Alberto Del Rio Wins The Royal Rumble

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
I can't believe this. Del Rio was a real shock for me, because I was sure Orton would take this. The Santino thing kind of scared me for a little bit, but I'm glad that type of shock didn't happen.

I think Del Rio will go on to face Edge at Mania, and there is a good chance he could win the WHC. The guy has been riding a Sheamus type push, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him win a World Championship on the big stage.

Thoguhts on Del Rio winning the Rumble?

Ok since Del Rio won the rumble where do you think he will go from here and how do you feel about this. I personally think that he won to soon but i think that he will face edge for the heavyweight championship if edge wins at no way out.

Who cares? This is bullshit. Does anyone need tickets to WrestleMania? I officially give up on WWE for what WAS a good Royal Rumble, turned to shit by that pathetic excuse for a wrestler winning it. Good one WWE, you once again failed at bringing the Entertainment part of your company.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I KNEW IT!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Before my signature was about my family and son, I had ADR to win the RR, AND IT WAS TRUE!!!!!!! LMFAO I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ALL KINDS OF WIN

I really wanted him to win, but honestly didn't expect it. I was so scared it would be Orton or Cena. I love the Miz right now.

Alberto Del Rio is headlining WrestleMania! Sheamus WISHES he had a push this beast!

HAHAHAHAHAHA I KNEW IT!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Before my signature was about my family and son, I had ADR to win the RR, AND IT WAS TRUE!!!!!!! LMFAO I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ALL KINDS OF WIN

Congratulations, you're the next Rattlesnake4eva.
Would you care for a prize? Didn't think so..

Anyways I was rooting for either Morrison OR Del Rio to win. I couldn't be more happier, and now's the time to A: either start up a big Del Rio vs Edge feud or B: Have someone take the championship off of Edge at the Elimination Chamber.

I think WWE has officially gone ******ed. WHO ON EARTH will pay for some piece of shit main event "anyone vs alberto del ******o". I have Mania tickets that just went up on Ebay. WWE fails large.

But will he?

I always thought you had to enter the ring before the next guy was announced or you where disqualified. So they can use this as an excuse to take him out of the main event if they choose. I agree if he is in the main event at mania I will not be spending any money on it...

It was okay... Not gonna say I'm really happy about it. I feel John Morrison should have had his shot this year, and Del Rio next year.

I hope Del Rio can pull this off.

Who cares? This is bullshit. Does anyone need tickets to WrestleMania? I officially give up on WWE for what WAS a good Royal Rumble, turned to shit by that pathetic excuse for a wrestler winning it. Good one WWE, you once again failed at bringing the Entertainment part of your company.

Pathetic???? He is easily in the top 5, maybe top 3 in the company of overall talent. No disrespect, but you have no idea how smart this. Del Rio shows all the signs of a superstar! I can't wait till he beats "Mr. Overrated" Edge. I am a Del Rio Mark if you can't tell, btw I'm sure you wanted Orton to win, another guy who has no idea what's good for business

I didn't want Orton to win at all actually. I was hoping JoMo would go somewhat all the way, but that didn't happen. Hell Booker T could've won it and i'd be like a little kid on Christmas, but since Alberto Del ******o won it, it's gunna make for a shitty ass WrestleMania.

What was the point in Booker T and Diesel being in it? ...

I'm not really seeing why?

Del Rio is decent. He's fueded with Matt Somebody, Christian, Rey, was in the fatal four way TLC match he was easily in most people's top 5 to win before the match started. I didn't want him to win but that's cool.

I think WWE has officially gone ******ed. WHO ON EARTH will pay for some piece of shit main event "anyone vs alberto del ******o". I have Mania tickets that just went up on Ebay. WWE fails large.

People who are entertained by him. I'm actually more willing to watch him than anything Cena or Orton can do nowadays. If I want to see Cena headline WM I can just go watch a replay of last year or the year before (Or the year before that... Or the year before that...).

Although Cena in the ME at Mania is highly over-done, i'd take Cena anyday over Alberto Del ******o. Honestly, where did this loser come from? And why do people find him entertaining? I'm sick of him, his spanish announcer and the push he gets for some reason. I thought WWE was supposed to be entertaining?

Uh, Feel a little stupid now bringing up that old thread.

Anyways, I expected him to have a strong showing in the match, but I never thouht for two seconds that he'd actually win. This is ALOT like Sheamus' push to the WWE title. But, ADR's got the goods for it, so I'm not complaining. It was certainly a shock to me.

Santino being the last man in there with him kind of killed the crediblity of it though, and when I realized Santino was hiding, I thought he might win. I know it's stupid, but he is probably the most over face in the company behind Orton and Cena. It scared me, but I thought- "Fuck it, let him win."

Im an ADR mark.. but this is a huge decision. This is the only man who could build a feud with skills and his promos

and most importantly, the first royal rumble winner since rey mysterio that has never won the WWE of the word heavyweight championship. THIS IS WHAT THE IWC WANTED. A new name in the main event scene....

I'd rather see Del Rio vs. 99% of the WWE roster in a main event, but I know he won't actually be in the main event of the show. Just like Undertaker a few years back, he'll either be lower on the card or the semi-main event. Which kind of devalues winning the Rumble when you're not in the actual main event. But WWE isn't very logical anyways.

I find it hilarious that two people not contracted to WWE got the biggest pops of the night though.

And the Alberto del Rio hatred begins.

How do you guys not see this is the best thing WWE could have done with this Royal Rumble.

Think of all the other main event guys that could have won it.

Edge.
Randy Orton.
The Miz.
John Cena.
CM Punk.
Wade Barrett.
Sheamus.

That's about it. (I include the champions because technically they could have lost their titles and then entered the Royal Rumble.)

However, if you notice, all of those names have something big for WrestleMania going for them.

Sheamus could easily face Triple H.

Barrett is still finding his groove with The Corre and a feud with Diesel is even possible just for the spectacle of it.

CM Punk, The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton. All are tied together in a very cool way. It's going to make a couple of very good matches for Mania. Maybe even a four-way of some sort.

Edge is the only other choice. However, he's the champion. All of these guys have something going for them. del Rio was the only one that NEEDED this win to stay relevant and keep his incredible momentum going.

He's over like crazy with the fans. He's very solid in the ring. Gold on the mic.

And, clearly, he'll give Edge an opponent that people actually care about for the big event. Because, let's face it, aside from MAYBE ZIggler; does anyone on Smackdown! make a great choice?

del Rio was the perfect choice and WWE handled this spot on.

It's time for new talent to take over.

That Was AWESOME I really Like Del Rio so I'm Very Happy that he won this match. Del Rio has lots of Talent, Good in the ring and on the mic and after only 1 Year in WWE he will be MAIN EVENTING Wrestlemania, That is Just Unbelievable I think that Del Rio face Edge. That was just an Awesome moment and I'm so glad that he Won.

Congratulations, you're the next Rattlesnake4eva.
Would you care for a prize? Didn't think so..

Anyways I was rooting for either Morrison OR Del Rio to win. I couldn't be more happier, and now's the time to A: either start up a big Del Rio vs Edge feud or B: Have someone take the championship off of Edge at the Elimination Chamber.

I'm scared, should I want to be the next Rattlesnake4?????
anyways, I was just showing my happiness, ADR deserves it, he is extremely talented and he will be a WHC by the end of this year. MARK MY WORDS!!!!!!

Although Cena in the ME at Mania is highly over-done, i'd take Cena anyday over Alberto Del ******o. Honestly, where did this loser come from? And why do people find him entertaining? I'm sick of him, his spanish announcer and the push he gets for some reason. I thought WWE was supposed to be entertaining?

Came from Mexico! He's a second generation Mexican wrestler, has a legendary father, was huge in Mexico, former MMA fighter, current WWE wrestler, probably the fastest rising star since Kurt Angle, oh, and the 2011 Royal Rumble winner. ;)

After how well he did in the royal rumble and how good he was doing with his push i wanted Jomo to win, did you hear the guys pop when he entered the ring? arguably the biggest of the night, but whatever, wwe is too huge on del rio he is getting so much so soon like sheamus did, which angers me, theyve proved nothing yet got so much so quickly while hard working guys get left with scraps, i dont mind del rio but main eventing the first mania hes been here for doesnt seem right to me, he wont do too bad but htey could have picked someone better, but i guess they could have picked someone worse

Congratulations, you have now received the coveted CM SUCKS AWARD!!!That's right, you are one of the few and proud to come up with some of the shittiest trash-names in the history of the wrestling business! HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL?

Seriously, this awesome, I personally would've wanted Morrison to win it, but I'd be lying if I said that Alberto isn't catching my interest. My only problem is that the only contender to make sense booking wise so far is Rey Mysterio, or maybe ...

:suspic::suspic::suspic:

A RETURNING CHRISTIAN?

... What? A guy can dream, can't he?

... Then again it would make sense for Edge to go after the guy who put his best friend on the injury list...

sweet mother, mary and joseph, here I am thinking I'm a huge Del Rio mark and this guy damn near had a cornarary when he won. Obnoxiously (maybe a word, maybe not) a huge ADR mark lol

When he won i started jumping up and down punching my fist in the air, i nearly cried, i still haven't stop smiling i just threw my shirt somewhere and just jumped around. this coming from a 17 year old.
Not really sure why i took my shirt of buuut

ALBERTO DEL RIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOUR NEXT WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would actually pay to see alberto del rio over orton and cena.. He entertains me so much more than cenas 4 moveset or orton getting on his knees and pounding the ground.

If only mania was near-by.

I wanted barrett to win most, but i think im very satisfied with Del Rio taking the win. =] Mania will be good with Miz, and Del Rio, and probably Edge guaranteed in main events. ( i dont see Miz losing at EC)

Royal Rumble was very good this year. So happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back