Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket
Round 1, Match 8

Toy Story

toy-story-3-20080409024802743_640w.jpg

vs.

Scream

15112013.jpg

Scream was an excellent, excellent horror movie. It truly in my opinion is the reason that this decade has seen so many horror movies. That genre was all but dead in the water, and this movie came along and completely rewrote what type of potential that these movies truly do have. The duel killers at the end of the movie was a fucking awesome twist.

However, Toy Story is hands down one of the top ten movies I have ever watched. I truly don't think that Disney/Pixar deserves the universal praise they get, in fact, I think most of their movies are utter crap, but Toy Story is different. It just clicks right for me, and it has tons of replay value.

This is Toy Story and its a run away. Scream was good, but nothign midn blowing. Toy Story was somethign that no one had ever seen before and still haven't. It's visually stunning, but that's not its strength. This may be the greatest buddy movie of all time. While the great danger for them is a small thing in the grand scheme of things, to them it is all that matters and they draw you into it. What follows is magic.

I know the value of scream to the horror film business. It worked it's magic to revive a genre...but as with all successful movies, got ****ed out with sequels to capitilise on the unexpected success. That and I can't stand the continual in-references to itself.

Toy Story itself was an outstanding film, filled with bitterness at being over-taken and a wild trip to get back home (including a psychotic nemesis). Despite being a kids film, Toy Story had enough in it to keep adults interested and is easily one of the most watchable films ever made.

Scream was an excellent, excellent horror movie. It truly in my opinion is the reason that this decade has seen so many horror movies. That genre was all but dead in the water, and this movie came along and completely rewrote what type of potential that these movies truly do have. The duel killers at the end of the movie was a fucking awesome twist./QUOTE]

I do agree that Scream was a great movie that kicked off a lot of horror movies, it made it a bankable movie genre again. Bu I dont think it was as great as an achievment as Toy Story did for animations

However, Toy Story is hands down one of the top ten movies I have ever watched. I truly don't think that Disney/Pixar deserves the universal praise they get, in fact, I think most of their movies are utter crap, but Toy Story is different. It just clicks right for me, and it has tons of replay value.

Youre Right, Disney and Pixar makes a lot of shit. Lots of animation movies lately for kids are shit. Over The Hedge? That was horrible. Toy Story is different. So many different groupings of people wouidl love tihs movie. It brought computer generated movies into the forefront for animations. It made animations great. Like Scream, it did also lead to a bunch of crap being made. That said, Toy Story should be moving on.

"Scream" was entertaining as hell, but "Toy Story" is one of the greatest animated films ever created, if not THE greatest (don't think I would put it over "The Lion King", though).

"Scream" is a fun little thriller and has a lot of memorable comedic moments, but it didn't have the impact on the film industry "Toy Story" has had, in my opinion. So that's one reason my vote goes toward "Toy Story", but other then that, "Toy Story" is just the better film overall. The creativeness of the story and the adventure the story takes you on cannot be matched by a movie like "Scream".

Scream has no chance.

Toy Story is one of the few Disney films that I can still watch despite being 21 and still enjoy. Sure, I don't enjoy it on the same level I did as a kid, but I still enjoy it nonetheless. Its tough to get people to buy into a cartoon and care about the characters, let alone if you're also adding the fantasy element of them being talking toys, but this film accomplishes it. Alongside Aladdin, I'd have to say Toy Story is one of the best Disney films I've ever seen.

Scream, to me, has made its impact on the slasher film genre, but that particular genre to me doesn't hold up much respect. Its sort of like adding one leg to a chair when the other three are missing.

Toy Story.

Scream is out, plain and simple. Toy Story is most likely the best Disney movie of the last 20 years. Scream is good, but it's not great, and it's easily forgettable. Toy Story has great voice actors, fantastic animation, and a good story to boot. Scream can't compete with a movie like that. I like how Scream is self-aware but it's no four star movie. Toy Story is, and then some.

Digging the love for Toy Story - one of my favourite films growing up and I'll still watch it today if it's on. One of the the few franchises that had a good sequel in Toy Story 2.
Whatever age you are Toy Story is one of those films everyone can enjoy and rightfully so.

While I appreciate what Scream did for horror movies, I cant vote for it here. Mainly because of Ghostface. God how I detest that guy. Not Scary, plain and simple. But it was a good flick otherwise.

Toy Story is a very entertaining movie, with laughs and everything else. Great animation for the times, and it has one of my favorite actors Tim Allen playing Buzz Lightyear. A great film for everyone to enjoy.

My vote goes to, INFINTY AND....BEYOND!!!

I can't think of a single person I know between the ages of 4 and 50 that didn't like Toy Story. Not only did it have a stellar voice over cast, Pixar animation showed us something new, it had great writing, and plenty of gags for the adults to get that would go right over the kiddies. Scream isn't even that great of a horror film. The concept was cool, playing off of the unwritten rules in horror films, but the execution of the concept was lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back