Anyone else SICK of the WWE Title belt?

BTW, Dave: Great Hulkamania sig.

As far as I am aware, however, the spinner in the belt is actually stationary (I have yet to see it move ever since HHH had it).

But yeah, that belt is obviously the symbol of Cena. Cena even knows it, and probably is even proud of the fact that his belt still remains. But I agree for the fact that the belt should be redesigned for the new WWE. It shouldn't revert back to the "Undisputed" belt style, because obviously it's not the "undisputed" title anymore (but I wouldn't mind it going back that way if Jericho won it and used it in an undisputed storyline again).

That spinner belt really needs to go lol it is dreadful looking. Compare that to the attitude era WWF title which I always thought looked awesome with the little blue world on the front and seeing it on the rock, hhh, stone cold and kurt angle made it look extremely valuable and if i'm not mistaken wasn't it presented at the survivor series '98 when the rock won the tournament to become the new wwf champ.

I agree with WrestlingAuthority...I like how it stands out compared to all the other belts, for example, look at the world heavyweight title, it's basically a remake of the WCW belt, but with WWE on it instead, and how long as that design been around? The other WWE/WWF title belts look plain and dull compared to the current one. BTW, the smoking skull and rated-R belts were superstar-specific, there's nothing about the current belt that exclusively screams "John Cena" (i.e., if someone were to watch WWE for the first time tonight, they would never be able to relate that belt to John Cena while Orton has it)

The wwe title is prop so why does it matter what it looks like. I argee you can link it to cena if u are a wrestling fan but to a new fan they couldn't tell. Secondi think the only reason this belt is a problem because the cena haters out there don't wanna anything associated with cena to exist. Tisk tisk tisk people. I personally like the undisputed championship design the best it eeven looked different then the others. I think the wwe needs to change the world title because it stayed the same for years

The Spinner belt was made for John Cena we get it. Just like the smoking skull belt was for Stone Cold and, there's more examples but i'm sure you allready know that. The belt just doesn't look prestiges(Damn i can't spell). It looks like a toy! When HHH had it it, he looked rediculis! it's like Thor using a Platnum hammer it doesn't fit. That probably didn't make any sense! The belt does sell very well, but the WWE should change the belt. It should be a combination of the winged eagle tittle and the undisputed tittle, they could pull it off!

it was cool when it first came out but now i really dont care for it.....the best looking belt imo was the winged eagle belt first introduced by hulk hogan on the main event feb 5th 1988. same with the intercontinental belt.....the one held by savage....razor ramon.....steamboat.

Good call Feb 5 1988. Nice! The greatest belt in the world is the WWE tittle it's the tittle every wrestler dreams of. There is no tittle higher, the WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the world. Vince is the man!!! Why is the tittle still a toy? With bling. Remember this tittle is the best of the best! So it should look like it

I see alot of hate for the cena belt.... So I will just say i also dislike it...
But I think alot of things are going to change.... from what I have gathered Steph is taking over from vince....
I think the ic title will be united with the Ic title.... That much Punk in your face would demand he's belief in a would title spot!

I like cm punk :p

I ment ecw title

I honestly have nothing against John Cena. To clarify, I don't care for his wrestling technique or lack thereof. His promos, while delivered clearly and passionately, come across as hokey. But truthfully, he is good for the WWE. He works his ass off. He does as he is told. He is dependable, has a massive physique, it is reported that he is clean and he is concerned with being a role model to kids which gets Vince's rocks off.

My problem with the belt is that the overall design of it seems cheesy. The WWE title should appear prestigious, something that a champion would be proud to wear, whereas this title is a play thing. I remember RVD's promo when the belt still spun when everyone thought he was going to keep the ECW title and throw the WWE title down. He just grinned cockily and said, "I'll keep this one as well 'cuz it spins." Lord almighty.

So it has nothing to do with John Cena, I just think the thing looks gaudy and stupid.

well i liked the spinner belt when it spun but now it just looks crap. the spinner US title was way better anyway.

I can see bringing the spinner when Cena wins the title, like everyone else said, like Stone Cold's belt. But they do need to redesign it for the other guys because it looks awkward on HHH and Orton. HHH especially looks like he stole some midsection armor from Mega Man or some shit. It just looks robotic on him and nowhere near a "title" belt.

I like the belt, my panties arn't in a knot over it like the rest of you guys. It looks good on Orton, HHH, Edge and Jeff. I don't see the big deal over it. It was over the top when it was chunkier and spun but they fixed that, it looks expensive as a title should. I understand that yes, traditionaly it's not what previous belts portrayed but it's a new time, a new era and a new belt. Get over it.

Also this thread is done like once a fucking week. Over.....it.

Lol. Ok first, I don't hate the title. It looks alright. To who ever says that it should look prestigous; while that is true, its only true from a fan standpoint. From a business standpoint( the WWE is still a business right?) it should look like something little kids wanna buy. It succeeds in that regard. But to be honest, with all the pisspoor writing and shows they put on, changing the title should be way toward the bottom of the to do list.

The looks of the belt don't really effect the prestigiousness of them. As long as it doesn't look like the divas title (pink with butterflies), I say it's fine. Of course, I could just still be hypnotised, seeing as how I have one of the spinner belts, and I can play with that thing all day.........(runs of to play with the spinner-will return in a day or two.)

I agree that belt looks dumb they should do dome kinda new thing like the old undisputed style but more modern age

k well they arent going to change it...it was made by cena and who is the biggest draw in the wwe...cena...and people buy it because it was made by him...so its not going to change until one day all the kids tell their parents they dont want a cena belt

I am to an extent. It looks like it's a bowl with the WWE logo in the middle. The WHC looks like a world title belt. The WWE Title looks like something you'd get at a store in south central LA and make into a necklace. It made sense for Cena to wear it but now it doesn't. The title is supposed to look majestic and right now it only looks expensive. the belt should be simple yet elegant, not extravagant like that one is. I'm not sick of it, but I want it changed.

Everyone can see that the WWE, is trying to change all of the belts. Trying to lead it into the Entertainment part then the actual Wrestling. There is nothing really wrong with the belt they have now, At least it don't Spin. It still looks much better then the ECW championship belt. Change is a fact in places like Wrestling, the belt i guess is here to stay. There is nothing wrong with that.

The biggest reason why its here to stay I guess is, that people like this one better. and they sell more copies then what they would of the old one.

It's just a title. It makes no difference to me really. As long as it looks better than the God-aweful Divas Title, then it's fine in my books. It's not like the design of the belt matters all that much.

ummmm yeah i beg to differ....CENA ERA?????? Austin had the smoking skull belt exclusively to him except for the feud with the rock. cena needs to keep his ******ed belt in the closet. and btw i believe its the orton era. I ask u....by 2010...tell me whos bigger. and i dont care about merchandise or movie sales. who has more fans? (and a fan can be someone who loves them or loves to hate them)

This belt is starting to get old. It was cool at first, and it really worked for Cena, but for no one else. Really Batista look horrible with it. Hopefully a change is coming soon. This belt has been round for just over 4 years. The last couple have lasted around that amount of time. The big winged eagle belt was from 98 to 02, while the undisputed belt was around from 02 to 05. So hopefully soon we will see a new belt. Least I hope so.

It does look like a toy, but is it really that big of a problem in an era where former champions become crossdressing perverts to win a battle royal at WrestleMania. I think before they worry about a title belt design, they need to fix the storylines. The WWE Title isn't that big of a problem. Plus, kids think it looks cool, which increases merchandise sells.

I have to admit, the spinner title was pretty cool at first but now that Cena is no longer rapping and he is now being more "hustle, loyalty and respect" i think the title should change. i began thinking this last year after wrestlemania 24 when Triple H won the title. I thought he would bring back the undisputed championship for Ric Flair (because it was Flair who gave HHH the undisputed championship)

I loved when Edge had it, and would come out and spin the WWE logo on it.
Edge and Cena had such great feuds.

And the WWE had far worse looking titles, have you seen the ECW title? the Divas title? They are so far below every other belt in the WWE they didnt even get to be gold. Their both silver, what a slap in the face to be the ECW World Champ, and you don't even get to hold gold. Even both sets of the Tag Titles are gold.
Silver is second place, so seeing as there are 9 gold titles in the WWE, the ECW title is the 10th place, followed by the Divas in 12th.

I hate the spinner belt! At first it was interesting but now i think it is ugly. They just wanted something that matched the other belt's size. What they should do is bring back one of the original belts, this may even draw heat between McMahon and Trump (especially if it is Trump's idea) and maybe add more interest in Raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back