Am I the only one who notices this?

Disturbed

Championship Contender
Is it just me or has WWE been referring to TNA a lot lately. A few weeks it seemed like Kaval dissed TNA saying he is Total Nonstop Action. Then Big Show made fun of Hogan on Raw. Tonight on Smackdown during the CM Punk and Taker promo, punk called Takers fans the Creatures of the night? So what's up with this? Is WWE trying to make fun of TNA?

i just think that wwe are trying to let tna know that there keeping an eye on them

like if tna did something epic wwe will try and out do them. i think thats the message vince is trying to send

No. You are not the only one who noticed it. But I will tell you that you are probably the only one that cares.

TNA in no way compares to the "product" of the WWE. TNA knows this (deep down inside) so that is why they are always trying to do "puns" or "jokes" and constantly making idiotic refferences at the E. Dixie Carter for one always brags about how good they are and that she always has something special that is better than what the WWE pulls off. But in reality, Its never really that great as much as she hypes it. With that said, I am not saying TNA doesn't pull off quality programming. No. I am merely saying that WWE is superior to TNA in many ways. Thats fact.

Right now, I believe that WWE is just messing with them (taunting them if you will) because they know that TNA STILL has a long way to go before they can reach the E's level of greatness.

If I were you, unless you are a TNA mark, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it and just enjoy the comedy bits as they are (somewhat) entertaining and I dare say so funny.

I actually am a TNA mark. Well I guess you can say that but they got a long ways to go and will never reach WWE superstardom. But I just love there matches. Because they put on way better matches than WWE. But I don't care WWE is doing this because i find it quite entertaining.

Is it just me or has WWE been referring to TNA a lot lately. A few weeks it seemed like Kaval dissed TNA saying he is Total Nonstop Action. Then Big Show made fun of Hogan on Raw. Tonight on Smackdown during the CM Punk and Taker promo, punk called Takers fans the Creatures of the night? So what's up with this? Is WWE trying to make fun of TNA?

NXT is a smark show, Kaval wanted to drop a subtle hint to the internet fans. I doubt it had anything to do with WWE taking a shot.

Hogan is the legend of this business, the man who brought it mainstream. It was the 900th episode. I doubt most WWE regular fans know he is in TNA, or even of TNA. It wasn't a shot.

Taker has always called his fans Creatures of the Night. It was that stupid, lazy, druggie, Jeff "I'm somehow more bland than my brother so please shoot me now" Hardy that ripped off The Undertaker's nickname for his fanbase.

So, no, WWE isn't taking shots. They don't need to, and haven't. The only one that comes close is Kaval's comment, and I wouldn't take it to seriosuly. I wish everybody would stop looking for WWE to take potshots at TNA. They don't need to, and it isn't happening.

I remember a promo Undertaker did in 1997 referring to his fans as creatures of the night, so yeah. And no I think these are all just coincidences. WWE has nothing to worry about they have better things to do than petty shit like that intentionally

I wouldn't at all say that WWE is worried about TNA, they have no need to be. If these were planned by Vince my guess it would be a sense of acknowledgement maybe? Telling them that he's keeping his eye on them, and that if they plan something big he will plan something bigger.

i just think that wwe are trying to let tna know that there keeping an eye on them

like if tna did something epic wwe will try and out do them. i think thats the message vince is trying to send

of coarse WWE makes cheap shots at TNA and they are "sending a message"

TNA takes cheap shots at WWE and they are "making themselves look inferior"

Yes I noticed it and I think that when u have competition you are going to see the competition get put down, I think its just been long enough since there has been any competition in the wrestling world that people forgot this.

for the creatures of the night comment i know hardy uses it, just gotta remember he was with taker in the ministry back in the day i think he uses out of respect for him, everyone in the industry respects taker for what he has done, but i have to agree that wwe keeps an eye on tna and vice versa

d-will 316 and the sign is right. the undertaker has used the phase before to is fans, "creatures of the night" I have been watching wrestling for over twenty years (since I was nine) and the undertaker used it in the 90s. But he has not used it for a while now.

I know wwe isnt worried about tna but i have never heard Taker call his fans that.

I beg to differ my friend, around the time of the late 1990's Undertaker used the creatures of the nights for his fans.Here i will even give you some interviews where he used the saying
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxS7yXp9kis&feature=related

To the topic, yeah i do believe that WWE is taking little shots at TNA but not too many just to show, yeah we know ur out there but do we truly give a shit about you, no.

It might be stating that they are keeping an eye on TNA but look at the things you've stated in the thread; Undertaker started calling his fans The Creatures Of The Night in late 90's so that isn't definitely a TNA reference but they could of brought it up because Jeff's now using it in TNA, I don't know. And Hogan was in WWE and started it off, it was the 900th Raw so it's out of respect to have a Hogan reference. They probably are stating that they are keeping an eye on TNA but they might not be.

I haven't really noticed too many shots. I have noticed that the WWE has posted clips of guys like Foley and Hogan on their shows. But, not really too jabs at TNA.

Why would they jab at TNA? WWE knows that they don't have any big surprises that can make TNA finally get over that hump. What can TNA do?

So the whole... WWE is making fun of them conspiracy is neat, but I'm not looking into that too much.

I did notice that. Plus, the whole LayCool ripping the B.P's off is pretty stupid on WWE's part. Steal stuff but don't steal them and make it worse.

I don't think WWE worries about TNA. I think the things you mentioned were somewhat coincidental and/or unrelated to creative...

Taker used to call his fans creatures of the night in the late 90s... Specifically I can remember when he won The WWF/E Championship at Wrestlemania 13 from Sid. At that exact time his fans were called "Creatures Of The Night"...

Click the spoiler and watch the video I found... He says it at about 3:14-3:15...

The video is from 6/2/97...

EDIT: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before Jeff Hardy started using that line!

The Creatures of the Night were the names of Undertaker's fans in the nineties. He used it until he turned into the American Bad Ass. I think CM Punk made reference to it to "punk" Jeff Druggy. Jeff Druggy just stole it. He is not paying tribute to the Undertaker.

Kaval was unsuccessful on TNA as Senshi and probably used the TNA referrence as a shot to his previous company.

Big Show and Hogan worked off and on in WCW and WWE so in all likelyhood was a tribute to his old running mate.

WWE programming has been showing glimpses of former talent, even on their 900th episode when they showed Mankind (Mick Foley) and even Jeff Hardy.

Big Show and Hogan worked off and on in WCW and WWE so in all likelyhood was a tribute to his old running mate.

They're also good friends outside of the ring, this isn't the first time Show has done impressions of Hogan either. I think Big Show even said in an interview once that Hogan wanted him to go to WWF even when he was in WCW, because he knew WWF would handle him better.

Seems Hogan was a little wrong there... :suspic:

Kaval used to wrestle for TNA, more than likely a little jab they threw in or something he did for the 'net fanbase, WWE aren't threatened but they're of course keeping an eye on TNA, Show used to do impressions of Hogan, and it was the 900th Edition of Raw, a celebration of 900 Raw's. And with what CM said, on Tombstone: The History Of The Undertaker is where I saw a promo of 'Taker's where he referred to his fans as the Creatures Of The Night. I think that was more of a thing where WWE put that in to say 'We used it first, screw you'.

Am I the only one that realises that you, TaylorNix; always start threads about how the WWE allegedly copy and refer to TNA?

Just for the record, if you didn't already know where the name "TNA" actually came from, then I'll let you know; just for future endavours like this.

Kid Kash, would you believe? Was called "Mr. TNA" - Yes, that's right. When Kid Kash first joined the wrestling circa he was nicknamed "Mr. Total Nonstop Attitude" by many, many different people.

So Jeff Jarrett is the founder of a company and he changes one letter in the name? and for the record, he changes the letter to something TNA KNOW NOTHING ABOUT? ACTION? really? god.

Your business isn't all that great now is it? No.

Am I the only one that realises that you, TaylorNix; always start threads about how the WWE allegedly copy and refer to TNA?

Just for the record, if you didn't already know where the name "TNA" actually came from, then I'll let you know; just for future endavours like this.

Kid Kash, would you believe? Was called "Mr. TNA" - Yes, that's right. When Kid Kash first joined the wrestling circa he was nicknamed "Mr. Total Nonstop Attitude" by many, many different people.

So Jeff Jarrett is the founder of a company and he changes one letter in the name? and for the record, he changes the letter to something TNA KNOW NOTHING ABOUT? ACTION? really? god.

Your business isn't all that great now is it? No.

Am I the only one who realizes you can't spell. Realises? Realy? How is TNA my company? Am I dixie Carter? I think not. And I never said WWE was worried about TNA. I said I thought it was funny WWE is throwing jabs and if anyone else noticed it or not.
And when did I ever say WWE copies TNA? I never did so your post was a bunch of B freakin S. Yes I did know that Kid Kash was called mr. TNA.

I didn't know Taker used to call his fans creatures of the night so thanks for the info guys.

The day that wrestling companies stop taking tiny shots at one another is the day I stop becoming a fan. All compnaies have always done that. From the tiny ones you barely notice like Kaval's TNA reference on his NXT rap and Taz's little comments about "his former employer" to the more pronounced ones of the Monday Night Wars and ROH's (more like Cornette's) constant criticism on on every company but ROH. I don't know why some seem to take offense to it. The way I see it is we have 3 great wrestling companies on TV right now so just enjoy it. Although the comments are pretty ammusing now and then.

Yes I've noticed and I couldn't care less.

I don't know what do they mean by that but that's not the kinda trash talking which leads to entertaining segments and angles.

I've noticed it. Just didn't bother telling anybody about it. Or making a thread about it.

WWE should not stoop down to TNA's level, that's all I will say.

Am I the only one who realizes you can't spell. Realises?

You can't honestly be that shallow? I spelled that word perfectly, there are two ways you can spell that; either with an s or a z. You could even do it the English or American way, I chose the English way; obviously.

Either way, I'll add to my previous argument; nobody else but you is actually bothered.

WWE won't go as low as to copy, imitate or even mention TNA in the slightest, and they never will. Stop moaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back