Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket;
Round 2, Match 8

Toy Story
toy%20story.jpg

vs.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

165732__arnold_l.jpg

toy story is the top 3 of disney all time the only one that beats it is the lion king. toy story wins here because it was the first movie to take pix arts as far as they are now in movies.

As much as I loved Toy Story for being one of the few Disney films I can still watch at the age of 21, I just can't vote for it over T2.

T2 to me is the ultimate action film. Its action sequences not only make sense but they also build up to a powerful climax instead of just having random explosions - and on top of that, each action sequence is topped by the next one, so the LIST of action scenes even build to a powerful climax as well. They moved the story the most logical way forward from the previous film and built on the foundations to make that much better of a movie. The dark blue color tones? The metallic drums for the Terminator's theme? I'll be back? Hasta la vista, baby? C'mon! Lol.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

I also have to go with T2 on this one. You watch it, and it doesn't look the least bit like it was made in 1991. The special effects were groundbreaking and simply amazing. The story and the action mix perfectly, whereas in today's Michael Bay/Brett Ratner world, the action comes priority over the story, with movies going beyond hardcore action, beyond intense pop art, and into unbearable assaults on the eyes and ears. T2 is a movie that is constantly building and building, with each action sequence becoming more grandiose, and each chapter in the story building, moving the movie along. The movie just does not stop, and it's an intense roller coaster ride the whole time.

I could vote either way here. I love both movies. Both were groundbreaking, both had a huge impact on the industry, both are entertaining as fuck. I gave my vote to Toy Story, but only because I assume everyone else will be voting T2.

This is an easy one for me. As much as I'd hate for Toy Story to be eliminated this early, it will be. Terminator 2: Judgment Day was an amazing movie when it came out. It blew people away in the early 90's, even before Jurassic Park brought in realistic Dinosaurs. I assume this will be a pretty close race, Toy Story is a great movie, and I fully backed it last round, but once It met with one of my favorites, it is no comparison for me. T2.

You watch it, and it doesn't look the least bit like it was made in 1991.

It does though, dunnit. The FX are similar to The Abyss, which came out in 1987 I think. It just doesn't look great anymore. It wouldn't cut it these days, esppecially when you compare it to how little the original has dated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back