Alberto Del Rio Released

Seems like it could be an angle considering they didn't announce it the way they normally do with just saying they wish him well in his future endeavors.

Something to keep an eye on though.

As Slash said I could see it being an angle which would be nice, maybe Del Rio will have a story again! :D or maybe he got into an altercation with another employee and legitimately got fired? His contract was going up soon is what I had heard, and if it was and he wasn't resigning maybe he figured why not do what I want?

Of course it's most likely an angle, it'd be kinda nice for him to feud with someone but I don't get why they'd hide it so much. They'll have to mention it on Raw/Smackdown...if they do, it's story. If he's not mentioned, I think it's legit

This could be long overdue. I'm sorry to hear about a guy losing his job. But Alberto Del Rio seem to be in business for himself for years now. And his attitude very bad and ADR made it very easy for the WWE to release him. So now what is ADR going to do, go back to wrestling in Mexico? I'm not saying that I'm glad that he's gone but he was a cancer backstage playing the politic game. For what it's worth, thank you for your work and entertainment Alberto. You'll be missed, but your attitude and your selfish ways won't be.

Must've been pretty bad, I've always thought they valued him highly even though it sounded like he wanted to leave once his deal was up and that they would've made a big effort to get him to resign. There's always the possibility that they knew he was going to leave no matter what and this could be a good excuse to just get the inevitable out of the way early.

In any case he had a amazing run and was a great in-ring talent but he had nothing going for him ever since he left the WHC to Cena, and at best he was going to be a lumberjack at SS. Here's hoping he finds more success back in Mexico, in the meantime they'll have to find a new guy for JBL to call "Mexico's greatest export."

Well, if it was part of a storyline, would they present it as official on the wwe.com? I guess they would just announce it on RAW/SmackDown, or just fire him during the show. I think he really lost his job.

This is legit, You have to think Alberto already had strikes against him for injuring multiple stars in the past Mysterio, Ziggler, so any unprofessional conduct would see a dismissal and with the WWE trimming fat, its like a small company downsizing if they can find a way to release you they will, Del Rio was starting to become mid card at best, and even though he had a solid match with Ambrose he isn't in a strong hold position so I think its ok he is gone, there is always mexico or retirement he's made enough money I'm sure

Never a draw in the company despite of his popularity in mexico. Overpushed by creative for years and never got over as face or heel. Knew he was gonna flop and exposed (character wise) when he got pushed to the moon. Alot of ppl in the wrestling community had high hope of this guy when he became champion. Anyway hes a multitime champion, mitb and rumble winner. Accomplished everything.

as far as ppl believing its a work possibly. Havent you guys learn from the cm punk mess already? The closest thing to being a work was that. Of course it turned out its legit and it was never a type of "work" that wwe would do out of nowhere.

Nothing can happen anymore without people jumping on the "work" bandwagon. It hasn't picked up steam on here YET, but I've seen it elsewhere already.

If you're one of the people who thought Punk leaving was a work and argued about it on here for weeks, and never admitted you were wrong, you can just leave this one alone for now. It can't be that hard to accept the fact that someone who nobody really cares about just pissed off the wrong person, by behaving the wrong way, and was shown the door.

His contract was expiring soon anyway, and if the WWE was going to do a fake announcement about someone being let go, they're not going to waste it on Del Rio.

picard-facepalm2.jpg

People actually believe this is a fucking work? Just how dumb are you? The company just lost loads of money and have been making major budget cuts. Why in the blue fucking hell would releasing an expensive talent that's been doing nothing and said he wouldn't renew his contract be a work?

The guy is an arrogant prick who's gone out of his way to insult and hurt other talent on live television. Why the shock that he's gone? He said months ago that he wouldn't renew.

He can easily head to AAA, CMLL or WWL and make just as much money as he was in WWE and be more relevant too.

I never said that for sure it's a work.
I said it's possible given that usually when they release someone they don't post the reason.
Like what 99% of the time they just say the person has been released they just say the person has been released and they wish them well in their future endeavors.

Is there a huge chance this is legit? Definitely.
Is there a minor chance it could be a work? Yes.

It's just more specific reasoning than we're used to.

According to wrestlinginc.com, the RUMOR going about is that Del Rio had an altercation with someone who works for WWE in it's social media department. Allegedly, and I'm putting great emphasis on allegedly, Del Rio put his hands on him and actually slapped him. There's nothing on what this altercation was about and, again, this is just the rumor that's going about right now.

IF, IF, IF this turns out to be legit and Del Rio actually assaulted another employee of the company, someone working for WWE in social media, and if there weren't genuinely extenuating circumstances, like this guy using a racial slur or something towards Del Rio, then I think WWE made the right decision in letting him go. It sucks, as I enjoyed watching Del Rio in the ring, but there's very little that can justify Del Rio's actions.

Bad news, have been a fan of his since day one feuding with the likes of Christian and Rey Mysterio, great technical wrestler. WWE hasn't really been doing anything with him lately though so I don't see this as a major surprise but it just has me wondering what's next for Del Rio he is still a major star in my opinion and any company would be lucky to have him.

Honestly Albertas stopped caring a while ago. I liked the guy but he had nothing going for him lately. He was just collecting checks to support his family. Sucks that the Hispanic heritage has died in wwe.

IF, IF, IF this turns out to be legit and Del Rio actually assaulted another employee of the company, someone working for WWE in social media, and if there weren't genuinely extenuating circumstances, like this guy using a racial slur or something towards Del Rio, then I think WWE made the right decision in letting him go.

Assaulting someone because they used a racial slur is still assault and he should still be fired. The only difference in the outcome here if that was the case is that the other employee should be fired as well.

One of the wrestlers assaulting one of the office workers just isn't going to fly, I don't care if the guy used a racial slur while telling Del Rio he banged his wife. In this day and age, and in that corporate environment, that's a zero-tolerance situation.

When I first saw this my instinct was "he hit someone" and not "one of the boys". Anything in the locker room legit has a different code...Wrestler's Court comes into play and it's dealt with internally unless of course the SECC stuff has them SO paranoid now that even traditionally internal issues are going the HR route in the name of "transparency".

Jack-Hammer's "rumor" makes sense, as does the theory that it's "an excuse to fire/cut" him. However... there could be something else at play. My first instinct was if he'd lashed out either verbally or physically at Trips or Vince... especially Trips.

Bear in mind he was Trips' first "signing" so whatever has occured is an extreme situation. Trips would not want to see this happen as it reflects on him. But if ADR cussed him out or "got into it" physically with him or Vince hell even if he cussed out Steph... bang you're history.

It's very telling they have "thrown him under the bus" so to speak by their wording... something big has happened that involved HR rather than "wrestling business" protocols.

Why ADR would have issue with a lowly social media guy other than the "hot subject" of racism is conjecture, if he hit someone and it was going to lead to charges then they're gone... if it IS some Social Media guy ADR has perversely done him a favor... he ain't getting released any time soon, even if ADR is...

Still seems small beer though for a full release rather than a suspension... if it's a combination of Jack's rumor AND him being a dick to a McMahon/LeVesque then that perhaps makes the most sense.

Del Rio was widely overated. Good in ring, not so good on mic and charisma of a rock(not the wrestler, just plain rock on a ground). Mysterio was on his way down with years and injuries and they needed someoone who would get them spanish demographics nicely. So they tooked Del Rio and tried to make him maineventer and even gave this guy Royal Rumble win. Unfortunatly for him he couldnt even pull out one of the most simple gimmicks of all, "rich guy whom everyone hates". On top of that guy probablly had series of misconducts. So you have bland wrestler with charisma of a rock who has series of misconducts. Its pretty reliable call to fire a guy because you get almost nothing from him and he is problematic. :)

Woooowww. They've always seemed to value ADR highly, so this surprises me.

As a fan, I really have never enjoyed his work. Highly overrated. His matches, promos, and angles have always come off really dull to me.

Viva Del Rio,I'm Sad to see him let go he can move in the ring better than alot of others, but i feel like he was leaving anyway when the WWE cut his brother. Add the fact that he is a prick yea....i know the locker room is glad he's gone. I would of wished that he beat the miz to only have Ziggler go over him at SS. Anyways ADR goes to CMLL as a returning Star like Drew Mac did in Ireland.

Never a draw in the company despite of his popularity in mexico. Overpushed by creative for years and never got over as face or heel. Knew he was gonna flop and exposed (character wise) when he got pushed to the moon. Alot of ppl in the wrestling community had high hope of this guy when he became champion. Anyway hes a multitime champion, mitb and rumble winner. Accomplished everything.

as far as ppl believing its a work possibly. Havent you guys learn from the cm punk mess already? The closest thing to being a work was that. Of course it turned out its legit and it was never a type of "work" that wwe would do out of nowhere.

Ok...didn't you learn from the Daniel Bryan nonsense a few years ago? THAT was the closest thing to being a work...since it was, you know, a work. They've already shown they're capable of pulling this type of work out of nowhere, so let's not act like it's impossible for them to do it.

Nothing can happen anymore without people jumping on the "work" bandwagon. It hasn't picked up steam on here YET, but I've seen it elsewhere already.

If you're one of the people who thought Punk leaving was a work and argued about it on here for weeks, and never admitted you were wrong, you can just leave this one alone for now. It can't be that hard to accept the fact that someone who nobody really cares about just pissed off the wrong person, by behaving the wrong way, and was shown the door.

His contract was expiring soon anyway, and if the WWE was going to do a fake announcement about someone being let go, they're not going to waste it on Del Rio.

Uh, ok. And if you're one of those people that thought Daniel Bryan's firing was legitimate, and never admitted you were wrong, you can just leave this one alone for now. It can't be that hard to recognize there's a possibility WWE is working the Universe in the same way they've done it many times before.

Funny how such simple minded logic can easily be applied both ways.

People actually believe this is a fucking work? Just how dumb are you? The company just lost loads of money and have been making major budget cuts. Why in the blue fucking hell would releasing an expensive talent that's been doing nothing and said he wouldn't renew his contract be a work?

The guy is an arrogant prick who's gone out of his way to insult and hurt other talent on live television. Why the shock that he's gone? He said months ago that he wouldn't renew.

He can easily head to AAA, CMLL or WWL and make just as much money as he was in WWE and be more relevant too.

Being totally honest here, this is one of the stupidest non-troll posts I've read in a very long time. (Assuming you're not trolling...if you were, well, good job. You got me.) The fact that you seem to think it's beyond impossible for there to be any chance this is a work is just too idiotic to put into words. The notion that's there's no possible way for this to be a work, that's there's no possible reason they would do this, is moronic beyond description.

Why would it be a work? Ok, because he changed his mind, signed a new deal, and this is the start of a new megapush. Boom. Your entire argument, up in smoke, in one sentence.

Nobody "believes it's a work," genius. People are saying it's a possibility it's a work - and guess what? They're 100% right! That is very much a possibility.

Is it likely? No. Do I think it's a work? Almost certainly not. But is it impossible? Don't be ridiculous. Would I be shocked if Alberto Del Rio comes running through the crowd on Raw, attacking The Authority during one of their promos while the announcers scream "he's fired! He shouldn't be here! Security!!!" the whole time? Not one bit.

Assaulting someone because they used a racial slur is still assault and he should still be fired. The only difference in the outcome here if that was the case is that the other employee should be fired as well.

One of the wrestlers assaulting one of the office workers just isn't going to fly, I don't care if the guy used a racial slur while telling Del Rio he banged his wife. In this day and age, and in that corporate environment, that's a zero-tolerance situation.

Yeah, I agree. What I mean is that if something along the lines of a racial slur was used, I could, at the very least, understand Del Rio's motivation for slapping him even though I wouldn't have agreed with it. Of course, I highly doubt that anything racial was said because reports of it would've been all over the place long before now. Such a story, or anything with the slightest hint of racism, is immediately a hot topic.

That's too bad. I wasnt a del Rio mark, but he made his opponents look good and provided entertaining matches. I doubt him getting in a fight was the reason as much as it was an excuse though. People have gotten into backstage brawls all the time and were never fired. But WWE is probably in that mentality where if you're not a major draw and you do something wrong, you're about to save them some money.

One less capable wrestler in the ring.

I guess WWE is now going solely by a wrestler's gimmick as the main attraction. Good work WWE, keep this up, and there's be no one left who could actually work a match.

Del Rio had a fabulous match against Swagger just one or two days ago. Could Swagger had that kind of match without talents of Del Rio's caliber willing to work with him? Why don't WWE put Swagger in a match against Zack Ryder or Adam Rose, and see how that goes?

Being totally honest here, this is one of the stupidest non-troll posts I've read in a very long time. (Assuming you're not trolling...if you were, well, good job. You got me.)
Oh, trust me. The only stupid thing here. Is you.
The fact that you seem to think it's beyond impossible for there to be any chance this is a work is just too idiotic to put into words. The notion that's there's no possible way for this to be a work, that's there's no possible reason they would do this, is moronic beyond description.
So you're telling me WWE posted the release on a WWE employee on their website like they always do, but the reason it was done being circulated by dirtsheets is part of an elaborate ruse? Are you one of the morons that thought CM Punk leaving after the Rumble was also a work?
Why would it be a work? Ok, because he changed his mind, signed a new deal, and this is the start of a new megapush. Boom. Your entire argument, up in smoke, in one sentence.
Wow. This right here just proves it. Again. Why the fuck would WWE announce the release of an employee to push someone? Do you even common sense, bro?
Nobody "believes it's a work," genius. People are saying it's a possibility it's a work - and guess what? They're 100% right! That is very much a possibility.
You just said there was a chance it was a work. I have the quote. Right above.
Is it likely? No. Do I think it's a work? Almost certainly not. But is it impossible? Don't be ridiculous. Would I be shocked if Alberto Del Rio comes running through the crowd on Raw, attacking The Authority during one of their promos while the announcers scream "he's fired! He shouldn't be here! Security!!!" the whole time? Not one bit.
Then fire him on TV like the rest. Like Cody Rhodes, Brie Bella, Batista, etc. Where people can see and care. Not on the fucking corporate site where the reason for it is being spreaded by dirtsheets. Oh, wait. That would make sense. And that goes over your head. TV is TV. Corporate is corporate. When are you idiots gonna learn the damn difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back