa notices and hits a knee strike to the midsection. Chris bounces off the ropes and that causes Serafina to back off from the apron. Chris coughs again, his midsection and throat having taken most of the damage. Barbosa pulls Chris to the center of the ring and lifts him up for a powerbomb but as Barbosa goes to deliver the attack Chris floats back and grabs Barbosa's head and drives it right into the mat with a facebuster! Chris rolls over onto his back and both men are on their backs as the ref begins the ten count. Ty looks towards his two Apostles and nods his head, Bowen, King, and S.H.I.T. circling around the ring as Ty stands directly between the ring and the entrance ramp. The ref's count reaches four and neither men has moved an inch.

Connor: There will be no escape for either man tonight. It seems our "esteemed" boss has made sure of that.

Cohen: Shouldn't Ty be assisting Chris instead of ensuring a victor though?

At the count of six both men begin to stir, Chris slowly reaching his knees as Barbosa grabs hold of the middle rope and begins pulling himself up. At the count of eight both men are up. Barbosa turns around and immediately gets hit with a clinching slam by Chris. Chris is fired up as the crowd begins to turn in his favor, cheering him on as he grabs hold of Barbosa's leg and applies a single leg boston crab! Barbosa flails towards the ropes, trying to get his hands on the bottom one to escape the hold. Chris rears back on the hold, putting as much pressure as he can on Barbosa's back. Barbosa pushes himself off the mat and towards the ropes, his fingers just mere inches away from the rope. Chris suddenly sits down flat into the hold, causing Barbosa to yell out in pain. Ty suddenly leans forward over the apron, his hands on the ropes as he looks right into Barbosa's eyes. He yells something at him, unknowingly pressing the ropes while leaning forward. It gives Barbosa just enough to grab hold of the rope. The ref tries to get Chris to break the hold, which he does at the count of four. Chris signals the end has come and calls for The Butterfly Effect! He grabs hold of Barbosa and pulls him towards the center of the ring and extends his arms out. Bowen and S.H.I.T. suddenly hop up onto the apron, distracting the ref as Ty climbs the other apron right in front of Chris. Chris lets go of Barbosa and walks over to Ty.

Connor: Chris was in prime position for victory, what are Ty and the Apostles doing?

Cohen: Clearly they decided now was a good time to have a formal conversation with the referee about some of the questionable calls they've seen in the ring.

Chris yells at Ty but Ty does not move, merely smiling right in Chris's face. Ty begins laughing and throws his head back and his hands in the air. Chris cocks his arm to strike Ty but his arm is caught by a suddenly risen Barbosa! Chris is spun around and is lifted up and spiked down with the Doppelganger! Ty simply drops off the apron as does Bowen and S.H.I.T. as Barbosa covers Chris. The ref turns and begins the count, 1.............2............3!

Anderson: Here is your winner, Barbosa!

Connor: Barbosa picks up the win, thanks to the assistance of the Apostles?

Cohen: I don't think we're done here CC.

Ty and his Apostles quickly enter the ring. Barbosa, fresh from the pin notices this and gets in a defensive stance. Ty chuckles before raising a mic up and begins speaking.

Ty: Excellent work Barbosa. You are dismissed.

Barbosa doesn't move, rather keeps a predatory look towards his future opponent. Ty notices this and his gaze takes a rather dark look.

Ty: You have two choices Barbosa. Leave and be guaranteed your match with me next week. Or you can stay and be destroyed right now. This does not concern you and I would advise you to take the cautionary approach.

Barbosa watches Ty for a few more moments. He looks towards Bowen, King, and S.H.I.T. before shaking his head and exiting the ring. He walks up the ramp but as he reaches the top of the stage Ty speaks once more.

Ty: One final thing Barbosa. Our match on Meltdown, I told you it would be in my match. What better way to compete with Ascension 50 then dismantling you once and for all in Hell in a Cell?

Barbosa stops and turns towards Ty, the unusually stoic face of Barbosa cracks briefly, a grin of pure malice forming on his face before turning and exiting to the back.

Connor: Hell in a Cell?

Cohen: We are in for a huge match next week on Meltdown!

Ty watches Barbosa leave before turning towards Chris, who remains still on the mat. Ty crouches down, mic in hand still.

Ty: Young Christopher.

Ty grabs hold of Chris by the hair with his free hand, pulling his head up forcefully.

Ty: It is time you get what you deserve you traitorous rat!

Ty slams Chris's face down hard into the mat. A muffled shriek can be heard across the ring as Serafina covers her mouth, realizing what she has just done. Ty notes this carefully before pulling Chris's head back up.

Ty: Is that so Christopher? Your poison has already spread to my fair Serafina? That simply will not do. You played a game you possibly could not win, and now you will suffer the consequences of your actions!

Ty pulls Chris back up to his feet and throws him towards Bowen, who delivers the End of Days! Bowen flips him over as S.H.I.T. comes flying off the top rope with a frog splash. Serafina tries to run but Ty grabs hold of her arm, forcibly holding her in place. She begins pleading with Ty, trying to pull away but Ty remains statuesque in nature. His head lowers as S.H.I.T. and Bowen lift Chris up. Ty shoves Serafina towards King who holds her arms behind her. She screams out as Bowen and S.H.I.T. shove Chris towards Ty, who delivers a brutal Consecrated Banishment! Chris is once more sprawled out across the ring, showing no signs of consciousness. Ty looks to King and nods to him. King releases Serafina and she rushes over to Chris, wrapping her arms around him and holding him in her arms as tears begin pouring from her eyes. The lights begin to dim as Ty holds his arms up and looks up at the ceiling. Slowly a wooden Chaos Symbol begins to lower down to the ring into the waiting arms of the Apostles. As the Apostles ready the symbol Ty reaches down and grabs Chris, shoving him ring onto the symbol. The Apostles quickly go to work, binding Chris's arms and legs to the symbol. Serafina rushes and tries to pull away Bowen but Ty grabs hold of her once more, spinning her around to look right into his face.

Ty: I expected better of you Serafina. Though I suppose I should have learned my lesson after your little affair with Showtime. It was only inevitable your wandering eyes would fall upon yet another. A shame really Serafina, with my power you would have finally became the queen you have so desperately wanted. Instead you will drown with the dregs that you have fallen into bed with!

The Apostles suddenly spin the symbol around and Ty presses Serafina into the symbol, again the Apostles quickly binding her to the symbol. She struggles against it but it proves to be worthless as she soon finds herself bound to the wood as well. Ty raises his arms up high into the air once more as the symbol begins to lift up into the air, stopping midway between the ceiling and the ring. Ty stands directly under the symbol and the two bound former allies, his laughter echoing through the mic and the entire arena before he speaks one final time.

Ty: The Age of Chaos has finally arrived! Let these two be sacrificial lambs to the slaughter that shall soon begin! You shall all bow to the Harbinger of Chaos!

The camera pans out as the crowd drowns out the remaining words of Ty with their boos. The camera cuts to a zoomed in picture of Serafina's head lowered to her chest, tears streaming from her eyes still. The show slowly fades to black but one last scream can be heard from Serafina.

Serafina: Christopher!

Who wrote what:

Funkay: Masked Gentlemen vs. Constantine; James Howard vs. Austin Reynolds, Opening
Harthan: Johnny Scumm vs. Triple X
Dave: Darren Bull vs. Hunter Jackson
Ty: Backstage, Chris K.O. vs. Barbosa
Falkon: Jason Armstrong vs. Stevenson Marquel, Team Australia vs. New Old Best Buds, Mick Overlast vs. The Beard
Showtime: Backstage
Numbers: Director of Being Awesome and Covering for me while I was on vacation, I think backstage too?

Rep these fine gentlemen, they did outstanding work and from a personal standpoint I want to thank them all for stepping up huge while I was gone and putting on a fantastic Meltdown. Also apologizes to the team if I missed giving someone credit for the show, but thank you again guys. Boards should be up tomorrow some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back