And people get pissed when I bash Triple H

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
So reading in the prison thread I am under the impression that Triple H says in the Ric Flair DVD that Sting never drew outside of feuding with Ric Flair? Are you fucking kidding me. This is the bullshit revisionist history crap that I fight and stand against, yet people want to take me for task for it. Someone come in here and defend this statement, I'm begging you. :Shocky on Bended Knee: please come in here and defend it.

And this is the problem with WWE winning the war, they re-write history as they see fit. Anyone that started watching after 2001 will take it as gospel.

I haven't watched it, why watch a Flair DVD. But I'm under the impression that he does indeed say it. Some sting fan said it on the forum, he was pissed, so I'm taking his word for it. Would it really surprise you that Triple H said that though?

Are you kidding me? Sting WAS WCW for awhile. Back in I believe 1992, the storyline basically was Sting vs. every heel in the company, and WCW was awesome back then.

LOL

Then that's just stupid, and shows how desperate Triple H is for everyone to think that Flair was better than Hogan.

Sting's feud with Flair didn't draw HALF as good as Sting's feud with Hogan. And that's a fact.

And this is the problem with WWE winning the war, they re-write history as they see fit. Anyone that started watching after 2001 will take it as gospel.

I agree with you for the most part, but then again who's to say WCW wouldn't be doing the same thing had they won the war?

I haven't watched it, why watch a Flair DVD. But I'm under the impression that he does indeed say it. Some sting fan said it on the forum, he was pissed, so I'm taking his word for it. Would it really surprise you that Triple H said that though?

Not a bit. Vince didn't create Sting, Sting never made him a dime, so he'll try to make him look weaker.

I agree with you for the most part, but then again who's to say WCW wouldn't be doing the same thing had they won the war?

Considering how many times when they were in business they'd talk about having a packed house and not a seat to be found and you could see rows and rows of empty chairs, it wouldn't suprise me at all.

It's true Justin, the old saying go, the side that wins the war gets to write history. That's why its up to the older posters to squash bullshit like that real quick.

We all know that Triple H and Shawn Michaels are the only reason Ric Flair has half the credibility today that he does. If he had never worked in the WWE after WCW folded, then Ric Flair would have gone down as a footnote in wrestling history.

Ric Flair would have gone down like he should have, on his stomach tapping out to a better wrestler as Sting gets his hand raised.

Which should've been Flair's legacy: Wrestling a guy that he more or less brought to the big time. It's how he made his career.

Ric Flair would have gone down like he should have, on his stomach tapping out to a better wrestler as Sting gets his hand raised.
The biggest problem I have is how all these young posters talk about the "greatness" that is Flair and how "terrible" Hogan was. That just frustrates me to no end, because most of those opinions are wrought out of WWE spin, and not fact.

Here is fact. Ric Flair came to Hulk Hogan's turf in 1991, and flopped. He was given the biggest push of any debuting wrestler in WWF history, and he flopped. He was sent packing a year later. Flair returned to WCW, his roots, and basically had NO effect on the bottom line of WCW. Then, Hulk Hogan came to WCW, Flair's turf, and in 6 months had WCW turning a profit. Then he turned heel, joined the nWo, and nearly put McMahon out of business.

Flair flopped on Hogan's turf, and Hogan reduced Flair to midcard status on Flairs.

And THAT is fact.

I don't say this often but Sly is right. I don't know if I'd say Flair completely flopped in WWF, but there's no comparing his coming over to Hogan's. It's not even close.

I wonder if that will ever be passed off as fact though in some near future..
I mean, there were so many people watching wrestling during the Monday Night Wars it would be reasonable to think that there is a vast majority that know 'Sting not being able to draw' is BS, and that these people would pass this information on to young wrestling fans who don't know any better. If this is the case, why would the WWE think that they could pull a fast one like this and get away with it..?
Trying to make believers in a niche market of young kids who haven't befriended an older wrestling fan maybe and don't have internet access..?
How stupid.

The biggest problem I have is how all these young posters talk about the "greatness" that is Flair and how "terrible" Hogan was. That just frustrates me to no end, because most of those opinions are wrought out of WWE spin, and not fact.

Here is fact. Ric Flair came to Hulk Hogan's turf in 1991, and flopped. He was given the biggest push of any debuting wrestler in WWF history, and he flopped. He was sent packing a year later. Flair returned to WCW, his roots, and basically had NO effect on the bottom line of WCW. Then, Hulk Hogan came to WCW, Flair's turf, and in 6 months had WCW turning a profit. Then he turned heel, joined the nWo, and nearly put McMahon out of business.

Flair flopped on Hogan's turf, and Hogan reduced Flair to midcard status on Flairs.

And THAT is fact.

So Pretty much that is the only thing you need to know. Don't let the guys that wrote the Death of WCW that, apparently making money hand over feet for the company is providing to it's death, while languishing in the midcard and doing nothing relevant is being a savior.

So Pretty much that is the only thing you need to know. Don't let the guys that wrote the Death of WCW that, apparently making money hand over feet for the company is providing to it's death, while languishing in the midcard and doing nothing relevant is being a savior.
Oh I know. I enjoyed the book, but it was AMAZING how blatant their bias for Flair and how bias their hate against Hogan was. It was past the point of any journalistic objectivity.

And yet, funny enough, I can't remember them talking about how Hogan turned around WCW. Funny how they glossed over that.

That's all right. The Death of WCW, and Controversy Creates Cash should be read together. Their both full of one-sided stories, but together, they give you a pretty good idea of WCW.

maybe flair didnt make the impact that hogan did. but look at the two from an athletic standpoint. hogan can bench more, squat more, all that. but, flair was the one having hour long matches with some of the best ever night after night. when flair wrestles, he doesnt mind doing the job and putting someone over. hogan comes in like once a year, takes a big payoff, and has to win his matches. when was the last time hogan did a job for anyone? hogan is an egomaniac,pure and simple. flair is the consummate professional who can always deliver.
:flair:

maybe flair didnt make the impact that hogan did. but look at the two from an athletic standpoint. hogan can bench more, squat more, all that. but, flair was the one having hour long matches with some of the best ever night after night. when flair wrestles, he doesnt mind doing the job and putting someone over. hogan comes in like once a year, takes a big payoff, and has to win his matches. when was the last time hogan did a job for anyone? hogan is an egomaniac,pure and simple. flair is the consummate professional who can always deliver.

LOL, oh wait, I forgot this :flair: for emphasis

LOL

You are EXACTLY the type of fan I was talking about.

1) What does having hour long matches have to do with anything?

2) Flair was notorious for supposedly holding back wrestlers in his NWA days.

3) Hogan has put over more workers than Flair could dream of.

4) Flair is one of the biggest ego-maniacs you'll find in the business. And those are his words, not mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back