[Official] "How DARE Triple H Lay His Dirty Hands On Edge" Thread

As far as Storyline value goes, i'd take Triple H vs The Undertaker.. But if you wanna talk pure entertainment value, wrestling value, and all of the intangibles that go with it, i'll take HBK/Taker anyday.

Well you have the two past Royal Rumbles as backstory, and it all could come to a head at this years rumble. Imagine, HBK vs. Taker, WM 25 in Texas, that place is going to be insane.

Well you have the two past Royal Rumbles as backstory, and it all could come to a head at this years rumble. Imagine, HBK vs. Taker, WM 25 in Texas, that place is going to be insane.

That's what i'm banking on.. Either HBK vs Undertaker or HBK vs Austin.. I'd rather see HBK vs Austin simply because it's our last chance to get one final match outta Austin and HBK's the perfect opponet since it's in texas.. but if thats not possible, then I would not be disappointed in seeing Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker.

Thanks for clarifying, because before I wasn't sure what you were getting at by saying that. When I do research, which I tend to do in binges, I do it from credible sorces, not from spoilers, opinion, or rumor mills.

I tend to not believe everything I read... ALL the rumor sites kept saying there was no way in hell Triple H would go to Smackdown.. Now that it happened, you see sites reporting it like they'd reported it all along.. It's crap like that that makes me not believe alot of what I read until I see it for myself.. Alot of Wrestling websites report the wrong information and then when it's proven, act like thats what they reported all along.

Storyline-wise, how is Triple/Taker better? They were both champions? Pfft. Lame.

Michaels and Taker have a much richer history. Not to mention we saw HHH/Taker seven years ago. He's changed gimmick since then, but Taker hasn't changed wrestling style dramatically. Triple H hasn't changed at all. Michaels/Taker at RR was just a teaser, and it was fucking awesome.

That's what i'm banking on.. Either HBK vs Undertaker or HBK vs Austin.. I'd rather see HBK vs Austin simply because it's our last chance to get one final match outta Austin and HBK's the perfect opponet since it's in texas.. but if thats not possible, then I would not be disappointed in seeing Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker.

Serious? Saw that match ten years ago. It's not gonna be better now. Undertaker/Michaels is.

Serious? Saw that match ten years ago. It's not gonna be better now. Undertaker/Michaels is.

10 years ago, HBK had a bad back and he admitted the match was horrible because of it..Austin's had a few years to heal.. If Austin's healthy, and HBK's able to perform like he has been, it could be better than the one ten years ago.. Undertaker/HBK is the one thats most likely to happen and i'm all for that.. I'm just saying that if theres a SLIGHT chance they could get Austin back for 1 more match against HBK, if I was Vince, i'd take it.

Storyline-wise, how is Triple/Taker better? They were both champions? Pfft. Lame.

Michaels and Taker have a much richer history. Not to mention we saw HHH/Taker seven years ago. He's changed gimmick since then, but Taker hasn't changed wrestling style dramatically. Triple H hasn't changed at all. Michaels/Taker at RR was just a teaser, and it was fucking awesome.

I could careless about Champions.. Triple H and Undertaker faced seven years ago, when The Undertaker was a "badass"...Imagine how much better that feud would've been had the Undertaker been in his "deadman" gimmick?Exactly. Theres nothing wrong with HBK/Taker as i'd buy WM 25 just to see that match.. But the Triple H/Undertaker storyline might be better.. You can always bank on the HBK/Taker history.. But how many "Deadman" Undertaker vs "Game" Triple H feuds have we had?

Not much better TBH. Same wrestling style save one or two moves. And FYI, we've only had one short-lived HBK/'Taker feud.

Not much better TBH. Same wrestling style save one or two moves. And FYI, we've only had one short-lived HBK/'Taker feud.

And one short lived HHH/Taker feud...So whats the difference exactly? I agree HBK/Taker would be a better match. But i'm not sure about the build up around it

HHH/Taker was more recent and would be least different, not to mention HBK/Taker is just generally the much better prospect and match.

If HHH is legit injured after NOC, (he was favouring his knee), then maybe he will forfeit that title and RAW will take it back. Just a guess, we would have heard if it was legit though I guess.

Triple H beats the number one face clean yet Edge struggles to cheat the distant number three face? Is that really what happened?

Triple H beats the number one face clean yet Edge struggles to cheat the distant number three face? Is that really what happened?

In 1990, The Ultimate Warrior (Number 2 face) cleanly defeated Hulk Hogan (the number 1 face) at WrestleMania VI.

The exact same thing.

Seeing as the wrestlers involved are incredibly similar, and how the wrestling climate is precisely the same as that 18 years ago, as well as NOC being as big as one of the biggest wrestling events ever, as well as the Ultimate Warrior being such a huge favourite of mine, I'd say that's a fair comparison.

It's very simple.. Edge is heel and Triple H is face.. When Triple H was heel he needed Evolution's help to beat everyone, no matter who they were on the pecking order.. Edge is a sneaky heel who can't win matches by himself.. And Batista isn't a scrub.. He's every bit as strong and powerful as John Cena.. It's just that WWE doesn't view him as popular as John Cena.. So calling Batista the #3 face really isn't relevant to whether Edge should beat him clean. It's just how WWE portrays him at the moment.

The good thing about the Trips win is that no one saw it coming. I give the title reign less than 2 months at most. The belt will go back to Raw.

Edge interference in the Triple H to cost him the title would have made much more sense, that's what I'm worried about. Both belts on SD? Ehh.

I am also suire La Familia will be broken up within 4-5 months and Edge will actually be able to win matches without La Familia. It seems whenever a heel wrestler gets a stable, he cannot win matches on his own. Trips was the same way with Evolution: He beat Randy Orton-thanks to Batista and Flair, He beat RVD-thanks to Flair, He Beat Goldberg-thanks to Flair, He beat Booker-t-thanks to Flair, He beat Nash on his own. That was probably the only guy he beat on his own when he was leader of Evolution. So its pretty much a forgone conclusion that stable leaders always suck. But I do agree, Edge should have interfered simply because of the fact that Trips messed with him. In kayfabe world, it makes sense. But I don;t think they want an Edge-Trips feud yet so thats why they didn't do it. Because when a wrestler attacks another wrestler, it automatically means feud.

Edge interference in the Triple H to cost him the title would have made much more sense, that's what I'm worried about. Both belts on SD? Ehh.

Both belts won't be on Smackdown long I can assure you.. It may even be settled tonight who knows.. But trust me, by the Great American Bash, Smackdown will NOT have two World Champions.. Vince just had both Edge and Triple H keep their Titles because he knew everyone thought that One of em had to lose the title so he didn't want to be predictable so he flipped the script and had em both retain.. Vince does it all the time.. Whenever he notices fans are starting to catch on, he completely changes everything.. It's why Randy Orton won at Wrestlemania.. Because Vince saw that everyone had come to the conclusion that it was Triple H's time to get the belt back.. So he had Orton pull out the win.. Vince doesn't always do it, but If he notices a certain outcome has become a forgone conclusion, he'll change it just to piss everyone off.

Triple H attacked Edge...

Triple H saved Batista... Theres a line there.. It was more to focus on Triple H's first night on Smackdown and Edge/Batista.. It's called a tease.. They'll tease a Triple H/Edge feud but wont actually go in to it.. If Edge had retained his Title then screwed Triple H outta his, Vince would've had no choice BUT to have Triple H feud with Edge.

It does...but Trips was not going specifically after Edge...he was saving Batista (were talking kayfabe here). Remember when Edge cost Taker the title at Survivor Series last year, that is what I mean by attack to start a feud. He was doing it to stick it to Taker not doing it to help someone...(I guess its different for heels than Faces, it confuses the fuck outta me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back