Are you excited for Wrestlemania?

If you like violence and high spots this should be a strong Mania. With the exception of the Women's Title match and Y2AJ I don't expect this Mania to be much of a creative wrestling clinic. All three main events have an edge to them. While they haven't been all that well built, each pairing is going to have to pull out all the stops to make a mark and the most likely way is through big spots and extraordinary violence.

The rest of the card is what it is. The ladder match should have that high spot appeal and some good wrestling. Kallisto will probably do something unique. New Day will amuse.

That all being said I'm probably going to sit this Mania out. I'm sorry about the injuries but Raw hasn't done it's job to promote this show enough for me to watch live. I'll regret it because I enjoy high spots and violence but when Raw is so bad that I don't care to watch it I struggle even more to have any desire to watch the PPV.

I've been waiting for something to sell me on this show but with 12 days to go, I've now given up. This card is an utter clusterfuck, the end result of focusing entirely on the title match and just throwing the rest together at the last minute.
Nothing exemplifies this attitude more than the 7-man ladder match. Look at all the talent in that match, talent that would have been better used improving the rest of the card. The same is true of New Day Vs TLoN. You could make at least 4 pretty good matches out of all of them combined, but no, because the WWE has left it so late, everyone just gets thrown in together. It's an embarrassment.
Don't even get me started on Taker's match. When it was announced, I was absolutely certain that it was a bait & switch (it may still be) but as the weeks have gone on, it seems like they're actually doing it. Putting aside that the build has been utter nonsense, Taker's last ever match may very well be against Shane fucking McMahon, to me that's just incredibly disrespectful. I'm sure they've got something planned, but that doesn't really help sell the event right now, does it?

I'm not really more excited than I am for other PPVs. It should be a good show. I'm very curious to see how they're going to do Taker/Shane and HHH/Reigns. This PPV should be atleast as good as WM 29.

I'm really excited about the show. Part of it is because I go every year so I'm always excited about the trip. I also always am excited for a stadium show and the production of the whole thing, the set and stage all of that. But I'm actually excited about the card for the most part. I think the build is a lot better than last year was,it's not as good as some years but I think most of it is pretty good, but I actually think almost every match has potential to be really good.

I'm most excited for the Divas match. Having watched those three over the last year and a half or so I think this match is going to be amazing. I've always been a big womens wrestling fan and have really hated what they did to the division over the last several years in general and I hate what they've done with them at Wrestlemania in particular. This is the first time in 10 years that they've had a match that wasn't a battle royal or had snooze or some stupid gimmick in it that made it a total joke. Last year was just a straight tag match so I guess that wasn't too gimmicky but the title wasn't being defended so this is going to be great. Those three stole the show on almost every NXT show they worked together and it could totally happen here. Also Sasha is my favorite wrestler.

Probably the best build has been AJ and Jericho. I thought it was kind of stupid for them to have had three matches before Wrestlemania but with Jericho turning heel and really doing what he does best I think it's been really good. Another possible show stealer.

I'm expecting the Cell match and the Ambrose Brock matches to be great.

I think I'm looking forward to the main event more than most people. I don't care if it's predictable and I don't understand why so many people have a problem with that. We all knew Daniel Bryan was gonna win at 30 and no was bitching about that being predictable. Same the Austin at 14 and HBK at 12. Not liking Reigns or Triple H or thinking it's gonna be a shit match are fine arguments but being predictable I think is just a stupid argument. But anyway I think it's gonna be awesome, Triple H is just so smart in the ring and has last two matches proved that he's still got it.

As far as other matches go the battle royal I'm sure will be fun and so will The Usos and Dudleys. I'm assuming those will be on the preshow and possibly the 5 on 5 divas match as well which I think can be pretty good if they let Paige, Emma, and Naomi do most of the work. I'm just dreading them all hitting their finishes one after another and I'd almost bet money it's gone happen. The ladder match should be awesome and I'm glad Zack Ryder is finally getting a match; I hope he figures out a way to really shine. The one match I'm to looking forward to is Kalisto and Ryback. I just can't understand how one person likes Ryback. It seems like a total waste of Kalisto. I hope they do a Rey vs. JBL and Kalisto pins him in like 30 seconds and he quits.

Oh I almost forgot about New Day. As much as I love their pre match antics I hope they just get to the match because I think they've actually booked too many matches and I'd rather see them skip the shenanigans than see a good match get it's time cut. I love New Day but League of Nations don't do anything for me. I actually like all four of them better solo, apart from Del Rio who I really just don't like. I actually expect it to be a good match I'm just not particularly excited about it.

Somewhat. The card is finally starting to look good, but it could be better. Trips VS Roman never felt like the best option for the World Championship match on the biggest show of the year. If only Seth Rollins didn't get injured we could have gotten the Shield triple threat.... I'm so disappointed in the decision WWE made to have the Shane VS Taker match, that is an absolute disaster. It's the one card on the show I have zero interest in. Why couldn't we have gotten Taker VS Jericho instead? Shane VS Taker is 100% garbage and I cannot FATHOM why the WWE would decide to do this match, let alone the horrible storyline. The other advertised matches, including Trips VS Roman have gotten my interest. Some more than others. Jericho VS Styles is a potential show stealer, and for what has to be the first time since the Trish/Lita days, the divas may even be one of the better matches on a main roster card. Charlotte VS Becky VS Sasha has amazing potential.

My guess would be the divas tag team match and the Andre Battle Royal are the pre-show matches while the rest are the main card. Trips VS Roman likely closing the show. Where's Bray Wyatt? They are losing out on a huge opportunity by not putting the Wyatts anywhere. With an arena that large his entrance could be epic. I'm giving the show a chance. However, with that being said, I'm really looking forward more to it for the experience of attending Wrestlemania for the 2nd time than I am for any of the actual matches. If I was watching from home I'd feel about as underwhelmed as I did last year, and that show still delivered in the end. Fingers are crossed. I do not know what can salvage the show at this point, although odds are that even in the absolute worse case scenario, it'll still be better than Wrestlemania 27 was.

Every year since wrestlemania 27, the build up hasn't felt like wrestlemania season but every year the show has been really good. So while the build up hasn't been the greatest, on paper, the show look like a really good show and I'm excited about the whole show. I think that the 3 main matches will delivers and might even help get roman reigns get over with the fans. The undercard is strong and will help the younger talent that normally wouldn't get a shot at the main wrestlemania a shot to bring their a game and show how good they are to a bigger audience.

so yes, I'm excited about wrestlemania and I can wait to watch this show next week.

I don't really think it can be disputed that this has been the worst built Wrestlemania of all time. Part of that isn't their fault, but a lot of it is. That being said, the show can still deliver in terms of the in-ring content, but I do think the lackluster build negates that content somewhat. I said this last year talking about Wrestlemania 31, wrestling is all about a set-up and a payoff, and the payoff depends heavily on that set-up. Wrestlemania 31 was all payoff with weak set-up and Wrestlemania 32 will probably be the same. There are no compelling moments you want to see at Wrestlemania 32, aside from maybe a businessman in his mid 40s falling off a cage. A non-wrestler. A guy that won't be around long term. Reigns has already had his big title win, seeing him get it back isn't as exciting. Nobody is behind Reigns as a babyface against Triple H. The Undertaker/Shane match is an illogical mess that disappoints the fans with both outcomes. Any memorable Wrestlemania moment will have to come out of nowhere will little to no set-up.

So no, I'm not that excited. It's impossible to get excited for a WWE show anymore. You've got 3 hours of Raw each week, plus 2 hours of SmackDown, plus NXT. Everything is watered down. Kayfabe is also dead, but sophisticated modern TV writing has not taken it's place. A lack of strong storytelling means a lack of interest. There's also no star power, thanks to a rash of injuries and an inability to effectively push anybody. A lack of star power means a lack of big matches...which means a lack of interest.

JR said it best when he said that tomorrow night's edition of Raw is going to have to be one of the best editions of Raw that we have ever seen.

I don't think that anyone disputes that this has been terrible built from the outset. The main event has been set since the Royal Rumble and it has completely failed to capture the imaginations of the fans. Roman Reigns is never going to be the man that the WWE wants him to be with the fans; that much is a given. But they set themselves down a road that meant it was too late for them to change the main event. And when you consider that it would likely have been a SHIELD triple threat match to headline Mania this year, you have to feel as though injuries have robbed of us of what could have been.

Brock Lesnar versus Dean Ambrose seems to be the only match that people are really excited for and, it has to be said, the WWE need to take some of the blame for that. They haven't given nearly enough build to some of the smaller matches on the card as they tried everything to get Reigns and Triple H over. And, as a result, no one give sa shit about what is coming. The co-main-event is nowhere near strong enough to convince a lot of people either. The Undertaker versus Shame McMahon could not have been anywhere near the top of the list of prospective matches only a couple of months ago. But here we are; making do with what is available.

I have to be honest, WrestleMania will always be a special event to me. And I am moving towards being marginally excited for the show one week out. But the WWE needs to do something special tomorrow night. I'm still hoping for Cena to appear and take on The Undertaker to sell the show to me. But with every passing week, the show becomes less and less exciting and more and more a case of what could have been.

Absolutely. I don't really care what anyone says about the show. Forget about the build and this actually looks like a solid card on paper. Triple H vs Roman Reigns will be better than expected mostly because they must realize what kind of backlash it's having so they will do their best to deliver. Shane McMahon vs The Undertaker is going to be batshit crazy and quite a spectacle despite the god awful storyline (who are we supposed to cheer for? The guy who wants to save Raw from the Authority or the man who is the biggest active legend left fighting for his career basically?). I fully expect a crazy entertaining bout and this wouldn't be happening if Shane and Taker didn't have some good stuff planned.

Ambrose vs Lesnar for me, like a lot of people, is the match I am looking forward to most. I am VERY curious to see how far they will go with the brutality. Lesnar matches always seem to go the extra mile compared to other matches. Compare Lesnar vs Taker in the cell last year to any of the ones the last couple years. Hopefully it will deliver and Dean is a made man afterward and thrust into the WWE title picture win or lose. REALLY hoping the Wyatt's don't interfere as it could ruin the potential match of the night and I've grown tired of Lesnar swatting them away like flies.

The Intercontinental title match is indeed bullshit from a storyline perspective but should be a fun opener even if last year's was a pretty big dud. Should been Zayn vs Owens and I have no idea where Ryder, Cara and Stardust came from and seemed to have been picked out of a hat to have been added to this match but whatever. The divas title match is basically what we have all been clamoring for since Becky, Charlotte and Sasha came up to the main roster. Just a shame it took this long to get these kind of matches going. I have a strong feeling it will be a letdown due to time constraints though but hopefully they get what they need.

I don't really care for the other matches (I had to go look at WWE's website to even remember Kalisto vs Ryback and the Dudleys vs Usos were happening), but WrestleMania always has some lame matches. Not every match has to be a potential show stealer otherwise the fans would be drained a half hour in. On the surface as you can see, most of the matches look pretty damn exciting if you can just get the awful builds out of your head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back