Are you excited for Wrestlemania?

BestSportsEntertainer

I Don't Need No User Title
There is only little less than three weeks away until WrestleMania. Although a lot of wrestlers are injured and the build has been fairly lackluster, it should be a good show. The main match and story is Roman Reigns vs. Triple H for the the WWE Championship. Dean Ambrose faces Brock Lesnar in a No DQ match. Lastly Shane McMahon faces the Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell for control of the company. There's also a chance WWE could break the indoor attendance record.

However it feels like something is missing. It doesn't feel like WrestleMania season. I'm not very excited. I'm sure other posters might share this sentiment because (as I said earlier) the build has been fairly lackluster and illogical. Still it is 'Mania so I'm at least somewhat interested. Anyways for the questions:

Are you excited for WrestleMania?
Which match are you most looking forward to?
Which match has had the best build so far?
Any other thoughts on the show?

I haven't been excited for a Mania in years but they usually end up exceeding my expectations. Every year people say, "it doesn't feel like Mania season" and that's probably because WWE doesn't treat it like Mania season. Since Mania 27, the "RTW" hasn't been much different or more exciting than any other part of the year, but as you said, it should be a good show nonetheless this year. Mania's usually the only PPV that I watch live and I generally find that I get my money's worth.

As for your questions:

Kind of, not really.
Shane/Taker
Don't even know. Probably HHH/Roman but Becky/Sasha/Charlotte and AJ/Jericho have also had great builds.
Doubt it will be one of the better Manias with all the talent missing, but hopefully it can live up to the hype.

Yes, for multiple reasons.

Shane vs Taker = WTF are they gonna do

More people booing Roman Reigns than attended WrestleMania 3 = WTF are they gonna do

I am also a mark for production, and am super excited to see the spectacle of that Stadium with Mania in it.

The aforementioned, for those reasons

AJ Styles Vs Y2J, and the Women's Title match(<----WOW)

This one appears to have much more potential from the outset than last year. Numerous matches that will either be interesting, or have every chance to be damn good.

To answer the title question not really. This Mania season has been so lackluster I haven't watched a full episode of RAW in weeks and it's the Road to WrestleMania for crying out loud.

I'm excited for a couple matches (Dean vs Brock & Diva 3way) but that's because I'm a fan of the participants.

HIAC will be a complete train wreck which will be fun to watch in a cringe worthy sort of way.

That's about it and for WrestleMania that's rather sad for the biggest show of the year.

I hate to say it, but not so much. Say what you will about things 'feeling like WrestleMania season', but the last few years have not been so lacking in storyline development. With blatant audibles such as Lesnar/Wyatt being changed to Lesnar/Ambrose, or the completely left field McMahon/Undertaker angle, the pacing of the build to WrestleMania seems, well, wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see these matches, but I feel like I should have been chomping at the bit to see these matches by now.

Roadblock didn't help, either. I enjoyed the special, but it didn't feel like part of the 'road to WrestleMania', it felt like a detour. Filler, you might say(Hi, Coco!). Complete circumvention of the build up to the biggest event of the year.

There is also the injury factor. Too many big names are off the card this year, but that doesn't excuse the creative team's lackadaisical approach to WrestleMania.

Brock Lesnar vs Dean Ambrose. I'm glad they made a street fight. There's no reason this match shouldn't be every bit as good as Lesnar/Punk was in 2013.

AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho. Every segment I've caught with these two has been so well executed. Jericho cared about the partnership very much, as shown by moments like getting kicked in the face for Styles. He was just too petty to maintain it. Jericho plays a face well, and a heel extraordinarily. This more recent run of his has endeared him back in my good graces as a fan.

Funny enough, now that I've properly articulated my concerns, I'm a little more excited for this year's event. It's still missing 'that feeling', but the card is still going to be pretty damn good, despite a questionable build up.

How can I be excited? We have only got one RAW of buid-up of Roman vs Triple H and they also turnt me off after that Undertaker appereance. Ambrose vs Lesnar also had an one RAW of build-up. Styles vs Jericho is something we've seen before. I'm still wating to see what they do with the IC and US titles. The Divas Championship match is the only match that has a decent build-up. Haha oh the irony. Also, there's no programm for Bray Wyatt.

I blame Roadblock for that. The past two RAWs have been focused around building Roadblock and not Wrestlemania. Where was Heyman? Why aren't we getting more Dean vs Brock or more Roman vs Triple H?

I still can't answer this question that the OP posted. Am I excited? Not so much, but we really haven't seen much build-up yet. Let's see what happens tonight on RAW.

I am, I think Wrestlemania will be an entertaining night. Just look at Triple Hs game right now, he's as good as he ever was and will make Roman look great in the main event. Ambrose vs Brock will be a great match, especially if Ambrose beats the odds and defeats The Beast. Shane vs Taker will most likely have a boatload of shenanigans involved plus AJ vs Y2J is pretty much guaranteed a great match as will the triple threat Divas match.

I am not excited at all. I'll watch because it's WrestleMania but the card is shaping up to be a snoozefest.

Reigns/H we know the result already and it's a match nobody really wants to see.

Undertaker/Shane has the intrigue of a new era for the company and I expect some major plot twist but the match itself and the wrestling will be abysmal.

Lesnar/Ambrose should steal the show and should. If it flops the entire event will be one of the worst in history.

New Day/League of Nations meh.... seems like a forced rivalry.

Ryback/Kalisto... how awful is this? Why in the world does WWE think Ryback deserves a singles match instead of just inclusion in the Andre the Giant battle royal?

AJ/Y2J... somewhat intriguing as they've had good matches already but getting a bit tired of this feud already and still have 3 weeks to go

Intercontinental match... Owens vs Zayn? Some kind of fatal 4-way with Ziggler and Miz or something else?

Divas championship... might be decent but nothing to get me excited

Hell yeah I'm excited. Not always for the right reasons, but I am excited. NorCal mentioned being excited in terms of "how the fudge are they going to pull this off" re: Reigns/HHH and Shane/Taker, and I admit that's how I feel too.

But on the positive side the mid-card is genuinely stacked. The Divas title has been built well, and holy shit, all 3 girls involved are actually over. It's a matter of time until they announce either Owens/Sami for this card and we all know that's the internet fanservice match they might actually do, or some other awesome IC belt match. New Day are probably wrestling and will certainly be hilarious as usual because dank fucking memes. Doesn't matter if the League are boring, boring makes for the perfect foils to New Day.

AJ/Y2J should be the blowoff and I think it will be great. Ambrose/Lesnar could go either way for me at this point given that there were other options for them, but I think character-wise it's a good matchup.

Yeah outside of a couple of bad decisions surrounding main event, the card doesn't look bad to me. Not amazing for Mania but it's not beyond hope.

Only ppv's Ive watched have been the past have been part of the Royal Rumbe's and Mania. The last two RR matches were awful and the last Mania would've been better just reading about it.
With that said, Im more than likely going to read a spoiler free reaction to it first, as the only two matches that interest me are Styles vs Jericho and Lesnar vs Ambrose(possible stealers).
Taker vs Shane COULD be interesting, though like everyone else, Im expecting some kind of swerve.
Triple H vs Reigns- either triple h retains, then loses to Rollins or Reigns wins to a bunch of boos. Doesnt matter to me.

In the way that I get excited for every Mania yes. But nothing really above and beyond that. The injuries hurt as quite a few big names will not be able to compete, but I am not looking forward to the title match because the fans are going to crap all over that match. I'm not a Reigns hater by any stretch but it's tough to get invested in his story and matches when the crowd is so against him.

Shane v Taker. We got the 1st face to face and other than Shane fumbling the one line it came across great. We got to see Shane step up and take it to Taker. Calling Taker Vince's b was awesome.

Taker v Shane. Feels like the most important match on the card.

This will be a tough one to pull off with all the injuries WWE currently has. They will need their big matches to be great because the undercard will be weak. The intrigue surrounding the Taker/Shane match will be enough to get us to Mania but it really has to deliver to keep this Mania from being talked about as one of the worst cards in its history.

I am excited because it is mania but last night broke me.

I returned to wrestling as a fan during the rise of Daniel Bryan and I fell in love with it again, hardcore.

This continuous bullshit burying of talent and the pathetic writing is killing me. You had such a great chance to put ziggler over last night but instead you have him lose clean??? you could not have reigns come down and get revenge by making him look foolish for losing to reigns? instead you rehash the same story line that got him a little over once where he kicks Triple H's ass???

I will say the new day segment was great. They sold great and they are now finally full fledge face's and i actually care about this match at mania now.

The shane taker match is exciting in that i think you will see the bullet club/balor club introduced in some capacity or maybe a wyatt face turn.

I think the build up to this years Wrestlemania has been awful. I know Reigns being hurt hasn't helped the main event build, but in my eyes it was a blessing as I forward through any segment that involves Reigns as it bores the hell out of me. We all know the result there's no MITB spanner to throw in this year, so for the biggest Wrestlemania attendance yet it's a pretty poor main event.

I know they wanted Cena vs Taker but again with Cena being. Sidelined they kind of ran out of ideas for taker and IMO they got desperate to give him something. So throw it in a HIAC so no1 comments on how poor the match is. One question.. Who's the heel? I just don't get the match at all....

I'm not a massive fan of part time guys in the main event, however I actually agree with Mr Heyman when he says what ever match Brock is in is the main event. With the amount of top stars injured I feel Brock needed to be in the main event somehow. There's only one winner no matter what the outcome of the match and that's Dean Ambrose he's got a massive platform here to put on a great show.

Divas title should just be Charlotte vs Banks I think the build to this has been poor to, not even interested.

Jericho vs AJ will be match of the night with AJ getting the win because Jericho is great at putting over.

Braun will win the Andre battle royal any wrestling fan will know that.

All in all not looking forward to it, even cancelled my Network, if it turns out good I will re connect but I can't see it please hope they prove me wrong like last year!!

I dont follow wrestling as much as I used to. In fact, Ive been so out of the loop for the first time since Wrestlemania 22...where I couldnt have told you one match that happened on that card.

So when I looked at the Mania card for this year...I see Shane McMahon vs The Undertaker. Are they serious with this? Its good to have Shane back...but to have Takers last match in front of 95,000+ against Shane is a bit underwelming. I dont care what storyline they put behind it. I take it John Cena is still on the shelf? Oh, and please dont bring bsck the roster split. They fixed the clustermuck...please dont kill the company again with the same matches over and over. Because we all know what will happen after that..,a 2nd world title. Dont take a step backwards, WWE. You suck enough right now as it is.

HHH vs Roman Reigns. I see a million things wrong with this one. A way-past-his-prime HHH, defends his title against a guy the WWE is force feeding down everyones throats (at least it was this way a year ago, if anything has changed please tell me), Roman Reigns in the main event. The biggest wrestling match of the year....in the world.

I heard about AJ Styles finally getting his break in the WWE and facing off against Jericho. Prob will be match of the night, easily.

2 team matches. Although its nice to have another tag match that isnt for the title (kinda brings you back to the old days) I dont know much about them and hopefully they get their WM moment. Had the Dudley nostalgia worn off yet or are they as popular as ever?

I get it. You cant have the legends of the past keep coming back to Mania year after year to save the show...and that the new guys will eventually have to fill the role. But is it just me or has he WWE done a piss poor job of building the talent in the last several years.

I will end on a good note, however. Something I am genuinely excited to see...and that is Sting being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Theres few guys you can say that are true legends of the sport. Sting is one of those guys and it will be a special night. It almost makes me want to get the WWE network again just to see that. ALMOST.

There are two intriguing matches (HHH/Reigns and Shane/Taker). That's enough to sell me a 'B' show, and maybe even SummerSlam, but not WrestleMania.

It looks like a solid card, and I'm sure it'll exceed expectations, but I feel like I've seen it all before. When I look at a card like this I feel they could've done better and been more daring. Though there's no reason to take chances when they already have your 9.99.

I'm not sure what I'm more looking forward to, the ribs I'm gonna do up or the show. :) All that aside I am looking forward to the event. I always get stoked around Mania season. Around this time of year I'm always binge watching my Wrestling DVDs, and PPVs on the network, from the golden era (80s) to present day, watch raw and SD every week, and come on these boards to talk about wrestling, with you guys.

Now I don't think they'll break the AT&T Stadium attendance record - I think the record is currently 108,000 from a Final Four - but I do believe, they'll break the WWE Event attendance record. It's currently 93,000 from WM3? I think it'll be 95,000 - 99,000

I'm actually looking forward to all of the matches except, the ATGMBR (Which may be on the pre-show, anyway) and the United States Champion ship match. I'm just not a fan of Ryback, or, maybe the build is just new. Frankly, I was hoping to see Kalisto against Sin Cara as it would make more interesting story telling, and if WWE still wanted to have the record number of masks as was rumoured for a lil while, that would have been their chance. Alas, I think they needed to give the Big Guy something to do. That's going to be my washroom/toke break match. All the others had great builds. Hell In A Cell should be interesting. However, it had an interesting build up until Monday. I was kinda hoping to hear what's making Taker side with Vince? Could we eventually see a twist? The Diva's triple threat had a great build, same with Dean and Lesnar. I've also been enjoying the program between the Usos and Dudleys, given the history the Dudleys had with Rikishi. Of course anything with New Day is gold, and I do like the LON, but I like them better as individual stars. We may get Y2J/AJ, and so far that's been pretty good and the Midcard/Intercontinental possibilities are interesting, especially now that Sami Zayn's back. Dolph isn't officially on the card yet? But what if he's not? Will he do a run in and perhaps join the authority? I heard he'll be sticking around and I smell a possible heel turn for him.

The H.O.F should be pretty rad to. Solid class this year, and those segments always rule.

Another thing I'm looking forward to of Mania is, the look of the stage. It always buzzes my curiosity. How the stadium is looking? Will the roof be open, if it's a nice day out? I kinda hope it is.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns and Undertaker vs. Shawn McMahon does not excite me.

However the Undercard does have potential to be very good.
Ambrose vs. Lesnar - it's actually one of the big 3 matches and I am very much looking forward to it.

Diva's Championship Match - Could be the best Women's match at WM history if given the time.

United States Championship - Could be interesting in a speed vs. size match up.

Usos vs. Dudleys - Dudley's first WM in 12 years and I am still crossing my fingers that this will become a tables match.

Then of course Jericho vs. Styles could happen here.

Only ppv's Ive watched have been the past have been part of the Royal Rumbe's and Mania. The last two RR matches were awful and the last Mania would've been better just reading about it.
With that said, Im more than likely going to read a spoiler free reaction to it first, as the only two matches that interest me are Styles vs Jericho and Lesnar vs Ambrose(possible stealers).
Taker vs Shane COULD be interesting, though like everyone else, Im expecting some kind of swerve.
Triple H vs Reigns- either triple h retains, then loses to Rollins or Reigns wins to a bunch of boos. Doesnt matter to me.

I think they wanted Reigns as their big star. But he's not getting the reactions they are hoping for. I'm hoping that leading up to Wrestlemania, they find out whether Rollins will be back sooner rather than later. If it's sooner, Triple H should retain, and lose to Rollins. If it's later, unfortunately Reigns is going to win and be the worst face in WWE history, barring a double turn in the main event. That's the only way that Reigns winning the title is a success is if there's a double turn.

No. Other than Ambrose / Lesnar it's not really worth my time. Everyone knows Reigns beats HHH and even if Shane beats UT everyone knows he really doesn't take control of the company. The rest of the card is just filler. WWE has so many people in creative but what they have been giving fans from RAW to PPV's is just crap so I expect the same for WM with the addition of The Rock since they pay him $3.5m a year to do nothing.

This year I have to say no. The only matches I'm looking forward to are Ambrose/Lesnar, New Day, Diva's title and possibly AJ/Jericho if that happens.

Usually I'm all gung ho and can't wait, but with all the injuries and the expectation of a very predicable World title match, it's taken all the normal excitement away. The one match I'm not looking forward to the Reigns/HHH. It's pretty certain that Reigns will win the title, and while I'm a Reigns fans, his booking has been horrible and I expect to see him roundly booed out of the stadium. Not something the WWE wants for their next big face. And it will tarnish his title run which should last until at least Rollins comes back and maybe longer.

Shane/Undertaker came right out of left field and with the stipulation makes it a little interesting but not so much. No doubt Vince will find a way to make sure Taker wins and nothing will change. If it does I'll be delighted and very surprised, but the Authority isn't going anywhere soon, so yea, it will remain the status quo.

You never know though the WWE could pull a rabbit out their hat, but I'm assuming with the way the build has gone, the hat has a hole in it or the rabbit died from boredom. Roadblock could have changed this up and made Mania a must watch, but they didn't have the balls to do it. Shame really.

I'm more excited for Takeover: Dallas to be honest, on paper the card looks a LOT better.

As much as I respect the Undertaker, I do think he's maybe a bit old now to be doing the spots the fans clamour for in Hell in a Cell matches, and even Shane's not a young man any more.

And the main event HHH versus Reigns? Meh, I just don't care, don't get me wrong I like Reigns, but the match is about as predictable as the National Lottery being a rollover again next Wednesday, ie incredibly.

As a wrestling fan I always will look forward to the big PPV's.

Looking at the card, the one match that stands out for me is Undertaker vs Shane McMahon, I don't see it being a WrestleMania classic, but the intrigue is the result of the match.

This WrestleMania for me is going to be remembered as one decimated by injuries and in some cases strange booking, the Lesnar v Ambrose match could have waited until SummerSlam.

I'll say this...

NXT TakeOver - while not even the best NXT special they've put together is more interesting and will likely be more entertaining than WrestleMania 32.

Am I excited for WrestleMania?

Not really. Give WWE some credit. Do you think this card was what they expected either if you asked them about 6 months ago? I'm sure Seth Rollins was their planned main eventer. Perhaps a former Shield Triple Threat Match for the WWE title. Just saying that I would ALREADY be more interested in that. But, that's not what is available to them.

Lesnar vs Wyatt was planned but obviously, due to Wyatt's back injury, had to be changed. I think Ambrose is a good replacement. Should be a good match.

Shane vs Undertaker is interesting because of the stipulation and some 'real talk' about how Vince is out of touch and a change of leadership would be good. But the problem with that, for me, is that it makes me more interested in the Raw after WrestleMania than the match at WrestleMania itself!

Kevin Owens match for the IC title is decent enough. Decent enough story but some fans probably don't know much about Sami Zayn if they don't watch NXT so WWE should have done a better job of giving fans a background video package on their history.

The other title matches are really disappointing. They almost have zero story behind them. Ryback should have to have won some sort of #1 Contendership match to be against Kalisto. That way, it would give Ryback more credibility at more story going into the match. Ryback should be saying to Kalisto, he'll be lucky if he makes it two minutes in the match. They should have a Ryback arm wrestling segment. SOMETHING to draw more interest in this match.

Tag Team titles match is very underwhelming. I don't know one interesting thing about The League of Nations. I honestly think Tag Team titles are more interesting when you can tell there are MULTIPLE tag teams actively vying for a shot at the titles and engaging in meaningful feuds with the other teams. That way, even if it's New Day vs League of Nations, the interest would be there because you would be thinking maybe the other tag teams will get involved in some way. Honestly, why not a Fatal-4-Way Tornado Tag Elimination match for the Tag Team Titles? New Day vs League of Nations vs Usos vs Dudleys? How hard is that? It's WRESTLEMANIA! No time to be bringing in weak sauce.

So the match I'm most looking forward to is the RESULT of the Taker vs Shane match. Even if Shane loses I'm sure there will be a explanation as to the direction of WWE on Raw the next night.

I'm not too interested in the result of the other matches. I hope Kalisto retains because I hate how Ryback went to be boring-black-trunks wannabe-Goldberg instead of sticking to a more unique look.

Best build so far has been Shane vs Taker, not surprising because it has been given the most time to build and has rather significant stakes.

I don't know if this is bad, but I'm more interested in seeing the highlights after the show is over and seeing the results on Raw the next night than the actual show. :p

Yes, I am.

I enjoy watching Hell in a Cell matches, so I'm excited to see Shane vs Taker. The added stipulation of it being for control of the company is interesting. Could Bullet Club/Bulletproof debut and help Shane win?

I love New Day, so I'm mainly just excited to see them in person for the first time.

The Diva's title triple threat I expect to be one of the highlights of the show. It's been one of the best booked feuds leading into Mania this year, it looks like any of them can pull off the win.

I'm not too sure of what's going on with the supposed Styles/Jericho and Owens/Zayn matches, maybe they'll put them together in a ladder match. Since Miz has kind of been involved with both Styles and Zayn since their debuts, he could be thrown in as well. If this happens, it has a good chance to steal the show.

At this point, I'm most excited for Ambrose vs Lesnar. The No Holds Barred match is one of my favorite stipulations in WWE. Ambrose with weapons in a match against a guy like Brock sounds amazing. Ambrose is going to take a huge amount of punishment, yet he's going to dish out his fair share. I see one or both of them being busted open. It would be awesome to see Ambrose win, but I doubt it will happen, I see him passing out similarly to Austin against Hart.

Did WWE really make an intercontinental match featuring sincara, stardust, zac ryder and the miz as 4 of 7 participants on top of Ryback getting a 1-on-1 for the US title? This is Wrestlemania??? Holy crap WWE is total garbage right now. I feel bad for anyone with a ticket to wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back