Ascension 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
[YOUTUBE]T8Zb8EDht0A[/YOUTUBE]​

A disheveled Steven Holmes emerges onto the stage but takes little time to acknowledge the booing audience as he storms to the ring. He hops onto the apron, climbs between the ropes, and immediately starts yelling into a microphone.

Holmes: Cut my music! I said cut my bloody music!

Holmes’ music quickly fades so that nothing can be heard except the jeering audience.

Holmes: Go ahead, keep booing you cur!

“You got pinned! You got pinned! You got pinned!”

Holmes stomps around and wipes the hair out of his face.

Holmes: I’m not here to pacify you dogs, I’m here to get what I deserve! A rematch for the world title! I was a worthy champion; I fought against real competition when I held the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship. Meanwhile, the imposter that replaced me off of some fluke victory makes his first appearance as Champion defeating the halfwit Mr. Baller.

The WZCW crowd erupts into cheers at the mention of Showtime. A menacing scowl crosses Holmes’ face before he continues.

Holmes: Which is why I demand my contractually guaranteed rematch for my World Heavyweight Championship! So bring out Showtime, bring out a referee, and let’s nip this nightmare in the bud!

…

…

[YOUTUBE]z5rRZdiu1UE[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd gets on their feet and starts cheering for their favorite 100% spandex clad superstar, Saboteur. The reigning tag team champ has both belts wrapped around his waist, and he waves hello to his adoring public before lifting a microphone to speak.

Saboteur: Mr. Holmes, I presume? I come representing the WZCW legal department… kinda.

Holmes: What is the meaning of this. Why are you here?

Saboteur: Well, I just wanted to tell you personally that your contract does not have the rematch clause for championship losses in it.

Holmes: This is preposterous! How do you know this?

Saboteur starts to walk down to the ring as he takes a crumpled up piece of paper out of his pocket.

Saboteur: Maybe I actually am from WZCW legal and this spandex is just a costume I use to conceal my identity. Maybe Vance Bateman personally told me to deliver this piece of news to you. Or maybe I just broke into a file cabinet in the legal department and stole your file. Either way, it says it all this contract, here.

Saboteur slides into the ring and hands the piece of paper to Holmes. Holmes examines the paper for less than a second before he crumples it back up.

Holmes: This is a picture of Darth Vader driving a jetski into a pack of sharks.

Saboteur: It’s an interpretive picture. It’s my way of telling you that you’re boned.

The crowd laughs as Holmes only gets increasingly angry with every passing moment. He throws the crumbled up picture at Saboteur.

Saboteur: Hey, I worked hard on that!

Holmes: Listen to me you blubbering idiot, I’m going to let you walk away now and go get someone qualified to handle this situation. However, if you don’t leave now, I will break you. I will break you into a thousand little pieces and sweep you under this ring where you will rot.

Saboteur: Sheesh, who peed in your Fruity Pebbles? Oh wait… was it Showtime?

Holmes grabs Saboteur by the spandex around his neck and pulls him close.

Holmes: I warned you, you sniveling twit…

Saboteur smacks Holmes’ arm away and the two now stand face to face.

“FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!”

Saboteur and Holmes continue to yap in each others faces, but their argument is broken up by a burst of music.

[YOUTUBE]MabuNr-wQkk[/YOUTUBE]​

Bateman: Stand down gentlemen! Separate now or I’ll have the both of you forcibly removed from the ring!

Saboteur and Holmes give each other one last glare before separating from each other with each man walking to opposite sides of the ring.

Bateman: Mr. Holmes, unfortunately Saboteur is correct. You do not have a rematch clause in your contract.

The crowd erupts into cheers as Holmes has a nuclear meltdown in the ring, shaking the ring rope violently and stomping his feet as he screams at nobody in particular.

Bateman: How he was able to find that information, I have no idea, and I’m not sure I care to find out, but it is the truth. However, perhaps I know what can make you feel better. The saying goes, “Don’t kill the messenger,” but I have a feeling doing that very thing might just make you feel better. So for tonight’s Ascension main event, we are going to have a one on one match between Steven Holmes and Saboteur!

The crowd goes into a frenzy as Saboteur nods his head in approval. Steven Holmes still wears a look of rage on his face, but his hateful glance towards Saboteur indicates that he will accept the match. Bateman turns and walks backstage allowing the audience to soak in the announcement.

Connor: And just like that we have our Ascension main event as the former World Heavyweight Champion, Steven Holmes, takes on the current Tag Team Champion, Saboteur!

Cohen: How can he be Tag Team Champion if he’s not even in a tag team?

Connor: I’m not sure, but that doesn't seem to be any concern of his tonight. Tonight Saboteur will be facing Steven Holmes, and we have plenty of other exciting matches as well such as the return of-

Cohen: Justin Cooper! Justin Cooper is back! Hallelujah the prophet has returned!

Connor: And we have two more matches for the WZCW Gold Rush tournament. All that and more will be happening tonight on Ascension 67!

[YOUTUBE]_yuXWYz78Lg[/YOUTUBE]​

Backstage we see Titus with a doctor with him attending to him. He stands crutched by a crate holding his ribs.

Dr.: I'm sorry Mr. Avison but you are in no condition to wrestle this week. You need to recover. I'm going to have to cancel your match with Celeste Crimson tonight.

Titus: I-I'm going out there. There is no way I'm gonna quit on anyone twice. Let me go.

Dr.: No, you can't!

Titus walks off holding himself in pain. As he passes down a hallway, we see Matt Tastic, Krypto, Angel and others look on, concerned for Titus.

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]js6TBze6vNA[/YOUTUBE]​

Anderson: Introducing first, from Sydney, Australia, weighing 210 pounds, Mr. Cooper!

Justin Cooper makes his way to the entrance stage to the ever present disdain of the fans. He shows little surprise, but his lip curls up slightly, as if he were perhaps hoping for better. Still, he resolutely marches to the ring before sliding in. He pops to his feet and nods at referee James Aubrey, before turning and waiting for his opponent.

Connor: Justin Cooper has made his return to WZCW, and it seems he's taken a new passion for education in his life.

Cohen: Justin Cooper is wrestling's most diverse man. He can do it all! It's no surprise to me that he's become so intent on teaching WZCW the error of its ways. For me, I'm just thrilled to have such a competitor back in the ring. This is a man who beat Constantine and Chris K.O. - on the same night!

Connor: Yes, we know...

[YOUTUBE]jyQwRUeFSV0[/YOUTUBE]​

Garth Black appears on the entrance stage to a warm welcome from the WZCW faithful! Garth walks down to the ring purposefully, carrying a bottle of water. On the way down to the ring he looks into the camera and says "Drug Free for 21 days." On the way down to the ring, he takes his shirt off and gives it to a teenager in the audience. When he gets to the ring, he slowly climbs in, acknowledges the crowd, has a drink of the water before tossing the bottle out of the ring. He stares down Justin Cooper as the fans welcome him back.

Connor: Cooper's mystery opponent is revealed and I certainly didn't expect to see another return to WZCW in this contest.

Cohen: I've heard some rumors of him since he left WZCW before. They say he's been trying to kick a drug habit. Good for him, but all that matters here is whether he still has what it takes to get it done in the ring.

James Aubrey asks the two men to step to their respective corners. They do so and he signals for the bell. It rings and we are underway. Black and Cooper circle each other briefly before Black charges in straight away with a kick to Cooper's gut. Black locks in a headlock and drops to one knee, dragging Cooper down with him. Black stands up, backs into the ropes and rebounds off, sending Cooper off of him and bouncing off the opposite ropes. Cooper comes back to Black and Black takes him out with a shoulder block. Black hits the ropes again, leaps over Cooper, Cooper gets to his feet, Black rebounds, and Cooper counters with a scoop slam! Black rolls away and pulls himself up in the corner as Cooper gets to his feet, trying to recover. Cooper sees Black, turns, charges and leaps with a flying clothesline! Cooper backs off and Black collapses out of the corner. Cooper gets to the top rope, turns to face Black, leaps off - Black charges inward, Cooper simply leaps over him and lands on his feet, he turns - and Black takes him out with a big boot! Black goes for a cover and gets one, two, but only two. Cooper rolls to the corner but Black follows immediately. Cooper gets to the apron and pulls himself up on the ropes, but Black grabs his head and pulls it through the ropes, starting a series of knee strikes to Cooper's head. Aubrey backs him up and Black makes a clean break with Cooper still tied up in the ropes. Black notices - so he charges, and hits a boot right in Cooper's face, sending him flying off the apron to the mat below!

Connor: Very little ring rust evident for either of these men tonight.

Cohen: On the one hand, they didn't just walk back into WZCW, but nothing really prepares you for this like being in a WZCW ring. You're not seeing it because they're both on the same playing field, but I think they're both a step behind the main competition here.

Black gets out onto the apron himself, looking at Cooper laid out on the mat. He measures him - then charges, leaps, and hits a diving elbow off the apron! He wastes no time in recovering, pulling Cooper to his feet and rolling him to the inside. He goes for a cover and gets one, two, but only two. He switches to a headlock and wrenches it hard from behind Cooper. Cooper fights his way slowly to a vertical base, trying to power out of the hold with clubbing shots to Black's midsection. Black answers with a knee strike before throwing Cooper up and over the ropes. Cooper keeps his balance and lands on the apron as Black charges him. Cooper slides underneath him and rolls him up! He gets one, two, but only two! Both men get to their feet rapidly and Black takes the advantage back with an elbow shot. Cooper backs away into the corner and Black follows him, laying in a series of shots before making the clean break. Cooper stumbles out of the corner and Black grabs him, locks him in, and elevates him with a German suplex. He bridges for the cover and gets one, two, but only two as Cooper kicks out. He goes back to the headlock on the mat, wrenching it from behind. Cooper once again finds a vertical base after a few long moments, clubbing at Black's midsection. Cooper hits a jawbreaker to break out of the hold as Black backs up into the ropes. Cooper tries to whip Black across the ring, Black reverses, Cooper rebounds off the ropes and hits a flying shoulder block to knock Black off his feet.

Cohen: Smart adaptation by Cooper here, making very good situational moves off of Black's offense.

Connor: He still hasn't managed to sustain much of an offense against Black, though.

Black gets to his feet and Cooper kicks him in the gut, doubling him over. He hits the ropes and rebounds, aiming a knee at Black's head, but Black straightens up before it can connect. Cooper rebounds again and takes Black down with a clothesline! Black gets to the corner and pulls himself up, Cooper going after him with kicks to the abdomen. The referee forcibly backs him up, and Cooper backs away, but charges right back in with a dropkick to Black's gut! Cooper tries to pull Black to his feet but Black knocks him away with a punch. Black pulls himself to his feet away from Cooper, as Cooper goes to the corner. Black follows him there, punching his gut and lifting him to the top rope. Black makes the clean break on referee's orders, but he charges back in quickly - but Cooper deftly times his move, leaping just out of harm's way before Black hits him, but staying with it for a sunset flip! He rolls up Black, getting one, two, and three!

Anderson: Here is your winner, Justin Cooper!

Connor: A shocking end to this contest! Black had Cooper on the ropes in this match, but Cooper stayed with it for a victory.

Cohen: I said it earlier - Cooper had the mental advantage in this one, and he was always waiting with the right counter to Black's offense. Just the sort of thing he could teach to everyone in WZCW.

Cooper rolls out of the ring quickly, avoiding an irate Garth Black. Black stomps the mat as Cooper snakes his way back to the entrance way. Black looks distraught as the camera fades out.

The camera cuts backstage and we see Vega, with Alexis, in the office of Vance Bateman. Bateman is looking over a piece of paper quickly as Vega addresses him.

Vega: Showtime interfered in my match. My match, Bateman! I'm tired of getting the short-end of the stick when it comes to situations like this. You, Dave, and Myles have done nothing for me in terms of rewarding me for months of domination. Finally, I got to sink my teeth into someone such as the #1 Contender for the World Title, but Showtime sticks his big fat nose in it. I want a rematch here, tonight!

Bateman looks up from his paper to respond.

Bateman: I'm sorry Vega, I understand you are upset and I'll try to rectify the situation, but for now just sit tight. With the tournament going on, everything is a bit hectic. Alright?

Bateman nods and then proceeds to exit the room, leaving Vega very frustrated and angry. Alexis goes to place her hand on his shoulder, but Vega turns to leave and slams the wall as he exits the room. He looks down the hallway at the direction Bateman left in. Then, he looks down the other way. There seems to be a clamoring of reporters and fans surrounding a man who is making his way to the gorilla position. The camera gets a close-up on Vega's face.

Vega: I'm tired of waiting.

The camera fades to black on a shot of Vega's glaring eyes.

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

Anderson: Introducing first, from Petersburg, Russia, weighing 165 pounds, Celeste Crimson!

Celeste walks out focused on the match and straight to the ring. She gets in the ring and raises her arms signaling victory.

Connor: Redemption is Celeste's objective after the loss to Barbosa at Kingdom Come. Her next move will be an interesting one.

Anderson: And her opponent, from Keystone City, Kansas, weighing 225 pounds, This is........Titus!

The lights go off and the crowd roars awaiting the arrival of Titus.

Cohen: One has to wonder what condition Titus is in after the brutal assault Chris K.O. delivered to him.

Titus burst out of the gorilla position to thunderous applause! He is holding his body in pain as he raises in arm in victory.

*SMACK*

Titus is nailed from behind by Vega, via the WZCW Mayhem Championship into the back of his head! The crowd spews out boos as Vega stares down at the WZCW Legend. Vega begins to yell at him, "you always want to be the hero, huh? You just can't ever quit!"

Connor: What the hell!

Vega reaches down picks Titus up by his hair. He yells at him once more. "You want to compete so bad?! Go ahead!?" Vega yanks on the hair of Titus and throws him down the steel ramp. Titus hits it and rolls all the way down to the bottom. Celeste watches this all unfold from inside the ring.

Vega gets to the bottom where Titus is and reaches for his hair. He begins to pick him up, but then slams him back down on the bottom of the steel ramp! The crowd cringes in boos. Finally, Vega grabs Titus by the hair and throws him into the ring, under the bottom rope. Vega then proceeds to turn away and walk back-up the ramp.

Celeste proceeds to approach Titus, but the referee, Keith, won't start the match and holds her at bay. However, much to the surprise of everyone, Titus rises to his feet gingerly by way of the ropes. Keith can't believe it and the camera shows Vega looking back at the ring from on top of the entrance ramp. Titus yells at Keith to start the match.

-Ding Ding Ding-

Celeste tries to lock up as Titus looks on angrily, still clutching himself. Celeste goes for it, but is met by punches from Titus. His resilience is quick to get the crowd behind him. However, Celeste no-sells the weak punches from the damaged Titus.

-Ti-tus! Ti-tus! Ti-Tus!-

Celeste clotheslines Titus over the ropes and to outside. Celeste looks on as referee Keith Morse pulls her away and begins his count.

One!

Two!

Three!

Titus struggles to get up. Celeste tries to get close, but once again, Keith pulls her apart.

Four!

Five!

Titus gets up on the apron slowly and Celeste pushes Keith away but Titus tackles her through the ropes. She tries again but is met with the same response. Titus gets back in but is to beat up to capitalize. Celeste realizing his condition, capitalizes and runs for the Spirit Crusher!!

But the impact leads to Titus tumbling out of the ring! Celeste once again tries to capitalize, but yet again, Keith Morse stops her! Now, even the Dr. comes down to check on Titus. He tries to get back in but once again collapses. The Dr. urges Titus to give up, but he refuses and slides into the ring weakly. He crawls into the ring and right into a Sea of Aristocracy. Titus is too weak to fight it and Celeste is ruthless. The camera shows Vega's face as he still stands on the the entrance ramp. He smiles, reaches down to pick up his Mayhem Champion he dropped earlier after attacking Titus, and exits through the curtains.

Titus goes limp and the Dr. at ringside screams at Keith to stop the match.

-Ding Ding Ding-

Anderson: Ladies and gentlemen, Titus is no longer able to compete in the match. Therefor the winner is Celeste Crimson!!

Celeste releases the hold and stands to her feet.

Connor: Titus was so full of energy but that assault by Vega took whatever energy he carried over from Kingdom Come V out of him. That bastard!

Celeste swipes her nose as her music plays throughout the arena. The crowd is still fuming over Vega's actions and Celeste taking advantage. The camera shows Titus fully spent in the ring as the Dr. at ringside checks on him. The camera shot fades out.

Saboteur is doing jumping jacks backstage when he is approached by Vance Bateman.

Bateman: And what in the hell are you doing?

Saboteur: Getting ready for my match, sir! I find jumping jacks to be both mentally soothing and a good way to prepare the body for the stresses of being manhandled by giant, oily, mostly naked men.

Bateman: Well knock it off, you’re making me nauseous!

Saboteur stops jumping and jacking and gives the Ascension GM his attention.

Bateman: Now look Saboteur, I know I threw you to the wolves tonight with the Holmes match, but you should actually be thanking me. Pressure is coming down from the higher ups to put you in a tag team title defense, but I talked them out of it. But mark my words: you will have to defend those titles, and I can’t see you lasting long without a partner to back you up.

Bateman walks away leaving Saboteur to call at him as he departs.

Saboteur: Oh yeah? Well I’m going to find myself a partner! In fact, my partner is this guy!

Saboteur yanks over an employee that’s walking by.

Bob: Wow, you really want me to be your tag team partner, Saboteur?!

Saboteur shakes his head.

Saboteur: … get out of here Bob.

Bob: Okay.

Bob scurries away and Saboteur starts doing more jumping jacks.

We cut backstage and we see Ricky Runn in-front of a mounted flat-screen television. He has a remote in his hand and it appears that he is watching Miley Cyrus' VMA performance. He watches a part where she twerks and then immediately pauses it afterwards. He rewinds it and replays that part. She does it again and then he replays it again. He covers his mouth and shouts.

Runn: DAY-UM! Dat girl knows how to twerk!

Runn happens to look at his giant gold wristwatch as he reacts to the twerking.

Runn: Oh snizzap! I'm gonna be late for my tuh-urnament match-up!

Runn puts on a set of sunglasses and pops his collar.

Runn: Time to turn up my swag.

Runn struts down a hallway towards the gorilla position as the camera watches him.

Connor: Coming up next after the commercial, Ricky Runn vs. James Howard in the first round of the Gold Rush Tournament. Don't go away!

The crowd pops loudly as James Howard walks onto the ramp with hood up and microphone in hand as he makes his way to the ring. He looks up to acknowledge the crowd as he slides under the ropes and into the center of the ring.

Howard: Since Kingdom Come last year I’ve been in a war. For a year Grand Mystique and his goons in the Sacrificial Altar made our lives hell. They took out Mikey Stormrage for a month, they injured Derek Jacobs for four months and they broke my neck. In the months I was injured Mikey suffered, they cost him matches, they beat him mercilessly at every opportunity and he kept standing. Mikey never gave up.

At Kingdom Come just a few weeks ago I got a similar treatment,D.C., Mason Westhoff and Grand Mystique at various points had me two to one. Just like Mikey did for all those months I kept getting up. They hit me with everything they had and I kept getting up. Westhoff was beaten, Mystique was beaten. At the end of the match it came down to myself and D.C. and I had nothing left. When he hit me with that Chemi-Kill I just didn’t have the strength anymore. I’d been choked almost to death, I’d been beaten with a chain and they’d tried to put me through bulletproof glass more than once and I was done. We lost. I lost. The Sacrificial Altar beat us at the biggest stage in wrestling and nothing I can ever do can change that.

I let you down. I let myself down, but the thing that has driven me half crazy since that night is that I let Mikey down. Everyone saw him leave the arena and Kingdom Come and no-one has seen him since. He’s not backstage, his car isn’t in the parking lot. He’s vanished.

Howard looks directly at the camera.

Please Mikey, if you’re back there come out here and talk to me.

There is a long pause as the Howard and the crowd stare at the entrance hoping for him to come out. The crowd is chanting for Mikey Stormrage but there is nothing, silence. Howard walks to the ring ropes, only to be greeted by music.

[YOUTUBE]9yRme0C2pmI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]​

Runn: Come on ninja, why are you out here still looking for fatty? He ran off, let it go.

That "fatty" is my best friend.

We both know fatty got no swag.

I'm pretty damn sick of you lately Ricky, all I want to do is find my friend and you only care about yourself.

Don't hate me cause you ain't me. You just mad cause I'm styling on you.

Forget it. After I beat you, I'm starting my search back up. If anyone has any information please let me know.

And I want everyone to know that I'm throwing a party tonight for all the bitches. Right after I advance to the second round. Aww hell yeah!

With that Ricky drops the microphone and walks downstage while James stands in the ring perplexed.

Anderson: The following contest is a Gold Rush Tournament match, scheduled for one fall!

Cohen: CC! Tournament Action is going to happen right now!

Introducing first, from San Francisco, California by way of Leeds, England, weighing in at 223lbs James Howard!

The camera shows Howard in the ring, shedding down to his ring gear.

Connor: James Howard, flying solo tonight as he looks to keep his undefeated singles record intact. You have to wonder if the recent disappearance and reappearance of his best friend Mikey Stormrage will have an impact on him tonight.

Cohen: If you ask me Howard will do good if he simply ditches the weak link. He has shown potential as well as an aggressive side in the past, if he ditches the dead weight and stops pandering to the fans then he has a bright future.

And his opponent, from Chicago, Illinois, weighing 225lbs, Ricky Runn!

Ricky is still making his way down the ramp, stopping to talk to a woman in the front row. She slaps him, almost knocking his sunglasses off his face. He steps into the ring and pops off his jacket, gesturing suggestively to the women in the crowd.​

Cohen: Don't even speak Cat, this idiot deserves no words.

Connor: I...... I just hope that Howard rips him a new one.

Before the start of the match, Ricky hands his sunglasses to the ringside attendant, much to the chagrin of his opponent. Right from the start of the bell, Howard rushes his opponent with a whirlwind of punches and kicks, backing Runn into the corner. As referee James Aubrey pulls Howard away instead of utilizing a five count, Ricky can be heard yelling "not the face, thats how I get bitches!" Once Ricky has enough time to return to the center of the ring, Howard again rushes in, not hearing out Runn's request, hitting quick jabs to the jaw. Once Runn tries to cover up, James puts him down with a snap suplex and jumps into a cover...

1!
Kick out by Runn. Howard slaps on an arm wringer as Ricky flails his free arm in pain. Howard wrenches on the arm, before he drops an elbow onto the wrenched arm. As Ricky holds his arm James hits a dropkick to the back, putting Ricky down. He forgoes a pin long enough to hit a springboard moonsault. The move backfires however as Ricky brings his knees up, causing Howard to crash and burn. As Ricky gets to his feet, he walks to a nearby camera, using the camera to check his complexion.

Cohen: How does this guy still have a job?

Cohen: No clue Jack.

Once he is satisfied he walks over and pulls Howard to his feet. He measures Howard up and puts him down with a dropkick square in the face. He then hops to the second turnbuckle and connects with a leg drop. He hooks the leg...

1!
2!
James Howard kicks out. Ricky slicks his hair back, before he grabs a handful of his opponents fair to lift him to his feet. He measures a couple of right hands before he leaps and connects with the RickyRana! He reaches back and keeps the pin...

1!
2!
And again Howard kicks out. Ricky slaps his hand in a quick succession, but the referee assures him it was only two. Ricky calls for the finish and leaps to the top rope for R&R. The time he took arguing with the ref comes back to bite him however, as James Howard crotches Runn.

Cohen: Haha yes!

Connor: Maybe that will finally turn the swag off.

James takes a moment to collect his wits before he ascends to the top rope himself. He leaps and connects with a top rope hurricanrana! Both men crash hard to the floor, referee James Aubrey begins his ten count.

1!
2!
3!
4!

The two men begin to stir.

5!
6!
7!

Both men are own their knees and crawling to the ropes.

8!
9!

Just before the count of ten, both men pull themselves to their feet with the help of the ropes. Ricky runs at Howard, but the former MMA star is able to backdrop his foe. As Runn gets to his feet Howard advances on him, unleashing a flurry of kicks to the legs. Ricky swings a wild punch, but Howard ducks the punch and connects with an elbow to the back of the head. It staggers Ricky enough to let Howard connect with a vicious head kick.

Cohen: Thankfully Howard is back in control of this match.

Connor: And it doesn't look like it will be on much longer as Howard is signaling for the end.

Runn staggers to his feet, and Howard hits a kick to the midsection and grabs hold of face lock and lifts him, before planting him down face first with the TKO. He hooks the leg of Runn...

1!
2!
[youtube]sgmOthtVP3Y[/youtube]

Connor: What in the hell?

Cohen: Be respectful Cat, it isn't everyday we get to see a bright young champion like Chris K.O.

Before the ref can count to three, Howard stands confused. The EurAsian champion simple makes his way down to ringside. Howard turns his attention back to run, who is on feet, groggy. Howard unleashes with another head kick, but Runn falls back to the ground, and Howard connects with the referee instead. As Howard grabs his head in shock, K.O. runs into the ring and takes Howard's head off with The Sword. With Howard down, K.O. pulls Runn over top of the downed Howard, and then brings the ref around. He slowly begins his three count just as K.O. rolls out of the ring...

1!
2!
3!

Here is your winner, Ricky Runn!

Connor: No!

Cohen: I hate to question the motives of Chris K.O. but he just handed a win to Ricky Runn.

As Chris K.O. looks on, a wicked smile on his face, Ricky staggers to his feet and lets the ref raise his hand. He then summons the ringside attendant to retrieve his sunglasses, which he puts on and climbs the turnbuckle to celebrate.​

Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Cleveland, Ohio, weighing 215 pounds, Drake Callahan!

Drake walks out with his hands extended in a cocky manner as he approaches the ring. He leaps over the ropes to await his opponent. Large cheers can be heard, but boo's are still present.

Connor: I'm surprised by Drake's expression as he walks out here. He seems pretty normal despite losing at the main event of Kingdom Come.

Cohen: He wouldn't be one of the most decorated wrestlers here if he loses his composure after a major loss, Cat.

Anderson: And is opponent, from The Night's Watch, weighing 143 pounds, "The Sandman," Sandy Deserts!

Sandy comes out to a good reaction as she blows the gold dust away. She slaps hands with several fans as she enters the ring.

Connor: Well Sandy's here. The question is if Steven Kurtesy is close behind.

Cohen: My question is if Dr. Zeus will once again try to “purge the demons”.

-Ding Ding Ding-

The match begins with referee Elizabeth Prince as the official assigned. Both competitors surround the ring as Drake attempts to get close to strike but Sandy stays on the defensive. Drake tries to grab her by the leg but she backs up which gives her the opening. A Magistral leads to an early pinfall.

One!
Tw-- Kickout!

Drake quickly kicks out and gets to his feet and kicks Sandy in the gut to start taking over with a series of forearm shots leading her to a corner. Quickly, Drake tries an Enzuigiri but Sandy ducks and rolls over the fallen Drake and hooks a front facelock on him. She puts the pressure on as Drake tries to push himself up, Sandy is not strong enough to keep him down and is once again backed into another corner.

Cohen: This is the same problem Sandy ran into against Dr. Zeus. She's a great wrestler, but she lacks strength and as of late her opponents seem to be exploiting that.

Quickly Drake charges for a hard Dropkick knocking her down. Drake stops and looks at the crowd for a bit, catching his breath for a bit as Sandy crawls to get back up. Drake tries to pull her up but is met by some shoulder thrusts to push him back. Callahan tries to reach back for her, but runs into a Huricanrana sending him to bounce off the ropes before Sandy retaliates with a Swinging Neckbreaker. She heads for the top rope and measures Drake before coming off with a Seated Senton and a pin.

One!
Two!
Kickout!

Prince signals two as Sandy gets back up. She looks at Prince about the count as Drake is trying to shake off the damage. Sandy's decision to just look at Prince proves to be a major mistake as Drake, from the floor, takes advantage with a Schoolboy.

One!
Two!
Thr—Kick--

Sandy kicks out but just as quickly, Drake grabs both her legs and catapults her. Sending flying off on to the turnbuckle, but she lands on her feet before jumping off on Drake as he turns around for a Crossbody.

One!
Two!
Thr-Kickout!

Connor: My gosh! Pin after pin, these two are not slowing down!

Cohen: Both lost at the grand stage. They're both looking for that win badly.

As soon as Drake kicks out, he's quick to sweep Sandy's legs for a quick cover, but it just gets a 1 count from Elizabeth Prince. They both go back to their feet and lock up, but Drake Arm Drags Sandy away. She charges but as Drake tries to intercept with a Clothesline, she rolls through behind him then leapfrogs over him and follows up with a Snapmare. The flurry continues as Sandy hits a charging Dropkick putting Drake down. She tries the Dreamcatcher but Drake rolls out sending her to crash on the mat. Drake quickly rolls into a Magistral, much like Sandy did at the start, for yet another cover.

One!
Two!
Th-Kickout!

Sandy kicks out and tries to get back up on her feet but is met by a kick to the gut and vertical Suplex lift.

Connor: Drake's going for the Faded Memory!

As Drake lifts her up, Sandy slips out falling behind him. She bearhugs him from behind and rolls him back up for a cover.

One!
Two
Thr-

But Drake rolls through!

One!
Two!
Thr-

But yet again, Sandy rolls for another counter!

One!
Two!
Thr—Kickout!

Drake kicks out and gets up. Meeting Sandy quickly with a standing Enzuigiri. He goes up the ropes and comes off quickly with a hard Diving Elbow to Sandy's back to finally slow the pace down.

Cohen: Sandy's speed was allowing her to keep the match in her favor. But now Drake is using power and now he's in the drivers seat. And he's not even that big of a guy.

Drake grabs and pulls up Sandy but as soon as he does, she blows the Mist of Rheum in his face to send him back. She's slow to get back up as Drake scrambles to reach the ropes and hangs on to them trying to scratch off the dust. Sandy runs to Drake and catches him with a Wheelbarrow Bulldog as she plays to the very excited crowd. She measures Drake, waiting for him to get back up. He does and is met with the long Kick Goodnight. But Drake manages to duck it! As Sandy spins and lands, she's met with yet another kick to the gut and the Faded Memory! But she rolls through again!

One!
Two!
Thr-Kickout!

Drake slips out and kicks her low again! He hooks the facelock and goes to lift her up, but instead goes for a cradle!

One!
Two!
Three!!!

Anderson: Here is your winner, Drake Callahan!!!

Connor: What a match! Cover after cover, these two flew all over the place to try to get that big redeeming win!

Cohen: Sandy found a way around being overpowered, but Drake found a way around being outsped. Like I said, he did not become the decorated wrestler he is today by nothing.

Drake gets his hand raised by Elizabeth Prince and shakes off the sweat as Sandy looks on somewhat frustrated by the loss but forced to accept it before she leaves the ring as Drake stays around with his music playing, remaining in the ring as he requests a microphone from an official at ringside. They hand him one through the ropes and he begins to speak into it while wiping sweat off of his brow. The crowd begins to stir, but Callahan cuts them off.

Callahan: At Kingdom Come V I went toe to toe, to toe, in a match for the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship. However, it was my rival, and perhaps the only man I can ever call my equal, who walked out as the champion. Now, I know what everyone in the back is thinking. They are thinking, "Oh, Drake Callahan lost at Kingdom Come V, it's time for him to fade into the shadows and take a step back." Well, I've got news for all of you in the back.

Callahan pauses for a moment, but then points towards where the backstage would be.

Callahan: I'm watching.

The crowd buzzes as they don't know how to react to his statement.

Callahan: You know who you are, and I'm watching you. You are a cancer to this company, and I'm going to make sure it doesn't spread any longer.

Callahan pauses as the crowd doesn't know whether to pop or not.

Cohen: Who is he talking about CC?

Connor: I have no idea.

Callahan raises the microphone one last time.

Callahan: I'm watching.

He drops it and his music picks back up as he exits the ring.

Connor: You heard it from his mouth first, people. Callahan is not taking a breather, he already has a new target in his sights, but who is it?

A guerilla style camera catches Dr. Zeus leaning against a mirror in the bathroom, talking to himself.

Dr. Zeus: Why do I abandon my chase
To put those demons in their place?

The thought of gold appeals to me
But do I let those demons just walk free?

The tournament is what I shall win
The level of talent on the field is thin.

Then with my mission I shall resume
For all the demons, the word is doom.

Dr. Zeus smiles at himself in the mirror before he starts cackling. After a few moments he suddenly stops, and looks directly at the camera, causing the camera’s operator quickly turns around and walks away briskly.

Harrys: The following contest is part of the WZCW Gold Rush Tournament, and is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]edbl6_OxRIE[/YOUTUBE]​

Matt Tastic emerges on the stage to a chorus of cheers. He holds on hand in the air to work the crowd, and his other hand holds a box of popcorn.

Harrys: Introducing first, from Orange County California, weighing 238 pounds, "The Killjoy," Matt Tastic!

Tastic takes a handful and shoves it in his mouth as he trots down to the ring, spilling a little popcorn with each step he takes.

Cohen: Popcorn isn’t exactly the pre-fight meal of champions.

Connor: What did you eat before a match, Jack?

Cohen: Matzo ball soup. Strengthens the body and the soul.

Connor: Well if it’s any difference, I don’t think Matt Tastic brought out the popcorn for a snack for himself, I think he plans on sharing it.

Sure enough Matt Tastic is allowing the fans to take handfuls of popcorn as he walks down the ramp.

Tastic: Take plenty of it, there’s about to be a show!

Matt Tastic stops at one young female audience member and asks her a question. She nods and holds out a WZCW souvenir cup and allows Matt Tastic to take a sip out of it and in exchange he gives her the rest of his popcorn. With both hands free, Matt Tastic charges to the ring and slides in under the bottom rope before thrusting both hands in the air to the delight of his fans.

[YOUTUBE]-QjtWeFqs3M[/YOUTUBE]​

Dr. Zeus enters the arena to flickering lights with his head down as he rolls a hospital bed out in front of him.

Harrys: And the challenger, from Portland, Oregon, weighing 265 pounds, The Good Doctor Zeus.

Dr. Zeus looks up with an intimidating frown on his face as he stares down Matt Tastic. He deliberately walks down the ramp as fans heavily boo the good doctor.

Cohen: I’m tellin’ ya Cat, this match is a waste of time. Dr. Zeus has beaten Matt Tastic before, he’ll beat him again!

Connor: Dr. Zeus has certainly been on a roll since joining WZCW, but Matt Tastic has played a big role in this company’s history. Either way, these two men are going to have to prove they’re worthy of the World Heavyweight Championship shot by winning this tournament.

Zeus has arrived at the ring and parks his hospital bed at ringside. He rolls into the ring and pops up continuing his angry glare at Tastic.

The ref calls for the bell and the match begins.

Dr. Zeus doesn’t seem to be too quick to engage Matt Tastic, but Tastic seems eager. He charges towards Zeus, but as Zeus prepares to counter attack with a throat thrust, Tastic ducks and spins, wrapping his arms around Zeus’s waist. Tatic hoists his opponent backwards and bridges the belly to back suplex, pinning Zeus.

ONE!

TWO!

Kickout!

Zeus gets back to his feet, but Tastic gets to his feet first, and is quick to take Zeus down with a schoolboy pin.

ONE!

TWO!

Kickout!

Both men are back on their feet, but this time it is Dr. Zeus that has the advantage. He kicks Tastic in the gut and thrusts the doubled over sayin between his legs. Zeus hoists Tastic up for a powerbomb, but Tastic rolls forward and hits a sunset flip on Dr. Zeus! He hangs on for the pin.

ONE!

TWO!

THREKICKOUT!

Zeus kicks out just in the nick of time and quickly escapes to the outside of the ring. The crowd roars in approval of Tastic’s drive.

“Let’s go Tastic! Let’s go Tastic!”

Cohen: Tastic seems to be in an awful big hurry to pin Dr. Zeus.

Connor: Wouldn’t you be? The doctor favors a slow pace where he picks apart his opponent; it’s in Matt Tastic’s best interest to keep things at a quick pace.

Zeus paces around the outside of the ring before sliding back in. Tastic takes little time before reengaging his opponent. Tastic charges Zeus, again Zeus attempts to counter with a throat thrust, and again Tastic spins behind Zeus and locks in a rear waist lock. Tastic rolls backwards putting Zeus in a rollup, but Zeus manages to slip out of the pinning predicament and lock in a leg lock on Tastic. Tastic lays backwards on the mat and squirms in pain as he struggles to break loose. Tastic attempts to break Zeus’ grip with a kick, but he is unable to generate enough power with his free leg and Zeus simply ignores the kicks. The referee asks Tastic if he wants to quit, but Tastic shakes his head. With all his might, Tastic rolls his weight forward and pins Zeus to the mat.

ONE!

TWO!

THRE NO! Reverse!

Zeus pushes Tastic forward and rolls with him, now gaining a sort of mounted position on his opponent. Zeus makes the most of the opportunity by delivering throat thrust after throat thrust to Tastic. The audience looks on in horror as Dr. Zeus attempts to crush the windpipe of Matt Tastic.

Connor: This isn’t wrestling, this is a disgusting act of violence!

Cohen: No Connor, this is winning. Dr. Zeus is finishing the job that Alex Bowen started at WrestleZone Weekend!

Zeus finally lets up after landing a dozen or so throat thrusts on Matt Tastic. Tastic rolls around on the ground, grasping his throat as Zeus circles him like a vulture circling the carcass of a wounded animal waiting for it to die.

Tastic is slow to get up, but after several moments on the ground he has finally reached his knees… when Dr. Zeus strikes. The good doctor locks on Euthanasia and Matt Tastic’s neck and right shoulder immediately goes limp. The Killjoy swings his left arm wildly and tries to fight to his feet, but he cannot muster up the strength to stand. The crowd screams for Tastic, begging the wrestler to fight through the pain, but the Tongan Death Grip on Tastic’s neck is locked in tight, and Tastic doesn’t seem to have any way to get out of it.

The crowd begins to cheer loudly as the music of Steven Kurtesy begins playing throughout the arena. Zeus looks at the titantron and towards the ramp, waiting for him to come out whilst still keeping the submission hold locked in.

Cohen: Where is he?

The music instantly cuts out as Tastic catches a second wind! Using the distraction, he clenches his fist and reaches a knee. Zeus attempts to push him back down, but Tastic is too strong, and he finally reaches his feet! Euthanasia is still locked on, but one big elbow is enough to knock Zeus away. Matt Tastic still seems woozy, and Zeus realizes it. Zeus hits the nearby ropes and rebounds towards Tastic with a full head of steam, but Tastic leaps into the air and wraps his legs around Zeus’ neck, flipping him over for a hurricanrana! Tastic leans back and grabs the legs for extra leverage on the pinning combination!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Tastic springs to his feet with his hands in the air, but Zeus pops up and continues to go after the victor! Tastic and Zeus exchange a few strikes before the referee gets in between the two and separates them, demanding Zeus leave the ring. Zeus throws a fit, but gets out of the ring allowing the ref to raise Tastic’s hand.

Harrys: The winner of this match… MATT TASTIC!

Cohen: What a cheap win! Zeus dominated Matt Tastic for nearly the entire match and then this dork wins with a flimsy pinning move with Kurtesy distracting him? Bah!

Connor: It couldn’t have been that flimsy if it kept Dr. Zeus down for three. Not only does Matt Tastic deliver Dr. Zeus his first loss since joining WZCW, but this also means Tastic gets to move on to round two of the Gold Rush Tournament by eliminating a man many people thought was a favorite to win the whole thing! I'm just worried what will happen to Zeus now.

Even though he can’t hear her, Matt Tastic seems to be on the same page as Cat Connor as he proudly celebrates his win. Zeus is throwing a temper tantrum on the outside of the ring as he yanks on the ring apron and flips over the steel stairs, but the results are already in: Matt Tastic advances. He exits the ring and heads up the ramp, elated with his performance. Zeus is completely irate, going over to the announcer's desk and rips the microphone from Selena's hands. He goes to speak but words do not come out as he stops still, looking up. What was anger has now turned into a smile; a revelation that Dr. Zeus seems to have. He drops the microphone and heads backstage.

Connor: That doesn't look good...

Leon Kensworth is adjusting his tie in front of the camera as he waits for his next interview to begin. He checks his watch and nervously taps his foot before addressing the camera.

Kensworth: I’m sorry folks, Matt Tastic should be joining me any moment now. For those tuning in now, Matt Tastic just defeated Dr. Zeus in the first round of the… hey!

Matt Tastic storms into the picture and grabs the mic from Leon’s hands.

Tastic: Woo! Vengeance is mine! Round two: here I come!

Tastic drops the mic and walks away triumphantly leaving Leon without a proper interview.

Zeus marches through the gorilla position and goes out into the big open space where it seems nobody is occupying. Concerned about how suspicious the setting is, he picks up a nearby weapon (a chair) and smacks it on the ground a couple of times as he circles the middle of the open space.

Zeus: Naasst-tay Waasst-tay...
Come out and play-aay

Zeus continues to goad as he smacks the chair on the ground once more. Suddenly, Sandy Deserts runs out from nowhere with a rusted steel pipe in hand, jumping at Zeus as she goes to strike. Zeus turns around and blocks her attack with the chair, fending himself as she tries to smack him with the pipe. He continues to block with the chair for a couple more shots before throwing the chair full force at her face, knocking her backwards. She staggers back as Zeus heads to Sandy, managing to disarm her of the pipe and backs her against the wall, locking in the Euthanasia. Zeus looks to inflict pain but ultimately decides to loosen the grip to allow Sandy to breath easily, tossing away the pipe as he smiles at her.

Sandy: I'm going to...

Zeus: What will you do?
Call for the Professor to protect you?

I dare you, call him here.
He is a man I do not fear.

Zeus tells Sandy to call for Kurtesy but she refuses to, trying to fight back. Zeus smiles at her.

Zeus: This has never been about you, my lady
Don't be so foolish as to think I hate someone crazy

For you see, I was once a doctor of psychology too
Who wishes to see what's best for you.

Kurtesy made you into a violent creature
Stick with me and I'll be your divine teacher

Let me help you become normal and live the life you dream
By taking down Kurtesy, you will longer be... unclean

Zeus let's go of his grip very slowly, looking into the eyes of Sandy who stares back, unable to do anything. He puts his hands back and backs off, watching Sandy to see if she will strike back. He smiles at her before walking away, leaving Sandy backed up against the wall.

Anderson: The following contest is your main event for the evening and it is scheduled for one fall!

[YOUTUBE]T8Zb8EDht0A[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd boos heavily once more for the arrival of WZCW's most hated villian. Holmes has a foul expression on his face as he makes his way to the ring, not acknowledging the fans in any way.

Anderson: Introducing first, from Buckingham, England, weighing 235 pounds, "The Elite," Steven Holmes!

Connor: Boy, doesn't Holmes look extra displeased tonight?

Cohen: After what happened at the start of tonight's broadcast, I'd be looking the exact same as Stephan is right now. Actually, no... I'd be furious and refuse to compete, talking with Bateman about renegotiating my contract.

Connor: Steven was the one who didn't read the fine print. Anyway, if he is as good as he claims to be then he shouldn't have needed a rematch clause because he would have walked out of Kingdom Come as champion.

Holmes demands that referee Keith Morse opens up the ropes as he stands on the apron. The referee obliges as Holmes gets into the ring, removing his garments quite quickly as he begins doing some last minute stretches before begging his opponent to come out. Holmes paces the ring in anticipation.

[YOUTUBE]z5rRZdiu1UE[/YOUTUBE]​

The crowd explodes in cheers as the sound of the Beastie Boys blasts through the arena. He jumps out of the entrance area, embracing the cheers of the fans as he holds his Tag Team Championships up high, rotating around 360 degrees before heading down the ramp and hi-fiving the fans.

Anderson: And his opponent, from Union City, New Jersey, weighing 198 pounds, he is one-half of the WZCW Tag Team Champions; Saboteur!

Connor: Selena may have to correct herself as Saboteur's partner Action Saxton is no longer competing in WZCW, therefore Saboteur owns both titles.

Cohen: Says who? Have we had an official ruling? It is called the Tag Team champions for a reason, CC. If Saboteur wants to be a singles champion, we've got 4 champs who'd be willing to kick his arse in giving him an opportunity.

Saboteur jumps up on the apron and is about to get into the ring when suddenly, Holmes comes charging at the champ and knocks him to the floor with a knee and dropping the championships. The crowd boos heavily as Holmes looks to go to the outside and pursue him. Referee Morse slides out and gets in the way of Holmes, doing his best from preventing Holmes to ambush Saboteur.

Holmes: The match hasn't started, imbecile.

Holmes pushes past the referee and goes after Saboteur, grabbing him by the head and throwing him into the barricade. He clutches his back as the fans pat him on the shoulders, giving Saboteur words of encouragement as Holmes goes up to Saboteur and slams his head on the apron before rolling him into the ring. Holmes gets into the ring and the referee rings the bell.

* DING * DING * DING *

Connor: And the match is now officially underway.

Saboteur moves away as he gets to his feet but Holmes presses on him. He goes to grab Saboteur but the fan favourite surprises Holmes with an European uppercut and a quick small dropkick, sending Holmes back into the turnbuckles. This gives Saboteur enough time to remove his katana's and gear before turning around, seeing Holmes recovering from the corner. He runs at Holmes but he evades as Saboteur jumps up, looking for a stinger splash. Saboteur makes a mid-air adjustment, landing on the middle turnbuckles as Holmes turns around. Holmes charges at Saboteur who manages to jump over him as he gets close to the turnbuckle and decides to run. Holmes pushes of the turnbuckles, looking frustrated as prepares himself. He goes for an attack but Saboteur evades via a baseball slide before getting back to his feet. He goes for a roundhouse kick but Holmes goes behind Saboteur, hooking his arms around Saboteur's stomach to go for a back suplex. As he does, the suplex-countering master manages to reverse the move into a shiranui! Saboteur stumbles as he tries landing on his feet whilst Holmes crawls to a nearby corner, looking for refuge.

Saboteur goes after Holmes, hitting some quick blows to Holmes who attempts to cover up and throw a couple of punches on his own but Saboteur evades each one. Saboteur finishes up with a slap, enraging Holmes as the crowd chants "oooooooo." Saboteur apologises as he steps back but Holmes looks to advance on him. Saboteur drops to the ground, performing a double leg takedown and begins with a series of punches as Holmes escapes to the outside of the ring. The fans cheer as Saboteur raises his hands in the air and a flustered Holmes recovers on the outside, looking increasingly annoyed as the referee begins his count.

Cohen: This is simply embarrassing. Holmes is an acclaimed wrestler and he has to deal with Saboteur's ridiculous style?

Connor: We can argue about the current state of professional wrestling at another time Jack but right now, whatever Saboteur is doing seems to be getting the job done over Holmes' traditional means.

The referee gets to the count of 6 before Saboteur decides to take matters into his own hands, sliding out of the ring with a baseball slide that connects with Holmes' face, sending him back into the barricades. The fans cheer as Saboteur approaches the barricade and grabbing the head of Holmes. He holds his arm up high with the fans cheering as he slams Holmes' head onto the top of the barricade. The fans chant along as Saboteur hits each slam.

1!

2!

3!

4!

5!

On the fifth hit, Holmes falls back, clutching his head as the fans begin to chant the name of their fan favourite.

"Sab-O-Teur! Sab-O-Teur! Sab-O-Teur!"

Saboteur takes a bow for the audience as he turns around to see a slowly recovering Holmes, helping him to his feet before throwing him into the ring where Referee Morse is demanding Saboteur brings the action back inside before he receives a disqualification. Saboteur gets into the ring as Holmes is on one knee, looking to stand up to a vertical base. Saboteur approaches and as he goes to grab Holmes, Steven pops up and quickly hits a belly-to-belly suplex, sending Saboteur across the ring. Saboteur clutches his back again as Holmes uses this opportunity to shake his head and catch his breath.

Cohen: That's the type of wrestling that I'm talking about. An excellent counter by the suplex master himself.

Connor: It certainly buys Holmes enough time to recuperate from his barricade smashing his head took but can he turn the tables and shift the momentum?

Holmes gets to his feet before Saboteur does and heads over towards him. Saboteur looks to defend himself, delivering a couple of shots to Holmes before he counters with a knee to the gut. Holmes grabs the head of Saboteur and hits a quick neckbreaker, taking him down. Instead of going for a pin, Holmes locks in a simple chin-lock onto Saboteur, keeping the pressure on Saboteur's neck as he looks to escape. After a few seconds of enduring the hold, Saboteur is able to slowly but surely get to his feet, delivering a couple of elbow shots to let Holmes go. The crowd cheers for Saboteur as he runs off the ropes and attempts for the Super Saboteur! but Holmes steps aside, wrapping his arm around the waist of Saboteur whilst he is in mid-air and catches him with the other arm as he grounds Saboteur on his feet. Holmes delivers a German suplex, driving Saboteur into the canvas as Holmes bridges for the pin...

... 1

... 2

... kick-out by Saboteur. Holmes let's go of the clutch and quickly repositions himself to lock in another chin-lock.

Connor: Very innovative submission hold.

Cohen: Sometimes the simple thing is all that's needed. It may not have a good track record of ending matches but it'll help you get there quicker.

Saboteur isn't as fresh as last time, staying in the hold for a lot longer until the fans begin to rally together with cheers and applause in hopes to build the adrenaline up for their fan favourite. Saboteur begins to feel the blood pumping as he attempts to get to his feet, eventually getting there but before he can escape, Holmes is prepared and hooks the arms of Saboteur, delivering an underhook suplex. Holmes gets to his feet and heads over to the fallen Saboteur, bending over and getting in his face.

Holmes: Have you had enough?

Holmes picks up Saboteur to his feet, delivers one more knee to the stomach and lifts up Saboteur for a standing vertical suplex, keeping it delayed as the blood rushes to the head of Saboteur. Holmes continues to keep Saboteur in the air for a few more seconds before crashing down to the canvas. Members of the crowd applaud the feat of strength as Holmes crawls over for the cover...

... 1

... 2

... kick-out by Saboteur with cheers from the audience. Holmes doesn't appear to be happy as he questions referee Morse who tells him that it was a 2 count.

Cohen: Saboteur can't kick-out forever.

Connor: Neither can Holmes continue to suplex Saboteur forever. He'll run out soon before going back to the well once too many so Saboteur can counter.

Cohen: But will he have the strength?

Holmes grabs Saboteur and locks him in the Superiority Complex, trying to get Saboteur to fade out as he flails around, looking for an escape. Saboteur uses his energy to run towards the corner and up the turnbuckles, pushing back and forcing Holmes to trip backwards. As the hit the canvas together, Holmes still has the submission hold applied and slowly gets to his feet, still holding Saboteur as the fans beg for him to not tap. Holmes has the leverage as referee Morse asks Saboteur to give up but he refuses. Saboteur gets to his feet and jumps up, managing to perform a modified victory roll, getting Holmes in a pinning predicament...

... 1

... 2

... kick-out by the surprises Holmes who rolls out. Saboteur tries to get to his feet but gets hit with a running high knee. Saboteur spins around and hits the pele kick out of nowhere!

"GOOOOAAALLLL!"

Both men drop to the canvas as they take some nasty hits, causing Morse to check on both men before starting a 10 count.

Connor: It's anyone's game now!

Cohen: Saboteur has taken more hits than Holmes by now - he must have. He can't fight back.

Connor: Stranger things have happened and if the heart is willing, any body can achieve anything.

The crowd cheers and applauds for Saboteur as Holmes gets to his feet first whilst Saboteur is on one knee. Holmes goes up to Saboteur but he gets met with a roundhouse kick to the face! Holmes is stunned as Saboteur runs off the ropes, smacking Holmes with a spinning wheel kick, knocking him down. Saboteur slowly pops up, measuring Holmes as he gets to his feet; More Cowbell! for Holmes as he gets bell-clapped and headbutted, causing Holmes to stagger. Saboteur runs again and manages to hit a one-handed bulldog, crushing Holmes' face into the canvas. Saboteur holds his hand in the air as looks to ascend the turnbuckles with the crowd cheering him on. He gets to the top and looks to hit the Airborne Assassin but Holmes manages to recover, tripping the legs of Saboteur and landing crotch first onto the top turnbuckle.

Cohen: Ouch.

Holmes takes a couple of seconds to catch his breath before ascending up the turnbuckles, clutching Saboteur around the stomach from behind and forcing him to his feet. The crowd is on their feet as they watch Holmes go to deliver what looks like a top rope Back Suplex. He goes to execute but in mid-air, Saboteur is able to twist around and hit a modified Airborne Assassin/Crossbody-esque move as the two men go crashing into the canvas. They bounce off the mat but it seems as if Saboteur has the pin...

... 1

... 2

... 3 with Holmes getting the shoulder up too late!

Connor: He got it!

The referee signals for the bell as the crowd cheers loudly for the ending of the match.

Anderson: Here is your winner; Saboteur!

Saboteur slowly gets to his feet as the referee raises his hand, declaring him the victor. Saboteur stumbles over to the ropes and leans on them, holding his arm in the air as he makes his way up the turnbuckles and decides to celebrate with the fans. A recovering Holmes looks to be infuriated as he questions the judgement of the referee. Morse tells Holmes that it was a three but Holmes refuses to accept this fact, looking to argue with the referee more but Morse has none of it. He asks if Holmes is okay and he tells the referee to get lost. He shrugs and decides to exit as Saboteur continues to celebrate.

Cohen: Holmes had the shoulder up! He kick-out of the pin. That is completely biased and unfair!

Connor: How is it biased and unfair?

Cohen: Holmes kicked out! We all saw it!

Connor: According to referee Keith Morse, Holmes kick-out slightly after the three count. Saboteur won this match fair and square and he gets to celebrate a win over the former World champion as Ascension closes. It was a competitive match but the Tag Team champion will be the one standing tall as we say goodbye and goodnight from myself and Jack Coh-

Before Connor can finish her sentence, Steven Holmes has ambushed Saboteur from behind and begins viciously attacking Saboteur who is caught off guard. The crowd boo's heavily as Holmes begins brawling with Saboteur, managing to take him down by himself.

Connor: Oh c'mon Holmes. Saboteur rightfully won this match. What's the point?

Cohen: To send a message, CC. Embarrassing Holmes is done at your own risk.

Holmes brings Saboteur to his feet and looks to go for the Imperial Impaler in the center of the ring but Saboteur manages to deliver a back body drop, countering the move as the crowd cheers loudly. Saboteur signals that he is going to take care of Holmes once and for all, measuring up with the Death Blow but before he can attack, the crowd boo's heavily for the arrival of Holmes' girlfriend, Celeste Crimson. She slides into the ring and tackles Saboteur to the canvas, preventing him from hitting his finisher. Saboteur tries to fight off Celeste but Holmes recovers, joining his girlfriend as they double-team Saboteur. The crowd shows their displeasure as Holmes holds Saboteur's arms behind his back, allowing Celeste to hit body shot after body shot.

Cohen: There is nothing like true love to come to the rescue?

Connor: Rescue? Saboteur was the one defending himself and now Celeste has created a two-on-one situation, helping Holmes savagely beat-down on Saboteur.

Holmes lets go of Saboteur and allows Celeste to hit the Spirit Crusher on Saboteur, knocking him down to the canvas. Holmes & Celeste share a look of delight as they stare at each other before Holmes signals for her to prop him up. She feeds him to Holmes, allowing him to properly set-up and execute the Imperial Impaler on Saboteur. Celeste helps Holmes up to his feet and the two share an embrace as the crowd boo's this sick romantic moment. Holmes exits the ring and grabs one of the Tag Team championship belts, sliding back into the ring. He gets in Saboteur's face as Celeste holds his head back, putting the title in his face.

Holmes: You are not worthy of holding championship gold; let alone two. You shall pay for embarrassing me and disgracing this belt.

Holmes gets on Saboteur and locks in Aristocracy Reigns as Saboteur writhes in pain as Celeste watches on, taking a seat in front of Saboteur's face and watching him scream. The crowd is watching on in disgust as they begin to start a familiar chant.

"ACT-ION SAX-TON! ACT-ION SAX-TON!"

But as they continue to chant, nobody comes to the rescue of Saboteur as he continues to take the punishment in the center of the ring. The crowd chant louder but nothing happens.

Cohen: Look at these idiots chanting for Saxton! He's halfway across the world and he cannot save Saboteur. He hasn't got any more friends left to carry him. Saboteur is on his own now and if he wants to continue his antics, this is what he'll have to deal with from now on.

Connor: A jealous elitist and his gold-digging girlfriend ambushing you for winning matches? That's injustice! Somebody needs to come out and help Saboteur... anybody...

The broadcast slowly fades as Saboteur continues to be locked into the submission hold before security and officials run down the ramp, pulling Holmes off a limp Saboteur.

Who Wrote What:

FalK - Holmes vs. Saboteur, Ending & Sandy/Zeus segment
Harthan - Cooper vs. ???
JGlass - Opening, Killjoy vs. Zeus, Saboteur/Bob segment, Zeus pre-match promo, Tastic post-match interview
Kermit - Celeste vs. Titus, Callahan speech, Vega segment, Ricky segment, General show editing
Killjoy - Celeste vs. Titus, Callahan vs. Sandy
Shotaro - James Howard speech
Yaz - James Howard speech, Runn/Howard

Aftershock will be up later.

Again, apologies for the lateness of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back