AS 106 - Luke Manson versus Garth Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
The theme song of Gold Rush plays through the speakers and the WZCW fans begin to cheer. Luke can hear them as he sits back in the locker room. He can still hear the fans chanting his name about a hour ago. Victory over two of greatest wrestlers in the business and he owes a lot of it to his partner, Theron Daggershield. He is a little tired and bumped up a bit from his match yet, he feels so alive. He can get use to this.

His mind begins to slip and he thinks of Ashley and Sebastian. He hopes that his son caught him on the preshow tonight. Afterall, that is the reason why he is here in the first place. A knock on the door interrupts his thoughts and the door to the locker room opens. Leon Kensworth pops his head in the door.

Leon-Hey, I was told to talk to you about your match that just went on. Got a free minute?

A confused Luke nods his head slowly at Leon. Leon comes in through the door and heads over to where Luke is sitting.

Luke-You said your name is Leon?

Leon smiles widely and nods his head. Luke extends his hand and Leon accepts the handshake.

Luke-Pleasure to meet you. So you want to talk about my match? Did I do something wrong?

Leon chuckles a bit at the remark.

Leon-No no no. You did great out there. I wanted to get your thoughts on your first match in front of the WZCW Universe.

Luke-God, it was great. The energy and the adrenaline. It was a total rush and I am honored that I could go out there and show them what I had.

Leon writes what Luke just said down on a notepad.

Leon-Yes, we have THE greatest fans in the world here. So, now that you have the hard part over in your debut...what goals do you have in WZCW?

Luke-I have not really thought about that. I just want my son to be proud of me to be honest.

Leon-I understand. You just want a feel for this place first. It can be really scary at first but I think you will do just fine. But you should always have a goal here though. Whether it be a title or just to get noticed, you should pick something.

Luke-Thanks Leon.

Leon-I gotta go though. I will see you around and maybe we can do an actual interview one day.

The two shake hands before Leon leaves Luke alone in the room. Goals? He only joined WZCW to make his son proud but maybe he can do more with this than just that.

A few days go by and Luke is at this job at the gym, cleaning out the bathrooms. Coach Adams walks in and stares at him, with Luke not even noticing.

Coach-Luke, what are you doing?

Luke turns and see Coach staring at him. He leans the mop against the wall so he can focus purely on what Coach has to say.

Luke-Hey Coach...I'm cleaning the bathroom. I'll get started on the cleaning the mirrors after a bit.

Coach-Luke, I saw your match. You really proved me wrong and you didn't get your ass kicked. Good job.

Luke-Thanks Coach, that really means a lot to me coming from you.

Luke takes this as Coach was trying to apologize for last week, stating that he was going get his ask kicked in the tag match.

Coach-Luke, you're fired.

A cold look comes across Luke's face. His heart sinks like it was dragged into his stomach...He didn't know what to think.

Coach-I'm going to train you full time. You do not have time to clean the bathrooms anymore. I want you in the ring six days a week training. I see in you what my trainer saw in me. You really worked in that ring at Gold Rush.

With that, Luke's spirit is instantly reignited. He is speechless and doesn't know what to say or do.

Coach-You're not going to cry on me, Are you?

Luke laughs at the joke.

Luke-No Coach...I'm not.

Coach-Good. I do not deal with cry babies. Now, you start tomorrow at five A.M. Also, you got a phone call from someone. She left her number...it's by the phone.

Coach walks out the door of the bathroom and Luke shortly follows and heads to the phone. He sees a number with the name "Ashley" written next to it. His heart begins to pound with excitement. He quickly dials the number and listens to the ring.

Ashley-Hello?

Luke-Hey Ash, it's Luke...I got your message. What's going on?

Ashley-What the fuck are you doing?

Luke is thrown off by the way the conversation turned.

Luke-Urm..What do you mean?

Ashley-Don't play dumb Luke. I saw you..We all seen you. We watch WZCW as a family and just as we are sitting down enjoying the pre-show, I hear it. OUR sound plays....and the announcer says Queens...and then says your damn name?! What the fuck are you doing?

Luke-I'm not sure why you are pissed.

Ashley-Sebastian...he saw you and broke down...I wasn't sure what was wrong with him.

Luke's heart shrinks again and it feels like it was ripped out of his chest again. The emotions running through his head right now. Sadness....disappointment....anger...not at Sebastian but at himself. He could have had the Sebastian's love years ago but he is the one who walked out and abandoned him.

Ashley-Luke? Are you there?

Luke-...Yeah....I'm here...

Ashley-Look, I can see that you are off drugs and that is a great thing but we both cannot just forgive you like nothing has happened. I talked to Sebastian and he wants to meet you but if we do this, we do it on my terms and conditions. First, you will not break his heart. You do that and I will kill you. Second, you will keep your word to him always. If you say you are going to be somewhere, you damn better be there. And last:We are not getting back together. If you say anything about us to him...this is off. And for the first few visits...if you make it that far...they will be supervised. I will be there always. Got that?

Luke-Thank you...

Ashley hangs up the phone, leaving a heart-broken Luke to lean up against the wall and slowly slide his back down it. He sits there for a few moments thinking of everything he lost.

Coach sees what happened from across the gym and walks over to Luke.

Coach-Get up. Get your ass in the ring.

Luke looks up to Coach, who returns the look with disappointment.

Coach-Luke, you are a natural in the ring. Get your ass up and get in the ring. Screw tomorrow--We will start our training now.

Luke-Coach, I'm really not in the mood...

Coach-Neither am I. Look, you have what it takes to be great. You have what it takes to be The Man! You want your son to notice you? This is how you do it. So you can either get in that ring or you can take your ass home.

Luke slowly gets up and heads to the ring and starts to do is workout, listening to Coach yell drills at him. This goes on for what seems like hours and he trains his ass off. He is ready to make his son proud. Finally a break for Luke and he gets some water. He hears the phone ring to the gym. The front counter clerk picks up the phone and waves down Luke. He jogs over and she hands him the phone.

Luke-Hello?

Rebecca-Hello, I am looking for Luke Manson This is Rebecca Serra, General Manager of Ascension.

Luke-Mrs. Serra! This is Luke, how are you?

Becky-Good. We never actually met, so I wanted to call you since you will be working on my show this week. I actually booked you in a match this week on Ascension. You will face the runner up in the Gold Rush Tournament, Garth Black. Good luck.

She hangs up the phone without a goodbye. Luke looks concerned as well as excited about his match against Garth. He walks over to the ring inside the gym and sits down next to Coach.

Luke-I got a call from Rebecca Serra, she is the General Manger of Ascension and she told me about my match. I am facing Garth Black.

Coach Adams eyes get big for a slight second and go back to normal but it was enough to catch Luke's Attention.

Luke-You heard of Garth?

Coach sighs and nods his head.

Coach-Yeah, I've heard of him and I don't want to scare you off but I've seen him fight a few times. Good guy...a lot like you Luke. He fell down a dark path before as well with drugs and alcohol and he is very talented but the guy is as rotten as they come. He has been in the business a while and he has seen a lot of his peers rise above where he has gotten. It turned him into the man he is today. He never understood why he wasn't moving up. He could not handle the fact that he was always going to be stuck in the mid-card. He just could not face that he would never be pushed to be world champion.

Luke-Think I can beat him?

Coach-If you train hard. You are a fast learner Luke but you can beat anyone on that roster. You just need to keep you head strait and focus.

Luke-Leon Kensworth told me that I need to make goals in WZCW or I will fall flat. I think he is right. I came to WZCW to get my kid to notice me. While that is still my priority, I think I have a new goal. Garth Black. He was runner up in the Gold Rush tournament, losing to Matt Tastic and if I can beat him, I think I can beat nearly anyone. That is my goal this week. I want to beat Garth. I will beat Garth.

Even though Garth Black is a former tag team champion in WZCW, he doesn't have Phoenix around to help him anymore. He was always runner up and second best. This week on Ascension, Garth will learn that his place in WZCW, is behind Luke Manson. Luke gets back into the ring to continue his training with Adams. six days a week? No problem. Luke is ready for Garth Black but the question is...Is Garth ready for Luke Manson?

Telephone Transcripts for WZCW Head Offices call number #13432

Telephone Operator: Hello, you're through to WZCW Offices, Tiffany speaking, what can I help you with? I should just remind you that calls may be recorded for training purposes.

Garth Black: I need to speak to Mr. Banks please.

Telephone Operator: I'm afraid Mr. Banks doesn't take calls from members of the public.

Garth Black: I'm an employee.

Telephone Operator: Ah you should have said sir, what is your name and company password.

Garth Black: Garth Black. What do you mean password?

Telephone Operator: It should be your mother's maiden name, Mr. Black.

Garth Black: Oh, ok. My mother's maiden name was White.

Telephone Operator: How ironic!

Garth Black: That's not what irony means.

Telephone Operator: You didn't ask why it was ironic!

Garth Black: It doesn't matter.

Telephone Operator: Ok... anyway... I'm afraid white doesn't appear to be the password, Mr. Black. Are you sure that's your mother's maiden name?

Garth Black: You're asking me to confirm that I know my mother's name?

Telephone Operator: Yes.

Garth Black: Unbelievable. Yes, that's my mother's name.

Telephone Operator: I've tried 5 times now, and I'm afraid I can't let you speak to any one in the corporate team without a company password, sir.

Garth Black: This is ridiculous, anyone who watched the show could confirm this is me and my voice. Can I speak to Becky Serra please?

Telephone Operator: I'm afraid that won't be possible sir.

Garth Black: Can I speak to Vance Bateman please?

Garth Black: Fine, anyone. Can I speak to Jonny Klamor or Jack Cohen or Leon Kensworth, anyone at all please?

Garth Black: Unbelievable, can I speak to Backstage Bob, there's no way he's off limits?

Telephone Operator: I'm afraid that won't be possible either, sir.

Garth Black: Is there any way, whatsoever that I can speak to anyone that can help me in this situation?

Telephone Operator: Yes.

Garth Black: And who would that be?

Telephone Operator: Tech support.

Garth Black: Ok. Can I talk to tech support please.

Telephone Operator: Sure, I'll put you through. Hold please.

[Hold Music]

[YOUTUBE]8oYodfK4DkE[/YOUTUBE]

Technical Support: Good afternoon, you're through to WZCW Technical Support, Andy speaking, how may I help you?

Garth Black: I need my password reset so that I can speak to the corporate team on the telephone.

Technical Support: Ok, sure. What is your name and position within the company?

Garth Black: Garth Black, and I'm a wrestler.

Technical Support: Right, to reset the password I'm going to need to ask you your secret question, ok?

Garth Black: Yeah, that's fine.

Technical Support: Ok, your secret question is what was your first pet called?

Garth Black: Socks.

Technical Support: I'm afraid that's not the answer I have, could it be anything else.

Garth Black: No, that was my first pet?

Technical Support: Are you sure? Because I have something completely different written down here, and I can't make changes to your account until it is done.

Garth Black: Is there any other way I could get my password reset?

Technical Support: You could get a unique code and reference from the Human Resources department to confirm your identity.

Garth Black: And how do I do that?

Technical Support: I'll put you through.

[HOLD MUSIC]

[YOUTUBE]kzCJkm711rk[/YOUTUBE]

Human Resources: WZCW Human Resources Department, you're through to Cathy, how may I help you?

Garth Black: My name is Garth Black, I'm employed as a wrestler and I need a unique reference code so that Technical Support will let me change my password, so that the operator can put me through to corporate, so that I can speak to anyone in the department, so that they can explain why THE LIGHTS SUDDENLY WENT OFF FOR NO REASON IN THE MIDDLE OF MY MATCH FOR A TITLE OPPORTUNITY!

Human Resources: There's no need to shout Mr. Black, I'm only happy to help.

Garth Black: Ok, I'm sorry it's not your fault. Could you please give me the code?

Human Resources: Sure, the first thing you need to do is tell me your date of birth.

Garth Black: 29th February 1980

Human Resources: So, that makes you... 9 years old.

Garth Black: No, I'm 36.

Human Resources: But the system is telling me that your birthday has only passed 9 times since you were born.

Garth Black: Is this a joke?

Human Resources: No, sir. Can you read me the code from the top right hand corner of your payslip.

Garth Black: Sure, it's 83857U4U4NHH4.

Human Resources: Ok sir, your unique code is TASTICGOLDRUSH278.

Garth Black: This is a joke isn't it? Someone has orchestrated this.

Human Resources: I'm afraid we just use a phrase from a recent show... Anyway I'll put you back through to technical support.

[HOLD MUSIC]
[YOUTUBE]mAH0iuua-qI[/YOUTUBE]

Technical Support: Good afternoon, you're through to WZCW Technical Support, Rob speaking, how may I help you?

Garth Black: I called in earlier to reset my password, and was told I needed a unique identifier code, which I have now obtained.

Technical Support: Ok, sure. What is your name?

Garth Black: Garth Black.

Technical Support: Ok Mr. Black, what is the code?

Garth Black: TASTICGOLDRUSH278.

Technical Support: Ok great, Mr. Black. Would you like to change your secret answer to avoid this in future?

Garth Black: Yes absolutely, could you tell me what it is at present.

Technical Support: Err... sure, the question was What was your first pet's name? And the answer is 'Socks the cat'

Garth Black: Socks the cat. So you're colleague denied me because I didn't say it was a cat?

Technical Support: I couldn't possibly comment sir, would you like me to change it to Socks?

Garth Black: Yes please.

Technical Support: For password, we usually suggest that people use their mother's maiden name, what's yours?

Garth Black: White.

Technical Support: That's odd, it was that before. Anyway, it's all set now, I'll pass you back over to the operator.

Garth Black: Thanks.

[HOLD MUSIC]
[YOUTUBE]-nCYEQ_9hWs[/YOUTUBE]

Telephone Operator: Hello, you're through to WZCW Offices, Tiffany speaking, What can I help you with? I should just remind you that calls may be recorded for training purposes.

Garth Black: Hi, I've been on the phone for quite some time changing my password to get through to the corporate office.

Telephone Operator: Oh yeah, Mr Black, did you get your password changed.

Garth Black: I tried to, but apparently it already was White.

Telephone Operator: And I'm telling you, I've been trying to type that and it's not working.

Garth Black: How are you spelling it?

Telephone Operator: W-I-G-H-T

Garth Black: That's not how you spell White.

Telephone Operator: Well, sure it is. My surname is Wright, so I dropped the 'R', that's why I said it was ironic.

Garth Black: That. is not. What. Irony. means.

Telephone Operator: So how are you spelling it, like the colour?

Garth Black: Yes, like the color.

Telephone Operator: Hey, you're name is Black but your mother's name is White. That's iro..

Garth Black: No. It's not. Can you just put me through to anyone in corporate?

Telephone Operator: There's no need to be so rude. The only person in today is Miss Serra, would you like to speak to her.

Garth Black: Sure.

[HOLD MUSIC]
[YOUTUBE]Pw8sNoodIDk[/YOUTUBE]

Miss Serra: Good evening, this is Miss Rebecca Serra, to whom am I speaking?

Garth Black: It's Garth Black.

Miss Serra: Garth! Where are you, nobody has seen you since Gold Rush?

Garth Black: I've been on this phone call. I wan answers, Miss Serra.

Miss Serra: Answers to what?

Garth Black: Answers to what happened to me on Gold Rush the other day.

Miss Serra: You lost, Garth. Tough break.

Garth Black: I lost. It's the most predictable result to the tournament. I lose to your golden boy.

Miss Serra: I don't know what to say, you lost to Matt Tastic, he is far from our idea of a golden boy.

Garth Black: Better the devil you know, I guess.

Miss Serra: You're not making any sense. Look, the lights went out at the...

Garth Black: ...most convenient possible time. Did they go out at any other point? No. How on earth would Titus and Flex on the ramp cause the entire arena lights to fuse? They're on different circuits!

Miss Serra: What're you an electrician?

Garth Black: No, Miss Serra I'm a realist. I know you, or Bateman, or Banks or someone turned out the lights on me because you knew I was going to win. You knew I was going to succeed and you had to stop it.

Miss Serra: If you've called to spout your conspiracies, I'm not interested. You have a match this week on..

Garth Black: ...let me guess, Ascension.

Miss Serra: Yes, actually, and you should mind your tone. You'll be wrestling Luke Manson, the new guy.

Garth Black: The wreck head? Look, I've been where he's been myself, I've seen the dark and I feel bad for what will happen to him if you put him against me. I feel sorry for the guy, he's done nothing wrong, but until this company starts to take me seriously and until my rightful place in the main event at Unscripted is booked, you will face the consequences of your actions on a weekly basis.

Manson is a lamb to the slaughter, and there will be many more. I don't have time for this, I have just beaten former champions and had another beaten, and you have the audacity to put me up against a guy that has wrestled one match ever. I will not be held responsible when Manson ends up doped up on painkillers.

Then we can talk about what happened at Gold Rush and what's going to happen at Unscripted. If it was ever certain that this company had an agenda against me, it was made perfectly clear on that day that everything I've been saying for the past 7 months is true. You've got an agenda against me and enough is enough, I am going to take what is rightfully mine, and Manson's just the first st..

[CLICK]

[[END TRANSCRIPT]]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo