AS 128 - The Beard/Ace Stevens vs Live Mas

Discussion in 'WZCW Roleplay Board' started by Hyorinmaru, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyorinmaru

Hyorinmaru Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
    E-Fed Mod

RP deadline is Wednesday May 23 at 11:59pm PST

Extensions available upon request

2. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

The scene opens in a hospital, yet again. We see Mikey Stormrage laying on a bed, his head bandaged following the attack at Ascension. By his side, Matt Tastic sits. His head down, dejected. Reflecting on what happened.

Matt: I'm here again. I didn't think I would. But my carelessness led me here again. All this time, I was being selfish. Now I see what is important. Sadly, what's important is hurt. I let it get hurt. I let Mikey get hurt. I abandoned my friend. I didn't see it. But now I do.

Matt: I wanted a match with you, thinking that's what would help me get back on track. To find myself again and focus. But I didn't see it. How all this time obsessing over this match just made me even less focused. I didn't see what really mattered. What made us friends in the first place. And that's what hurts me the most. I brushed that aside. I might as well have discarded our friendship. But you still had your hand for me. Like you did back then.

......As Matt speaks, dejected, we hear the notes of a guitar to play......

♬ I took a walk around the world to ease my troubled mind.
    I left my body lying somewhere in the sands of time.
    But I watched the world float to the dark side of the moon.
    I feel there is nothing I can do, yeah....... ♬

Matt: We didn't get along at first. I brushed your hand, just like I've been doing the past few weeks. I ignored you selfishly.

♬ I watched the world float to the dark side of the moon.
    After all I knew it had to be something to do with you.
    I really don’t mind what happens now and then.
    As long as you’ll be my friend at the end. ♬

Matt: You didn't give up on me. You saw something in me. That you saw in yourself.

♬ If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman.
    If I’m alive and well, will you be there a-holding my hand.
    I’ll keep you by my side with my superhuman might.
    Kryptonite ♬

Matt: You let me lean on you to stand strong and grow. You stood by me no matter what. At my best and my worst.

♬ You called me strong, you called me weak,
    But still your secrets I will keep
    You took for granted all the times
    I never let you down
    You stumbled in and bumped your head,
    If not for me then you'd be dead
    I picked you up and put you back on solid ground ♬

Matt: I could never repay all you've done for me. And yet here I was, selfishly asking for a match against you. Against what you wanted.

Kryptonite ♬

Matt: You knew how to bring me joy. You gave me the ultimate gift.

Kryptonite ♬

Matt; After my time, it started to be your time. And that's when I started to think I fell.

Kryptonite ♬

Matt: But I see it now. I lost sight of what made us what we are. You didn't though.

♬ Oh, whoa, whoa
    Oh, whoa, whoa
    Oh, whoa, whoa ♬

Matt gets up from the chair. His fist clutches tightly as he decides to leave the hospital room. As he steps outside, there's Granpa Tastic waiting for him. Matt turns to him.

Granpa: You see it now? I told you when I came back. Mikey was your road to Kingdom Come. You finally get it.

Matt: Yeah. All this time, I let my selfishness get the better of me. It never should've been about finding success. The best time of my career was when I was having fun. And when I stopped having fun, the success stopped too.

Granpa: I'm glad you see it.

Matt: I let him get hurt, Granpa. I let him down. He's been trusting me for years. And I left him alone. What kind of friend am I, Granpa?

Granpa: What will you do?

Matt: I'm going back to face them.

Granpa: But you're alone!

Matt: Just like Mikey was and look at him now. Whatever happens, I earn. I have to get back to the show.

Matt: And so, I fell. I woke up. And there he was. Again. Beside me. Bed to bed. But this time I knew what to do. Live Mas rides again.

Matt stretches his arm out, reaching out before he gives out and falls unconscious.

[YOUTUBE]xPU8OAjjS4k[/YOUTUBE]

===============

Matt: Oh yeah. I did that. Jajajaja.

3. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

I'd been in this situation before. It was nothing new. In an unfamiliar city, thousands of miles from home. This time though, it was different. I didn't really have a home. I had bought a place in Randers, hoping that Denmark would cure my depression. I was flying all over Europe on this tour though that I really didn't have much time to spend there. It didn't feel like much of a home anyway.

Newcastle seemed nice enough, and since I had on my DeAndre Yedlin jersey most people gave me a friendly nod. I passed some cool buildings as I walked. There was the school that Sting attended. There was the castle, I wonder if that is how the city got it's name? I saw St James' Park. The soccer stadiums in Europe always amazed me, they seemed so much different than the stadiums back in the US. Of course I wouldn't call it a soccer stadium out loud, I didn't want to be run out of town. I even passed Avison Library, which made me stop and think on the name for a few minutes.

All in all Newcastle was a fine city, but I still couldn't get my mind off Kingdom Come no matter how hard I tried. Careers are defined at Kingdom Come, and mine was no different. I had won titles, I had main evented the show, I had put on memorable matches. This year though, it felt different. Triple X used to be a guy I called a friend, and somewhere along the way he changed. I guess we all change as time goes on, but X felt vastly different. Something got crossed up somewhere and he became the complete opposite of who he once was.

Then there was Mark Keaton. Truth be told, I'm not sure what compelled Keaton to do the things he did. Maybe hid dad didn't give him enough attention growing up so he acts out as an adult, but he tried to end my career. I could play it off that I held no ill will toward him, but in truth, he tried to take away everything I had in life. Wrestling was my safe space. As strange as that sounded, it was true. All my life I was an outcast, but when I stepped inside that ring, people liked me, I belonged. When he broke my back and tried to make sure I never wrestled again, he tried to make sure I was an outcast again. That transgression wouldn't stand.

Through it all, there was one constant. Matt. To this day, I will never truly understand how Matt and I came to be. On the surface we didn't have that much in common and the deeper you dug, the more apart we seemed. We just clicked though. Maybe because we were two lost souls trying to find purpose in life. Maybe we just both loved tacos too much. Maybe he thought I was handsome, I know I thought he cleaned up nicely. Whatever it was, Matt was more than a friend. He was more than some slogan I ripped off from Taco Bell. Matt was my brother, Matt was family, the only family I had left.

My mind was glued to X and Keaton, so much so that I couldn't focus on the upcoming match I had against Ace Stevens and Beard. Sure, I had beaten both in the past, I could easily write them off, but I knew all too well what happened when you overlook an opponent in this business. Ace was a very formidable Mayhem Champion, even if his jokes fell flatter than three day old Mountain Dew Baja Blast (available at Taco Bell). Beard was an opponent I knew well. The massive brute and I had many battles over the years, dating all the way back to my first ever win with the company. We even faced off at Kingdom Come in the first ever TLC match in company history. He was a tag champ, a King For A Day winner, and a former World Champion who had main evented Kingdom Come against Matt. He would be no pushover.

I continued to walk around town, until I came to a park. I found a bench and decided to have a seat and just take in the view for a bit. A few minutes later, someone sat down next to me.

"Nice weather we are having today."

"Feels nice out, yeah."

"That accent, you aren't from here are you?"

"Oh, no. I'm just here on business."

"You look familiar."

"Haha, I hear that a lot."

"I'm certain I have seen you somewhere....wait....are you Mikey Stormrage?"

I nodded my head.

"The one and only."

The man extended a hand, which I gladly shook.

"Big fan Mikey."

I smiled at him.

"Thanks. Always nice to meet a fan of my work."

"Yeah mate, you are one of the top guys in WZCW. Really enjoy cheering you on. Not like that Titus prick, a real cunt he is."

I laughed. He wasn't wrong.

"I didn't catch your name."

"Names Liam. Liam McCritchin."

"Nice to meet you Lee-am."

I sat and talked with Liam for a about two hours, until I was due for my press work. I asked him the quickest way back to St James' Park.

"Oh, before I go, I hear Newcastle is getting a Taco Bell soon."

"Yeah, they just announced it."

"Well here is my contact info, when they build it, you let me know and I'll take my new friend out for some tacos."

And with that, Mikey Stormrage became good friends with Liam, the only man in Newcastle he knew by name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.