Alberto Del Rio over more as a Face or Heel?

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
Alberto del rio when he was face got many attentions. i actually kinda liked alberto when he was face, however as a heel alberto comes over boring to me, but others say the exact opposite of what i just said. so what do you think del rio face or del rio heel. both ways del rio's been really good at getting wwe backstages guys love him. i don't really understand why wwe loves this guy so much. but i think the heel del rio lacks so much and should be alot more over then he is. since he's been whc and wwe champion so many times. so whats your opinions is del rio over? and which is he more over

When he first arrived in the WWE, I had this deep feeling that "yeah, he may be okay as an aristocratic heel, but I'm sure once he turns face the crowd will fall in love with him."

Of course, I was wrong, but that doesn't take away that Alberto Del Rio as a face is much more interesting than he is as a heel. He kind of reminds me of a heel Ric Flair to be honest. He comes off as just a guy you want to like, even as a villain. And that's what Del Rio is to me; a guy that should play the face, not the villain. Because it's much easier for me to cheer him on than it is for me to boo him.

I don't think Del Rio is very over. People cheered more for Ricardo than Del Rio. He doesn't get big reactions on his own.
There are people that like his ring work but the majority seem to dislike his mic work. It doesn't matter if he is face or heel because he gets about the same reaction either way.
If the dirt sheets are accurate (and we don't know that they are) then he basically complains and threatens to quit when he feels like he isn't getting a push. He's good to have around for the Latino demographic as he comes from a prominent wrestling family in Mexico. That's really his only upside.

Del Rio is far better as a heel, but he's not truly "over" as either face or heel, because of Ricardo. He can't get as much heel heat as he should because the fans cheer Ricardo, and as a face he played second fiddle to Ricardo. Now that he's on his own, I see a much brighter future for him, but I don't think he can truly become a top star until Ricardo is released and Del Rio is permanently a solo act.

He's not really over in either role, he's a good wrestler mechanically but there's just something boring about his personality and he's never really connected with the crowd, of course his face turn involving so much cheesy sucking up didn't help.

I thought the new more aggressive heel persona he took on when he turned back was going to boost him, but after a few good weeks he's become a distinctly second string attraction, not involved in the main angle or in the Punk/Heyman angle, so he's just floating around the mid card.

Personally I've always liked him ever since he came in and never felt like booing him even when he is heel. I liked his face turn because I think he is a very likable guy. The problem is that he was pushed into world title reigns too early before he could get over. What he really needed(and still needs) is some kind of long, personal, non-title feud where someone disrespects his heritage and achievements and he sets out to defend them(if he's face) or a feud where Del Rio hurts someone's family member, like Brock Lesnar's feud with Undertaker back in 2002 involving Taker's wife or JBL's feud with Eddie involving Eddie's mom, something that will really draw major heat. Since he's an excellent in-ring worker he should be able to have a good series of matches with virtually anyone and when he comes out on top he'll hopefully be more over. He needs to come out of the Mexican hero/aristocrat gimmick though, it's too generic in my opinion.

I think Del Rio should form a friendship with Randy Orton. Together they can bring out the aggressive, vile nature that both possess. Randy Orton is known as the WWE's APEX Predator: THe Viper. Have ADR say that he is also a Predator and that he wants JBL, Cole, Lawler, etc. to refer to him as the Black Mamba and that the WWE's APEX PREDATORS are on the hunt.

I personally liked Del Rio as a face he was pretty funny I guess and he was somebody I got behind and honestly that was the first time I liked him in his career. Up until that point he was just kind of the guy that was there for me. I think he should still be a face now because a few weeks ago he was talking about being a role model for the latino people I think that was cool and as a face people would accept them as their role model. I think his character would work better as a face and I would say he was more over as one as well.

I think there's was a point at the start of last year when he was really hot as a heel that he could of sustained it into a successful face run. However the WWE's even steven booking and general scripting of promo's just made him lose a certain swagger he had as a heel and when the face turn came he didn't have the fire or likability to carry it off. For much of his face run Ricardo Rodriguez I felt was the fire and the heart of the act and played his role really well. ADR just seemed stagnant and not a likeable as a good guy, overall I feel he has more depth as a heel, there's something about him as a performer that he's lost.

Del rio is a better heel. His gimmick and the way he goes in the ring screams bad guy. He isn't the best talker but when he's on his stuff, the guy comes off very arrogant. Keep him as a heel and just stick with it. The face turn was awful. I know wwe wants to have someone represent the Hispanic demographic, but del rio isn't the guy for it

He was over during his first year, but he has been really bland ever since. No one cared for him when he was WWE Champion and no one cared for him when he was World Champion either. Ricardo has always been more over. After his face turn, I thought the best thing for both of them would have been to give them a tag team title run. Sadly, they decided to turn Del Rio heel instead. What a waste of an opportunity.

I think if they really want Del Rio to get over as a heel, they should give him a Mexican mafioso gimmick. There has to be a way he made all his money, right? WWE can ride on Breaking Bad's popularity by giving Del Rio a Drug Empire. I don't know how PG that idea would be though...

Del Rio was awful as a face. He just didn't connect with the crowd and came across dull. Now that he has changed, I think he has improved but there is still something wrong with Del Rio. I just can't seem to like him as World Champ, which is a shame because he is very good in the ring.

He is definitely better suited to being a heel. The rich, arrogant, American hating Mexican is actually quite a good gimmick, just the person doesn't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back