Are Styles and Owens about to be "Punked"?

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by RedRegan1005, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Dave

Dave Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

They absolutely are. 100 percent.

To me, it just really sucks to see Styles and Owens get this sort of treatment, especially when they have proved everyone wrong on their respective brands for the last few months. Sure, Owens wasn't supposed to be in the position that he is in now but he's worked so hard to keep himself at the top of the card and has been a very good heel champion since. WrestleMania is supposed to be the place where the good guy finally gets the better of the big bad heel, and both Styles and Owens deserve their WrestleMania moment, even if it is in a losing effort.

But the Royal Rumble isn't going to be their friend and, more than that, Vince McMahon isn't going to be their friend. AJ may have proved everyone wrong this last year but I get the feeling that Vince doesn't feel as though AJ deserves to be in the main event of his promotion. And if you think that Vince is done with the Reigns push then you are 100 percent mistaken. Reigns, one way or another, is going to be in the main event of WrestleMania for the third year on the bounce. And, again, if you think that's the end of his run, then you are even more mistaken.

It sucks. It truly does. But I don't see Owens or Styles managing to get to WrestleMania as Champion.

2. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

Everything's great, but Styles vs Shane.. c'mon.. What does Styles wins from this? What does Shane even win? Plus I don't think Orton vs Wyatt is big enough for the WWE Championship. Add Styles there, make it a triple threat. If he's gonna beat Cena he will have all the momentum in the world and they're gonna waste that on Shane O'Mac?

Sad part is, rumors around this time of the year turn out to be true.. Hope they are false.

3. XXJJ

XXJJ Championship Contender

I don't mind Styles dropping the title at EC. But please no match w/ Shane. Much rather have him in a triple threat title match w/ Orton and Wyatt. Personally, I would prefer a singles title match at WM between AJ and Orton.

Owens title reign has been boring imo. Jericho has been the only entertaining thing about Owens run. I don't think he deserves to be champ going into WM to be honest..

4. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

In a way, I suppose you were right as Styles was "Punked" last night and if reports are true, Kevin Owens is set to be "Punked" at Fastlane next month.

Cena going over Styles at the Royal Rumble didn't really bother me because we knew it was either coming at the Rumble or WrestleMania. It was all but written in stone that John Cena would be a 16 time World Champion so they just made the call to go for it last night. As of this morning, however, the WWE Championship picture looks to be in some trouble for WrestleMania if WWE genuinely does go for Cena vs. Orton as there's no more money left to be made from this match. Cena is set to defend the title in the Elimination Chamber, with AJ Styles officially announced earlier today as one of the participants, and Cena could drop it then. There've also been reports of Orton facing Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania for the title, which would mean either Orton or Wyatt wins the title in the Elimination Chamber. That's preferable to Cena vs. Orton, at least to me, only if Wyatt comes out of WrestleMania as WWE Champion.

If reports are true in regards to poor Kevin Owens, he's going to be offered up as a sacrificial lamb to Goldberg at Fastlane where he drops the Universal Championship to him. If this is indeed the plan, as Dave Meltzer claims, then I feel really bad for Owens and pissed off at Vince for his continual choices of using Attitude Era guys to dominate the talent that's actually carrying the company. Given that Goldberg went through Lesnar in 86 seconds, expect a match against Owens to barely last 30 seconds; last night seemed pretty obvious that Goldberg hasn't been training all that much and probably sucks in the ring even more than he did back in the day, at least if his clotheslines are any indicator. Vince giving Attitude Era guys such preferential booking, that and the restrictions he's placed on how creative modern guys can be, are why so many fans see the AE guys as being so superior.