Why AJ Styles has to win his feud against John Cena

Jesus you would think a guy the internet hails as a legend like AJ Styles isn't defined by wins and losses.

If anything AJ got the shaft that this match isn't happening on a bigger card. This could really draw for a Summerslam co-main event instead of a third string match at MITB.

AJ doesn't need to win. Dude's legacy is set, just like Sting.

I believe fully that if Styles is going to be around for a short period of time. You have to maximize your usage of him. Meaning having him put over people, and make money off of him as well. I think that if you are going to have someone like him on your roster, then you have to make usage of him a definite priority.

I feel that he could probably give you about 7 years tops. well, if that is the case, then you have to make a push with him. You have to highlight having him on your roster. You have to give him World Title runs and stuff of that nature. You have only 7 years tops to get he most from this investment.

SO JUST DO IT!

Have him beat Cena, and go from there.

This has nothing to do with age. Styles is 'new' to WWE in that he's only been here six months.

It has everything to do with age, he's been wrestling longer than Cena has and came in with an international fanbase behind him. Cena has always been a WWE guy, Styles on the other hand was the face of TNA and made the jump to the indies with no bother.

He also has back injuries which won't get any better with time. They probably have maximum 3 years, if that left in him, they should use him to the best of their ability and let the guy retire. He's done enough to entertain the fans over the years, time to give back.

Ha Ha!!!!! Do you people really think Vince will let a 39 year old Styles defeat the face of the WWE? Lol....I got some swamp land in Alaska for sale if you believe that.

Styles is there one reason and one reason only...too job! He's just going through the motions collecting a paycheck because he knows the WWE will NEVER give a TNA reject like him any gold.

Sorry truth hurts...it is what it is. Serves AJ right for turning his back on TNA after agreeing to a deal with Dixie then bowed out. I hate people who don't keep their word.

Styles has been in two major feuds with Y2J and Reigns and lost BOTH feuds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y2J beat him 2-1 and Reigns just put the clean sweep on him 3-0. smh. Styles is a glorified jobber and nothing more.

How does one 39 year old winning over another 39 year old have anything to do with putting over any New Era?

The new era isn't about age it's about a new and fresh roster of guys who has built their reputation in the Indy's.

AJ Styles going over Cena is the best course of action. Cena doesn't gain much by beating styles and he doesn't lose anything losing to him either. AJ Styles has lost 3 PPV matches in row and needs a win over Cena to establish himself on a level that is on par with the top guys and beating Cena could do just that.

This also benefits the WWE more than it does Cena. The WWE needs to establish more top guys in the main event / upper mid card spot and AJ's win will help with that cause. Also with the brand split happening you are going to need more top guys in each brand to carry each show.

Maybe I'm alone but I think that AJ will win. I'm not arsed with the 'New Era', the 'Who deserves to win' or the 'Not a product of the WWe' arguments - I just believe that this will be launch of the Club as the heel faction the Wyatts almost were.

How? Simple - Cena has shown weakness to outside interference before but has also shown the SuperCena card on occasion too. I can see MitB (or a rubber match) highlighting both scenarios. After a tough one on one bout with John looking like he is gaining the upper hand when Gallows and Anderson come out to interfere... but SuperCena overcomes these odds and still looks like he will win... then Finn Balor makes his presence known costing Cena the match.

This really puts the Club on the map and gives Balor a massive push alongside them which can reap great rewards in the coming months from things like faction feuds (Wyatts, New Day, Shield) to multiple championships. John Cena loses zero face as he has been taken down by insurmountable odds and he can still come out as a winner if he then goes into a feud with Balor that follows the Owens template.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back