• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I the only one?

Jtrivera

Occasional Pre-Show
Lately we have been seeing the Evolution of Seth Rollins, a man who was extremely under rated and over shadowed by his Shield members from the start, I'll be the first to admit I had zero faith in Rollins being successful in WWE. But when he went solo and broke away from the shield I saw something that I haven't seen in a long time.

Seth Rollins reminds me of a modern day 2002 Jericho, Chris Jericho back in the day was heavily over shadowed by The Rock and Austin during the attitude era, didn't really have the size but always seemed to pick up the win, I personally think Rollins is taking the Jericho path, but I may be the only one who sees it, from his ring work (early Jericho like,) to his promos (slow talking cocky attitude like the 08 Jericho) I personally think that Rollins could walk the same path as Jericho, in your opinion do you agree with this or disagree?

I will not compare him to Jericho, since Chris was very over with fans in 2000-2001, but i think he is the most ready one to main event from all 3 ex Shield members.

Seth rollins has came a long way. From being in the shield to being where he is now.
But all 3 ex shield members have a long way to go to become main event talent.
Ambrose is more ready than rollins IMO

Apparently Triple H saw/sees the same potential in Rollins thus why he was chosen to align with the top dog. They could have easily worked Ambrose or Reigns into the top heel spot. To further it Rollins has been amazing in his role. He continues to evolve but now knows how to shine in the ring while not giving to much away. He reminds me, talent wise, of young Heartbreak Kid.

In all honesty, I thought Rollins had the most overall potential and I still do. Ambrose is probably better on the mic overall, whether or not he's doing his "lunatic fringe" bit but Rollins is no slouch. I think he'd be even better were Vince not insistent upon scripted promos, but that's neither here nor there.

Inside the ring, Rollins is the strongest of The Shield members, at least in my eyes. Rollins can do mat wrestling, he's a pretty decent brawler, he's highly athletic and can do the high flying moves. Vince seems to insist on heels not being as fast paced or use as many moves from the top. Rollins' fast paced style often stole the show during The Shield's matches, especially if he was paired up in the ring with someone like Punk or Daniel Bryan.

Of the former Shield members, I'd say Rollins might well be the most well rounded. I'm curious to see him turn face at some point down the line as I think there's a chance of really seeing him forge himself as someone who can do well as a face or heel.

The Seth Rollins curb stomp is officially now an iconic finisher in WWE history and it lead to some is the most extreme moments of 2014. Lots of people like to mimick Seth Rollins signature look, from the long black hair with yellow hairline to the Power Rangers suit, because it stands out. Every Seth Rollins match captivates the audience because he is one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. High flying stunts, iconic finisher, vicious kicks, fast counters and counter attacks, strategized attacks, you name it. It's all Awesome! I bolieve Seth Rollins is taking the Seth Rollins path and the future stars will be compared to him! He bought in to cementing his own legacy. Seth Rollins is the future and the Future is NOW!

Since the SHIELD went full babyface, the potential of Seth Rollins was clear. However, many were of the opinion that he might well fall off a bit when the Shield broke up, but that wasn't to be due to the brilliant execution of the SHIELD's break-up angle, and the rest they say...is history.

As JH mentioned above, Seth Rollins, as his babyface run as part of the Shield showed, with his awesome high-flying style, I can imagine that he might just become a hybrid of Y2J and Mr.WrestleMania himself, Shawn Michaels(trust me, Rollins can work a great match with almost anyone, I'm still looking forward to a Cesaro vs Rollins match down the line), as both a Babyface and as a Top Heel.

He definitely has a secure long term future in the Main Event scene of the WWE, of that, I am sure.

Lately we have been seeing the Evolution of Seth Rollins, a man who was extremely under rated and over shadowed by his Shield members from the start, I'll be the first to admit I had zero faith in Rollins being successful in WWE. But when he went solo and broke away from the shield I saw something that I haven't seen in a long time.

Seth Rollins reminds me of a modern day 2002 Jericho, Chris Jericho back in the day was heavily over shadowed by The Rock and Austin during the attitude era, didn't really have the size but always seemed to pick up the win, I personally think Rollins is taking the Jericho path, but I may be the only one who sees it, from his ring work (early Jericho like,) to his promos (slow talking cocky attitude like the 08 Jericho) I personally think that Rollins could walk the same path as Jericho, in your opinion do you agree with this or disagree?

I wouldn't say Rollins is a modern day 2002 Jericho. I'd say the closest to 2002 Jericho is Ziggler. Like Jericho, Ziggler is a older talent like Jericho was at the time and had a similar resume.

Rollins just have a MITB Briefcase win and tag titles to his name.

Out of the 3 of them, Seth was the only one to have a World title before joining WWE as ROH World Champion. He's the first of the 3 to win a title. The NXT Championship. He was the most talkative of the 3 and the most athletic in the ring. I know it's opinion and all, but a guy with his credentials in comparison to Reigns and Ambrose certainly wasn't going to fall into the background any time soon. No matter how much they backed Reigns and how popular Dean got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back